Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,480 members, 7,865,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:14 AM

Disintegration Is Our Greatest Fear: Arewa Youth Laments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disintegration Is Our Greatest Fear: Arewa Youth Laments (1195 Views)

Insecurity: President Buhari Has Failed Nigerians – Arewa Youth Group / Nigeria's Disintegration Is Costly – Cardinal Onaiyekan / Arewa Youth Secretary Speaking On Channels TV (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disintegration Is Our Greatest Fear: Arewa Youth Laments by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:58am On Sep 03, 2017
President of Arewa Youths Consultative Forum, Alhaji Shetima Yerima has described leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nmamdi Kanu as a ‘noise maker’ for rejecting the withdrawal of quit notice earlier issued on Igbos residing in northern Nigeria.
He called on the relevant authorities to deal with anybody who violates the suspension of the quit notice to the Igbos residing in the northern parts of the country.
Kanu and his pro-Biafra group had rejected the withdrawal of the quit notice, describing it as “inconsequential.”
Yerima told Daily Sun that the quit order belonged to the past as the objective had been achieved by Arewa youths.
His words, “Did I do it for him or in the interest of the country? His rejection of the suspension of the quit notice is not important to me. What we did was to demonstrate that we have a culture. We give respect to our elders and it was to ensure that the country remains together. The country is above anybody.
“On that basis, his acceptance or not is not important but I know that he also is not speaking for the Igbo. It is a minority view of few people making all sorts of noise. It is not really important to me and I do not want to join issues with them. Nigeria is above everybody and I stand on the path of one united country. We have to build a nation that we can call our own.”
On his greatest fear about Nigeria, the Arewa youth leader said, “My greatest fear is to wake up one morning and find out that there is no country called Nigeria. That was why we took steps toward the right direction; we are ready to make sacrifice so that Nigeria remains together.
“I am sure that our founding fathers who fought tooth and nail to sustain the unity of the country, wherever they are even in their graves, they would not be comfortable. They would be saying that this is not what they bargained for the country. So, we are going to ensure that the unity of the country they fought for is being sustained.”
Re: Disintegration Is Our Greatest Fear: Arewa Youth Laments by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:58am On Sep 03, 2017
YoungDaNaval:
President of Arewa Youths Consultative Forum, Alhaji Shetima Yerima has described leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nmamdi Kanu as a ‘noise maker’ for rejecting the withdrawal of quit notice earlier issued on Igbos residing in northern Nigeria.
He called on the relevant authorities to deal with anybody who violates the suspension of the quit notice to the Igbos residing in the northern parts of the country.
Kanu and his pro-Biafra group had rejected the withdrawal of the quit notice, describing it as “inconsequential.”
Yerima told Daily Sun that the quit order belonged to the past as the objective had been achieved by Arewa youths.
His words, “Did I do it for him or in the interest of the country? His rejection of the suspension of the quit notice is not important to me. What we did was to demonstrate that we have a culture. We give respect to our elders and it was to ensure that the country remains together. The country is above anybody.
“On that basis, his acceptance or not is not important but I know that he also is not speaking for the Igbo. It is a minority view of few people making all sorts of noise. It is not really important to me and I do not want to join issues with them. Nigeria is above everybody and I stand on the path of one united country. We have to build a nation that we can call our own.”
On his greatest fear about Nigeria, the Arewa youth leader said, “My greatest fear is to wake up one morning and find out that there is no country called Nigeria. That was why we took steps toward the right direction; we are ready to make sacrifice so that Nigeria remains together.
“I am sure that our founding fathers who fought tooth and nail to sustain the unity of the country, wherever they are even in their graves, they would not be comfortable. They would be saying that this is not what they bargained for the country. So, we are going to ensure that the unity of the country they fought for is being sustained.”
source: https://lm.?u=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fqq9bEP&h=ATNhJIFrJlRjdjQ_iB1KPtbrq70blP5MujFbOqbyXorcbM6S2-TJ8TKuWdkY1Z22Azhjl4VmGYB5IbFN8AyxLJnmZ00qUh7lybnijVbpkRNLGO--y8mXbiI-K5BVa7fJcIlrXIs&enc=AZOGkLhiwMLo3HtnXhWuOM2elHyGE1t4nSYEWb6_DF9L8ASwGOjrQIgf7cEviZLIW3S0creaH-VE3l2czHjHoKRgptFEtHCK95zmxwDr7kwELnAC27vBGy4g9czI7u4idMTRykhbayq3iswjrNd9IIdnWSIKR83RHjTZYrTwdtfjTeLSAddv7Bvd2OVK6QPKzvjvfdtVD0rphV1SLBmhLxxl4tke6SDPvYs1C2XTHb2QrKj7Dj5CEa9OReSpWrh_M4w8hNeXtl1CABqMQ4j7dGHcG-BeJYIwYOGUFMgxHbSlT8QOhwhdMYzEFZ37oVyzGXWSUIYmvm3t4wSTD9S2K0NL&s=1
Re: Disintegration Is Our Greatest Fear: Arewa Youth Laments by bot101(m): 11:00am On Sep 03, 2017
Following fa
Re: Disintegration Is Our Greatest Fear: Arewa Youth Laments by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:03am On Sep 03, 2017
They mean ''the fear of losing Oil Money and Lagos awuff Money'' coming in from the South while they contribute Zero to the national coffers EXCEPT Sorrow, Tears and Blood...

We have heard you sir......

10 Likes

Re: Disintegration Is Our Greatest Fear: Arewa Youth Laments by attackgat: 11:16am On Sep 03, 2017
The Northern youths are hypocrites. They issued quit notice so as to ensure the unity of Nigeria? How laughable. I dont think the Northern youths realise how much their actions helped to make Biafra more popular.

That quit notice opened the eyes of our people to reality on the ground, that there is nowhere they can count on but home.

It also exposed the hypocrisy of ONE NIGERIA. That people can get up and ask other people from other Regions to pack up and go yet the people who made this call get away with it scot-free. The same people then demand the rearrest of Kanu.

So Kanu is the one who should arrested because he wants Biafra but the Northern youth who make treasonable statement are giving adequate protection and hailed?

Wether the North likes it or not, the Igbo nation will one day become an independent nation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disintegration Is Our Greatest Fear: Arewa Youth Laments by abokibuhari: 11:18am On Sep 03, 2017
Story for Afonjas to chew on
Re: Disintegration Is Our Greatest Fear: Arewa Youth Laments by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 03, 2017

(1) Really?Impunity Reigns Supreme in this George Orwell's Animal Farm.
The Quit Notice is a treasonable Offense and you have the audacity to call on "Relevant Authorities" to deal with anybody who violates it.

What we did was to demonstrate that we have a culture.

(2) Everybody knows that you have a "Culture",most people that 'had encounters with your 'culture' are no longer 'around'.

On that basis, his acceptance or not is not important but I know that he also is not speaking for the Igbo. It is a minority view of few people making all sorts of noise.

(3) Mr. why don't allow the Igbos to decide who is speaking for them or not?.

We have to build a nation that we can call our own.”

(4) Good luck to you,we are tired,after more than 100 years we have nothing to show for it,we want to try something new.

On his greatest fear about Nigeria, the Arewa youth leader said, “My greatest fear is to wake up one morning and find out that there is no country called Nigeria.

(5) Now you are talking,this is not because you love Nigeria,it is because the North is the sole beneficiary of the forced amalgamation.

So, we are going to ensure that the unity of the country they fought for is being sustained.”

(6) Unity is not something one fights for,all the components parts of the country agrees to be unted because they are better off being together than being apart.

Scotland chose to be in Britain because they think that UK is better for them,despite BREXIT.

Britain did not 'ensure' that their unity with Scotland is sustained.

California is with the US despite being world's 6th largest economy,because they know that they are better off with the US than CALEXIT.The US did not fight to 'sustain' the unity.

THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN MUST SET FORTH AT DAWN.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disintegration Is Our Greatest Fear: Arewa Youth Laments by aolawale025: 11:38am On Sep 03, 2017
The arewa youths should wake up. The era of monkey dey work baboon dey chop is almost over

1 Like

Re: Disintegration Is Our Greatest Fear: Arewa Youth Laments by OjukwuWarBird: 11:41am On Sep 03, 2017
They should tell that to the UN that had given instruction for their arrest.

1 Like

Re: Disintegration Is Our Greatest Fear: Arewa Youth Laments by Nutase: 11:53am On Sep 03, 2017
Okay o.
Re: Disintegration Is Our Greatest Fear: Arewa Youth Laments by marooh: 12:10pm On Sep 03, 2017
They are are really afraid

So Herdsmen will continue their adventures in eastern.

1. Proverb: I am afraid to die does not mean dead is will not occur.

2. Together we fall.....divide we stand!

3 Likes

Re: Disintegration Is Our Greatest Fear: Arewa Youth Laments by ewigmee: 1:48pm On Sep 03, 2017
Dumb.
Re: Disintegration Is Our Greatest Fear: Arewa Youth Laments by joeyfire(m): 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2017
"The new nation called Nigeria should be an
estate of our great grandfather Othman Dan
Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of
power. We use the minorities in the north as
willing tools and the south as a conquered
territory and never allow them to rule over us and
never allow them to have control over their
future." – Parrot Newspaper October 12, 1960.

They are scared of losing their estate abi? The quit notice has backfired and they now realise that they used their own legs to enter one chance

YoungDaNaval:
Re: Disintegration Is Our Greatest Fear: Arewa Youth Laments by mecussey(m): 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2017
No one begs for unity and unity is not by force. Even a girl friend who wants out, if you continue to beg her, it will make her want out the more. The almighty marriage sometimes does not work and one partner would want to go. No matter how much you beg or force, when the mind is made up, its made up already. Unless, you change what was wrong, the unity will never work. The truth is Biafra will one day get indepedence, to me the earlier the better. Biafra should be the one begging to be united with Nigeria since they are 5% and the land mass is even small. How on earth will 97% be afraid to lose 5%? Na wao...

(1) (Reply)

H.E. @atiku On Courtesy Visit To Governor Ibrahim Dankwambo Of Gombe @hedankwamb / States Free To Build Own Power Plants – Fashola / Nigeria Government Had Started Clamp Down On Proscribed Ipob World Wide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.