Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,706 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Questions That Can Help You Build Self Confidence - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Questions That Can Help You Build Self Confidence (986 Views)

"How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Highly Profitable Talents And How They Work / Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Questions That Can Help You Build Self Confidence by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 09, 2017
4 Questions That Can Help You Build Self Confidence
By Johnspeak Uwangue (Motivational Speaker, Talent and Life Coach)

While in my fourth year in the University, I decided to start a Motivational/entrepreneurship radio program. After doing a feasibility study of the cost and other requirements I discovered that the cost most especially was way beyond my capacity. Mind you, I was just a young guy seeking for a platform to share with people for free the few knowledge and insights I had to motivate and give direction to those who cared to listen. As I was about giving up the dream, an idea hit me "why not write a proposal to the various radio stations and see if any of them will give you an opportunity at least for a month", without wasting time, I wrote the proposals and was about submitting them when fear came.

I was just a newbie in the industry with no experience, certification or experience and young too. I asked myself these questions and after providing answers to them, I became confident and met with the Managing Director of one of the radio stations in Benin city and to shorten the long story, I ended up getting the opportunity to air my program for more than one year without paying a dime all because I was able to overcome my fears and build confidence.
All thanks to God, Barrister Tunde Ebozojie (MD, EBS Benin city) and of course the tips that I'm about to share with you now.

Confidence is one of the greatest weapons of success. It exceeds the weapon of knowledge. A knowledgeable and talented person without confidence is like an Ak47 gun without a trigger. I have seen talented and skilled people who are still at the bottom just because they lack the confidence to tell the world of what they have and know.
Please permit me to share with you just four questions that I strongly believe can help you overcome fear and build confidence.

- What's Your Motive?
Your motive towards a thing will determine if you will be confident or not. Can you imagine giving something to someone that has the ability to solve his or her problem and be fearful? No! Before pitching or approaching someone or organization with either a proposal or idea, I first above all things check my motive.
What's your reason for wanting to do what you are about to do? Check your motives because if your motives aligns with the principles or beliefs of the other person, you will sure be confident and confidence will increase your chances of winning.

- Who Do You Know?
I know this statement has been associated with corruption in Africa, but its not. A young lady who had failed so many times in getting admission into a university despite meeting the cut off mark, went to her Pastor for Counselling or possibly to be delivered from the devil working against her. After meeting with her Pastor and expecting him to start casting and binding, he didn't. Rather, he collected her document containing her details and told her to go home. She got angry in her mind and went home because she was expecting her Pastor to give her scriptures for a seven night fire for fire prayer. Some weeks later, the vice chancellor of the University released his own admission list and her name was among the six names on the list. Some of the things we struggle for could be gotten cheaply if only we know someone.
Can you imagine yourself bribing a secretary of a company when your friend is the managing director of the company? No! You won't. Every person you meet on your day to day life should be taken seriously because you never can tell when you will need them.

- What Do You Know?
Confidence can make people think you are knowledgeable until they test you. As a talent entrepreneurs, you need to have developed your talent to an a particular height otherwise you will be thrown out when people see your ignorance. What you know is what will determine how far you will go. No matter how expensive you are dressed, it is what you know that will prove people right or wrong about you.

Have You Been Certified?
I decided to make this the last because I know that many people who started reading this piece won't finish reading it. To be certified is to get a thumb up for what you do. For instance, it's not possible to still be scared of taking a novel of yours public after you have gotten a thumb up from an award winning novelist like Professor Wole Soyinka. This tip is an easy way to build confidence. I use this tip a lot before approaching a knowledgeable individual or a reputable organization for a pitch. Get certified for your project by a respected authority and watch how confident you will be.

Succeed You Must!

(c) Johnspeak Uwangue
Motivational Speaker, Talent and Life Coach

Cc Lalasticlala mynd44
#motivation #success #confidence #Grace #Talent

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Questions That Can Help You Build Self Confidence by correctguy101(m): 6:43am On Sep 09, 2017
nice piece I must say. Can I send you a mail?

1 Like

Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Questions That Can Help You Build Self Confidence by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 09, 2017
correctguy101:
nice piece I must say. Can I send you a mail?

Thanks
Please send your email to Johnspeaklife@gmail.com
Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Questions That Can Help You Build Self Confidence by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2017
JohnspeakU:

While in my fourth year in the University, I decided to start a Motivational/entrepreneurship radio program. After doing a feasibility study of the cost and other requirements I discovered that the cost most especially was way beyond my capacity. Mind you, I was just a young guy seeking for a platform to share with people for free the few knowledge and insights I had to motivate and give direction to those who cared to listen. As I was about giving up the dream, an idea hit me "why not write a proposal to the various radio stations and see if any of them will give you an opportunity at least for a month", without wasting time, I wrote the proposals and was about submitting them when fear came.

I was just a newbie in the industry with no experience, certification or experience and young too. I asked myself these questions and after providing answers to them, I became confident and met with the Managing Director of one of the radio stations in Benin city and to shorten the long story, I ended up getting the opportunity to air my program for more than one year without paying a dime all because I was able to overcome my fears and build confidence.
All thanks to God, Barrister Tunde Ebozojie (MD, EBS Benin city) and of course the tips that I'm about to share with you now.

Confidence is one of the greatest weapons of success. It exceeds the weapon of knowledge. A knowledgeable and talented person without confidence is like an Ak47 gun without a trigger. I have seen talented and skilled people who are still at the bottom just because they lack the confidence to tell the world of what they have and know.
Please permit me to share with you just four questions that I strongly believe can help you overcome fear and build confidence.

- What's Your Motive?
Your motive towards a thing will determine if you will be confident or not. Can you imagine giving something to someone that has the ability to solve his or her problem and be fearful? No! Before pitching or approaching someone or organization with either a proposal or idea, I first above all things check my motive.
What's your reason for wanting to do what you are about to do? Check your motives because if your motives aligns with the principles or beliefs of the other person, you will sure be confident and confidence will increase your chances of winning.

- Who Do You Know?
I know this statement has been associated with corruption in Africa, but its not. A young lady who had failed so many times in getting admission into a university despite meeting the cut off mark, went to her Pastor for Counselling or possibly to be delivered from the devil working against her. After meeting with her Pastor and expecting him to start casting and binding, he didn't. Rather, he collected her document containing her details and told her to go home. She got angry in her mind and went home because she was expecting her Pastor to give her scriptures for a seven night fire for fire prayer. Some weeks later, the vice chancellor of the University released his own admission list and her name was among the six names on the list. Some of the things we struggle for could be gotten cheaply if only we know someone.
Can you imagine yourself bribing a secretary of a company when your friend is the managing director of the company? No! You won't. Every person you meet on your day to day life should be taken seriously because you never can tell when you will need them.

- What Do You Know?
Confidence can make people think you are knowledgeable until they test you. As a talent entrepreneurs, you need to have developed your talent to an a particular height otherwise you will be thrown out when people see your ignorance. What you know is what will determine how far you will go. No matter how expensive you are dressed, it is what you know that will prove people right or wrong about you.

Have You Been Certified?
I decided to make this the last because I know that many people who started reading this piece won't finish reading it. To be certified is to get a thumb up for what you do. For instance, it's not possible to still be scared of taking a novel of yours public after you have gotten a thumb up from an award winning novelist like Professor Wole Soyinka. This tip is an easy way to build confidence. I use this tip a lot before approaching a knowledgeable individual or a reputable organization for a pitch. Get certified for your project by a respected authority and watch how confident you will be.

Succeed You Must!

(c) Johnspeak Uwangue

Cc Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun

Seun Lalasticlala obinoscopy mynd44
Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Questions That Can Help You Build Self Confidence by paymentvoucher: 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2017
Nice One
Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Questions That Can Help You Build Self Confidence by AfricaGotTalent: 4:55pm On Sep 10, 2017
JohnspeakU:

- What's Your Motive?

- Who Do You Know?

- What Do You Know?

Have You Been Certified?

Succeed You Must!

(c) Johnspeak Uwangue

Cc Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun

Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun
Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Questions That Can Help You Build Self Confidence by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 11, 2017
JohnspeakU:

- What's Your Motive?

- Who Do You Know?

- What Do You Know?

Have You Been Certified?

Succeed You Must!

(c) Johnspeak Uwangue

Cc Lalasticlala mynd44

Lalasticlala
Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Questions That Can Help You Build Self Confidence by calculator123(m): 1:31pm On Sep 11, 2017
Thumbs up..we need educative articles like this not those trailer load of bull shit we see regularly on FP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Questions That Can Help You Build Self Confidence by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 11, 2017
calculator123:
Thumbs up..we need educative articles like this not those trailer load of bull shit we see regularly on FP.

Thanks for the compliments.

Lalasticlala 1forall obinoscopy

(1) (Reply)

Finding Jobs In Canada / How To Be Mentally Strong. / How you can reshape the Destiny of your business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.