Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Frequently Asked Questions About Pneumonia - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Frequently Asked Questions About Pneumonia (619 Views)

Covid-19: Fmic Releases Frequently Asked Questions On Coronavirus / Pneumonia If Untreated Can Cause Serious Health Problems / Natural Remedies For Pneumonia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Frequently Asked Questions About Pneumonia by afonjaman: 7:37pm On Sep 05, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions About Pneumonia

The lungs are the paired organs of breathing, located in the rib cage.They expand during inspiration and collapse during expiration.Pneumonia is an infectious disease of the Lungs.Now lets examine and answer some common questions about PneumoniaWHAT DOES IT REALLY MEAN TO HAVE PNEUMONIA?

In simple terms, this when germs find their way into the lungs and gradually multiply while also engaging the body’s immune system.These germs invade the tissues of the lungs and gradually impair the ability of the lungs to exchange oxygen and carbondioxide like it normally does.

HOW IS PNEUMONIA CONTRACTED?

The germs are mostly contracted by inhaling air contaminated with those germs i.e air borne.In some cases it may be due direct contact with body fluids of infected individual, depending on the causative agent.

DOES COLD WATER CAUSE PNEUMONIA?

This is not true at all.Pneumonia is caused by germs not cold water.However cold water may worsen some of the symptoms such as cough.

HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE PNEUMONIA?

This diagnosis is made by pairing clinical complaints and some laboratory investigations.Some of the symptoms include

Cough lasting more than 3 days
Fever (hotness of the body)
Chest pain (this may be at the periphery of the chest)
Shortness of breathe
Malaise
Headache
These symptoms are entirely specific to pneumonia but when they occur together pneumonia is likely.

WHAT TEST DO I HAVE TO DO?

This depend on what your Doctor finds after doing a thorough physical examination on you.This may include a complete Blood count, chest x-ray, sputum culture among others

WHAT ARE THE CAUSES IF PNEUMONIA?

The causes are numerous ranging from bacterial to viral and sometimes even parasitic.Example of bacterial are Streptococus pneumoniae, Haemophilus Influenza; Viral are Influenza virus, Measles.

ARE THERE PREDISPOSING FACTORS?

https://afonjaman.com/2017/09/05/frequently-asked-questions-pneumonia/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Regret Bleaching My Skin – Popular Boxer, Bukom Banku Admits / HELP How Can I Erase This Scar On My Head ? / Endometriosis: Symptoms, Causes And Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.