Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

"Woman Wan Troway Poo-poo" - BBC Writes "Tinder Date Poo" News In Pidgin (video) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "Woman Wan Troway Poo-poo" - BBC Writes "Tinder Date Poo" News In Pidgin (video) (833 Views)

Big Brother Naija: A Pool Party Or A Poo Party (pictures) / "It Was A Sad Moment For Me" - Erica Writes About Her Disqualification / Bbnaija : Sir Dee Girlfriend Writes An Open Letter To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Woman Wan Troway Poo-poo" - BBC Writes "Tinder Date Poo" News In Pidgin (video) by Austinogiza(m): 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2017

Barely 2 weeks after BBC's Pidgin language website was launched, it has gone viral after publishing a version of the story for its Central and West African readers.

The dialect is spoken in Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea.

The nightmare Tinder date story, where a girl attempted to dispose of her excrement after blocking a toilet at student Liam Smyth's house, was published on the website yesterday.
After failing to rid of the faeces, the woman panicked and threw it out the window, leading to her attempting to grab it after it became lodged between two windows.

With the help of Mr Smyth, she tried to climb between the gap to pick it up but got stuck, meaning he had to call the fire service to set her free.

On the BBC's Pidgin website, the story says:

'The woman wey dey learn gymnastics, just start to waka with Bristol student, Liam Smith, for di first time, when she take fear troway di poo-poo comot for window.

Instead make di thing land for garden, di poo-poo come jam between two windows wey no dey open wide.'

In comparison, the English version says;

'The amateur gymnast was on a first date with Bristol student Liam Smith when she 'panicked' and threw the faeces out of the window.

It did not land in the garden, but became wedged between two non-opening windows.'

Them dey try ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RDMO232q1U

https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/bbc-writes-tinder-date-poo-news-story-pidgin/

cc lalasticlala cc mynd44
Re: "Woman Wan Troway Poo-poo" - BBC Writes "Tinder Date Poo" News In Pidgin (video) by jerryunit48: 9:39pm On Sep 07, 2017
Omo see BBC o
Re: "Woman Wan Troway Poo-poo" - BBC Writes "Tinder Date Poo" News In Pidgin (video) by Nbote(m): 9:40pm On Sep 07, 2017
Imagine BBC now carries d news in pidgin and our teachers punished and flogged us for speaking pidgin (bad English) those days.. I dey join am for d list of things wey our teachers dem lie to us about. Top of d list na say We are d leaders of tomorrow..
Re: "Woman Wan Troway Poo-poo" - BBC Writes "Tinder Date Poo" News In Pidgin (video) by littlewonders: 9:42pm On Sep 07, 2017
There's this old saying; A king is not respected in his house. I aimed on being grounded with pidgin but my teacher always flogged me for even thinking of it, to make matter worse my mum make sure i become white with black skin, my tongue threw my mother's language into extinction to some point in class I have to pay N1 for every pidgin and N5 for native language I buttress.

Now, I read how foreign countries adopt my native language teaching it in schools which i still find stressful to understand.

Pidgin I no sabi, my native language problem, even the English, na war!! What I do now is communicating with anyhow style for one to understand me.
Re: "Woman Wan Troway Poo-poo" - BBC Writes "Tinder Date Poo" News In Pidgin (video) by TyushTal(m): 9:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
shocked

Now that it is. I'll be expecting Justin Bieber to drop a record in pidgin
Re: "Woman Wan Troway Poo-poo" - BBC Writes "Tinder Date Poo" News In Pidgin (video) by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
This is hilarious tho grin grin grin I mean the content of the video

(1) (Reply)

Monster High: Boo York Movie Review / Iyawo Naira Marley What You Should Know About The Newly Released Nollywood Movie / Power Season 6 Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.