Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,442 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage (879 Views)

NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) / Festus Keyamo Trending After His Portfolio As State Minister Was Announced / Ekiti PDP Reps React To ‘sack’ Of Fayose As State Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by SHTFguy: 6:08am On Sep 09, 2017
Long before "one nijeriya" and the advent of air travel, how did northern Muslims get to go to mecca?

Aisha Buhari has been going to mecca twice yearly since she packed into Aso Rock and we all know who is picking up her bills.

But my concerns are not with Aisha wandering the gold bazaars of mecca in the guise of pilgrimage rather I will want to know in the scenario where northern Nigeria was not tied to the south and air travel did not exist, how will the Muslims be going to mecca?

There off course where Muslims who embarked on the long arduous journey to mecca back then and it was usually by foot or at best on the back of a camel.

Apart from the dangers associated with trekking, the muslim pilgrim had to factor huge logistics involved in trekking to allah's shrine.

Historical narratives have it that, just like early Christian pilgrimage to Jerusalem, (which Islam adopted like basically every other thing else in Islam), a would be pilgrim to mecca depended for his subsidence on the goodwill of people he will encounter on his way to mecca.

It was thus no easy endeavour. So what will be the fate of millions of northerners now if there was no air travel? Will they still embark on a year-long journey on foot braving the elements and wild to get to Mecca?

It's good enough that aid travel has been invented and is now the major means of transportation but why then is the Federal govt and states doling out subsidies for a religious venture that is not even obligatory?

Apart from subsidising air tickets and feeding of pilgrims the current FG even doled out a subsidy on forex for would be pilgrims at the direct detriment of other forex applicants. Is this not madness?

The case of govt even organising any useless pilgrimage must be rescinded and all govt boards setup for any useless pilgrimage excersice be it for musluns,or Christians or Sango must be discontinued asap!
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by Aonkuuse(m): 6:14am On Sep 09, 2017
frustration will kill people like you, pilgrimage started before hand. and if you see the money that was siphoned by the previous administration because of this same pilgrimage you are trying to paint buhari black is incredible. Hatred kills bro wake up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by SHTFguy: 6:17am On Sep 09, 2017
Aonkuuse:
frustration will kill people like you, pilgrimage started before hand. and if you see the money that was siphoned by the previous administration because of this same pilgrimage you are trying to paint buhari black is incredible. Hatred kills bro wake up

At no time did the FG offer subsidy on forex for pilgrims until the Boko ascended the throne.

Why should there be subsidy on forex for pilgrims but none for those seeking productive venture?

3 Likes

Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by SHTFguy: 6:18am On Sep 09, 2017
Aonkuuse:

Better start getting used to the fact that you will be trekking in the nearest future to mecca.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by Aonkuuse(m): 6:20am On Sep 09, 2017
SHTFguy:

At no time did the FG offer subsidy on forex for pilgrims until the Boko ascended the throne.

Why should there be subsidy on forex for pilgrims but none for those seeking productive venture?

then if you don't like it go and hug transformer. you people make cases out of nothing just for hatred. do you care to check the ones that went to Jerusalem?

1 Like

Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by Aonkuuse(m): 6:23am On Sep 09, 2017
SHTFguy:

Better start getting used to the fact that you will be trekking in the nearest future to mecca.
am not a Muslim. I am a Christian, born and brought up as a Christian. I will never dream of been a Muslim. but some of you reason out of hatred for one another because of religion, but I tell you bro it will continue to be the problem of Nigeria
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by SHTFguy: 6:24am On Sep 09, 2017
Aonkuuse:
then if you don't like it go and hug transformer. you people make cases out of nothing just for hatred. do you care to check the ones that went to Jerusalem?

No worry nah.

When you sell one pyramid of groundnut you can sponsor your people to mecca on camel's back.

1 Like

Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by SHTFguy: 6:31am On Sep 09, 2017
[s]
Aonkuuse:
am not a Muslim. I am a Christian, born and brought up as a Christian. I will never dream of been a Muslim. but some of you reason out of hatred for one another because of religion, but I tell you bro it will continue to be the problem of Nigeria
[/s]

Go and preach your one love story to Shekau

Keep deluding yourself that you can ever be accepted by Muslims.

If the Awusa Muslim has no problem killing, raping and pillaging his fellow northern Christian all because of religion, is it you born and bred kafirs of the south that they will respect?

How many northerners have you seen openly criticise this Buhari govt? But when a kafir was in power his greatest critics where southern idiots like you who will later settle for a bigoted illiterate from the north.

Keep deceiving your foolish selves that there can be any unity one you and your Muslim masters up north.

History and contemporary events exist from where you can see parallels of Islamic conquest and persecution of non Muslims but some how you think you exist in a different universe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by Aonkuuse(m): 6:35am On Sep 09, 2017
SHTFguy:
[s][/s]

Go and preach your one love story to Shekau

Keep deluding yourself that you can ever be accepted by Muslims.

If the Awusa Muslim has no problem killing, raping and pillaging his fellow northern Christian all because of religion, is it you born and bred kafirs of the south that they will respect?

How many northerners have you seen openly criticise this Buhari govt? But when a kafir was in power his greatest critics where southern idiots like you who will later settle for a bigoted illiterate from the north.

Keep deceiving your foolish selves that there can be any unity one you and your Muslim masters up north.

History and contemporary events exist from where you can see parallels of Islamic conquest and persecution of non Muslims but some how you think you exist in a different universe.

yes am proud of preaching peace, you too continue preaching violence. but my advice is stop poisoning the minds of some well meaning Nigerians. peace and violence pays nigga
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by surddick(m): 6:39am On Sep 09, 2017
there is no one painting buhari black cus he is black already i meant his skin, the op is jst asking the relevance of subsidising pilgrimage for ppu, who does that. Why are they jst enriching other countries, the last i heard its compulsory if u are capable not mandatory so why force it. This so called alhajis are jst by names notin to show in their actions.

2 Likes

Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by Kamelot77(m): 6:52am On Sep 09, 2017
SHTFguy:
Long before "one nijeriya" and the advent of air travel, how did northern Muslims get to go to mecca?

Aisha Buhari has been going to mecca twice yearly since she packed into Aso Rock and we all know who is picking up her bills.

But my concerns are not with Aisha wandering the gold bazaars of mecca in the guise of pilgrimage rather I will want to know in the scenario where northern Nigeria was not tied to the south and air travel did not exist, how will the Muslims be going to mecca?

There off course where Muslims who embarked on the long arduous journey to mecca back then and it was usually by foot or at best on the back of a camel.

Apart from the dangers associated with trekking, the muslim pilgrim had to factor huge logistics involved in trekking to allah's shrine.

Historical narratives have it that, just like early Christian pilgrimage to Jerusalem, (which Islam adopted like basically every other thing else in Islam), a would be pilgrim to mecca depended for his subsidence on the goodwill of people he will encounter on his way to mecca.

It was thus no easy endeavour. So what will be the fate of millions of northerners now if there was no air travel? Will they still embark on a year-long journey on foot braving the elements and wild to get to Mecca?

It's good enough that aid travel has been invented and is now the major means of transportation but why then is the Federal govt and states doling out subsidies for a religious venture that is not even obligatory?

Apart from subsidising air tickets and feeding of pilgrims the current FG even doled out a subsidy on forex for would be pilgrims at the direct detriment of other forex applicants. Is this not madness?

The case of govt even organising any useless pilgrimage must be rescinded and all govt boards setup for any useless pilgrimage excersice be it for musluns,or Christians or Sango must be discontinued asap!

Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by SHTFguy: 6:56am On Sep 09, 2017
Aonkuuse:
yes am proud of preaching peace, you too continue preaching violence. but my advice is stop poisoning the minds of some well meaning Nigerians. peace and violence pays nigga

So speaking truth is now inciting violence?

Where did you see me inciting violence?

So we should side-step the foolishness and barbarism of the north as one will avoid an autistic bully in class for there to be "peace".

Which useless peace are you preaching to me? Why not go and preach your peaceful message to the Islamic terrorists running amock in the north.

Typified cowardly southerner

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by SHTFguy: 6:57am On Sep 09, 2017
[quote author=Kamelot77 post=60274664][/quote]

Meme magic won't serve you here
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by clevadani: 6:57am On Sep 09, 2017
Aonkuuse:
You made zero sense.
The op is simply trying to rationalize d idea behind sponsoring pilgrimages that has no impact on our economy and you are talking about hate for Buhari. How does the point you just made correlate to the op's assertion?

2 Likes

Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by SHTFguy: 7:01am On Sep 09, 2017
surddick:
there is no one painting buhari black cus he is black already i meant his skin, the op is jst asking the relevance of subsidising pilgrimage for ppu, who does that. Why are they jst enriching other countries, the last i heard its compulsory if u are capable not mandatory so why force it. This so called alhajis are jst by names notin to show in their actions.

Abeg help me interpret my question in the language of the resident zombie morons
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by Kbanka: 7:17am On Sep 09, 2017
The nation won't stop it's prayers because of yu. These same subsidies are applicable to christian pilgrims in this country. Why is it now an issue?

The govt wants to put a stop to our attitude of importing everything into this country while exporting only oil. Add that to forex shortage currently at hand, subtract hate in yr mind, and I'm sure better work will fall on yu.

Otherwise
OP, yr levels of hate causes heart attack oh
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by Kbanka: 7:18am On Sep 09, 2017
SHTFguy:

Is there something wrong with trekking to Mecca?
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by tsdarkside(m): 7:19am On Sep 09, 2017
sooo,going to church is not waste too??..
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by SHTFguy: 7:34am On Sep 09, 2017
[s]
Kbanka:
The nation won't stop it's prayers because of yu. These same subsidies are applicable to christian pilgrims in this country. Why is it now an issue?

The govt wants to put a stop to our attitude of importing everything into this country while exporting only oil. Add that to forex shortage currently at hand, subtract hate in yr mind, and I'm sure better work will fall on yu.

Otherwise
OP, yr levels of hate causes heart attack oh
[/s]

All useless pagan shrine expeditions should be paid fully by would be adherents.

Similarly, I also called for the scraping of the Nigerian Christian pilgrims board which was created by Obasanjo.

The NCP is the reason Muslims can open their trashy mouth and defend this useless waste of scarce funds.

State sponsored and subsidy of Muslim pilgrims pre-dates that of Christian pilgrimage subsidies which began in the early 2000's while the Federal govt has been sponsoring Muslims since 1975!
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by Caseless: 8:09am On Sep 09, 2017
Only muslims go for a state sponsored pilgrimage right?

I hate it when bigots come with good thread but lace it with prejudice and lies.

It's wrong for the government to sponsor people on pilgrimage, but don't make it seem as if only muslims benefit from that.

And PDP promoted that even more. Who has buhari sponsored on pilgrimage?
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by Caseless: 8:23am On Sep 09, 2017
SHTFguy:
[s][/s]

All useless pagan shrine expeditions should be paid fully by would be adherents.

Similarly, I also called for the scraping of the Nigerian Christian pilgrims board which was created by Obasanjo.

The NCP is the reason Muslims can open their trashy mouth and defend this useless waste of scarce funds.

State sponsored and subsidy of Muslim pilgrims pre-dates that of Christian pilgrimage subsidies which began in the early 2000's while the Federal govt has been sponsoring Muslims since 1975!
the pagans should come out and ask for their own in the spirit of fairness .

As for the creation of the Christian pilgrims board , Christians are always in competition with Muslims over some practices even as theirs have no scriptural backings, hence , the creation of the agency.

I do not support state sponsored pilgrimage, but don't make it seem as if Christians in are not beneficiaries. Irrespective OOF when they started benefiting , Christians are guilty as well.
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by SHTFguy: 8:29am On Sep 09, 2017
Caseless:
the pagans should come out and ask for their own in the spirit of fairness .

As for the creation of the Christian pilgrims board , Christians are always in competition with Muslims over some practices even as theirs have no scriptural backings, hence , the creation of the agency.

I do not support state sponsored pilgrimage, but don't make it seem as if Christians in are not beneficiaries. Irrespective OOF when they started benefiting , Christians are guilty as well.

Don't be Senseless.

Christian pilgrimages to jerusalem existed long before mohammed and your Islam.

Jews did their own holy pilgrims to Jerusalem to partake in the feast of the passover.

Christian pilgrimages were never obligatory and where a personal sacrifice usually tracing back the routes taken by Paul and Peter.

As typical with you plagiarising and ever thieving Muslims, you will be claiming credit for something that your prophet copied (and badly so) from others.
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by Reminez(m): 8:36am On Sep 09, 2017
This should have been a very beautiful thread but you laced it with ethnic and religious bigotries. Too bad !! When good threads as this are laced with primitive sentiments, you only end up forcing people to take positions in defending their religions and tribes.
The OP should get back to the drawing board because his deviously fashioned hate message would not fly.

That said, no sane government should have a hand in any religious issue. Nigeria would continue to remain a laughing stock amongst her peers if we continue to toe this path of wastefulness .
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by Caseless: 8:55am On Sep 09, 2017
SHTFguy:

Don't be Senseless.

Christian pilgrimages to jerusalem existed long before mohammed and your Islam.

Jews did their own holy pilgrims to Jerusalem to partake in the feast of the passover.

Christian pilgrimages were never obligatory and where a personal sacrifice usually tracing back the routes taken by Paul and Peter.

As typical with you plagiarising and ever thieving Muslims, you will be claiming credit for something that your prophet copied (and badly so) from others.
you're a myopic dunderhead. Why did I even reply on a thread opened by a bigoted asinine ?

Christians are now jews?
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by Caseless: 8:58am On Sep 09, 2017
Reminez:
This should have been a very beautiful thread but you laced it with ethnic and religious bigotries. Too bad !! When good threads as this are laced with primitive sentiments, you only end up forcing people to take positions in defending their religions and tribes.
The OP should get back to the drawing board because his deviously fashioned hate message would not fly.

That said, no sane government should have a hand in any religious issue. Nigeria would continue to remain a laughing stock amongst her peers if we continue to toe this path of wastefulness .
that's what I'm telling that ass-wipe . No one is supporting the government doing that, but the blame should be across board and not a tilted one like that imp is spreading.
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by AkProsper(m): 8:59am On Sep 09, 2017
I was here. . . . . . . . . . check my signature⬇⬇⬇
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by SHTFguy: 9:34am On Sep 09, 2017
Caseless:
that's what I'm telling that ass-wipe . No one is supporting the government doing that, but the blame should be across board and not a tilted one like that imp is spreading.
Reminez:

Listen here and listen good...

I had to showcase how Islamic pilgrimage was not within the means of your average ab0ki prior to both the free oil money and invention of air travel.

A journey that will take up to a year to and fro by foot or camel was not something your average northerner could afford physically and/or financially.

But with the oil windfalls during the 70's the Federal Govt began subsidizing Nigerian muslims to embark on hajj.

How can you explain the frivilorities of Aisha going to Mecca at least twice a year since she became First Hajiya?

Could she be able to afford traveling to Mecca twice a year?

The muslim pilgrim subsidy must stop as this is another scam northerners use to fleece the nation dry as there is high level corruption that permeates the entire scheme
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by SHTFguy: 9:42am On Sep 09, 2017
As usual the useless muslm liars have flooded this thread with their fallacies by drawing analogies with the Nigerian Christian Pilgrimage scheme as well.

But how can you compare what was set-up in 2007 (NCPC) to what has been in existence since 1975!

Haba!
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:38am On Sep 09, 2017
[s]
SHTFguy:

Listen here and listen good...

I had to showcase how Islamic pilgrimage was not within the means of your average ab0ki prior to both the free oil money and invention of air travel.

A journey that will take up to a year to and fro by foot or camel was not something your average northerner could afford physically and/or financially.

But with the oil windfalls during the 70's the Federal Govt began subsidizing Nigerian muslims to embark on hajj.

How can you explain the frivilorities of Aisha going to Mecca at least twice a year since she became First Hajiya?

Could she be able to afford traveling to Mecca twice a year?

The muslim pilgrim subsidy must stop as this is another scam northerners use to fleece the nation dry as there is high level corruption that permeates the entire scheme
SHTFguy:
As usual the useless muslm liars have flooded this thread with their fallacies by drawing analogies with the Nigerian Christian Pilgrimage scheme as well.

But how can you compare what was set-up in 2007 (NCPC) to what has been in existence since 1975!

Haba!

[/s]
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:42am On Sep 09, 2017
SHTFguy:
Long before "one nijeriya" and the advent of air travel, how did northern Muslims get to go to mecca Makkah ?

But my concerns are not with Aisha wandering the gold bazaars of mecca in the guise of pilgrimage rather I will want to know in the scenario where northern Nigeria was not tied to the south and air travel did not exist, how will the Muslims be going to mecca
Makkah ?

Historical narratives have it that, just like early Christian pilgrimage to Jerusalem, ([s]which Islam adopted like basically every other thing else in Islam), [/s]a would be pilgrim to mecca Makkah depended for his subsidence on the goodwill of people he will encounter on his way to mecca.

The case of govt even organising any useless pilgrimage must be rescinded and all govt boards setup for any useless pilgrimage excersice be it for musluns Muslims,or Christians or Sango must be discontinued asap!
Re: The Criminal Waste Of Resources Known As State Sponsored Pilgrimage by SHTFguy: 10:57am On Sep 09, 2017
IdisuleOurOwn:

we will restructure this country or break it up - it is your choice but one thing is certain and that is you will have to farm pyramids of groundnuts before embarking on any useless pilgrimage.

No more free oyel money

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: UPP Guber Candidat Osita Chidoka Officially Flags Of Campaign In Anambra / The British Did Not Capture Oba Ovaramwen (photo Proof) / Buhari's Government Begged Maina To Join 'change Agenda' — Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.