Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB (1718 Views)

Court Orders Substituted Service Of Disqualification Suit On Ize-iyamu / Election Tribunal Orders Substituted Service On Governor Diri / Osun Election: Tribunal orders substituted service on INEC, Oyetola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by murphyibiam15(m): 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
Ndubuaku asked the court to issue an order restraining Kanu and all members of IPOB from interfering with the Nov. 18, 2017 Anambra polls.

The Federal High Court, Abuja, on Tuesday granted the request seeking to serve court processes on Nnamdi Kanu and the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) through substituted service.

The court however ordered that other respondents in the matter, namely: the Inspector-General of Police, the Commandant General, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps and the Attorney-General of the Federation be served personally.

Justice B.O. Quadri gave the order following an ex-parte application by Mr Richard Ndubuaku for an order of court for substituted service of all the processes of the court on the defendants by publishing them in two national newspapers.

Ndubuaku, who made the application through his counsel, Mr Smart Iheazor,also asked the court to make an order restraining the respondents, whether by themselves, members or agents from disrupting the forthcoming Anambra election.

He also asked the court to make an order restraining Kanu and all members of IPOB from interfering, intimidating and harassing all registered and eligible voters in the Nov. 18 Anambra election.

He further asked the court to prevent Kanu and IPOB from mobilising its members either by threat or undue influence to scuttle the election, pending the determination of the originating summons.

Iheazor told the court that his client premised his application on the grounds that Kanu and IPOB had severally made utterances and threats which were published in newspapers which they had not denied or retracted.

“From the antecedents of Kanu and the activities of IPOB, they are capable of carrying out their threat.

“Serving the processes of this suit on the them by publishing in two national newspapers will bring same to their knowledge as it will be dangerous and difficult to effect personal service on them.

“The applicant has several businesses and business interests and houses in Onitsha and Awka with over 100 staff that will be affected if the threats of Kanu and IPOB are carried out.”

Iheazor further explained that the applicant was almost 70 years old and may lose all his life investments in Awka and Onitsha and may not withstand the destruction of his life long struggle.

The judge only granted the order of substituted service on Kanu and IPOB, and refused all the other reliefs sought by the applicant and asked that all parties in the suit be put on notice.

In refusing to grant the other reliefs sought by Ndubuaku , the judge said that the Federal Government had the capacity to ensure that elections held in Anambra.

He adjourned the matter until Oct. 10 for hearing.

https://amp.pulse.ng/news/local/anambra-polls-court-orders-substituted-service-on-nnamdi-kanu-id7264828.html
Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by madridguy(m): 9:18pm On Sep 05, 2017
Ok
Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by BabaRamotu1988: 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
Buhari is a terrorist

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:25pm On Sep 05, 2017
Every day Nk the guy is a true Hero

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 05, 2017
BabaRamotu1988:
Buhari is a terrorist
Terrorizing your destiny or your life?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by murphyibiam15(m): 9:27pm On Sep 05, 2017
*nnamdi kanu* a 3rd class igbo wants to detect for 1st class igbos' grin grin
they're already calling for his head from within

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by Bibors(m): 9:28pm On Sep 05, 2017
Nigeria and KANU season 3
Grab your copy now.
Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by abouzaid: 9:38pm On Sep 05, 2017
ever since the ipob suit against buratai and co in the USA and the united nations call for the arrest of arewa youths for issuing an order for genocide, the federal government have resorted to meaningless propaganda and court cases, an election boycott is not a violent act therefore this court case is as good as meaningless. on November 18,we would do it again.God bless Biafra,the land of the rising sun.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by abouzaid: 9:47pm On Sep 05, 2017
and who else have noticed that am these anti ipob news on the front-page are all ft funny sounding unknown sources?
Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2017
The premise of the court case is false and should not have been entertained in the first place.

IPOB and Kanu did not say that there will be election,they said that they are not going to vote,it that too difficult for the government,their court,and paid media agents to understand.

The amount of intimidation,false and negative news,media black mail have increased.

But,umu Chineke nwe mmeri.

THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN MUST SET FORTH AT DAWN.

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by Homeboiy: 9:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
k
Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by 7inches: 9:56pm On Sep 05, 2017
Really
Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by Built2last: 11:17pm On Sep 05, 2017
Jokers

The lawyer lost his application when the judge struck out his list of applications to restrain IPOB.

Here is the punchline

The judge only granted the order of substituted service on Kanu and IPOB, and refused all the other reliefs sought by the applicant and asked that all parties in the suit be put on notice.

In refusing to grant the other reliefs sought by Ndubuaku , the judge said that the Federal Government had the capacity to ensure that elections held in Anambra.

Substituted method of court notice is a global practice. When courts can't reach an individual or groups they even publish on newspapers.

These guys are jokers

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by Built2last: 11:25pm On Sep 05, 2017
abouzaid:
and who else have noticed that am these anti ipob news on the front-page are all ft funny sounding unknown sources?

If you want to make front page. Create anti-ipob or Anti Biafra topics with kangaroo sources. The mods masturbate on it.
Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by eyescue(m): 12:11am On Sep 06, 2017
See threat by a single person. Ohamadike 1 to to a whole heartbeat of Africa. The zoo will know no peace until Biafra gets her freedom through civil referendum.

We know the plans of FG, the plan of shooting at sight and arresting any body that may pose to be IPOB come 18 Nov.
***smiles***

But as usual, how we did it in the past(30th May; sit at home) so shall it be come 18 Nov Anambra Election. We the Igobs, shall observe another "sit at home" and this time its going to be more heart breaking to Old Arewa F00ls that call them selves youth and the afonja. And for the army and their squads as well as all the forces the FG may think of will only end up standing like "zombies" as Fela once prophesied from morning till night without seeing any IPOB to arrest let alone shoot.

They(Government) will surely as corrupt as they are count probably the vote of 10% gullible (pre-bought persons) that would cast their votes that day, but the signal is passed beyond the shores of Nigeria as over 85% of the masses showed their dissatisfaction by not voting.

In conclusion, boycotting of Anambra election is nothing but season 2 of 30th may sit at home.

Theses mods, you can go ahead and delete this post again

Long live Biafra

Long live Nnamdi KANU

God Bless Bifra Land

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 06, 2017
with what is happening (the fear and possible crises that's expected to take place during the election) , I don't think any sane person would move out of His Home to queue on a long line waiting to cast his or her vote..

I'll definitely leave US for Nigeria before Nov 18 just to make sure I witness it myself.

BIAFRA must come

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by Truthbtold1: 12:38am On Sep 06, 2017
Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 06, 2017
IPOB supporters wont take a minute to understand what this means.

The just be like grin grin grin

Boy, do they love the attention.
Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by braine(m): 12:52am On Sep 06, 2017
BabaRamotu1988:
Buhari is a terrorist

I'm sure he's better than your father who isn't.
Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by eyescue(m): 6:52am On Sep 06, 2017
I wonder why this hasn't hit the front page.

Meanwhile, I wanted to comment on one Muslim massacre that claimed many lives somewhere around india here last night and I was surprised that nairaland asked if I were a musilim, and when I clicked"No" as my answer, I was moved out of that post.

So mods here are now protecting n supporting evil or what. #I_yam_not_understanding. See image of the screenshot after the cut.

Meanwhile the mods can still refuse to add up this post or better ban me

Re: Court Orders Substituted Service On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB by MEILYN(m): 8:54am On Sep 06, 2017
Pulse is a disgrace I think they should employ journalists with good educational backgrounds. See what a news site called news...

(1) (Reply)

APC Can’t Manage A Twitter Handle, They Want To Manage Nigeria -Reno Omokri / We Are Only Saraki’s Political Thugs Not His Robbers / Anambra Teenage Girls Win Global Tech Competition In Silicon Valley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.