Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Inside Story Of How Yar’adua Was Smuggled In - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inside Story Of How Yar’adua Was Smuggled In (1811 Views)

How Yar’adua Stopped Dangote From Buying Nigeria’s Refineries – Obasanjo / How Yar’adua Made Link Bridge Possible —fashola / How Yar’adua Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inside Story Of How Yar’adua Was Smuggled In by routik(m): 5:30pm On Feb 25, 2010
The true story of how ailing president Umaru Musa Yar’Adua was smuggled into the country in the wee hours of Wednesday have emerged.
Daily Sun authoritatively gathered that the plot was hatched by a top security chief in the presidency who co-opted a foremost army top shot as well as some kitchen cabinet members of the ailing president.

Presidential sources told Daily Sun that Acting President Goodluck Jonathan was kept completely in the dark about the whole plot, as the security chief went about doing his duties in the villa and pretending to be loyal to the acting president and acting as if all was well. Also kept in the dark about the plot were the majority of the service chiefs because as the Daily Sun source puts it “the security chief does not like cannot vouch for their loyalty in this kind of operation.”

The security chief was said to have found the kind of trust he was looking for an Army top brass who mobilized his soldiers to mount security at the airport while the operation lasted.
Daily Sun gathered that the plot to smuggle the ailing president into the country by the inner caucus members of President Yar’Adua began to emerge sometime last week when the Saudi authorities began to develop fears as Yar’Adua’s condition was said to have got worse by the day.
Sources also hinted that some world leaders who had expressed displeasure with the Saudi government over their refusal to allow Nigerians access to their number one citizen, had told the King Fahd AbdulAziz that Saudi Arabia would be held responsible should the Nigerian president die in his country.

As the pressure mounted, the Saudi authorities then got in touch with the president’s security officials and informed them of the need to fly the ailing president back to Nigeria.
A deadline was said to have been given for the return journey. After a careful thought, the security chief contacted the army top shot who in turn directed the presidential guards to be on standby for the operation.

The guards are charged with the responsibility of providing security for the president, his immediate family and other important dignitaries. They are also expected to provide security for the acting president and his immediate family.

Daily Sun gathered that as Acting President, Dr. Jonathan was supposed to be in the know when a large deployment of troops to keep security at the airport was being made, but he was kept in the dark as the presidential guards were deployed to the airport for Yar’Adua’s return.

To ensure that the soldiers did not leak the top secret operation to anyone, the authorities dispossessed them of their mobile phone handsets, switched them off and kept them at the brigade headquarters in Abuja. With that, the soldiers were unable to make contact with anybody.

For those of you looking for source
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2010/feb/25/newsbreak-25-02-2010-001.htm
Re: Inside Story Of How Yar’adua Was Smuggled In by RichDad1(m): 6:12pm On Feb 25, 2010
i got to know this tuesday evening but d ecided to keep and see how things unfold.this just the beggining,just dont be suprised the man is buried before the truth will emerge.
Re: Inside Story Of How Yar’adua Was Smuggled In by princekevo(m): 7:45pm On Feb 25, 2010
The true story of how ailing president Umaru Musa Yar’Adua was smuggled into the country in the wee hours of Wednesday have emerged.

Lol,  so our president has turned to contraband that they had to smuggle him in. Sooner or later all this hidden agenda shall be made open.

1 Like

Re: Inside Story Of How Yar’adua Was Smuggled In by Fhemmmy: 7:49pm On Feb 25, 2010
Getting more interesting by the day
Re: Inside Story Of How Yar’adua Was Smuggled In by iwefactria: 7:52pm On Feb 25, 2010
which hidden agenda again?if the man is Alright i mean hale and hearty what is the need for air ambulance again their game is up and i pity this yeye firstlady  last-lady she prefer to lose the husband and have the power.But i know one thing for sure we need action from Acting president
Re: Inside Story Of How Yar’adua Was Smuggled In by Fhemmmy: 7:56pm On Feb 25, 2010
iwefactria:

which hidden agenda again?if the man is Alright i mean hale and hearty what is the need for air ambulance again their game is up and i pity this yeye firstlady  last-lady she prefer to lose the husband and have the power.But i know one thing for sure we need action from Acting president

So would he act?
Re: Inside Story Of How Yar’adua Was Smuggled In by hatch: 7:56pm On Feb 25, 2010
Let the dead bury their dead .while we alive move on.
Re: Inside Story Of How Yar’adua Was Smuggled In by Fhemmmy: 7:57pm On Feb 25, 2010
hatch#:

Let the dead bury their dead .while we alive move on.

What if the dead is being buried with the keys to the living's treasures ?
Re: Inside Story Of How Yar’adua Was Smuggled In by ib612(m): 7:58pm On Feb 25, 2010
At this point in time, a good decision making is necessary on the part of the Acting President.

If he fails to take control of the military and change the present security arrangements as well as the ministers, he'll end up in a very bad situation where his order on instruction will not hold any substance.
Re: Inside Story Of How Yar’adua Was Smuggled In by Fhemmmy: 7:59pm On Feb 25, 2010
ib612:

At this point in time, a good decision making is necessary on the part of the Acting President.

If he fails to take control of the military and change the present security arrangements as well as the ministers, he'll end up in a very bad situation where his order on instruction will not hold any substance.

My point exactly
Re: Inside Story Of How Yar’adua Was Smuggled In by princekevo(m): 8:05pm On Feb 25, 2010
iwefactria:

That is why we are calling for him to wake up, use his acting power to lobby the NAAS into impeaching the sick man. The guy is becoming to slow for my liking. If turai can have control and loyalty of some FEC members from Saudi. How come our VP, now the acting cannot even have the loyalty of 2/3 of  the FEC he has worked with for 3months now. I cant imagine the president being smuggled in the country without even his conscent. Man it amazes me and don't want to believe the news yet until i really confirm it.
Re: Inside Story Of How Yar’adua Was Smuggled In by Gekko(m): 8:21pm On Feb 25, 2010
ib612:

some of you folks are asking too much from a guy who never had any ambitions for becoming the president, he is not built for this. I bet he is learning on the job as we speak, he has no military experience, he is not a lawyer, never campaigned for office, has limited experience in aso rock i can go on and on. I suggest you manage your expectations and save yourself from hypertension.
Re: Inside Story Of How Yar’adua Was Smuggled In by Fhemmmy: 8:23pm On Feb 25, 2010
Gekko:

some of you folks are asking too much from a guy who never had any ambitions for becoming the president, he is not built for this. I bet he is learning on the job as we speak, he has no military experience, he is not a lawyer, never campaigned for office, has limited experience in aso rock i can go on and on. I suggest you manage your expectations and save yourself from hypertension.

But i am sure he knows how to sign a letter of resignation
Re: Inside Story Of How Yar’adua Was Smuggled In by keyremotes(m): 10:54pm On Feb 25, 2010
Diepreye Alams was smuggled into Nigeria in the wee hours of the morning.
And Jonathan became governor.

Yar Adua is smuggled in the same way.
Who will be president soon?

Answer: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. grin
Re: Inside Story Of How Yar’adua Was Smuggled In by paddylo1(m): 4:27am On Feb 26, 2010
Diepreye Alams was smuggled into Nigeria in the wee hours of the morning.
And Jonathan became governor.

Yar Adua is smuggled in the same way.
Who will be president soon?

Answer:

Frankly what u said above is most pertinent

A lot of u cricticize jonathan,but if u believe in God or any higher design or whatever,u will see that he is the right man at the right place in history
someone else as VP may actually have made the situation worse

they say revenge is best served cold,what is the use of initial gra gra,if u easily burn/fissile out

its better to take your time and consolidate yourself,especially if u have not broken anylaw

we need to stop this emphasis on strong men ruling Nigeria
what we actually need is simple men like jonathan
ever seen the president of india or brazil(lula),even our own raji fashola or ribadu

these are very simple men,with a laser like focus on good governance and making their subjects life better
Re: Inside Story Of How Yar’adua Was Smuggled In by stupidmod3: 11:32am On Jun 23, 2021
greatness died, a slowpoke took over

(1) (Reply)

Michelle Obama Shuns Patience Jonathan In New York. / For Those Who Are Recruited For Inec Registration. / How Do I Delete My Nairaland Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.