Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,549 members, 7,958,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:53 PM

Fake News Can Lead To Genocide - Femi Adeshina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fake News Can Lead To Genocide - Femi Adeshina (586 Views)

Akinwunmi Adeshina Attends G7 Summit, Buhari Snubbed - Reno Omokri (Photos) / Femi Fani-Kayode: Nigeria - The Road To Rwanda, 6 Steps To Genocide / Police Surround NBA Ikeja, Chairman Adeshina Ogunlana Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake News Can Lead To Genocide - Femi Adeshina by GidiParrot: 7:22am On Sep 05, 2017
Monday, Femi Adeshina the Senior Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity in an appearance on Channels Television said fake news about the Nigerian government making the rounds on the Internet are aimed at causing disenchantment and exposing President Mohammadu Buhari to ridicule and hatred.

He continued to say, there are many reasons why people will create and disseminate fake news but top on his list is mischief. In his words, 'there are many reasons; I can’t speak for those who are behind this development but I can hazard guesses why they do it. One will be pure mischief to just cause disenchantment in the country'.

'If you see the last line of that story, they said that the trip may not be unconnected to the President’s health. Can you just imagine that? I took time to read some of the reactions that followed that fake news and you could see people say all sorts of rubbish. That was their intention; so that they can expose the President to odium if possible. So, one reason is mischief. To cause odium, to cause disenchantment. Another reason could also be to de-market somebody. You want to de-market somebody and play up another person. Then, of course, another one is they want traffic to their website.' he said.

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2017/09/fake-news-can-lead-to-genocide-femi.html

lalasticlala
Re: Fake News Can Lead To Genocide - Femi Adeshina by GidiParrot: 7:23am On Sep 05, 2017
grin grin
Re: Fake News Can Lead To Genocide - Femi Adeshina by dotG(m): 7:24am On Sep 05, 2017
sure
Re: Fake News Can Lead To Genocide - Femi Adeshina by 2016v2017: 7:48am On Sep 05, 2017
GidiParrot:
Monday, Femi Adeshina the Senior Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity in an appearance on Channels Television said fake news about the Nigerian government making the rounds on the Internet are aimed at causing disenchantment and exposing President Mohammadu Buhari to ridicule and hatred.

He continued to say, there are many reasons why people will create and disseminate fake news but top on his list is mischief. In his words, 'there are many reasons; I can’t speak for those who are behind this development but I can hazard guesses why they do it. One will be pure mischief to just cause disenchantment in the country'.

'If you see the last line of that story, they said that the trip may not be unconnected to the President’s health. Can you just imagine that? I took time to read some of the reactions that followed that fake news and you could see people say all sorts of rubbish. That was their intention; so that they can expose the President to odium if possible. So, one reason is mischief. To cause odium, to cause disenchantment. Another reason could also be to de-market somebody. You want to de-market somebody and play up another person. Then, of course, another one is they want traffic to their website.' he said.

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2017/09/fake-news-can-lead-to-genocide-femi.html

lalasticlala
the same way you rode to Aso Rock.
you and APC are the chief fake news and propaganda inventors
Re: Fake News Can Lead To Genocide - Femi Adeshina by SHTFguy: 8:00am On Sep 05, 2017
The level of sh!t trolling Aso Rock is suffering from can only best be described as a barage of artillery fired cow dung.

It's raining bullsh!t in Aso Rock and they have gotten it up to their ears.
Re: Fake News Can Lead To Genocide - Femi Adeshina by powerkey: 9:06am On Sep 05, 2017
Why are all the people working with buhari mentally sick?
Re: Fake News Can Lead To Genocide - Femi Adeshina by smartty68(m): 9:30am On Sep 05, 2017
Then Buhari should prove the masses wrong and that he's capable of doing good
Re: Fake News Can Lead To Genocide - Femi Adeshina by Evablizin(f): 9:36am On Sep 05, 2017
undecided

Cleaning my ears for more fake news that will turn out to be true in future

Re: Fake News Can Lead To Genocide - Femi Adeshina by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:01am On Sep 05, 2017
smartty68:
Then Buhari should prove the masses wrong and that he's capable of doing good
. Nice point. If he is doing good, the Masses will not believe any negative news about him

(1) (Reply)

Kwankwasiyya APC Support Group Raise Alarm In Kano / Goodluck Jonathan Replies Lai Mohammed / October 1st!!! Independence Or Eviction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.