Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,045 members, 7,838,637 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

I've Had Enough!! Please Share Your Thoughts! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I've Had Enough!! Please Share Your Thoughts! (362 Views)

Duoye Diri: I've Instructed My Lawyers To Appeal Tribunal Ruling / Dino Melaye: "Nigerians Have Been Printing Posters For Me, I've Not Done Any" / I've Joined Team Of Defense Lawyers In The Case Of Nnamdi Kanu - Emeka Ugwuonye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I've Had Enough!! Please Share Your Thoughts! by developnigeria: 10:03pm On Sep 05, 2017
As a young Nigerian that lives in the UK but travels frequently to Nigeria I have become increasingly frustrated with the imbalance of potential and success within Nigeria. A country so rich in natural resources, intelligence and character, plagued by the mismanagement and corruption of generation after generation of our leaders.

How much longer will it be before more militant groups band together to bring terror and fear to the nation. How many more working class people are going to allow the wealthy individuals to talk to them with no respect. Why because someone has more money than me must they be greeted as sir and ma. How can there be individuals with high levels of formal education only earning N50k per month, why must they be subjected to abuse and insults from individuals that have stolen billions of Naira but do not have a formal certificate of education to their name.

We can no longer remain idle in the hope that change will eventually come. We must begin our own journey no matter how small - whether it be a small road side vendor generating N100k profit per year that can be reinvested back in to local communities to spur some sort of development. I'm sure even at that rate change will come sooner than us sitting back and letting the billionaires monoplise and continue taking advantage of the cheap labour pool.

I apologise if i seem like i am ranting but every time i enter Nigeria my blood constantly boils. Some how liked minded people must begin to build their own educational institutions, industries, businesses etc. In the UK the Jewish people have their own community within a community - they buy from their own, study at their own schools, build their own hospitals, use their own banks - all without government intervention.

I just want to know if there is any people who are on the same page as me.

Please share your thoughts.
Re: I've Had Enough!! Please Share Your Thoughts! by Agadsman(m): 10:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hmmm
Re: I've Had Enough!! Please Share Your Thoughts! by heendrix(m): 10:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
developnigeria:
As a young Nigerian that lives in the UK but travels frequently to Nigeria I have become increasingly frustrated with the imbalance of potential and success within Nigeria. A country so rich in natural resources, intelligence and character, plagued by the mismanagement and corruption of generation after generation of our leaders.

How much longer will it be before more militant groups band together to bring terror and fear to the nation. How many more working class people are going to allow the wealthy individuals to talk to them with no respect. Why because someone has more money than me must they be greeted as sir and ma. How can there be individuals with high levels of formal education only earning N50k per month, why must they be subjected to abuse and insults from individuals that have stolen billions of Naira but do not have a formal certificate of education to their name.

We can no longer remain idle in the hope that change will eventually come. We must begin our own journey no matter how small - whether it be a small road side vendor generating N100k profit per year that can be reinvested back in to local communities to spur some sort of development. I'm sure even at that rate change will come sooner than us sitting back and letting the billionaires monoplise and continue taking advantage of the cheap labour pool.

I apologise if i seem like i am ranting but every time i enter Nigeria my blood constantly boils. Some how liked minded people must begin to build their own educational institutions, industries, businesses etc. In the UK the Jewish people have their own community within a community - they buy from their own, study at their own schools, build their own hospitals, use their own banks - all without government intervention.

I just want to know if there is any people who are on the same page as me.

Please share your thoughts.

hmmm all would be well
as they'd always say Nigeria would be better

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Exit From Recession Doesn’t Reflect In Reality - Makarfi, NLC / Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Deputy Emerges PDP Governorship Candidate / Army: No! We Not Withdrawal Our Soldiers From Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.