Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Aspiring Undergraduate Wears Suit As He Sells Fried Meat To Corps Members - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aspiring Undergraduate Wears Suit As He Sells Fried Meat To Corps Members (549 Views)

Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business / Fried Grasshopper: Katsina Residents Make Fortune Selling Tasty Insects / Namibia First African Country To Export Red Meat To Hungry US Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aspiring Undergraduate Wears Suit As He Sells Fried Meat To Corps Members by Badirukehinde(m): 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2017
CLEARANCE DRAMA: ASPIRING UNDERGRADUATE WEARS SUIT AS HE SELLS FRIED MEAT TO CORPS MEMBERS

It was not a day like other days for most corps members. Thursday 3rd August, been the last day of the clearance for most corps members for the month of August was a busy day with everyone almost joining one queue or the other where their respective banks fell into.

So many activities occupied the moment; platoon mates who had missed themselves could be seen hugging each other, some making photocopies, some arguing over who was in a queue and who was not. However, despite all of these, one person had taken the spotlight. This was Chukwuemeka. Every corps member looked in amazement at this young man who wore a suit with a well tucked in white starched shirt. His shoes were well polished that drops of water could fall on it yet it would splash away. One could literarily see oneself in it.

Emeka was dressed like this and was holding a white transparent bucket over his shoulder as supported by his right arm. In the bucket were grilled meats held together by toothpicks and well arranged in rows. Like most graduates would think, some had looked at the young man in disdain and for some in shock why he was dressed like that and yet selling meat. I was talking away when this young man caught my attention. I thought to myself; this is yet an exciting story that could make a feature sponsored in our monthly editorial, Ibom Kopa of which I was part of as my CDS.

I had a very short interview with the young man to the shock of other corps members who wondered what a fellow corps member was doing with a meat seller or who probably didn’t know I was part of the Ibom Kopa Editorial crew; below are the excerpts from the interview;

Kenny: Can I meet you? I mean what’s your name?

Emeka: My name is Chuwu Ebuka Obi, I am from Anambra state.

Kenny: Very good. So what brought you to Akwa Ibom state?

Ebuka: I’ve been here for some time since I concluded my secondary education in 2008. I live with my older brother. Trade brought me here.

Kenny: That would take us to my next question. If I’m right, do you mean the trade in fried meat *points to plastic*?

Ebuka: yes! Something like this, I’ve been doing this for some time now, since August last year to support myself. There is no support for me to go to school…

Kenny: That is not too good to hear but then, there is hope. I was inspired to come speak to you as you took the attention of all corps members by dressing in a suit and tie to sell your grilled meat. What inspired that dressing?

Ebuka: *shy* well, yes, I’ve been dressing like this for long now because I am a pastor too and as a business man, I believe in packaging.

Kenny: so that means you love the way you dress and no one compels you to?

Ebuka: yes, I love it. I’m trying to make a living.

Kenny: On an average, how much do you make in a day and how much meat do you prepare?

Ebuka: ehn ehn, sometimes I make a profit close to #2000 but I make meat of over #15,000 daily.

Kenny: So why did you decide to target corps members as your customers (market target)?

Ebuka: Yes, I just feel I will sell more if I come here, nothing more.

Kenny: Very good. Your story is inspiring. I love your spirit of entrepreneurship. Despite selling this thing in a plastic, you didn’t feel shy to still dress responsibly. You have all eyes of corps members on you.

Ebuka: I don’t feel shy because I know I won’t do this forever.

Kenny: So do you have plans to go back to school?

Ebuka: Yes, like I said, I left secondary school since 2008, I once applied for an admission into Anambra State University and Imo State University to study Engineering but I wasn’t selected.

Kenny: Well, I’m sorry about that. You can still get to the university and pursue your dreams of becoming a trained engineer. I still see you becoming that. Just stay focused on your dreams, keep pushing and try to do that next year. We look forward to seeing how we will get required support for you. I will from today keep in touch with you so as to help out in any way I can okay.

Ebuka: *shocked* wow, thank you sir, I’m grateful

Kenny: It’s okay. I am just like you. We all have a story to tell and I have decided to tell yours. Take care

NB: Ebuka has decided not to engage in robbery or drugs like some other youths who are yet to get a job or admission into a higher institution. He prepares himself as an entrepreneur, yet with great hope that he will someday become an engineer.

My first book of Poetry is available for Purchase.

Purchase link http://okadabooks.com/book/about/i_know_why_your_mother_cries/14808

How to buy
1. Click on the link, register and purchase.

For Sponsorship email badirukehinde@gmail.com

Written: Badiru; Kehinde
(Author of Poetry collection; I Know Why Your Mother Cries, Writer, Essayist, Graphic Artist)

Re: Aspiring Undergraduate Wears Suit As He Sells Fried Meat To Corps Members by rheether(f): 1:06pm On Sep 06, 2017
This is rubbish.
Re: Aspiring Undergraduate Wears Suit As He Sells Fried Meat To Corps Members by Amajerry83(m): 1:09pm On Sep 06, 2017
ok
Re: Aspiring Undergraduate Wears Suit As He Sells Fried Meat To Corps Members by Badirukehinde(m): 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
rheether:
This is rubbish.

Dear, Sometimes its best not to talk because more rubbish comes out your mouth. Ehn

2 Likes

Re: Aspiring Undergraduate Wears Suit As He Sells Fried Meat To Corps Members by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 06, 2017
the guy is practising how to trek under hot sun with his CV.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost Me To Start Up This Business / I Will Buy Your Itunes, Amazon, Google Play $ Walmart Gift Cards + Paysafe Cards / Great News!!! The EFL Now Live On Kwese Free Sports Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.