Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,421 members, 7,819,516 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th (4668 Views)

Nigeria Improves In FIFA World Ranking Without Going To 2015 AFCON / Latest FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Retains 42nd Position. / FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by hammah(m): 12:57am On Feb 19, 2007
Eguavoen shud be blamed for our woes,he massacred Nigeria at brenfort because of poor technical input.Obafemi Martins shud not be blamed cos he 'll have been useless since there was no cohesion between the mid-field and attack.sack Eguavoen now!he has no biz with football.A man who failed with under 17 2003 in FINLAND!!! now he is still doing same mistake of successful play.
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by adewale78(m): 10:57am On Feb 19, 2007
[color=#990000][/color]
That is what we see in the national team of nigeria,the reason is that they no friendlies before ghana match and they fall like apack of cards.Fifa has a software that they are using for the ranking,when a match is played and the result is input into the software in will do is own part concerning the ranking cheesy
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by Mustay(m): 12:30pm On Feb 19, 2007
the ranking is crap and i don't know y we do pay attention to it. Moreover, it's said that friendlies earn less points compared to qualifiers, cups etc so how on earth could MALI be better than a not-too super eagles? FIFA's statisticians 've some real probs.
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by muyibaba(m): 12:42pm On Feb 19, 2007
how did we sneak into the 9th place in the first place? grin
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by vikiviko(m): 1:30pm On Feb 19, 2007
Fifa's rankings from its inception in 1993 has caused controversies and puzzles.
Nigeria's prior rating ans present ratings are wrong.The standard to which these rankings are made are inept, my candid advise is the cancellation of these controversy called Ranking.
Good teams are known after major competitions and not 1 friendly games, the New UEFA president Mitchelle Platini promised to look into these erroneos rankings.
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by kemisole(f): 3:26pm On Feb 19, 2007
i think the super eagles deserves it, they take things 4 granted too much
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by kemisole(f): 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2007
i think the super eagles deserves it, they take things 4 granted too much
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by Uche2nna(m): 6:53pm On Feb 19, 2007
I cant really believe the way and manner by which FIFA conduct thier rankings these days. When they pegged Nigeria as the 9th team in the world , my first reaction was: based on wat? Now this free fall from 9th to 36th just showed how inconsistent thier rankings could be. What is the time lapse between the previous and the recent rankings and wat has Nigeria done within that time frame period that informed such a free fall.
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by kitaun(m): 6:58pm On Feb 19, 2007
Tell them bro cool
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by justkunmi(m): 7:10pm On Feb 19, 2007
the former 9th position must have been a typo grin
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by Christino(m): 7:26pm On Feb 19, 2007
, and this 36th is clearly an error!

this is clearly the second loss in a very long time how come we got catapulted into 36? And mind you, those saying the super eagles are crap had better watch their mouths (it's typical of naija fans to call for the heads of the players when we lose) cos those days when we were raping everyone 5-2, 5-1, no one complained. Infact when we won all three matches @ d group stages of the ANC no one raised an eyebrow, didn't we beat Ghana and Senegal? Now these same double mouthed nigerians come here saying we should start from the bottom of the rankings. What makes you think the Ghana of today can't even beat Brazil? Cameroun no beat them a few years back when dem dey on form?

Nigerians and inconsistency, what's the difference between you guys and the NFA sef?
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by kitaun(m): 7:35pm On Feb 19, 2007
U dey mind dem??

We Naija people are too forgetful!!!

FIFA ko MALARIA ni
grin grin
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by justkunmi(m): 7:45pm On Feb 19, 2007
lol

but seriously, wat got us to the 9th position in the first place? we were absent from the world cup, we didn't play any friendly until the Ghana loss, so. . . .on wat basis was the 9th position.
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by Uche2nna(m): 7:54pm On Feb 19, 2007
My problem is not weather we r 2nd or 130th; dat does not matter to me cos I know dat given the right attitude from players and NFA Nigeria can take on any team in the world. My only problem is the whole FIFA ranking thingy. Let there be a likkle stability and consistency for Gawd's sake. How can a team go from being that good to this bad within the shortest possible of time. From 9th in just the last ranking to 36th in the current ranking shocked

Anyway, Ghana beating us 4 :1 is a good omen, believe it or not. It is like a wake up call and there is no stopping a nigerian team when they are determined to prove a point.And they certainly have something to prove cum 2008!!! It has been a looooong time we were crowned champions and I have this feeling that 2008 is going to be another Nigerian year. I remenber togo beating our olympic dream team 3 :1 just b4 they jetted out to Atlanta. Everybody gave up on them; the press dubbed them the dumb team!!!! But all is history now, those guys left Nigerian shores determined to prove a point and they sure did!!!!! So I am having a kind of de ja vu here !!!!
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by kitaun(m): 8:05pm On Feb 19, 2007
to think Uche supports Watford?? grin grin
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by Uche2nna(m): 8:08pm On Feb 19, 2007
@ Kit angry What do U mean by dat grin happy birthday to U, guy!!!!!
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by kitaun(m): 8:13pm On Feb 19, 2007
thanx man cool grin
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by WesleyanA(f): 8:55pm On Feb 19, 2007
justkunmi:

lol

but seriously, what got us to the 9th position in the first place? we were absent from the world cup, we didn't play any friendly until the Ghana loss, so. . . .on what basis was the 9th position.

fifa ranking is crap
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by kitaun(m): 11:25pm On Feb 19, 2007
Sounds more like Playstation 2 ranking!! lol
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by Christino(m): 11:56pm On Feb 19, 2007
It's obvious they are just recovering from the shock defeat.

Let me remind them that the Ghana of today is the Nigeria of 1994 or the Cameroun of 2002. Simple and short.
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by kitaun(m): 12:15am On Feb 20, 2007
With a difference though! If anything happens to Appiah that team might get wrecked! I bet they wont last long too
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by magmag: 12:20pm On Feb 20, 2007
if u are ugly then you don't look into the mirror, let not play anymore friendlies to avoid sinking down further, cos i believe most african countries are now better than us
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by lindamams(f): 3:19pm On Feb 20, 2007
at last fifa don give us report card
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by superman(m): 5:04pm On Feb 20, 2007
if u are ugly then you don't look into the mirror, let not play anymore friendlies to avoid sinking down further, because i believe most african countries are now better than us

SOMETIMES U DNT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY TO ALL THE CRAPS THAT JUST KEEP SWING UP IN HERE!

well i guess time shall tell! just make sure u hang around at the time when it comes alright!!!!!!!!

later!
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by superman(m): 5:06pm On Feb 20, 2007
well for your info

ghana gona play argentina

and i got rumour flyin in that super eagles will play Italy the best team in the world hmmm? hope to see that happen

we shall see so watch out my friend
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by mekoyo(m): 5:38pm On Feb 20, 2007
Why won't we, when our players are arriving for a match a day to the game. When adequate preparations are not made.

When we are not committed? Its really a shame. Nigeria of all country 36th in the world. fom 9th position and 5th in Africa.

What a shame.
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by justin04(m): 10:02am On Feb 21, 2007
I did not think Super Eagles were as good as the 9th rated team in the world and I also think they are far better than the 36th rated team in the world. I am just trying to say the rating thing is horsecrap.
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by superman(m): 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2007
NONESENSE KISS IT LEAVE IT DNT HAVE TIME TO TALK AROUND LIKE YALL!

SUPEREAGLES STILL SUPER!!!!! I UNDERSTAND CUZ I PLAY AS WELL FOR FUN SO ME KNOW HA
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by dayokanu(m): 9:13am On Feb 22, 2007
I think the FIFA fanking is almost perfect for FIFA is not bothered about talent or potentials but about the result on the field a year of inactivity(dont mention Lesotho and Niger) followed by 4-1 drubbing 36th position is the best you can get. For people talking about Mali remember they won their friendly match and their calibre of players are not bad at all Highest goal scorer in Spain Kanoute, Sissoko and Diarra are playing top level football how many Naija playas are doing that forget beef or patriotism the truth is Naija football is,
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by dblock(m): 9:20am On Feb 22, 2007
Perharps it's time Fifa adopted the World Football Elo Ratings

The Formula is more accurate than the Fifa rankings

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Football_Elo_Ratings

http://www.eloratings.net/world.html
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by 9ja4eva: 8:28am On Feb 24, 2007
Agree with FIFA.
Re: Fifa World Ranking: Nigeria Down To 36th by Lolyda(f): 11:49pm On Feb 25, 2007
It's NFA fault & probs!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2021 Volleyball Nations Cup: Nigeria Women Humiliates Senegal 3 - 0 / See As Liverpool Spoil My 680,000 Naira .. Chaii.. Whyyyyyyyy / Please Anyone Understand This Betting Option? ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.