Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,455 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Nnamdi Kanu, Biafra And Ice Cream… - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nnamdi Kanu, Biafra And Ice Cream… (314 Views)

Biafra And Nigeria. / War Between Biafra And Nigeria In 1967 - 1970 / Igbo, Biafra And The Burden Of Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu, Biafra And Ice Cream… by Hi5(m): 6:48pm On Sep 05, 2017
Addiction is a dangerous pleasure. I had a guilty pleasure – Ice cream! It used to blow my brain. That was in my teen. How I got hooked to Vanilla remained a mystery till date. It was the only cocaine I knew.

Our soft love hit the rocks when I hit 40, years ago. The divorce was entirely mine. I found out that life is a double pill. Sweet and sour.

Man is in stages. Life is in phases. Completely out of my prime, Ice cream turned sweeter than sweet. Funny and fake on my adult lips.

Each time I watch Nnamdi Kanu on TV, I remember Ice cream – Sweet and soft. But sometimes he appears unreal! The self appointed head of Indigenous people of Biafra IPOB is my brother, but I cannot hazard a guess if he loves Ice cream. The other time at world Igbo congress, he demanded for guns and bullets.

He is fixated with separatism. He sees self determination as the panacea to tearful Igbo marginalization by an insensitive senseless Nigerian government. But the truth is that no revolution comes only with nice sounding speeches. War is the ultimate way.

Read the Greek wars. Ask Ghana’s Jerry Rawlings. Arab spring in the Middle East cost blood. Irish people got freedom from Britain after a terrible fight from 1919- 1921. Mandela with all his wonderful glory was not a dove. His words were the inflammable fuel that sparked revolts and reforms which dismantled monstrous Apartheid.

Can Nnamdi Kanu with his effeminate looks, bred in stress-free London face bloodshed? Born in the 70s after the civil war, can he recognize the sound of Ogbunigwe? Can he stand the shocking tremble of AK 47 rifle in his supple palms? Is he Nzeogwu, “Okwa Mgbor” – master of weapons? Or Ojukwu, the Odimegwu of all warriors who started Biafra but never consummated it? How old is Kanu? What does the young boy know about Biafran genocide which claimed my bright elder brother? Have we stopped mourning at home?...

Read the rest of this interesting article here: http://xclusive.ng/nnamdi-kanu-biafra-ice-cream/

Re: Nnamdi Kanu, Biafra And Ice Cream… by IPOBrep: 6:55pm On Sep 05, 2017
kids dont know what not to joke with.

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancies Trending In The Financial Sector This Week / Nigeria Economy: Buhari Gave Us Mandate To Target North -w/bank / The Safer Way Of Getting Firmer Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.