Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

17 historical Pictures Everyone Should See - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 17 historical Pictures Everyone Should See (6196 Views)

Remarkable Historical Pictures & The Stories Behind Them. / Shocking Historical Pictures / Shocking Historical Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 historical Pictures Everyone Should See by hysteresis: 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
nice!!!
Re: 17 historical Pictures Everyone Should See by Xfemt(m): 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
Evaberry:
I've always loved history
u again, ah eleyi gidigan
Re: 17 historical Pictures Everyone Should See by Greatzeus(m): 5:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
xarm:
5. A sculptor helps a veteran disguise the consequences of injuries, 1917
At the beginning of the 20th century, plastic surgery was far from perfect, but it had an alternative: masks replacing lost parts of the face. One of the experts in making such masks was the sculptor Anna Coleman Ladd. Of course, this method couldn’t make the face as it was before, but many people who suffered went on to have relationships and stopped thinking of suicide.
This was on the face of the German scientist,Maru in the movie Wonder woman 2017
Re: 17 historical Pictures Everyone Should See by Greatzeus(m): 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2017
xarm:
11. Sophia Loren and Jayne Mansfield, 1957
This is how Sophia Loren herself described this situation: "Paramount had organized a party for me. All of cinema was there. And then in comes Jayne Mansfield, the last one to come. She knew everyone was watching. Where are my eyes? I’m staring at her nipples because I am afraid they are about to come onto my plate."
This picture is too clean for 1957,even uncle Tom,beetles and Kirk pictures who are far later are not this good.And the dress doesn't like 1957.
I appreciate you ,but this is the only one I have reservation about.

2 Likes

Re: 17 historical Pictures Everyone Should See by mrbillz(m): 10:48pm On Sep 05, 2017
Have got same views as yours
Greatzeus:

This picture is too clean for 1957,even uncle Tom,beetles and Kirk pictures who are far later are not this good.And the dress doesn't like 1957.
Re: 17 historical Pictures Everyone Should See by Harvard13(m): 10:53pm On Sep 05, 2017
Noice
Re: 17 historical Pictures Everyone Should See by MrDoGood(m): 12:58am On Sep 06, 2017
Nice

Front page material
Re: 17 historical Pictures Everyone Should See by Chiidi(m): 2:15am On Sep 06, 2017
http://vibegoals..com/ BOOKMARK THIS BLOG, you wont regret it
Re: 17 historical Pictures Everyone Should See by Mujtahida: 7:18am On Sep 06, 2017
Tank Man (also known as the Unknown Protester or Unknown Rebel) is the nickname of an unidentified man who stood in front of a column of tanks on June 5, 1989, the morning after the Chinese military had suppressed the
Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 by force. As the lead tank maneuvered to pass by the man, he repeatedly shifted his position in order to obstruct the tank's attempted path around him. The incident was filmed and seen worldwide. There were only a few sources who caught the incident on tape.
More than 28 years after the incident, there is no reliable information about the identity or fate of the man; the story of what happened to the tank crew is also unknown

Re: 17 historical Pictures Everyone Should See by jaymezzz(m): 11:39am On Sep 06, 2017
Greatzeus:

its Actually 1957..Although Coloured Pictures were'nt realy That Common then But they had been in existence as Far back as The 19th Century
Re: 17 historical Pictures Everyone Should See by Neymar1095(m): 9:04pm On Sep 06, 2017
xarm:
10. American soldiers returning home, 1945
After the military action in Western Europe was finished, the dreadnought Queen Elizabeth safely delivered American soldiers to New York.
Who took this picture ha beg

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moremi Roof Blown Away / UNILAG 2012/2013 Cut-off-marks & Change-of-course-forms-overview / Admission Form Into School Of Nursing, Igando Lagos On Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.