Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Why Is Catfish Not Canned And Pasteurized - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Is Catfish Not Canned And Pasteurized (1389 Views)

Canned Foods / Catfish Pepper Soup (point & Kill) / The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Catfish Not Canned And Pasteurized by kingDavidda1st(m): 2:18pm On Sep 03, 2017
Catfish is common type of fish in Nigeria. Where they are freshly prepared for various delicacies like barbecue, pepper soup and so on.
Also, maybe not fresh, could be smoked, salted, dried as a way of preservation but what strikes an imbalance is why they are not canned and pasteurized like the sardines and meckerels(which are also eaten when freshly prepared)
So could there be a reason why catfish is not canned like the Titus and Geisha that we have in Nigeria with different types of fish as contents?
cc MissyB3, pls move to the front page
Re: Why Is Catfish Not Canned And Pasteurized by dingbang(m): 2:23pm On Sep 03, 2017
I just weak for this reasoning
Re: Why Is Catfish Not Canned And Pasteurized by kingDavidda1st(m): 2:29pm On Sep 03, 2017
dingbang:
I just weak for this reasoning
Why sir?
Re: Why Is Catfish Not Canned And Pasteurized by torres89: 2:45pm On Sep 03, 2017
kingDavidda1st:
Why sir?
don't answer the dude
he lacks creative thinking
Re: Why Is Catfish Not Canned And Pasteurized by kingDavidda1st(m): 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2017
torres89:

don't answer the dude

he lacks creative thinking
Thanks bro, We still have vibrant minds in the country, like you!
Re: Why Is Catfish Not Canned And Pasteurized by duchessofyork: 9:24am On Sep 05, 2017
kingDavidda1st:
Catfish is common type of fish in Nigeria. Where they are freshly prepared for various delicacies like barbecue, pepper soup and so on.
Also, maybe not fresh, could be smoked, salted, dried as a way of preservation but what strikes an imbalance is why they are not canned and pasteurized like the sardines and meckerels(which are also eaten when freshly prepared)
So could there be a reason why catfish is not canned like the Titus and Geisha that we have in Nigeria with different types of fish as contents?

There's a reason its called fresh fish. Your idea is brilliant but I don't think it will fly in Nigeria because we have this perception that cat fish is supposed to be either freshly cooked or smoked.
Re: Why Is Catfish Not Canned And Pasteurized by duchessofyork: 9:24am On Sep 05, 2017
kingDavidda1st:

There's a reason its called fresh fish. Your idea is brilliant but I don't think it will fly in Nigeria because we have this perception that cat fish is supposed to be either freshly cooked or smoked.
Re: Why Is Catfish Not Canned And Pasteurized by kingDavidda1st(m): 11:15am On Sep 05, 2017
duchessofyork:

The whole canning thing seem pretty imbalance my brother. I'll try and do more research on this anymays cos someone said it's based on the omega-3 content and some other factors

(1) (Reply)

This App Teaches You How To Cook All Foods Check It Out And Learn How To Prepare / FMN Group Introduces Golden Penny Garri (pictures) / Can Anybody Tell Me What Is The Name Of This Thing And What It Is Use For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.