Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,115 members, 7,860,029 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:42 AM

1.1 Million Vs 150,000 Per Session - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 1.1 Million Vs 150,000 Per Session (365 Views)

ASUU Reacts To Parents’ Proposal To Pay N10,000 Per Session To End Strike / Secondary School Lesson Notes: 100 Naira, Per Subject, Per Session. / We Pay Less Than 600K Per Session In My Private University + Hostel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

1.1 Million Vs 150,000 Per Session by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 09, 2017
Imagine your parent paying 1.1 million per session in a private university only to graduate and compete in the labour market with someone whose parent had spent only 150,000 per session at a Public University. I have always said this, if you are not going to Harvard, Oxford or other elite universities of the western world then you are wasting time spending so much money in a private university in Nigeria.

Our Educational system is so dysfunctional that I can't waste millions of Naira on my child university fees in Nigeria. I can't stand the sight of him/her staying at home for years after spending so much money on his fees, if i am spending so much on his fees alone then i need to get a guaranty from the university that my child will be given automatic employment after graduation.

I think most parents in Nigeria think that sending their wards to private university will make them a better graduate or give them more opportunity in the labour market,let the truth be told,the labour market of Nigeria is brutal and have sent lot of “i want to change Nigeria” foreign graduates packing talk less of your private university graduate sons and daughters.

I know too many parents who had spent a lot of cash on their ward educations only for their ward to be at home, lets forget the entrepreneurial slogans, entrepreneurship isn’t for everyone but for risk takers.

The most painful situation is to see someone whose parent didn’t spend much on his education getting that job you always wished for while you, after spending a lot of money in getting that degree is still at home.

The labour market is crowded and it doesn’t care if you finished from Covenant, Bowen or Unilag, what it cares about is what skills can you offer and who you know.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Govt. Meeting With Universities’ Non-academic Workers’ Unions Botched / First Degree- Civil Engineering & Masters - Materials Science & Engineering / How To Get Admission Into The University Without JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.