Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,661 members, 7,813,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee (12738 Views)

FBN Quest Merchant Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2018 / Coronation Merchant Bank Graduate Trainee Programme 2018 / NBC Management Trainee 2017 DragnetNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by Noel001: 12:49am On Sep 07, 2017
Hello fellas.. So assuming you are to decide between Access bank and First Bank for the entry level position, which would you pick and why?
Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by Ojebo: 5:54pm On Sep 07, 2017
Noel001:
Hello fellas.. So assuming you are to decide between Access bank and First Bank for the entry level position, which would you pick and why?

access bank of course....d difference is clear...they train u for five months, pay u more than 220,000 as monthly salary..and also give u car..though u'll pay for it anyway....d set dat jst finish training, dem no gist u ni..no sufferness for them anymore......
so, to me....gtb first, den access bank, thereafter we av others

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by Noel001: 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ya.. It seems nice and all. But what about the two year Bond.. And the fact that you have to pay the balance of the car loan of you decide to leave before it expires.... That's about 5 years.. Give or take

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by Noel001: 6:42pm On Sep 07, 2017
Noel001:
Ya.. It seems nice and all. But what about the two year Bond.. And the fact that you have to pay the balance of the car loan of you decide to leave before it expires.... That's about 5 years.. Give or take

*if
Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by Ojebo: 6:53pm On Sep 07, 2017
Noel001:

lol..its a bond...so be it...since u r in already...i rili cant see why u wanna hurry out in d next 5-years..jst kip growing in d industry, get ur cibn..and other cert,..and wen d five years comes around nd u feel like leaving..den M.D with a nice and attractive allowance will be right beside u..its cool..stressful though
Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 07, 2017
LOL @ojebo
The grass is always green at the other side.

Lol again.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by pidgintutor: 12:04am On Sep 08, 2017
as an aside

all you students should pick up programming skills.... we teach in any language so you can understand... even pidgin sef... u must sabi program like mark and bill gates..

also give ya children/kids the opportunity their western counterparts had... gates and mark all had home programming tutors when they were kids...

send a mail to pidgin.tutor@gmail.com or pm me for more details..

Lagos occupants only

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by tosbobby(m): 11:26am On Sep 08, 2017
I would prefer first bank if the issue of favourtism and caucus can be eradicated.
The old staff dey show new and young staff sheyge especially the contract ones.
They will encourage you to blow whistle and the whistle administrators will still hint the subject person about your actions. After that, guy they save oooo because you don see job for Ilepo grin

Staff are not equal at first bank. I do not know about access bank anyway.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by Bamibor: 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2017
tosbobby:

I would prefer first bank if the issue of favourtism and caucus can be eradicated.
The old staff dey show new and young staff sheyge especially the contract ones.
They will encourage you to blow whistle and the whistle administrators will still hint the subject person about your actions. After that, guy they save oooo because you don see job for Ilepo grin

Staff are not equal at first bank. I do not know about access bank anyway.
Interesting. Do you work at first bank?
Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by uzomanny(m): 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2017
Ojebo:

access bank of course....d difference is clear...they train u for five months, pay u more than 220,000 as monthly salary..and also give u car..though u'll pay for it anyway....d set dat jst finish training, dem no gist u ni..no sufferness for them anymore......
so, to me....gtb first, den access bank, thereafter we av others

You can lie for Africa?...choi shocked

A friend of mine who just passed out nysc dis year batch A stream1 applied,wrote dia exams and passed and was shortlisted for the trainee program

Bros,he never mentioned at any time that he was given a car not to talk of the 220k monthly salary you claim they pay..haba!

Even top notch banks like Zenith,GTB,Diamond & First bank never even pay that amount for their graduate trainees per month

After following threads here on access bank and their remuneration,its not worth it and they dont value their staffs...First bank is still far better cos I heard they have allowances for their staff

Tankiu grin
Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by tunafishbabs(m): 3:18pm On Sep 15, 2017
uzomanny:

A friend of mine who just passed out nysc dis year batch A stream1 applied,wrote dia exams and passed and was shortlisted for the trainee program

Bros,he never mentioned at any time that he was given a car not to talk of the 220k monthly salary you claim they pay..haba!

Even top notch banks like Zenith,GTB,Diamond & First bank never even pay that amount for their graduate trainees per month

After following threads here on access bank and their remuneration,its not worth it and they dont value their staffs...First bank is still far better cos I heard they have allowances for their staff

Tankiu grin

You are wrong sir. What Ojebo said is not incorrect

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by Ojebo: 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
uzomanny:

**SMH**

Tankiu grin
Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by Acidosis(m): 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
uzomanny:

Tankiu grin

Access bank actually pays that much, and that includes a car (loan).

Your friend is not a staff yet.. he's either at the trainee school where they pay about 40k or thereabout for a few months or he was employed as a contract staff.
Don't underrate some companies.. Nor be by name. Access pays trainees better than all the banks you listed.. Zenith shouldn't even be mentioned when they're talking about graduate trainee salary (graduate trainee oo not middle-level mgt o). "Ordinary" Heritage bank pays better.

@OP, I think you should follow your heart, however, be informed that most bankers, contract or not, are expected to meet certain targets on a weekly or monthly basis.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by uzomanny(m): 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2017
tunafishbabs:

You are wrong sir. What Ojebo said is not incorrect

Abeg which of them?
Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by uzomanny(m): 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
Acidosis:

Access bank actually pays that much, and that includes a car (loan).

Your friend is not a staff yet.. he's either at the trainee school where they pay about 40k or thereabout for a few months or he was employed as a contract staff.
Don't underrate some companies.. Nor be by name. Access pays trainees better than all the banks you listed.. Zenith shouldn't even be mentioned when they're talking about graduate trainee salary (graduate trainee oo not middle-level mgt o). "Ordinary" Heritage bank pays better.

@OP, I think you should follow your heart, however, be informed that most bankers, contract or not, are expected to meet certain targets on a weekly or monthly basis.

Did I mention that he's done with the training school and was posted to one of their branches on the mainland and when does a graduate trainee turn contract staff over night?

You have diverted from OPs question...he wanted us to help him compare and contrast First bank Vs Access bank graduate trainee programs and their remuneration packages and not their full staff take home every month

First bank is still far better grin
Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by Kingzy4pep(m): 3:38am On Jun 02, 2019
uzomanny:

Did I mention that he's done with the training school and was posted to one of their branches on the mainland and when does a graduate trainee turn contract staff over night?

You have diverted from OPs question...he wanted us to help him compare and contrast First bank Vs Access bank graduate trainee programs and their remuneration packages and not their full staff take home every month

Oga Stop arguing. Maybe your friend doesn't want to tell you. Their pay now is even almost 250k.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by dopestkidda(m): 4:19am On Jun 02, 2019
Are You Looking for a Professional Resume Design or CV Design Service?

You’re in the right place!

Did you know the average recruiter spends just 6 seconds looking at each resume?

By working with an expert you can make sure yours stands out - instead of ending up in the trash!

What the Packages Cover

I will Create unique, custom resume design or CV design . (I use modern, minimal styles to ensure the key facts ‘pop out’ to busy recruiters!)

*All resumes/cover letters will be delivered in editable Word and PDF file formats*

For a unique, custom resume design or CV design at affordable prices call or whatsapp me on +2348164287840

Order Today!

Getting your dream job is a big deal – so don’t leave this to chance... Order my professional resume design and writing service today!

Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by stevy00: 4:31am On Nov 05, 2019
uzomanny:

Permit me to say that this is crap bro, its either you dont have any friend anywhere or he lied to you about where he works.

#FACT
Training school 48k
Access pays #269k after training
Car loan 90k.

U can ask your friend again where he works sir.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by Robiat23: 2:14pm On Feb 24, 2022
Access bank graduate trainee is different from entry level staff

Graduate trainees are paid 100k or
a little above while entry level staff are paid 230k above, they are not the same
Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by Nostradamus: 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2022
stevy00:

Permit me to say that this is crap bro, its either you dont have any friend anywhere or he lied to you about where he works.

#FACT
Training school 48k
Car loan 90k.

boss,that car loan,do access remove 90k from the montjly 269k and pay 179k as salary or it's the 269k that will be paid after the car loan has been deducted from one's salary??

Access bank i
Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by qanda: 6:15am On Jul 28, 2022
Access Bank and First Bank job test past questions and answers are available on Q and A App.

Install the App on Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda
Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by GEExclusive: 8:57am On Jul 28, 2022
for recently conducted access bank past questions and answers

Send a mail impeccablegee@gmail.com
Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by kayceeng: 10:24am On Jul 28, 2022
So does that mean that First bank has more job stability than Access bank and a newbie I. The industry
Re: Access Bank Versus First Bank:graduate Trainee by MirthOsas(m): 11:50am On Aug 03, 2022
stevy00:

#FACT
Training school 48k
Car loan 90k.

Hi Stevy, what would you say about the bank regarding career progression?

(1) (Reply)

How To Apply For Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition 2018 / Nigerian Defence Academy Releases Application Form For 74th Regular Course / An International School In Abuja Now Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.