Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

The Day I Began To Live - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Day I Began To Live (403 Views)

Worldly Targets Set By Churches: How My Friend Began Preaching Rubbish / How I Began To Prophesy//apostle Johnson Suleman / I Began To See The Errors Most Christian Make In Their Faith Walk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Day I Began To Live by fromnigeria(m): 8:40am On Sep 03, 2017
KO Victor
Truth is, I have always love God and his service, even as a child, but...It got to a point where I had to call a spade a spade and not just an agricultural tool.
That truth is, I have just been religious all the years.
I found out one can't really boldly say he is a Christian, who has been saved and still be bound to all form of addiction to SIN. I remember I was addicted to Bet9ja (a gambling firm) then. I was as afraid of the future as much as an average unbelieving believer around me. Most importantly I really was not experiencing bunch of what the bible say disciples would. suffix it to say, I didn't really understand what it meant to be a Christian, I thought, as I learnt that it was all about being regular to the church building fifty two times in a year and doing all those religions stuffs. I thought Christianity ended with denomination. I never knew the essence of that gathering was to build up the body of Christ to the point where we can do all he did and beyond. although the opposite is the case in today. I lacked the TRUE knowledge of the God I worshipped, even though I knew some things which weren't true.
The soul kept enduring while seeking the TRUTH, because deep down as time went, it knew that something was lacking, that POWER, that separates Christianity from religion.
That fateful day, somewhere around August, 2016, in my abode, I moved, shut the door, sat and made that decision, that I WAS GOING TO BE A CHRISTIAN or PAGAN. I prayed God I needed to be known for one the two, instead of dangling between both sides, which translated to the latter. I decided I wanted to really know what I believed in, instead of just bearing that name, believer.
Well today, God who is always faithful and ready to help and show himself strong to those who diligently seek him has not stopped shinning his light on me and bombarding me with knowledge, the true knowledge of what it means to be a Christian, a follower, and a disciple.
Today, words can not describe how Free I am and feel to Be, Know and Do, to serve or worship in knowledge, spirit and truth. God has conspicuously via my diligent search, lead me to sincere teachers, here and over there, who are burning in passion to build up the body of Christ with selfless and unselfish but scriptural teachings. Now, I have a good feeling of how easy Christianity is, and I have a good knowledge of the nature of Satan, the evil one, even in the ocean of knowledge.
I am free of all addictions by the power in the written word of God and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
That year, the month, that week, one day, that DECISION.
I have been enlisted, NO going back. Too late anyways, the bridge was burnt.
God is really too good.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria In Bondage / A Child Of God Does Not Drink Alchol / Powerful Pastor Makes Money To Appear In Church Members Pocket (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.