Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News (2686 Views)

Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters / Akwa Ibom Oil & Gas Free Zone Targets 7,000 Jobs, As Federal Gov't Approves It.. / Five States To Get ₦148 Billion Reimbursement For Repairing Federal Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by kn23h(m): 8:10am On Sep 06, 2017
raker300:
we can see how developed waste-land is
kn23h:

The Ibo man's debating skill is limited to insults and image sharing. Nothing of substance. That's why the Ibo region is still not developing today.
Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by raker300: 8:11am On Sep 06, 2017
kn23h:

Yesterday they woke up insulting every tribe. Today they wake up wondering why they're hated.

I wonder what tomorrow brings.

Anyway crying marginalization no be small thing. The group that would be crying are Ijaw. They actually generate revenue for Nigeria and their region brings in wealth, yet they're grossly marginalized. Up till today, I still don't know what the SE region brings to Nigeria.
no one is begging fg to tar roads in the.

All we're saying is not to lie about it!!!

You don't know what igbos contribute yet you and your tribes men are fighting to keep them in Nigeria?

You well so

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by kn23h(m): 8:14am On Sep 06, 2017
raker300:

You don't know what igbos contribute yet you and your tribes men are fighting to keep them in Nigeria?

You well so

At the bolder, you'll be very surprised when the bell rings. Yorubas are fighting to keep you in Nigeria, you say? When reality hits you Igbos, e go shock una.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 06, 2017
Hizzy:
how many roads have Alakija and otedola repaired for you guys or is Kanu the minister of road or did your government give Kanu an oil well like ur otedola and alakija
We con carry complain gif una.... Mtchew
Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by Stingman: 8:18am On Sep 06, 2017
OrestesDante:
grin

I just tire for this people

...but you are too scared to support them to leave you alone...why. It would have been an issue If they had wanted to take some of your territory, but no...

1 Like

Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 06, 2017
OrestesDante:

We con carry complain gif una.... Mtchew
because ur neuron doesn't respond to stimulus so u have no reasoning and u lack tissue in your brain

1 Like

Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 06, 2017
Hizzy:

because ur neuron doesn't respond to stimulus so u have no reasoning and u lack tissue in your brain

Thanks. I do

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5893895_img20170830171056018_jpegab7a36a59c4800f9c3fa30837b76ae89
Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 06, 2017
So much ethnic hatred on this forum. Nawa. God dey
Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by obailala(m): 9:18am On Sep 06, 2017
Stingman:

Are you for real...What have got to say about the SEDC bill fought by the representative that was turned down? Are you not ashamed that SE, a small land area could have this number of federal roads? You know withinh your heart that the federal government has a punitive policy on the people in the area. A good government, don't need represeentative to ensure that all parts of the country have good roads...

Can you check if Ghana, Togo, Benin, Cameroun have a particular region, which is have these kind of roads? I don't think so....but you wicked people will be the ones carrying IPOB matter on your head...
The victim mentality which has made many Igbos believe successive federal governments (including even GEJ) had/have a punitive policy against Igbos, that victim mentality and 'persecution complex' which has existed since 1970 is the reason why roads in the SE are still so bad. The victim mentality entails that we dont hold our own leaders responsible but just believe their lies that "other big tribes" are the ones shortchanging the SE.

Firstly, it is a norm all over the world for representatives of regions to clamour/lobby/bribe/blackmail/scheme for projects to be brought to their regions. You cant sit down and fold your arms and expect good things to come to you. In a nation with limited resources for development, it only makes common sense for representatives of different regions to fight/scheme/lobby/blackmail for these limited resources. A big question is, what have Igbo leaders/representatives been doing for decades?... Lending Igbo support to different regimes for free?... Just recently, some Yoruba groups have threatened to withdraw support from APC central govt if the Lagos Ibadan road isnt completed, this is despite the fact that the Yorubas are part of the APC govt. The question is, what deals did Igbo leaders strike with OBJ and even GEJ to give those 2 men unalloyed support?

Something tells me Igbo representatives go to Abuja only to line their personal pockets, and when they return home, they have a convenient story they've always told the people to absolve themselves of blame; they know the people already have the ''victim mentality", so they simply just say, "Yorubas and Hausas" hate and are marginalising us. The last time a MAJOR federal road was built in the SE, it was OBJ building the Owerri-Onitsha road, do you mean to tell me that even GEJ hated the SE so much as not to have fixed a single major road in the region?... Naaa, I dont believe that. GEJ was more of a 'share the money' guy and every money shared to the SE seemed to have ended only in pockets of dubious people.

Regarding the SEDC, there is nothing wrong or unusual in it being declined; the bill to give Lagos a special status was also roundly declined. When such happens, instead of running about wailing and whining about how the world hates us bla bla bla, the wise thing to do is to do your homework, go around the floor, make new friends and allies, make new deals, offer people tangible things in return for their support, scratch my back and I will scratch yours, support my bill and I will support yours; if possible, bribe people to support your bill. Meanwhile, on a day you plan to present such a bill to the house, the smart thing is to arrange for all your brothers and loyal friends (and your bribed allies) to be present on the floor; the day that SEDC bill was presented to the house, there were less than 15 Igbo representatives present out of the almost 50 reps from the region and of course, it was a voice vote which killed the bill. The question we need to ask is, are our Igbo leaders and reps doing waat they ought to be doing? .. Crying solves no problem.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by Flatties: 9:19am On Sep 06, 2017
raker300:
after drinking gutter water, you folks will come here to spill rubbish.

Is Kanu a political office holder?

Stop drinking gutter water

But when church members were killed in ozubulu,cownu said "this is why I told you not to vote, the fg cannot protect you only ipob can" ipob should therefore provide

The same people sponsoring ipork rallies can also donate towards fixing the roads, it has been done in other regions and currently being done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 06, 2017
southeast road eh...

but see as Afonjas carry matter like aboki suya.m

this people na real slave..

op minus good road..plus bad road..

biafra is the destination..
Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by wristbangle: 9:48am On Sep 06, 2017
raker300:
Fashola the criminal have been posting pictures of roads being done.

That criminal will bring contractors and few machines, take pictures and leave with them

Lol but we thought GEJ turned the east to paradise?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by Eastside046: 10:33am On Sep 06, 2017
raker300:
Mynd44, where are the roads you posted that fg is repairing in the east?

All of you spreading propaganda, leaving the masses to suffer...God will visit you one by one
My broda i support the Igbo Nation please your question is not Necessary

Badluck Jonathan deserves to be stoned to death
it shall not be well with him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by agadez007(m): 11:20am On Sep 06, 2017
So much for One Nigeria
Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by jasawa: 11:47am On Sep 06, 2017
Stingman:
The land mass of SE region is smaller than Niger state, yet this region has the worse federal roads in Nigeria since 1999.
Why have successive government not been able to repair these roads?
Isn't it obvious that the central government have a punitive policy agianst the people of the area?
Why would people be angry when the youths of the region agitate for separate nation to solve their issues?
People should not blame the leders and governors of the region as these are federal projects.
Would anybody blame IPOB for their agitations?
my friend I agree with you 100% but the same I asked myself is that why did the S/east keep voting PDP for 16 years with all this? and even now they are ready to kill because of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by GavelSlam: 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2017
modelmike7:
Hope the FG and the governors do something about this ASAP.
Na beg we dey beg o

Though it is your right to have your roads fixed I appreciate your candour and humility.

The roads definitely need attention.
Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by BlackMbakara1(m): 12:50pm On Sep 06, 2017
SE are their own undoing...no unity. Make i chop my own mentality.

Creating enemies here and there with unguarded statements and still expect something positive Bros even you no go gree wan help...

I pray this government can do something regarding the roads with "sha" o!
Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by Yyeske(m): 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2017
kn23h:

Tell us why GEJ didn't develop these roads?
I was about asking same question
Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by Yyeske(m): 1:18pm On Sep 06, 2017
Stingman:

If you tell us why Obasanjo and Yaradua didn't develop those roads for 10 years, then I might be able to tell you why athan didn't do those roads in 6 years...and why Buhari is finding it very hard to do in 2 years...
OBJ fixed the Onitsha -Owerri road and still remains the best in the SE, late Yar'adua tried dredging the River Niger, tell me just one road GEJ executed. He even stopped the dredging of the niger river.

1 Like

Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by Yyeske(m): 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2017
raker300:
mr. Man shut up and stop talking like an egg head.

GEJ tarred many roads in east. The only motorable fg roads where done under him (excluding enugu-onitsha express)

Buhari is not tarring anything is fine but he shouldn't lie that is he tarring roads abeg
Excuse me, did you just say that? Mention the road GEJ did
Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by Yyeske(m): 1:34pm On Sep 06, 2017
raker300:

You well so
Stop that! Nobody is holding you not to leave Nigeria. The north told you to leave earlier but you refused. Why not go get your Biafra. So tired of this "they are holding us back" syndrome
Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by EazyMoh(m): 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2017
Stingman:

If you beg from today till eternity, nothing will be done. People have been begging for decades and nothing has been done. Do you remember in 1999, when when members of Abia state house of assemble went on hunger strike because of these bad federal roads?
I don't know why the federal government are heartless. Why punishing people for the deeds of their parents? The civil war ended 50 years ago but as you can see, it has not really ended.

Are you wondering why Sanusi made the statement below? Things have even gone worse than in 1999, when he made the statement..

"There is a new Igbo man, who was not born in 1966 and neither knows nor cares about Nzeogwu and Ojukwu. There are Igbo men on the street who were never Biafrans. They were born Nigerians, are Nigerians, but suffer because of actions of earlier generations. They will soon decide that it is better to fight their own war, and may be find an honourable peace, than to remain in this contemptible state in perpetuity"

(Being Excerpts from A Paper Presented At The “National Conference On The 1999 Constitution” Jointly Organised By The Network For Justice And The Vision Trust Foundation, At The Arewa House, Kaduna From 11th –12th September, 1999)
Go and check the record of how much and how many times those roads were given contract to mostly politicians from the same region from 1999 till date. With SGF, SP and powerful ministers not to mention GEJ the adopted Igbo son. Or are you telling us that are all part of the Grand conspiracy at the federal level to marginalize the SE?
No region is getting what it deserves in terms of development, but claiming the only victim while not absolving your leaders who loot the funds for your projects.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 06, 2017
kn23h:

They will sit here and blame FG but if you ask them if their consistents and representatives have fought for federal road development in their region, they'll stay mum.

Ibos, take your leaders to task. Ibo leaders are the most useless and lazy leaders amongst the big tribe.

Igbos are worse hit by the negative aspects of our nascent democracy. The leaders in Yoruba and Hausa enclave reflect the core values of their people. This is not the case with the Igbo. The Igbo must first distance himself from his Igboness to be acceptable and not considered a security risk. Nigeria has already rejected the core Igbo values of hard work and fair play. This is a problem that reflects even in choosing leaders within the South East.
Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by Doghari: 1:56pm On Sep 06, 2017
kn23h:

[s]This is what I mean when I say you're not politically savvy.

Even in the US, you have political leaders from each state fighting for their people's development.

Jeez. You think things get done by whining?[/s]

We have come to understand that the term "political savvy' in the land of the muslim ewedugeriana actually means 'Political servitude". I guess that's why you have more IDP camps in Oshogbo than in all of SE/SS put together.
Political savry ko, political Mr biggs ni.
Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by omobabalawo: 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2017
OrestesDante:
Where is Kanu?

Why can't you call on your Kanu to come and help you repair your roads now?

You think you're the only ones that can fight. Federal government can fight too.

Look at them.... www.nairaland.com/attachments/5893920_img20170830163230862_jpeg2a9e7b363af9443c3f2a78fd1c9a510b

i would have loved to insult u. but the fact that you don't have sense is already enough burden for you.
Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 06, 2017
raker300:
after drinking gutter water, you folks will come here to spill rubbish.

Is Kanu a political office holder?

Stop drinking gutter water

No maybe the Igbos tax payers money and their revenue goes into KANUS account.....THIS PEOPLE DON'T THINK THEY JUST SAY ANYTHING THAT COMES UP THEIR MIND....MOST TIMES I FEEL SICK EXPLAINING TO THEM.....DON'T KNOW IF THEY DO THAT DELIBERATELY OR IS IT JUST THEIR MENTALITY
Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by Stingman: 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2017
EazyMoh:

Go and check the record of how much and how many times those roads were given contract to mostly politicians from the same region from 1999 till date. With SGF, SP and powerful ministers not to mention GEJ the adopted Igbo son. Or are you telling us that are all part of the Grand conspiracy at the federal level to marginalize the SE?
No region is getting what it deserves in terms of development, but claiming the only victim while not absolving your leaders who loot the funds for your projects.

It is a shame that you don't believe there is a grand design to punish the SE people because of the civil war. You think the Sanusi was foolish to make that statement?

“Sincerely speaking, the South-East has not had a fair-share since the civil war. Their marginalization is quite obvious. But if the policy of reconstruction, reintegration and reconciliation of Gen.Gowon and the late Gen. Murtala’s administrations had continued, the agitation by the few Igbo for Biafra state would have been a thing of the past. Balarebe Musa
Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2017
omobabalawo:

i would have loved to insult u. but the fact that you don't have sense is already enough burden for you.

grin grin
Re: Motorists Groan As Federal Roads Turn To Nightmares In Igboland- News by Stingman: 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2017
Yyeske:
OBJ fixed the Onitsha -Owerri road and still remains the best in the SE, late Yar'adua tried dredging the River Niger, tell me just one road GEJ executed. He even stopped the dredging of the niger river.

If Obsanjo did all that, why was he at logger heads with Oji Kalu the governor of Abia state? Why did the House of assembly members go on hunger strike...I think you were very young then...and don't know your left from your right!! wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers By-election Results That PDP Saw And Disrupted The Process / The Mortal Gods Of Biafra / APC NEC: Giadom, Shuaibu, Omo-agege Arrive State House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.