Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Sincere Resposne Only. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sincere Resposne Only. (752 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sincere Resposne Only. by strangeworld: 7:29pm On Sep 04, 2017
I live in Jos and my husband travelled to lagos for the festive period. He called me today and for 37sec he didn't know I had picked up the call and I cld hear him on the background telling a lady that he wld take d ladies drink and d lady said y wld u take my drink.....that was when he realised that I had picked up the call. Pls what do I call this..........y is it that men can't be trusted? Am just lost in thought.
Re: Sincere Resposne Only. by thorpido(m): 7:38pm On Sep 04, 2017
When he comes back,you need to trash out the issue with him.

Why did he travel for the festive season leaving you behind anyway?

By the way it's why can't my husband be trusted and not why can't men be trusted?

6 Likes

Re: Sincere Resposne Only. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 04, 2017
What do you think?
Re: Sincere Resposne Only. by ststyreal(f): 7:55pm On Sep 04, 2017
Relax madam, no threat here honestly. The lady in question might be anybody with nothing attached, you can't tell. She could either be his friends sister, his own sister, a cousin sister of his, a lady classmate whom he bumped into etc. Just relax madam and thrash out the issue amicably with him when he returns. It is well!
Re: Sincere Resposne Only. by PEPPERified: 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2017
I feel you should pretend like nothing happened, wait for him to return, and coolly bring it up, like: the other day, I overheard so so so... and I have been bothered.

NB. Most men dislike been pushed, or the knowledge that they are being watched or investigated. Everyman however, has a conscience.
Re: Sincere Resposne Only. by nautybride: 8:41pm On Sep 04, 2017
strangeworld:
I cld hear him on the background telling a lady that he wld take d ladies drink and d lady said y wld u take my drink...

Its an harmless flirt ma'm. Just ignore! The lady's response shows nothing is going on between them.

1 Like

Re: Sincere Resposne Only. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
Why not ask him who the lady is ?
Re: Sincere Resposne Only. by sisisioge: 9:14pm On Sep 04, 2017
Plenty whys...biko don't get too worked up over this. Just try not to think about it. They all can't be trusted...let's hope he uses his discretion at each encounter. No vex.
Re: Sincere Resposne Only. by baby124: 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2017
Lol. Madam, so because he is married to you, he should not be present where other women are. Just look at the kind of problems you have in your life. I don't think you have a job or something that occupies your time. Kindly find something tasking to do. To put your mind at rest, let your husband know what you heard.

1 Like

Re: Sincere Resposne Only. by ifyalways(f): 6:56am On Sep 05, 2017
Life is quite easy but we somehow complicate things for ourselves. When your husband finally spoke to you, why didn't you ask him straight up where he was and which lady he wants to take his drink?

Bottling up questions, worries causes unnecessary strain in marriage. Speak up at the right time and move on. This MIGHT be nothing but just because you didn't trash it out when you are supposed to, it's become a burden on you until your husband returns.

No go give yourself hbp for nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Sincere Resposne Only. by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 05, 2017
I dont sleep over things for a good night rest. i talk about it there and then so long as its convenient
You should call him up and ask what that was about
if he likes he lies or says the truth you have said your own and move on...

BTW this is not an issue at all
Re: Sincere Resposne Only. by Acidosis(m): 3:50pm On Sep 05, 2017
You heard a strange conversation between your hubby and a lady, you ended the call without asking questions, and then you picked the same phone to inform us (those who, for obvious reasons, don't give a fck about your marriage) about your unsettled marriage issues.

Is it not easier, better and cheaper to ask your husband on the phone? It would have been more difficult for him to lie, if you had asked him immediately. Now, whatever he tells you when he comes back home would be very difficult to believe because your mind already choose Nairaland over commonsense.

(1) (Reply)

Old Woman Gets Drunk This Chirstmas Season. / Parents Who ‘regularly Raped Their Daughter, 12,’ Said ‘better Us Than Some Mani / Frozen Goat Meat,live Goat, We Can Deliver To Your Destination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.