Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

This Nation Does Not Need Youths To Get Better,......... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Nation Does Not Need Youths To Get Better,......... (391 Views)

We Only Need Youths That Are Willing To Die For The Growth Of Our Country / Flashback: Nigeria Does Not Need 72-Yr-Old Grandfather As President – Peter Obi / "Buhari Does Not Need Obasanjo’s Advice" - Dr. Victor Oye, APGA Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Nation Does Not Need Youths To Get Better,......... by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2017
Alex Ayo Afolabi(6/9/2017).

I often limit my political engagements on social media but keeping mute has not always been my thing.

I was accused of being sponsored by some elder statesmen the last time i raised this intellectual discussion with some comrades In my school, i was almost beaten as well. Even some #NotToYoungToRun advocate might not find this piece palatable, but the general populace needs to be enlightened.

I need not to start referring to history about this Nation political leaders, it's an established fact that we have the same set of leaders harboring power among themselves for the past two decades.

The same set of leaders i know when i was in primary 3 are still the same individuals occupying the position of authorities.

I personally have no problem with the rotational power neither do i have an issue with the years spent seating on state or federal seats.

My cause of concerns is how every sectors in this Nation is in a state of hullabaloo and unrest coupled with extreme decaying and deteriorating each blessed day.

They have failed us woefully. They battered, scattered and shattered our trust in them even more than once, that the youths have to consider a statement from Albert Einstein which states, "INSANITY; doing the same thing over and over again and excepting different results."

I was for once and for a little time ecstatic when majority of the youths, if not all came together and see needs to take the seat and position of authority. In no or little time, hundreds of youth movements were launched and the campaign #NotToYoungToRun was the watchword.

The movement was so strong that even if a presidential election hold on social media, any youth will single handedly defeat all the political parties in Nigeria.

The #NotToYoungToRun started as a campaign from positive intent individuals, but presently i stand bold to say #NotToYoungToRun is now a "slang",
"Chanted majorly by youths who have no notion of what it means".
"Chanted by students union leaders who sold the union for stipends".
"Chorused by leaders fighting brutally for SUG elections".
"Chanted by youths spraying bullets like cocoa seed at a union election".

I never doubted the efficiency of youths leadership, but; "i will vote Elder individuals than most green snakes portraying themselves as Saints".

The solution to Nigeria perplexed condition is not just youth, but individuals who have gone through the process of Effective leadership and successfully graduated distinctively.

"I will conclude my statement by completing the heading of the text."

THIS NATION DOES NOT NEED YOUTHS TO GET BETTER, IT NEEDS "EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP". (completed)
Re: This Nation Does Not Need Youths To Get Better,......... by ApexPredator: 3:04pm On Sep 06, 2017
Can you people just be realistic for once? Nigeria is broken beyond repair..

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Blasts Yoruba Leaders For Not Fighting For The Region / Buhari: Apc Calls For Resignation Of Mama Taraba / ‘ignore Ipob’s Call To Boycott Anambra Election’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.