Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

US Country Music Singer Don Williams Dies! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / US Country Music Singer Don Williams Dies! (572 Views)

Don Williams, US Country Singer Dies At 78 / Country Music Singer, Don Williams Dies At 78 / Don Williams Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Country Music Singer Don Williams Dies! by Emmyce: 3:47am On Sep 09, 2017
US country music singer Don Williams - who enjoyed great success with his easy-going singing style - has died aged 78.

The Texan native passed away after a short illness, his publicist said.
Williams began his solo career in 1971, amassing 17 number one country hits.
His songs, such as Gypsy Woman and Tulsa Time, were covered by many other singers - including Eric Clapton and Pete Townshend. Williams was known as the gentle giant of country music.
Other hits included You're My Best Friend, I Believe in You and Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good.
In 2010, he was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame.

Re: US Country Music Singer Don Williams Dies! by Nobody: 3:52am On Sep 09, 2017
RIP
Re: US Country Music Singer Don Williams Dies! by drake2(m): 4:10am On Sep 09, 2017
wow!, RIP!
Re: US Country Music Singer Don Williams Dies! by elitejosef: 4:30am On Sep 09, 2017
RIP to the dead
Re: US Country Music Singer Don Williams Dies! by Tolexander: 4:57am On Sep 09, 2017
RIP Don!
***I believe in you***

1 Like

Re: US Country Music Singer Don Williams Dies! by apexJ(m): 5:09am On Sep 09, 2017
anoda legend gone......loved his songs

1 Like

Re: US Country Music Singer Don Williams Dies! by dennisworld1(m): 5:19am On Sep 09, 2017
A legend. Don RIP

1 Like

Re: US Country Music Singer Don Williams Dies! by Juliette05(f): 6:27am On Sep 09, 2017
cry
Re: US Country Music Singer Don Williams Dies! by lolaxavier(m): 7:31am On Sep 09, 2017
Sad...
The only singer that has won me over with all his songs. No wonder I have exactly 257 songs of his on my laptop which I get to listen to almost every time.
Thank you Don Williams for being a very strong part of my childhood. I will forever be your biggest fan.

Well, I dont believe that heaven waits
For only those who congregate
I'd like to think of God as love
He's down below
He's up above
He's watchin' people everywhere
He knows who does and doesn't care
And I'm an ordinary man
Sometimes I wonder who I am.

But I believe in love
I believe in music
I believe in magic
And I believe in you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Country Music Singer Don Williams Dies! by Google63(m): 8:48am On Sep 09, 2017
Till the rivers all run dry
Till the sun falls from the sky
Till life on earth is through
I'll be needing you

Thank you for the years of wonderful music... Rest in peace Don Williams

1 Like

Re: US Country Music Singer Don Williams Dies! by iykebest1(m): 9:10am On Sep 09, 2017
I believe in you. my favourite
RIP.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Download And Listen To AUNTY KEMI By Sixcorn Ft Haywhy Da Young Boss / The Making Of Oritsefemi Kelele Ft Olamide Official Video / Between Davido’s “FIA” And Tekno’s “MAMA” Ft. Wizkid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.