Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

My Olx Experience Recently - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Olx Experience Recently (779 Views)

OLX Nigeria Changes Its Website Outlook, Whats You Take? Pics / Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX / OLX Shuts Down Office In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Olx Experience Recently by kestino(m): 6:04pm On Sep 09, 2017
like the slogan says "SELL IT" thats what i did o, i had an old black berry phone and decided to sell, after posting i got a call from a buyer and we agreed to meet at a place abit far from my location the next day.
next day i got there before him and called his number he said he is close by that i should wait a little cos of rain, i waited for 1h 30mins no sign of him i called his number switched off, my mind was like "am dead today" i tried till it was back on and he begged me to meet another place that he will pay the tfare, i was relunctant but i need the money so i went under d rain reaching there i paid the bikeman wit my last cash i called the guy bt number was off for like 20mins, i was thinking how to trek frm d village bck 2 d lst place then back to my place, omo my body vibrated due to cold & anger, i called again and it went, d guy came out and was pleading, i just took d money and my sim including my tfare "very important o" i took bike back to 1st place den bus to my hux under rain.
share urs
Re: My Olx Experience Recently by greatnaija01: 6:14pm On Sep 09, 2017
I wanted to buy a TAB TECNO G9 and i saw one close on OLX at yaba close to UNILAG so I sent my bae to pick it up for me... as wise as my bae is, she stopped at the Police check point to make the call to the NUMBER... but she didnt put the phone to her ear because she was using a BLUETOOTH earpiece... and the guy picked and she saw the guy BUT something was odd SO she replied him saying she was in a BUS heading to unilag main gate and the guy replied that he was at HOME on his way....

NOW SHE CONFIRMED that something was OFF... So she waited and watched and found out the guy had a PACK of 6 other ROUGH LOOKING dudes of which on of them was holding the neat TAB, and they brought a car, tho the olx seller was sitting on d boot trying to call her... then she decided to silence her phone and walk pass... ONLY for her to get close and heard them arguing that they didnt bring the drugs for drugging the victim cos police check point was close by... she quickly turned back in the SHOCK and hastily got back to the check point... while trying to speak to a police woman about her ordeal... the driver zoomed OFF leaving the others in SHOCK and confusion... the tab fell and screen broke and the driver called one of them to take off that they have been exposed. so they fled and till today that number is no longer going thru,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Olx Experience Recently by kestino(m): 6:31pm On Sep 09, 2017
SHE WAS REALLY LUCKY O
Re: My Olx Experience Recently by Godmother(f): 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2017
greatnaija01:
I wanted to buy a TAB TECNO G9 and i saw one close on OLX at yaba close to UNILAG so I sent my bae to pick it up for me... as wise as my bae is, she stopped at the Police check point to make the call to the NUMBER... but she didnt put the phone to her ear because she was using a BLUETOOTH earpiece... and the guy picked and she saw the guy BUT something was odd SO she replied him saying she was in a BUS heading to unilag main gate and the guy replied that he was at HOME on his way....

NOW SHE CONFIRMED that something was OFF... So she waited and watched and found out the guy had a PACK of 6 other ROUGH LOOKING dudes of which on of them was holding the neat TAB, and they brought a car, tho the olx seller was sitting on d boot trying to call her... then she decided to silence her phone and walk pass... ONLY for her to get close and heard them arguing that they didnt bring the drugs for drugging the victim cos police check point was close by... she quickly turned back in the SHOCK and hastily got back to the check point... while trying to speak to a police woman about her ordeal... the driver zoomed OFF leaving the others in SHOCK and confusion... the tab fell and screen broke and the driver called one of them to take off that they have been exposed. so they fled and till today that number is no longer going thru,

Hmmm, if this is real then your girl is really smart o.

4 Likes

Re: My Olx Experience Recently by stacyadams: 11:27pm On Sep 09, 2017
grin grin jonsing people full olx,,,them go call,price and book appiontment then disappear...na so one call me say em wan buy my item..we schedule to meet at eco hotel..meanwhile na from mainland i dey come..as i suffer traffic finish reach dere,,order one borrle wey dem dey sell 1600 and i no check price..called the guy he answered and said em dey road,,na so i begin call again e no answer..i don dey dere reach 6.30pm come comot there na so e call begin apologise...we come reschedule the next day after e delay again..come later bring money ,,na dat day i know say people get different jonsin spirits.. grin no just carry yur last money for pocket go sell ur item widout back up
Re: My Olx Experience Recently by Pixeldesign: 12:03am On Sep 10, 2017
Hmm OLX...
A person can only know himself or herself but can't predict others.
I have sold quite a lot of things on olx and I have been very fair with dealing with people on my own right.
But don't expect others be fair with you.
Two case:
Case 1.
I received a call for an item and we agreed to meet at Ikeja, only for me to get to bus stop, gave her a call then she said if I could make it down to lawanson becos she couldn't make it to Ikeja again.
I made it to lawanson, called her phone, switched off, I tried for 20min before I decided to head back home. It was when I got to oshodi that she later switched on her phone and picked it up and started giving excuses.

Case 2.
Thanks to the first experience I became more cautious. I received a call from an Airtel number, the strange thing about the call was that my truecaller app recognized the number as "fake buyer". But I picked the call non the less, it was a lady, she asked about the phone and how we could meet, then we agreed 4pm. I was at the comfort of my home all through till around 3:30pm ( yesterday case has taught me lesson)... So I called her around 3:30pm to ask her about the phone and if she was interested, lo and behold, I was being told, "The number you are calling is not available on the Airtel network"... I laughed at first then tried again and again, before fear started to grip me as to the strangeness of it.

One has to be very careful.

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A TSTV Product Dealer, Installer In Nigeria / $500million World Bank Loan For Empowering The Poor – Finance Ministry / Innoson Chukwuma: The Politics Of Innoson/GTB/EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.