Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

PAN Moves To Import Fairly Used Tokunbo Cars - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / PAN Moves To Import Fairly Used Tokunbo Cars (1276 Views)

Want To Import Your Car From Cotonou: Try Hassrash-from A Satisfied Customer / 2 Tokunbo Cars Mazda 626 Air Condition. German Used Price From 500k / List Of Available Tokunbo Cars ..........all Lagos Cleared @ Affordable Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PAN Moves To Import Fairly Used Tokunbo Cars by today2010: 8:24pm On Feb 24, 2010
The management of the only surviving automobile assembly plant in the country, Peugeot Automobile Nigeria, has said the company will begin importation of fairly used cars into the country.

The PAN management explained that the importation of such cars otherwise known as ‘Tokunboh’ would satisfy the needs of Nigerians who could not afford brand new cars.

The company said that since there was a large market for fairly used cars in the country, there was nothing wrong if it imported and certified such vehicles fit for use by Nigerians.

PAN Managing Director, Dr. Haroun Aliyu said at a news conference at the ongoing Kaduna International Trade Fair that before the importation of such vehicles, they would be certified by the manufacturers, who would also make available the detailed history of the vehicle to prospective buyers.

Aliyu argued that Nigeria has a large market for used cars, adding that even in Europe, people patronize second hand vehicles more than the brand new ones.

http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201002247103578
Re: PAN Moves To Import Fairly Used Tokunbo Cars by Fhemmmy: 8:37pm On Feb 24, 2010
Ummmmm
Re: PAN Moves To Import Fairly Used Tokunbo Cars by german007(m): 9:30pm On Feb 24, 2010
Hmmmmm, Was thinking the same, hmmmmmm. Good or bad news for us fhemmy? lol grin grin
Re: PAN Moves To Import Fairly Used Tokunbo Cars by Emperoh(m): 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2010
Worst decision in a decade from a company like PAN
What brand will the be importing?
Re: PAN Moves To Import Fairly Used Tokunbo Cars by LuniyiGlo(m): 9:41pm On Feb 24, 2010
german007:

Hmmmmm,  Was thinking the same,  hmmmmmm. Good or bad news for us fhemmy?   lol grin   grin

Don't worry (at least for now anyway), at the speed that legislation takes place in Nigeria and the way PAN operates this move might be still 2 or 3 years away from complete implementation. . .   smiley
Re: PAN Moves To Import Fairly Used Tokunbo Cars by FARAMADE(m): 1:02am On Feb 25, 2010
There was a time in Nigeria when only one individual was allowed to import rice, I hope we are not entering into an era when only one company will be allowed to import used cars.
Re: PAN Moves To Import Fairly Used Tokunbo Cars by Fhemmmy: 1:05am On Feb 25, 2010
Hahahahahahah.
I am not worried at all, cos there is enough sky for all the birds to fly.
Besides . . . . .There are lots of big car dealership in Nigeria and one day soon, Femmmy Motos will buy PAN
Re: PAN Moves To Import Fairly Used Tokunbo Cars by german007(m): 1:09am On Feb 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Hahahahahahah.
Besides . . . . .There are lots of big car dealership in Nigeria and one day soon, Femmmy Motos will buy PAN

A big amen to that oh!,
Re: PAN Moves To Import Fairly Used Tokunbo Cars by KunleA2(m): 1:16am On Feb 25, 2010
its a big country. There's always a niche for everyone. NOBODY can corner the car market in Naija. NOBODY.

At least they won't do cotonou cars undecided
Re: PAN Moves To Import Fairly Used Tokunbo Cars by german007(m): 1:28am On Feb 25, 2010
Luniyi_Glo:

Don't worry (at least for now anyway), at the speed that legislation takes place in Nigeria and the way PAN operates this move might be still 2 or 3 years away from complete implementation. . . smiley

Ok oh Chief Luniyi. I hope so. grin grin
Re: PAN Moves To Import Fairly Used Tokunbo Cars by LuniyiGlo(m): 2:02am On Feb 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Hahahahahahah.

Please, when Femmmy Motos is ready to buy PAN don’t forget us oh!!!  I can certainly help brokerage the deal. . .  cool
Re: PAN Moves To Import Fairly Used Tokunbo Cars by Onwan: 9:59am On Feb 25, 2010
It wont be a bad touch IF they can import Certified pre-owned Peugeot.

I don't know how it happens BUT most times I see Peugeot models in Europe that I don't see here at all; they are better looking anyways so I think it will be a welcome business strategy. One is better off loading cars for staff from them at a good price/deal.
Re: PAN Moves To Import Fairly Used Tokunbo Cars by german007(m): 10:27am On Feb 25, 2010
Onwan:

It wont be a bad touch IF they can import Certified pre-owned Peugeot.

I don't know how it happens BUT most times I see Peugeot models in Europe that I don't see here at all; they are better looking anyways so I think it will be a welcome business strategy. One is better off loading cars for staff from them at a good price/deal.

"Onwan Peugeot Nigeria" Coming soon. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Editted / Sold ! Tokunbo '03 Toyota Corolla Le ( 71k Miles ) - N1.5m / Mercedes Benz Ml350 With Dvd (pre-order) 4.2 M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.