Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,957 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment (16896 Views)

UNICAL Panel Finds Prof. Cyril Ndifon Guilty Of Sexual Harassment, Extortion / Zamfara Government Shuts Down School, Suspends Staff Over ‘Desecration’ Of Quran / ABU Sacks 15 Staff Over Sexual Harassment, Other Offences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by blackbeau1(f): 9:09pm On Sep 02, 2017
I just wish this would happen in Uniport. Most of the staff would be sacked. Kudos to whoever is responsible for this change at Delsu. Our Educational system needs to be sanitised

1 Like

Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by Chukwudi4naija(m): 9:12pm On Sep 02, 2017
MrCuteking:
They should restrict the way some girls dresses. If our girls can cover their selves properly well, this whole thing would reduced.
See grammar. Supu

1 Like

Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by Greenthumb(m): 9:16pm On Sep 02, 2017
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Will serve as a deterrent to other lecturers who're in the habit of extortions of all sort
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by ksbusari(m): 9:25pm On Sep 02, 2017
make the schl advertise the vacant positions then

3 Likes

Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by patola080(m): 9:25pm On Sep 02, 2017
abokibuhari:
Buhari wants yo destroy the south south
u re a big time fool did Buhari ask dem to b sleeping with d student Some of ur people re he goat dis is good 4dem n big lesson to d rest

2 Likes

Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by UFOMZY: 9:27pm On Sep 02, 2017
Nice one DELSU
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by lonelyhrt(f): 9:27pm On Sep 02, 2017
succyblinks:

Shut up! Don't say what you don't know
For the past three years delsu has known nothing but peace and serenity
Just hiding behind the keyboard to say what you don't know, even in the most peaceful society there is still some element of bad but saying its "too much" in delsu is absolute ignorance and foolishness to say the least

you better keep quiet and don't say what you don't know

3 Likes

Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by highness25(m): 9:34pm On Sep 02, 2017
MrCuteking:
They should restrict the way some girls dresses. If our girls can cover their selves properly well, this whole thing would reduced.
you lied bro, take a look at Europe, despite how their girls dresses you'll never see or hear this kind of news that this op posted. It's just the mind set

1 Like

Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by succyblinks(f): 9:34pm On Sep 02, 2017
lonelyhrt:

you better keep quiet and don't say what you don't know

You should be the one to keep quiet, delsu abraka campus has very little cases of corruption and harassment, and that can't be wiped away totally

Don't quote me if you don't have anything sensible to say

2 Likes

Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by muller101(m): 9:36pm On Sep 02, 2017
rayblings:
shocked

I didn't read the long story because the headline tells it all.. This is good news.. And most of these so called lectures are married with kids... What's the difference between their wives P and the students P? can someone just tell me...

Naija which way abeg
now go back and read the op was only joking
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by brojoshua: 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2017
They should be handed over to the police for prosecution and punishment if found guilty. Not just sacking them. Let there be justice

1 Like

Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 02, 2017
succyblinks:

Shut up! Don't say what you don't know
For the past three years delsu has known nothing but peace and serenity
Just hiding behind the keyboard to say what you don't know, even in the most peaceful society there is still some element of bad but saying its "too much" in delsu is absolute ignorance and foolishness to say the least
You're right.. ✌
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by Royruky(m): 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2017
omusiliyu:

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/delsu-sacks-10-lecturers-8-junior-staff-extortion-sexual-harassment/

It is obvious that most people who made comment on this post did not read the post thoroughly. They just assumed that all lecturers are involved in sexual harassment of female students. From the report and the post on Delsu website NO LECTURER was dismissed or disciplined for SEXUAL HARASSMENT. Yet, those who made comment refer to sexual harassment as the basis for their dismissal or discipline.

I am not holding brief for lecturers who engaged in sexual harassment, but I think the challenges facing Nigerian Universities are examination malpractice and plagiarism on the part of lecturers. You see students who refuse to study their books and yet are ashamed to graduate with a third class degree. Herein lies the challenge bedeviling the university.

On the other hand, you see a lecturer who wants to end his career as a professor but is not willing to work for it. He quietly searches for the work of other scholars and does cosmetic addition and subtraction to the work. He consoles himself with the statement that "we all copy"....."no one is an island".............. "it is intelligent copying".

Believe me if every students put his or her best into their studies, cases of sexual harassment and extortion will be minimal..... I say MINIMAL and not ERADICATED.

1 Like

Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2017
Their cup don full
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by vic4real22: 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2017
That is a new development anyway, there are still a lot of lecturers that need to be sacked" Especially from that chemistry department.
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 02, 2017
what did Mrs Ogisi did na ... she's a well respected lecturer.
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by Bizgold: 10:26pm On Sep 02, 2017
Even in Secondary school . Delta
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by dayowunmi(m): 10:27pm On Sep 02, 2017
Royruky:

It is obvious that most people who made comment on this post did not read the post thoroughly. They just assumed that all lecturers are involved in sexual harassment of female students. From the report and the post on Delsu website NO LECTURER was dismissed or disciplined for SEXUAL HARASSMENT. Yet, those who made comment refer to sexual harassment as the basis for their dismissal or discipline.

I am not holding brief for lecturers who engaged in sexual harassment, but I think the challenges facing Nigerian Universities are examination malpractice and plagiarism on the part of lecturers. You see students who refuse to study their books and yet are ashamed to graduate with a third class degree. Herein lies the challenge bedeviling the university.

On the other hand, you see a lecturer who wants to end his career as a professor but is not willing to work for it. He quietly searches for the work of other scholars and does cosmetic addition and subtraction to the work. He consoles himself with the statement that "we all copy"....."no one is an island".............. "it is intelligent copying".

Believe me if every students put his or her best into their studies, cases of sexual harassment and extortion will be minimal..... I say MINIMAL and not ERADICATED.
I beg to differ sir! Sexual harassment is a serious issue in our education system, howbeit, its underreported by the victims for fear of persecution. In some instances, the lecturers are so brazen they even threaten students who are not responding to their overtures right in the class before everyone. It takes serious courage to come out cos when you do, its their world against theirs. I served in a polytechnic bro, in a department, even these lecturers that are old, when they see girl like this! They suddenly become nice... Lol. I can't tell story abeg.
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by Respect11(m): 10:33pm On Sep 02, 2017
Evaberry:
This is big news

This is really good news for the student of delta State University, female student suffer at the hands of lecturers. The corruption in that university is something else.

lecturers demand for money before passing students, if you don't pay them give you D or at best a C
oga u lied. I'm a full time graduate of delsu and nothing of such claims happened

sexual harassment in Delsu is too much

That school is a life sucking agent

I will come back and modify to say more but for now lemme call lalasticlala and mynd44
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by obstead200(m): 10:35pm On Sep 02, 2017
MrCuteking:
They should restrict the way some girls dress. If our girls can cover them selves properly well, this whole thing would reduced.
Don't bother thanking me. It is not ur fault. The foundation is faulty.
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by Phinysmarty(f): 10:40pm On Sep 02, 2017
STUDY ABROAD CONCEPTZ NIG. IN COLLABORATION WITH EMPIRE STUDY SERVICES GHANA /CHINA

Earn a full tuition Scholarship to Study in China most Outstanding Universities and Experience a huge Differences in the Abroad Educational Transmission Level. The Scholarship is Strictly for Undergraduate interested Students from all over Africa.

SCHOLARSHIP covers your FULL TUITION FEES from your First/Fresher's Academic year upon your Graduation from College, hence your Accommodation/Hostel fees Exempted.
Accommodation : You are allowed to pay for the School Hostel fees and live in the International Hostel or live off-Campus.

REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP INCLUDES:

1, WAEC CERTIFICATE /HIGH SCHOOL CERTIFICATE(with a Good Grade)
2, INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT DATA PAGE
3, PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH
4, BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

NB:Medicine & Nursing is exempted from the full Tuition Scholarship, thus;There Scholarship covers 75% of Tuition fees and 50% of Hostel fees which left Interested Candidates in Paying 1500USD(both tuition and Hostel fees inclusive) annually for Nursing & 2800USD(both tuition and Hostel fees inclusive) for Medicine annually.

FOR MORE ENQUIRIES,
PLEASE CONTACT STUDY ABROAD CONCEPTZ NIG.
Contact/WhatsApp: +2348030629736
Email:misysmarty@yahoo.com

Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by Royruky(m): 10:43pm On Sep 02, 2017
Sexual harassment is a serious issue no doubt, however, examination malpractice is at the root of 99 percent of cases of sexual harassment
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by Royruky(m): 10:44pm On Sep 02, 2017
dayowunmi:

I beg to differ sir! Sexual harassment is a serious issue in our education system, howbeit, its underreported by the victims for fear of persecution. In some instances, the lecturers are so brazen they even threaten students who are not responding to their overtures right in the class before everyone. It takes serious courage to come out cos when you do, its their world against theirs. I served in a polytechnic bro, in a department, even these lecturers that are old, when they see girl like this! They suddenly become nice... Lol. I can't tell story abeg.

Sexual harassment is a serious issue no doubt, however, examination malpractice is at the root of 99 percent of cases of sexual harassment
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by dayowunmi(m): 10:54pm On Sep 02, 2017
Royruky:

Maybe a lot but certainly not 99%, they don't go after every girl, some of them have their types, if you are their type they will likely come for you, if they can't placate you with marks, they placate you with money and when the two fails, they resort to threat, they will threaten that they will instruct another lecturer to fail you instead of them, so that at the end, you will not be able to successfully defend a case of harassment against them if at all you decide to plead your case.
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by KAYD007(m): 11:22pm On Sep 02, 2017
texazzpete:

What has this got to do with the Nigerian Government?

Your inability to comprehend simple written English serves as a strong vindication for the current ASUU strike.

Bros. ... e don tey oo . I dey hail oo.
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by vic4real22: 2:57am On Sep 03, 2017
Chukwudi4naija:
See grammar. Supu
professor in English, abeg write ur own make we see na!
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by vic4real22: 3:06am On Sep 03, 2017
succyblinks:

You should be the one to keep quiet, delsu abraka campus has very little cases of corruption and harassment, and that can't be wiped away totally

Don't quote me if you don't have anything sensible to say
what that person u are quoting said was nothing but a bitter truth. I graduated frm that school i knw what i passed through, It seems u are saying what u don't knw.
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by Silvertrinity(f): 5:05am On Sep 03, 2017
Kudos to VC Peretemodem and the senates... Sombori kan now go to school in peace
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by vandi247(m): 6:55am On Sep 03, 2017
New development.
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by Jkvivi2020: 6:59am On Sep 03, 2017
useless lecturer they don't have fear of God.they use their position to Bleep different sizes and shapes of girls.feel they are untouchable. All the bad eggs will be flush from the system with the help of those that have been a victim.
Re: DELSU Sacks 10 Lecturers, 8 Junior Staff Over Extortion, Sexual Harassment by dsavant(m): 7:49am On Sep 03, 2017
If truly they are guilty, let them dance to the drum

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Strike Suspension: Watch Moment ASUU Called Off Its 1 Month Strike (Video) / Scholars Global Tech / Invisible Teacher By Dele Ashade For Jamb Use Of English ...where Can I Get It L

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.