Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,551 members, 7,955,053 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:32 PM

How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million (1390 Views)

Buy Your Own House For As Little As 3million Naira. / Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? / Earn As High As 3million Naira As A Real Estate Consultant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by raymondFirstborn(m): 1:05am On Sep 07, 2017
So many Nigerians have at one time thought of owning their own home,but when they think of the cost, that dream of theirs becomes the impossible.But the goodnews is, with just 3million Naira you can build your own house.

Now these are steps you would need to follow to Build a 3M house.

LAND: Now this is very important,the location where your land is being located can contributed significantly to the cost of the building.Lets take the Mainland vs Island scenario, if you want a 3M house buy land on the MAINLAND.Yes you heard me right MAINLAND. Reason is

-building materials cost more on the island and less on the mainland.
-A larger part of the land available on the island would need a more expensive type of foundations (Raft or pile) and sometimes large amount of sandfilling.Cost could go from 1-4MILLION NAIRA on foundation alone,so its advisable to buy a land on the mainland (although some areas on the mainland have expensive plots of land) If possible buy half plot as it saves you money on fencing.

ARCHITECTURAL DRAWING : After buying the land next thing is your architectural drawing.One of the mistakes people do is they just give the architect their specs and walk away without knowing the cost implications
of their specs.From a Quantity Surveyors point of view, the architectural drawing is KING, as it determines how expensive or how cheap the building will be.

SPECIFICATIONS FOR A. 3M HOUSE
So get an architect let him/her Know you are on a tight budget and you want something in that line.FOR A 3M HOUSE its advisable you build a 2bedroom Bungalow

80SQM BUILDING.

tell the architect you dont want a pantry,study , too long corridor.

You dont want a big roof as the lower the height of the roof the lower cost of the roof.

Use a 900mm x 2100mm door as security door, 900 x 2100mm flush doors for rooms and sitting room and 750 x 2100mm doors for toilet.

600mm x 600mm ,1200 x 1200mm, 900x 900mm windows only.

TO BE CONTINUED........

MORE COMING

Lalasticlala, mynd44. Fynestboi

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by Ayloaded04: 1:07am On Sep 07, 2017
shocked
Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by raymondFirstborn(m): 1:50am On Sep 07, 2017
CONTINUATION

CONTACT A QUANTITY SURVEYOR:Now after getting your drawing, the next thing you need is to know the actual breakdown of the cost of your dream home. Let the QS know you wouldnt be using a contractor and therefore need the actual cost without 25% profit. The QS would provide you with Bill of quantities and estimates for your dream home.Now you know how much the building would cost, shouldnt cost more than 3M if your archi designed based on your spec.

DONT USE A CONTRACTOR
Well reason for this is simple, the contractor pockets 25% of the buildings cost as his profit,the greedy ones pocket more.Instead get a civil engineer or builder to help you supervise and manage your project, put the engineer on a payroll of say 75-100k/month.Then tell the engineer you want your project finished in 2-3months.With the Bill of quantities and estimates you release the money in stages based on the amount in the Bill from the foundation to services(plumbing and electrical) . Never release money until you see that work has been done with the previous cash you disbursed.

This construction model is called DIRECT LABOUR.

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by snakebeat: 5:39am On Sep 07, 2017
raymondFirstborn:
CONTINUATION

CONTACT A QUANTITY SURVEYOR:Now after getting your drawing, the next thing you need is to know the actual breakdown of the cost of your dream home. Let the QS know you wouldnt be using a contractor and therefore need the actual cost without 25% profit. The QS would provide you with Bill of quantities and estimates for your dream home.Now you know how much the building would cost, shouldnt cost more than 3M if your archi designed based on your spec.

DONT USE A CONTRACTOR
Well reason for this is simple, the contractor pockets 25% of the buildings cost as his profit,the greedy ones pocket more.Instead get a civil engineer or builder to help you supervise and manage your project, put the engineer on a payroll of say 75-100k/month.Then tell the engineer you want your project finished in 2-3months.With the Bill of quantities and estimates you release the money in stages based on the amount in the Bill from the foundation to services(plumbing and electrical) . Never release money until you see that work has been done with the previous cash you disbursed.

@bold How can u conclude the house shouldn't cost more than 3M, without being specific?
Specification from client varies, so how do u conclude someone's dream home shouldn't cost more than 3M?

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:15am On Sep 07, 2017
snakebeat:

@bold How can u conclude the house shouldn't cost more than 3M, without being specific?
Specification from client varies, so how do u conclude someone's dream home shouldn't cost more than 3M?

Thanks for pointing that out,boss
would modify .
Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:44am On Sep 07, 2017
If you need more advice or your interested in having 3M HOUSE contact
Rf & Associates .
we are facility and cost managers.

CONTACT 09056082348, 08056277874.
Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by raymondFirstborn(m): 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2017
Just sent another mail.

luvablesam
Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by einsteino(m): 12:55pm On Sep 12, 2017
raymondFirstborn:
CONTINUATION

DONT USE A CONTRACTOR

place an Engr on a payroll of 75k per month for a 3months contract/project? grin cheesy i don laugh tire, na you train the Engr for school abi wetin? You wey be QS, is that how u survive? by commiting yourself to a 75k per month for 3months project, then stay a couple of months searching for another 75k gig for the next 3months?

well it is good i stumbled on your post, i should contact you soon. i often need QS for my projects, obviously i should be able to pay you meagrely, based on the scale you are canvasing an Engr be paid.

Well let me assume you were speaking of "people who claim to be engrs". We both know they would likely find a way to dubiously make many times over that in sharp practices. you cant eat your cake and have it.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by raymondFirstborn(m): 4:53pm On Sep 12, 2017
einsteino:

place an Engr on a payroll of 75k per month for a 3months contract/project? grin cheesy i don laugh tire, na you train the Engr for school abi wetin? You wey be QS, is that how u survive? by commiting yourself to a 75k per month for 3months project, then stay a couple of months searching for another 75k gig for the next 3months?

well it is good i stumbled on your post, i should contact you soon. i often need QS for my projects, obviously i should be able to pay you meagrely, based on the scale you are canvasing an Engr be paid.

Well let me assume you were speaking of "people who claim to be engrs". We both know they would likely find a way to dubiously make many times over that in sharp practices. you cant eat your cake and have it.

Oga ENGR I hail o. grin

For a 3Million Naira project atleast 100k monthly should do,that's why I said 75-100k.
Me personally if I am to manage the project, I'll pay the ENGR 100k/month.

But I dey here sha,You get any job for me?am at your service grin
Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by einsteino(m): 8:41pm On Sep 12, 2017
raymondFirstborn:

Oga ENGR I hail o. grin

For a 3Million Naira project atleast 100k monthly should do,that's why I said 75-100k.
Me personally if I am to manage the project, I'll pay the ENGR 100k/month.

But I dey here sha,You get any job for me?am at your service grin

it still sounds absurd to me. if the Engr is being employed by another Engr who he is training under, he may not even mind 60k. This is because his interest is the tutelage and not the pay. but if he is to work for someone that has nothing to offer him, and in an unsecure position such as a short term project, where he is to deploy his experience and knowledge that he expended time and resources to acquire, it would be irrational to even discuss a monthly fee. The practice is to bill per milestone or the entire project, that way he can deliver the project in the shortest possible time and rededicate his time to some more gainful engagement.

Anyways sha it is a bungalow and like you said its a low budget project. these days any Engr with some sense would rather leave such to those who impersonate us. its better to focus on more technical projects where ones services wouldnt be haggled like an unskilled labourer's and everyone involved appreciates what they each bring to the project.
Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by raymondFirstborn(m): 11:42pm On Sep 12, 2017
einsteino:

it still sounds absurd to me. if the Engr is being employed by another Engr who he is training under, he may not even mind 60k. This is because his interest is the tutelage and not the pay. but if he is to work for someone that has nothing to offer him, and in an unsecure position such as a short term project, where he is to deploy his experience and knowledge that he expended time and resources to acquire, it would be irrational to even discuss a monthly fee. The practice is to bill per milestone or the entire project, that way he can deliver the project in the shortest possible time and rededicate his time to some more gainful engagement.

Anyways sha it is a bungalow and like you said its a low budget project. these days any Engr with some sense would rather leave such to those who impersonate us. its better to focus on more technical projects where ones services wouldnt be haggled like an unskilled labourer's and everyone involved appreciates what they each bring to the project.

oga ENGR your on point.
Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by raymondFirstborn(m): 12:43am On Sep 13, 2017
You can still contact the Rf & Associates or your building Estimates,BOQ and construction cost management.

CALL 09056082348. (call & Whatsapp) , 08056277874

EMAIL: raymondfubara@gmail.com
Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:24pm On Oct 05, 2017
Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:29pm On Oct 05, 2017
Goodevening.
Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by raymondFirstborn(m): 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2017
Goodevening
Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by raymondFirstborn(m): 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2017
Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by raymondFirstborn(m): 8:14pm On Oct 06, 2017
raymondFirstborn:
If you need more advice or your interested in having 3M HOUSE contact
Rf & Associates .
we are facility and cost managers.

CONTACT 09056082348, 08056277874.
Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by raymondFirstborn(m): 8:17pm On Oct 06, 2017
Goodevening
Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by raymondFirstborn(m): 1:37am On Oct 09, 2017
Goodmorning
Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by ibukunmak: 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hello... Please is it possible to build a 4 bedroom duplex in Abijo GRA for N10M
Re: How To Build Your Dream Home For As Low As 3million by raymondFirstborn(m): 4:55pm On Oct 10, 2017
ibukunmak:
Hello... Please is it possible to build a 4 bedroom duplex in Abijo GRA for N10M

Please send a message to .

09056082348 (call & Whatsapp)

raymondfubara@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

2 Plots Of Land (1500sqm corner piece)available At New GRA In Ilorin Kwara State / Every Child Can Be A Landlord (promo) / QUICK SALE 4bedroom Fully Detach Duplex @ PG Estate Gbagada Ifako, 35m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.