Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,239 members, 7,839,261 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Website Designers In The House , Help Me Check Out My Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Designers In The House , Help Me Check Out My Website (624 Views)

I Need A Website For My Business, Website Designers Drop Your Contacts / Amateur/up Coming Website designers opportunity To Exchange Ideas And Learn More / All Web Designers In Nigeria Are Amateurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Designers In The House , Help Me Check Out My Website by clementcro(m): 11:43am On Feb 24, 2010
Hello everybody ,my name is Clement ,a professional website designer, i just launched a new personal portfolio ,can you please check it and tell me what you think about it .
http://www.clementcrownrise.name

Thanks
Re: Website Designers In The House , Help Me Check Out My Website by quadrillio(m): 1:26pm On Feb 24, 2010
nice concept, good color blend,

but Why one page?

I just feel it will more appealing if you ve split it in pages.

nice work though.

I miss yawatide on issues like this.
Re: Website Designers In The House , Help Me Check Out My Website by essiennat: 10:25am On Feb 25, 2010
Can someone, show me how to create a business website that is so attractive
for businessmen, student and political class.
Re: Website Designers In The House , Help Me Check Out My Website by Horus(m): 11:57pm On Feb 25, 2010
clementcro:

Hello everybody ,my name is Clement ,a professional website designer, i just launched a new personal portfolio ,can you please check it and tell me what you think about it .
http://www.clementcrownrise.name

Thanks

Your concept is original but is the work on your personal portfolio complete?. The links toward the others websites in the section My Works are not clickabale. It is an omission or that is the way you want it?
Re: Website Designers In The House , Help Me Check Out My Website by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 26, 2010
@Quadrillio. Nice review
@poster. I never see site like this before oh, no naviggation/menu link. na same page ever shit dey. Men this is nice concept sha.

But when javascript is gone, the site lovely swap to the areas are lost!!! na just hmmm,

No back end validation of contact page rather area!!!

Over all, impressive show down of expertize!!!
Re: Website Designers In The House , Help Me Check Out My Website by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 26, 2010
that site can still be done with d-h-t-m-l without javascript or with minimal javascript. I am a javascript/ajax expert, but even so, i hardly use so much javascript these dayz. After designing a javascript driven site, i will first test it without javascript, and if it is not that bad, i leave it alone.
And yes, like donpuzzo said, the key areas need to be accessible without javascript, and also, the consistency of the site should not change without
javascript.
If you check out my 2 personal sites - mwebng.net and .com, you will notice that they are not javascript dependent.
Then the loading of the page, i can see you have used really lovely graphics - which is highly commendable. But i hope they are all in appropriate sizes to reduce loading time, and i assume they are progressive images?
Re: Website Designers In The House , Help Me Check Out My Website by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 26, 2010
Now, i just noticed another glitch, along the area of javascript. The home page utilitized about 4 javascripts.
You have 2 jQuery on your home page:
/js/jquery.jsĀ  (1.2.6)
/js/jquery.min.js (1.3)
I dont understand why, but i will assume you are not so good with javascript and just followed some instructions
to install some of those widgets. Anyway, i will leave it to you to sort out, this is a review and not a tutorial of jQuery!

I decided to investigate it a bit, and the problem was in your installation of the easy slider, towards the bottom of your page
there is:
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/easySlider1.5.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function(){
$("#slider"wink.easySlider({
auto: true,
continuous: true
});
});
</script>
Try removing that:
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.js"></script>
And see if the whole stuff will still work: i believe it should.
Re: Website Designers In The House , Help Me Check Out My Website by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 26, 2010
I have looked at the site thoroughly, and it is nice. What i think should be done is to do a backward compatibility as in, an alternative means of loading once javascript is not available. @poster, if you are interested in that, i can work it out with you - just contact me via my profile/sites, and you wont need to pay - it is actually simpler than you may think - but i will rather not post that on this board (for personal reasons) besides it is off-topic
Re: Website Designers In The House , Help Me Check Out My Website by StanIyke(m): 5:51am On Feb 27, 2010
Nyc Work Bro, I lyk tha concept, It's really out of the box, Kip Kick it up, Enjoy Man!
Re: Website Designers In The House , Help Me Check Out My Website by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 01, 2010
I like your word dhtml. But isn't javascript part of dhtml.?

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed / I Won Big On Major Moolah Online Progressive Yahooo / Thread For Drupal Programmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.