Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,953 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:01 AM

Cpanel Vs Plesk ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Cpanel Vs Plesk ? (999 Views)

Poll: Which is Better ?

Plesk: 0% (0 votes)
Cpanel: 100% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Shop Admin [www.spamming-bank.ru] Selling : Smtp, Mailer, Rdp, Cpanel, Webmail / How Do I Transfer My Wordpress website to replace an existing website in Cpanel / Parallel Plesk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cpanel Vs Plesk ? by SamMilla1(m): 6:21pm On Feb 24, 2010
Whats Your Take ?
I have Used Both but I personally prefer Cpanel.
Maybe because i started with it.
Re: Cpanel Vs Plesk ? by DualCore1: 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2010
For public hosting, cPanel is best. . . no question. Nothing beats it at the moment.

For private hosting you can go for plesk, directadmin or webmin.
Re: Cpanel Vs Plesk ? by abhosts(m): 9:56pm On Feb 24, 2010
Cpanel all the way.
Re: Cpanel Vs Plesk ? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 24, 2010
i used plesk once, it made me look like a fool! the learning curve is really low, and it is rather difficult to use.
Re: Cpanel Vs Plesk ? by DualCore1: 11:38pm On Feb 24, 2010
cPanel's license is too expensive, if you run a dedicated server. The VPS license is quite cheap.

Once, I got a dedicated server and the cpanel license was close to the same amount of the server lease.
Felt it was just crazy, I reinstalled the server and put DirectAdmin whose license was going for about 9 pounds. I used that for a while and it was just okay.

What deceives people in cPanel is all the "candy" it comes with. "candy" most people will never even use. That's what clients like anyway, seeing many controls on their panels. And I love the part where they then call and be like . . . "what does this thing do? what does that thing do?" grin

When I started commercial webhosting, I used DirectAdmin on one server and the other had plesk. Both were going good until I had to shift accounts between 2 servers. That's when I saw the good side of having cPanel running on all boxes.

Bottom line: The only reason I have seen so far to go for cPanel is the way it handles account backups and transfers. No other control panel does that better.
Re: Cpanel Vs Plesk ? by mrperfect(m): 12:10am On Feb 25, 2010
Cpanel, atleast that is what people want.
Re: Cpanel Vs Plesk ? by cvb1: 9:09pm On Dec 19, 2013
ServerPilot is good if you just want a free cPanel alternative for your own VPS.

https://serverpilot.io/

You can't use it to sell shared hosting, though. It doesn't work with WHMCS.

(1) (Reply)

Final Crash Of All These E: Crap / Want To Make Money Online? / GTB Mastercard Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.