Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB (1456 Views)

Nwodo: We Will Join Kanu To Fight For Biafra If SE Doesnt Get Presidency In 2023 / Busty Slay Queen Supporter Of Wike That Got People Talking- Photo / Southern Kaduna Will Join Biafra If Nigeria Breaks Up – John Danfulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by Bede2u(m): 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2017
I have been a member of this forum since 2010. I have also been very strong in the political section.
In 2011 I supported GEj for president and he won. But my expectations of him were not eventually met. He suspended the dredging of the River Niger and stopped work along Enugu-Onitcha express way. He only empowered south east politicians. His promise of Enugu international airport was started but not delivered and 2nd Niger bridge was never awarded.
In 2015 I supported Buhari and his government has so far been a disaster to my people. Buhari has practically declared war on the good people of South East.
In 2016 I started supporting Nnamdi Kanu's IPOB. To me it became a simbol of progress for my Igbo people who have become sidelined since the unfortunate civil war of the 60s.

However, this article is about what I will do if I ever find myself in Aso Rock today. I won't give the Biafrans (which I am a part of) independence!

I will do the following;

1. Recognise the six geopolitical zones as federating units and order INEC to conduct elections to elect their governors. I will name the SE zone as Biafra state, SW as Odu'a state, SS as Niger Delta state, NC as Middle Belt state, NW as Arewa state, NE as Kanuri state.

2. The current 36 states will become metropolitan areas and the current 36 governors will become Mayors. I will scrap entirely the current 774 LGA arrangment. The current LGA chairmen will go to the new six state assemblies as legislators. The councilors will be dissmissed.

3. I will return Ilorin and Kabba to Odu'a state. Asaba, and other Igboid part of SS will be conceeded to Biafra (to quell unnessesary agitation). Ijaw part of Ondo will return to Niger Delta state. The fulani part of Kwara and Niger goes to Arewa state. The Christian part of Taraba goes to Middle Belt state.

4. The oil belongs to us all! Therefore the current sharing formula will continue. The 36 Metros will still get what they are currently getting, while the new six states will now get what the LGA where getting before. So a state will get only the amount that would have accrued to the LGA it had before.

5. Some NPF police officers will be transfered to state service as state police. Same will be with some prison wardens. Many of items on exclusive list (such as energy and power generation) will be moved to concurrent list to allow states participate. Only defence, foreign affairs and currency operations will be exclusive. Because of this, the oil revenue share retained by the FG will decrease to give more to the 6 states and 36 metros.

6. I will increase the number of senator to 115. The extra 6 will be one first class king from each of the 6 states. Such as the sultan, ooni, obi, oba o benin etc. The new 6 states will have houses of chiefs to be made up of the remaining top monarchs in the zone. Any monarch not included will be considered irrelevant and derobed.

By this, agitations will reduce grossly to give government at each level chance to do its job. Also the unaccounted waste by the current 774 LGAs will stop. The FG by this arrangement sheds power, but not enough to make it irrelevant. By this also Biafra would have been given to my people, Niger Delta would have been given to SS and Odu'a would have been given to SW.
Believe me, we are stronger and more prosperous together. If I have my way, I would unite the 15 nations of ECOWAS into one Federal Republic.

Shallom

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by attackgat: 5:01pm On Sep 05, 2017
Bede2u:
I have been a member of this forum since 2010. I have also been very strong in the political section.
In 2011 I supported GEj for president and he won. But my expectations of him were not eventually met. He suspended the dredging of the River Niger and stopped work along Enugu-Onitcha express way. He only empowered south east politicians. His promise of Enugu international airport was started but not delivered and 2nd Niger bridge was never awarded.
In 2015 I supported Buhari and his government has so far been a disaster to my people. Buhari has practically declared war on the good people of South East.
In 2016 I started supporting Nnamdi Kanu's IPOB. To me it became a simbol of progress for my Igbo people who have become sidelined since the unfortunate civil war of the 60s.

However, this article is about what I will do if I ever find myself in Aso Rock today. I won't give the Biafrans (which I am a part of) independence!

I will do the following;

1. Recognise the six geopolitical zones as federating units and order INEC to conduct elections to elect their governors. I will name the SE zone as Biafra state, SW as Odu'a state, SS as Niger Delta state, NC as Middle Belt state, NW as Arewa state, NE as Kanuri state.

2. The current 36 states will become metropolitan areas and the current 36 governors will become Mayors. I will scrap entirely the current 774 LGA arrangment. The current LGA chairmen will go to the new six state assemblies as legislators. The councilors will be dissmissed.

3. I will return Ilorin and Kabba to Odu'a state. Asaba, and other Igboid part of SS will be conceeded to Biafra (to quell unnessesary agitation). Ijaw part of Ondo will return to Niger Delta state. The fulani part of Kwara and Niger goes to Arewa state. The Christian part of Taraba goes to Middle Belt state.

4. The oil belongs to us all! Therefore the current sharing formula will continue. The 36 Metros will still get what they are currently getting, while the new six states will now get what the LGA where getting before. So a state will get only the amount that would have accrued to the LGA it had before.

5. Some NPF police officers will be transfered to state service as state police. Same will be with some prison wardens. Many of items on exclusive list (such as energy and power generation) will be moved to concurrent list to allow states participate. Only defence, foreign affairs and currency operations will be exclusive. Because of this, the oil revenue share retained by the FG will decrease to give more to the 6 states and 36 metros.

6. I will increase the number of senator to 115. The extra 6 will be one first class king from each of the 6 states. Such as the sultan, ooni, obi, oba o benin etc. The new 6 states will have houses of chiefs to be made up of the remaining top monarchs in the zone. Any monarch not included will be considered irrelevant and derobed.

By this, agitations will reduce grossly to give government at each level chance to do its job. Also the unaccounted waste by the current 774 LGAs will stop. The FG by this arrangement sheds power, but not enough to make it irrelevant. By this also Biafra would have been given to my people, Niger Delta would have been given to SS and Odu'a would have been given to SW.
Believe me, we are stronger and more prosperous together. If I have my way, I would unite the 15 nations of ECOWAS into one Federal Republic.

Shallom

I dont think you realise that the constitution of Nigeria prevents whoever is the president of Nigeria from implementing any of these 6 points you wrote.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by saintikechi(m): 5:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
Biafra shall be free

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by geo4c: 5:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
IGBO'S can accept this.. but i don't think the house/fulani and the yorubas will accept

niways it's still an empty dream though
Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by Bede2u(m): 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2017
attackgat:

I dont think you realise that the constitution of Nigeria prevents whoever is the president of Nigeria from implementing any of these 6 points you wrote.
yes but when a president pushes for it with his party behind him, he can achieve it
Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by Bede2u(m): 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2017
geo4c:
IGBO'S can accept this.. but i don't think the house/fulani and the yorubas will accept

I know Igbos, Middle beltans and yorubas will accept it. The pple am worried about is SS, NW and NE
Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by chinoxstock: 5:19pm On Sep 05, 2017
Bede2u:
yes but when a president pushes for it with his party behind him, he can achieve it

Lol
Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by attackgat: 5:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
Bede2u:

Not really, besides point 4, the North are not likely to like the rest which means they will vote against it in the national assembly
Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2017
Bede2u:

I will do the following;

Shallom
Rumors are bad for the health

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by cumbak60: 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2017
You people don't even know that the enemies of Biafra is not Arewa, nor Oduas, but the so called tribes in the S'South. They are grossly against the unity of Igbos. Go to their Facebook Page and see the way they attack Igbos and create division on Igbos with their spurious claims of no Igbo in S'South.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by Built2last: 5:30pm On Sep 05, 2017
okay
Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by Bede2u(m): 5:47pm On Sep 05, 2017
cumbak60:
You people don't even know that the enemies of Biafra is not Arewa, nor Oduas, but the so called tribes in the S'South. They are grossly against the unity of Igbos. Go to their Facebook Page and see the way they attack Igbos and create division on Igbos with their spurious claims of no Igbo in S'South.
thats part of the reason why i dont want to be in a country with them only. Besides their desposition shows that they wont assist us in actualising Biafra wen words needs to turn to action. For fairness, we need igbo territory in SS to be given back to us. And yoruba territory should be given back to them. Ijaw territory in SW should also be returned. Nigeria needs to be re-founded, restructured and rebranded. Thats how we can gv all ethnic nationality a sense of belonging in d nigerian project. Not by force. I agree however that the oil belongs to us all not just the SS. It was Nigerias money that was used to explore to discover the oil for 20yr starting in 1935. Not SS money. The north sea oil does not belong to scotland alone. It also belongs to norway, sweden and denmark. So even if nigeria should divide, the oil and gas will still be shared by all former members. Just like sudan and south sudan still shares oil revenue
Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by kalufelix(m): 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
cumbak60:
So Many Of Them Cant See Beyond Oyel
Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by rosebowl01(m): 8:35pm On Sep 05, 2017
geo4c:

Really? Yorubas have been asking strictly and consistently for restructuring for ages. Why will not accept such a good but imperfect rearrangement?
Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by lightblazingnow(m): 8:55pm On Sep 05, 2017
Splendid
Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 05, 2017
Bede2u:

I will do the following;

Shallom
The problem with you is that you are ignorant as to the workings of the Nigerian constitution. Most of what you say you will do requires a series of constitutional amendments as no president has the power to enact them by fiat. Also most of the diversity of this country is unknown to you
Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by Bede2u(m): 9:34pm On Sep 05, 2017
rosebowl01:

Really? Yorubas have been asking strictly and consistently for restructuring for ages. Why will not accept such a good but imperfect rearrangement?
You are correct. I knw yorubas will accept it. I also knw its imperfect. But i believe that the north would not accept the type of restructuring many southerners want. But at least they can accept this because they would keep getting the same amount of oil revenue; probably even more because as i stated above, the fg would need to reduce its own share of oil revenue by around 30 percent and share it among the six state since its responsibility will be reduced a bit (especially in areas of federal roads and civil servants salary )
Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by Bede2u(m): 10:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
GoroTango:
The problem with you is that you are ignorant as to the workings of the Nigerian constitution. Most of what you say you will do requires a series of constitutional amendments as no president has the power to enact them by fiat. Also most of the diversity of this country is unknown to you
believe u me i know. But u saw how easy it was for the north to get sharia. Did it require ''series of constitutional amendments''. You saw how easy it was for Niger delta states to get 13% derivation. You saw how easy it was for Obj to cede Bakassi. You saw how easy it was in 1964 for the mid western state to be created. Truth is the president of Nigeria and a few powerful politicians are actually the constitution. Their will becomes law. So if i want to achieve this, i knw pple whos support i will seek.
Also the diversity is known to me, but for the sake of conversation, point out were i erred in my knowledge of nigeria's diversity.
Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
Bede2u:

I will do the following;

Shallom
You made a lot of sense until point number 4. Even if you become president and do everything on that list so long as that point number 4 is implemented. You will face an agitation far worse than IPOB and nothing will actually change in Nigeria.
Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by Bede2u(m): 10:32pm On Sep 05, 2017
tensazangetsu20:

You made a lot of sense until point number 4. Even if you become president and do everything on that list so long as that point number 4 is implemented. You will face an agitation far worse than IPOB and nothing will actually change in Nigeria.
look beyond that point four. I knw why i made it. Its a concession we all must make in order to move beyond the current stagnation. Besides the federal government will reduce the amount of oil revenue it gets and the 6 states and 36 metro will have theirs increased. The truth is that agitation will reduce. I am not saying it will stop entirely. But it will reduce to almost zero
Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:34pm On Sep 05, 2017
Bede2u:
look beyond that point four. I knw why i made it. Its a concession we all must make in order to move beyond the current stagnation. Besides the federal government will reduce the amount of oil revenue it gets and the 6 states and 36 metro will have theirs increased. The truth is that agitation will reduce. I am not saying it will stop entirely. But it will reduce to almost zero
The best thing is for every region to manage their resources and pay tax to the federal government. This will kill the agitation.
Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by BlackMbakara1(m): 12:34am On Sep 06, 2017
You carry rope tie goat or you tie goat rope, all na the same thing...just new names like Biafra state, Niger Delta, Metro etc

You said the oil belongs to everyone, wetin come be the fight for now? Na still oil... grin

Take away the oil and see how united we would be as every state or region will be complementing each other as farming will be the main stay.
Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by obiech(m): 1:49am On Sep 06, 2017
Bede2u:

I will do the following;

Shallom

I was reading this shii until you said oil belongs too us all
Oil belongs too the Niger Delta.......
Leave them with their oil........every state should go and work for her own food......if not you won't stop any agitation.
We must practice true federalism or nothing(I don't even know what to call this you system of government sef)

And mind you I'm Igbo before you start calling me whatever they call Niger Delta people here

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by 9jabull: 3:05am On Sep 06, 2017
Bede2u:

I will do the following;

Shallom

Trash from the pit of hell.
You can't force me to join you with out referendum of my people.
Majority opinion of my people stands & that is referendum, if you don't like it then go to fucking hell.

#On Biafra no going back
#All hail Biafra
Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by omaar12(m): 3:41am On Sep 06, 2017
Number 4 is the bone of contention to start with, the Nigerian state has benefited enough from the oil boom and its time for those community that produce this oil to benefit from it, you said it took Nigeria 20years with contributions from all unit of the Nigerian state, I believe the Niger delta region has paid back in full and more than double the interest.
If not the rest point is useless, because every region will still be depending on the oil, what we should be pushing for is regional autonomy.
Re: Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB by Amaso99(m): 3:59am On Sep 06, 2017
obiech:

I was reading this shii until you said oil belongs too us all
Oil belongs too the Niger Delta.......
Leave them with their oil........every state should go and work for her own food......if not you won't stop any agitation.
We must practice true federalism or nothing(I don't even know what to call this you system of government sef)

And mind you I'm Igbo before you start calling me whatever they call Niger Delta people here
Bros thank you for this write up, you have saved me the stress of writing... OP 'the oil in the Niger Delta belongs to the people of the Niger Delta'

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Airforce Deploys Fighter Jets To South East / Who Should Be The Next President Of Nigeria? 1, 2, Or 3 / How Anambra Election Affected Enugu (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.