Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,810 members, 7,820,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures (2695 Views)

I'm Setting Up All Guys For Jobs To Make Good Money Easily. / *make Money As A Football Fans Reselling Match Tickets* / What You Need To Know Before Setting Up A Garri Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by aycorporat(m): 10:26am On Sep 05, 2017
Owing to the current situation in the country where there are job losses and downsizing of various kinds, I had to look around to see what I can do to earn extra cash. Although, I earn a living as a regular employee, but to break free, other streams of income need to come in. So, I decided to approach a Mallam in my area who is in charge of a land there to seek permission on renting. We agreed on N20,000 per year. The good thing is that there are other football viewing centres in my area, but I had to come up with an idea different from how it is being done. I will be sharing the step by step procedure and I hope that it will encourage someone today to look around for opportunities to make wealth.
First is getting the land as i said earlier on after which I hired the services of manual labourers to clear the land for a token of N6,000
Next was to get the carpenter to measure the size needed. He measured a size of 30 feet by 20 feet. He explained that this will enable football fans to move around freely in the eventuality of jubilation when their favoured team finds the back of the net. We then proceeded to purchase woods to be used. 50 pieces of 2 by 3 planks at N380 each, 70 pieces of 2 by 4 planks at N450 each

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by aycorporat(m): 10:39am On Sep 05, 2017
We then set to work as we purchased a quarter bag of 3 inch nails at N1,700. The carpenter then went ahead to dig holes in order to erect the planks and to determine where rain water will pour through. He carved out a skeletal framework of the football centre.

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by aycorporat(m): 10:48am On Sep 05, 2017
Construction...

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by aycorporat(m): 10:51am On Sep 05, 2017
I then went to buy roofing sheets. So unfortunate that this same roofing sheet that was going into extinction already is now hot cake as it sold for N18,000 per bundle. Note that the larger the size of your construction, the larger the materials it will consume. I had to book for 5 bundles of Zinc which amounted to N90,000.

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by aycorporat(m): 10:52am On Sep 05, 2017
Work in progress...

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by Ajewealth123(m): 11:03am On Sep 05, 2017
aycorporat:
Owing to the current situation in the country where there are job losses and downsizing of various kinds, I had to look around to see what I can do to earn extra cash. Although, I earn a living as a regular employee, but to break free, other streams of income need to come in. So, I decided to approach a Mallam in my area who is in charge of a land there to seek permission on renting. We agreed on N20,000 per year. The good thing is that there are other football viewing centres in my area, but I had to come up with an idea different from how it is being done. I will be sharing the step by step procedure and I hope that it will encourage someone today to look around for opportunities to make wealth.
First is getting the land as i said earlier on after which I hired the services of manual labourers to clear the land for a token of N6,000
Next was to get the carpenter to measure the size needed. He measured a size of 30 feet by 20 feet. He explained that this will enable football fans to move around freely in the eventuality of jubilation when their favoured team finds the back of the net. We then proceeded to purchase woods to be used. 50 pieces of 2 by 3 planks at N380 each, 70 pieces of 2 by 4 planks at N450 each
you for don do everything finish come update with details now, which half baked interesting news come be this one naw

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by aycorporat(m): 11:05am On Sep 05, 2017
After the roofing, I moved on to cementing the floor. I called on some local boys who showed enthusiasm at first but was only interested in collecting money for Baba Ijebu and smoking hemp. I had to seek the services of these Benin Republic boys called "Egun". They quoted five bags of cement for me at N2,600 each and two land rovers of sharp sand at N7,000 each while I paid them N6,000 for their services.

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by aycorporat(m): 11:14am On Sep 05, 2017
I had to go to the DSTV office in my area to purchase two decoders for a start. I went for the one called ZAPA which costs N9,800. The reason was because I was advised that it is cheaper than the normal dual view and that later I can link up the two after the first free subscription has ended. I called in the electrician who purchased a bundle of Nigerian copper wire and 8 light bulbs with a security light. I had to tell him to take the connection from my house down to the centre since it wasn't far, in order to avoid purchasing another generator set for that purpose.
I headed straight to Alaba Rago to purchase tarpaulin for the coverings. If you are good and speak nice with the aboki guys, you can get 30ft by 11 ft of tarpaulin for as cheap as N12,000. It is cost effective as it has helped me to avoid buying much planks for covering. I got two of that.
I had to call on the carpenter, the engineer to install my DSTV as both men worked simultaneously.

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by aycorporat(m): 11:20am On Sep 05, 2017
In order to make my own centre unique, I decided to go for projectors. Sincerely, if you get a good projector with a nice slide to follow, it is cheaper and better than even a 42 inch TV set. I got a Sanyo projector for N35,000 with the slide of 72 by 72 for N22,000. I still hope to get two more before next month when the league will be at the hot stage. I also procured four set of fans (The one being hanged on the wall, can't remember the name now) at N4,000 each.

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by aycorporat(m): 11:26am On Sep 05, 2017
One thing I want us to know is that, it is a gradual process and not something to rush. Like me I decided to use wooden benches instead of plastic chairs. It is safer to use benches than plastic chairs because fans might get excited and smash chairs on themselves. Other things I intend adding is a pepper soup joint and popcorn for fans as these are also side attractions.
Let us take a step of faith and do something today and forget about the Government doing something for us, as we need to take the bulls by the horn.
I showed free matches for two weeks but collected the first match fee (N100) on the match between Nigeria and Cameroon which ended in a draw.

3 Likes

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by aycorporat(m): 11:32am On Sep 05, 2017
Ajewealth123:
you for don do everything finish come update with details now, which half baked interesting news come be this one naw
Aje oun ati oro(wealth) baba, I have done it.

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by jaychubi: 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2017
Nice one op

Hw do u intend to handle troublesome fans, fighting, smoking inside the venue, destruction of ur properties by excited fans, fan who occasionally won't wanna pay.

Selling drinks won't be a bad idea, though has its disadvantages

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by aycorporat(m): 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
jaychubi:
Nice one op

Hw do u intend to handle troublesome fans, fighting, smoking inside the venue, destruction of ur properties by excited fans, fan who occasionally won't wanna pay.

Selling drinks won't be a bad idea, though has its disadvantages
Thanks Jay. As per fans fighting, I think that will be handled by the guys I will employ to run the place as familiarity will breed contempt. Next thing is that I will be make my view centre to be known (As in registered) with the NPF in cases like this.
Selling of drinks is limited to can drinks only as bottled drinks will be out of it completely.

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by jaychubi: 1:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
aycorporat:

Thanks Jay. As per fans fighting, I think that will be handled by the guys I will employ to run the place as familiarity will breed contempt. Next thing is that I will be make my view centre to be known (As in registered) with the NPF in cases like this.
Selling of drinks is limited to can drinks only as bottled drinks will be out of it completely.

Get to kw d nearest police station in ur area n make friend with the DPO there, the services of his boys will come in handy b4 long BC viewing centers attracts all manner of ppl jst like beer palour. If u ve any soldier frnd better keep his friendship BC u might need him too. Security is paramount to ur success

Goodluck Bro

2 Likes

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by aycorporat(m): 1:30pm On Sep 05, 2017
jaychubi:

Get to kw d nearest police station in ur area n make friend with the DPO there, the services of his boys will come in handy b4 long BC viewing centers attracts all manner of ppl jst like beer palour. If u ve any soldier frnd better keep his friendship BC u might need him too. Security is paramount to ur success

Goodluck Bro
Thanks Jay. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by awillabo: 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
Nice one bro. Success all the way for you. Stay blessee
Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by aycorporat(m): 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2017
awillabo:
Nice one bro. Success all the way for you. Stay blessee
Amen. Thanks Brother
Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 05, 2017
Success bro... Make sure u show all Chelsea matches... Na we de pull crowd

3 Likes

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by aycorporat(m): 6:59pm On Sep 05, 2017
Xlpacks:
Success bro... Make sure u show all Chelsea matches... Na we de pull crowd
Na so my brother. Arsenal nko? grin
Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
aycorporat:

Na so my brother. Arsenal nko? grin
LOL.. Arsenal no fit pull 2% of Chelsea crowd

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by cooldudeng(m): 10:28pm On Sep 05, 2017
Just two observations

What's the heat like during the day considering you used just the zinc roof? Might be crazily hot during the dry season

Hope the DSTv sub is the one for Commercial? So you don't have the Dstv guys coming after you.

Lastly, what's the ROI and repayment period like? I know it's still a side hustle but it should be properly accounted for

Apologies if they sound idiotic. I've not been to a standard viewing centre before except for bars

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by aycorporat(m): 8:11am On Sep 06, 2017
cooldudeng:
Just two observations

What's the heat like during the day considering you used just the zinc roof? Might be crazily hot during the dry season

Hope the DSTv sub is the one for Commercial? So you don't have the Dstv guys coming after you.

Lastly, what's the ROI and repayment period like? I know it's still a side hustle but it should be properly accounted for

Apologies if they sound idiotic. I've not been to a standard viewing centre before except for bars
A nice observation from you my concerned brother. You don't sound idiotic at all as it is a word of advice. God bless you.
As per the heat, the cooling system to be used are fans and a split air conditioner. Another advantage is its closeness to the lagoon as we experience fresh breeze here.
Concerning the return on investment which is another nice information, I intend to set aside a certain percentage for expenses and savings
An employee will be there to handle that so that familiarity with customers and I do not set in. Besides the employee mustn't get carried away.
Thanks brother once again.

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by timibare(m): 11:46am On Feb 03, 2018
aycorporat:

A nice observation from you my concerned brother. You don't sound idiotic at all as it is a word of advice. God bless you.
As per the heat, the cooling system to be used are fans and a split air conditioner. Another advantage is its closeness to the lagoon as we experience fresh breeze here.
Concerning the return on investment which is another nice information, I intend to set aside a certain percentage for expenses and savings
An employee will be there to handle that so that familiarity with customers and I do not set in. Besides the employee mustn't get carried away.
Thanks brother once again.
hello, are u still running the viewing centre biz, I can help you maximise more profit.... kindly hit me up on WhatsApp 07033469430
Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by aycorporat(m): 4:36pm On Feb 07, 2018
timibare:
hello, are u still running the viewing centre biz, I can help you maximise more profit.... kindly hit me up on WhatsApp 07033469430
Thanks my brother. yeah, I am still running it. Can you hint me on the profit maximization here so others can benefit as well?

3 Likes

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by timibare(m): 6:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
aycorporat:

Thanks my brother. yeah, I am still running it. Can you hint me on the profit maximization here so others can benefit as well?
OK, check my signature......
Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by eyizza(m): 7:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience with people of like interest.
Pls if I may ask, are you still running the VC? as am interested in setting up one within my hood.
I was just searching for information on the net while I came across your elucidated thread on NL. Once again thanks, it has really help my medulla oblongata smiley
Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by DonX001: 7:48pm On Apr 26, 2021
aycorporat:
One thing I want us to know is that, it is a gradual process and not something to rush. Like me I decided to use wooden benches instead of plastic chairs. It is safer to use benches than plastic chairs because fans might get excited and smash chairs on themselves. Other things I intend adding is a pepper soup joint and popcorn for fans as these are also side attractions.
Let us take a step of faith and do something today and forget about the Government doing something for us, as we need to take the bulls by the horn.
I showed free matches for two weeks but collected the first match fee (N100) on the match between Nigeria and Cameroon which ended in a draw.

Hi Aycorporat, great job on taking a bold step and documenting your steps along the way.
Was an interesting read.

Any current update on this?
Is it still running, or was it swallowed up by the vicissitudes of running a business in Nigeria.

And have you been able to recoup your initial investments?
I've always been a bit skeptical about the profitability of running a viewing centre, I just think it's difficult to get the numbers to work out except in rare cases.

Cos I estimate you must have put in at least 400k to set this up from your posts.
And I'm wondering, if you're charging N100 per person, how many people will come to watch in a day, and how long it will take to recover your initial investment, ......since you probably won't show matches everyday but only on match days.

And especially as you'll still be paying staff and paying for maintenance and other running costs like NEPA and generator.
Plus other expenses like settling police or area people or any other potential taxers.
And still keeping an eye to ensure your employees don't steal from you which is very likely (wonder how you can even prevent this).

So it seems to me that it will be difficult to get the numbers to work out towards profitability.

What has been your experience in these 3 years+ of running the place?
If still running, is it profitable and how are you managing to keep it so given the above?
If closed down, what led to its closing down and what are your lessons from it?

Either way, I think there's a lot to be learnt from your experience.

Thanks.
Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by charixel: 1:25am On Apr 27, 2021
I don't think is viable like it use to cos can't remember when I go watch from viewing center instead I recharge and use android box
Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by aycorporat(m): 8:57am On Apr 27, 2021
DonX001:

Hi Aycorporat, great job on taking a bold step and documenting your steps along the way.
Was an interesting read.

Any current update on this?
Is it still running, or was it swallowed up by the vicissitudes of running a business in Nigeria.

And have you been able to recoup your initial investments?
I've always been a bit skeptical about the profitability of running a viewing centre, I just think it's difficult to get the numbers to work out except in rare cases.

Cos I estimate you must have put in at least 400k to set this up from your posts.
And I'm wondering, if you're charging N100 per person, how many people will come to watch in a day, and how long it will take to recover your initial investment, ......since you probably won't show matches everyday but only on match days.

And especially as you'll still be paying staff and paying for maintenance and other running costs like NEPA and generator.
Plus other expenses like settling police or area people or any other potential taxers.
And still keeping an eye to ensure your employees don't steal from you which is very likely (wonder how you can even prevent this).

So it seems to me that it will be difficult to get the numbers to work out towards profitability.

What has been your experience in these 3 years+ of running the place?
If still running, is it profitable and how are you managing to keep it so given the above?
If closed down, what led to its closing down and what are your lessons from it?

Either way, I think there's a lot to be learnt from your experience.

Thanks.
God bless you my dear brother Don.
Well actually it is still running but I passed through a lot of challenges starting from NEPA down to subscription also to landlord issuing a notice that I should relocate from his land etc. I spent roughly 600k to put up structures alone not to talk of other things involved.
However, I decided to up my game a bit as 100 naira matches was no longer feasible for profitability.

I decided to add sport bet and also PlayStation games. After that I called in one guy to be selling fish pepper soup which then increased the popularity and patronage. My brother, my eye see shege.

In all we thank God as consistency is the key.

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Football View Centre In Pictures by DonX001: 5:24am On Apr 29, 2021
aycorporat:

God bless you my dear brother Don.
Well actually it is still running but I passed through a lot of challenges starting from NEPA down to subscription also to landlord issuing a notice that I should relocate from his land etc. I spent roughly 600k to put up structures alone not to talk of other things involved.
However, I decided to up my game a bit as 100 naira matches was no longer feasible for profitability.

I decided to add sport bet and also PlayStation games. After that I called in one guy to be selling fish pepper soup which then increased the popularity and patronage. My brother, my eye see shege.

In all we thank God as consistency is the key.

Wow! Congrats for keeping it running this long, that's no mean feat.

I can imagine all the challenges you've been through, e no easy o!

Great you were able to diversify to include other things, that's good thinking.

Well done and wish you all the best as you proceed.

(1) (Reply)

How To Convert Your Itunes Gift Card To Naira. / How Was Your Experience With Loan Apps / New Mmm Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.