Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Enough Of All The Drama, Let Biafra Go - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enough Of All The Drama, Let Biafra Go (867 Views)

Why Nigeria Will Never Let BIAFRA Go. / Prevail On FG To Let Biafra Go, Ex-N-delta Agitators Beg UN, Int’l Community / “you Are On Your Own If You Provoke War In Nigeria, Let Biafra Go” -arab League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enough Of All The Drama, Let Biafra Go by silas24(m): 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2017
Most if not all Nigerians know the details of the civil war and its impacts on the country and its ethnic groups. I personally have read several accounts of the war, from Alabi Isama's The Tragedy of Victory to Chinua Achebe's there was a country. The one thing they all agree on is that the war did more harm than good and even Ojukwu confessed that the war should not have been started in the first place. Millions of lives were lost and it took a lot for the Igbos to find themselves again. Naturally both sides committed several atrocities during the war, the Igbos often killed Nigerian soldiers who surrendered and the Nigerian generals were accused of genocide. However the case may be the war was bitter for everyone involved. This is why it pains me when Igbos who really don't know what war is agitating for war and Independence.
Nigeria is a blessed country, that is cursed with bad leaders and citizens with very poor mindsets. These bad leaders are not limited to one region, they are everywhere in the country. The three major ethnic groups as we all know are highly tribalistic (yet we complain about racism) and fight primarily for their own interests. They all mingle with their own interacting with others only for their self interests.
The Igbos are the most business savvy ethnic group in the country. I like to compare them with Germany who rose from the ashes of World War Two to become an industrial powerhouse. They rose from desolation after the civil war to become some of the richest self made people in the country. How did they achieve this? Simple, by taking advantage of their talents and the lack of such in other people in the country. There's no part of Nigeria that is habitable and safe that an Igbo man will not be found.
But there is such a thing as overdoing it. They want everything to go their way and see everyone else as tribalistic when they are the chief perpetrators. You claim to be victimized but everything that has happened is as a result of their own actions. Igbos pride themselves as developers, believing that the country would be in the Stone Age without them. This thought process coupled with their selfishness has lead them to believe that they are being victimized. Most of the agitators for independence are home based people who have nothing to lose but will actually have an edge over other Igbos returning home after independence. Tye Igbo leaders are among the most divided in the country, never really coming together and sacrificing for the greater good of Ndigbo, instead they all strive for their own interests making it easier for their rivals to divide and conquer. Selfishness and ignorance is the problem of the igbos, a leader promised a land flowing with milk and honey and they all want to cash in without thinking ahead. The truth is Nigerians will always look for opportunities to discriminate, an Ebonyi man will not allow an Anambra man rule as president even though they are all Igbos because they are all inherently selfish.
A time will come when people will unite and fight for the greater good but I strongly believe that the Biafra offered by Nnamdi Kanu is a Mirage, a promise that takes advantage of the inherent selfishness of the Igbos, no one is discussing the sacrifices they will have to make. If they were they would have realized that what we need is reorientation not referendum.
Here's my advice to all, let us stop trying to convince them that Biafra is not the answer. Let them go and see for themselves. Metamorphosis is not a pleasant process but the end result is perfection.....so whenever they play the victim and clamor for the rising sun, encourage them because that is the only way to get them to see the light....
Re: Enough Of All The Drama, Let Biafra Go by Eastfield1: 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
calm down. they are flexing their last power

1 Like

Re: Enough Of All The Drama, Let Biafra Go by greatmarshall(m): 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
Re: Enough Of All The Drama, Let Biafra Go by greatermax77(m): 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2017
Whats this nonentity spewing?
It seems ur head is filled with virus infested memory card & not brain
Come back tomorrow with another topic on Baifra.
The sun must rise

1 Like

Re: Enough Of All The Drama, Let Biafra Go by saintikechi(m): 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
Biafra shall be free

1 Like

Re: Enough Of All The Drama, Let Biafra Go by silas24(m): 6:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
greatermax77:
Whats this nonentity spewing?
It seems ur head is filled with virus infested memory card & not brain
Come back tomorrow with another topic on Baifra.
The sun must rise

Dude did you see any line where I argued against your setting sun.... I'm actually trying to get people to let you go. The sooner the better for all. Pathetic chest beaters.
Re: Enough Of All The Drama, Let Biafra Go by greatermax77(m): 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2017
silas24:

Dude did you see any line where I argued against your setting sun.... I'm actually trying to get people to let you go. The sooner the better for all. Pathetic chest beaters.

U lack common sense
Re: Enough Of All The Drama, Let Biafra Go by ripbubu: 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
silas24:
Most if not all Nigerians know the details of the civil war and its impacts on the country and its ethnic groups. I personally have read several accounts of the war, from Alabi Isama's The Tragedy of Victory to Chinua Achebe's there was a country. The one thing they all agree on is that the war did more harm than good and even Ojukwu confessed that the war should not have been started in the first place. Millions of lives were lost and it took a lot for the Igbos to find themselves again. Naturally both sides committed several atrocities during the war, the Igbos often killed Nigerian soldiers who surrendered and the Nigerian generals were accused of genocide. However the case may be the war was bitter for everyone involved. This is why it pains me when Igbos who really don't know what war is agitating for war and Independence.
Nigeria is a blessed country, that is cursed with bad leaders and citizens with very poor mindsets. These bad leaders are not limited to one region, they are everywhere in the country. The three major ethnic groups as we all know are highly tribalistic (yet we complain about racism) and fight primarily for their own interests. They all mingle with their own interacting with others only for their self interests.
The Igbos are the most business savvy ethnic group in the country. I like to compare them with Germany who rose from the ashes of World War Two to become an industrial powerhouse. They rose from desolation after the civil war to become some of the richest self made people in the country. How did they achieve this? Simple, by taking advantage of their talents and the lack of such in other people in the country. There's no part of Nigeria that is habitable and safe that an Igbo man will not be found.
But there is such a thing as overdoing it. They want everything to go their way and see everyone else as tribalistic when they are the chief perpetrators. You claim to be victimized but everything that has happened is as a result of their own actions. Igbos pride themselves as developers, believing that the country would be in the Stone Age without them. This thought process coupled with their selfishness has lead them to believe that they are being victimized. Most of the agitators for independence are home based people who have nothing to lose but will actually have an edge over other Igbos returning home after independence. Tye Igbo leaders are among the most divided in the country, never really coming together and sacrificing for the greater good of Ndigbo, instead they all strive for their own interests making it easier for their rivals to divide and conquer. Selfishness and ignorance is the problem of the igbos, a leader promised a land flowing with milk and honey and they all want to cash in without thinking ahead. The truth is Nigerians will always look for opportunities to discriminate, an Ebonyi man will not allow an Anambra man rule as president even though they are all Igbos because they are all inherently selfish.
A time will come when people will unite and fight for the greater good but I strongly believe that the Biafra offered by Nnamdi Kanu is a Mirage, a promise that takes advantage of the inherent selfishness of the Igbos, no one is discussing the sacrifices they will have to make. If they were they would have realized that what we need is reorientation not referendum.
Here's my advice to all, let us stop trying to convince them that Biafra is not the answer. Let them go and see for themselves. Metamorphosis is not a pleasant process but the end result is perfection.....so whenever they play the victim and clamor for the rising sun, encourage them because that is the only way to get them to see the light....
rubbish

(1) (Reply)

Editorial: How LPG Can Solve The Fulani Herdsmen Crisis In Nigeria / Buhari: APC Reveal Those Who ‘pressurized’ President To Contest 2019 Election / Tony Nwoye's Facebook Profile Cover Still Having GEJ, PDP Logo On It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.