Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,236 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Palm Oil - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Palm Oil (462 Views)

New Hybrid Palm Oil Seedlings, Plantain And Banana Suckers For Sale. / Large Quantity Of Palm Oil Needed In Lagos / Palm Oil Supplier Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Palm Oil by Josh121(m): 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
Yippeeee !!!
The price of palm oil i now #11500 25lts as at today.
We are hopeful adulterated oil will not kill anyone in Nigeria . Please buy best oil for your customer and your self .
My dear customers can start making arrangement for kegs.
Thanks.

Note : This price doesn't include transport and kegs please .
One thing we are sure of is quality

Unyime.josh@gmail.com
Re: Palm Oil by Josh121(m): 10:25pm On Sep 04, 2017
Palm oil is a major vegetable oil that is used in many soups and meals especially in West African countries. In fact, I doubt if there is any home in Nigeria that does not include palm oil in any of their daily meals. This clearly shows the importance of the oil in the diets of an average Nigerian.

With the sudden rise in cases of cancer, organ damages and heart diseases with no specific cause, it has become very important for Nigerians to pay particular attention on the quality of palm oil to be used in their diets considering the current trend. It has now come to our notice that many unscrupulous elements, in their quest to make more money, have colluded with producers and marketers of this oil to add some inedible substances or chemicals that could make palm oil appear like the unadulterated one.

I recently read an article that described the arrowing experience of a group of friends who ate leafy vegetable popularly called Efo riro by the Yorubas prepared with palm oil and all of them purged seriously until they were admitted to the hospital. The friends were quick to say it was the vegetable but a further test carried out indicated a trace of some certain chemicals. These chemicals are those used in the production of adulterated palm oil.

The expertise put to use in the production of this oil has made it practically impossible to physically differentiate between a good palm oil and the fake. Many consumers look for redness before buying their palm oil. Of course, that is one major attribute of the oil. In fact, in some climes, it is called red oil. Having known this, these criminals use a chemical called solvent red 24 (Used in colouring plastics) as an additive to improve the redness and make the oil appear like the properly made palm oil. Another dye used to achieve this result is Anatol dye.

Often times, It will surprise you to know that these improperly made bottles or kegs of oils are more expensive than the properly made ones as consumers tend to rush them unknowingly.

It is to my greatest surprise that the law enforcement agency such as NAFDAC had not done enough in recent years to clamp down the perpetrators of this evil act that had left a major food item like palm oil which is suppose to supply Vitamin A for proper nourishment our body to a food item supplying lethal toxins.

You will do yourself and family a great good, if you do have a trusted source where you can buy palm oil that had been properly produced rather than just buy from any seller. Also, one could trust packaged or company made palm oil as standardization must have been adheres to. Prevention certainly is better than cure.

I sincerely hope this article is helpful.

Ask Questions and also Place your Order for best palm oil

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Supply Of PKN / Vacuum Meat Tumbling Machine/meat Tumbler For Sale / Quantity Palm Oil Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.