Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Glo Customers Lament Network Shutdown As Service Disruption Enters Second Week - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Customers Lament Network Shutdown As Service Disruption Enters Second Week (688 Views)

Insecurity: Telecom Giant MTN Warns Nigerians Of Service Disruption / Glo Customers Lament Over Multiple SMS Charges And Charge For Non-existent Calls / Airtel Salah Day Internet Disruption, Internet Users React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Customers Lament Network Shutdown As Service Disruption Enters Second Week by dammy13(m): 8:38am On Sep 10, 2017
​Residents of Abuja, the capital city of Nigeria, are currently lamenting the continuous shutdown of globacom network as subscribers are unable to reach their families, friends and business partners via their mobile lines.

Fabinfos reports that the service shutdown affecting chiefly the Bwari Area Council of Abuja has made subscribers in Dutse Alhaji, Ushafa, Bwari , Usuma Dam, Kubwa, Dawaki and some part of Gwarinpa to lament the continuous network shutdown without explanation or apologies from the service providers.

Speaking with Fabinfos, a subscriber at Dutse Alhaji, Mr Emmanuel Chukwuka described the situation as embarrassing and unbearable. He said, ‘’ Can you imagine that for complete one week, I’m unable to use my Glo line. Unfortunately, this line is what I use for my business. Customers cannot reach me, my family members cannot reach me. It’s highly embarrassing and very unfortunate,’’ he said, lamenting that he had called the customer service on 121 but could not get a satisfactory response.

Similarly, another subscriber in Ushafa, Mrs Josephine Abah said, ‘’This service disruption is almost the trademark of Globacom. This is the 4th time we are experiencing the development in this part of Abuja. But whenever you call their customer service unit, they will provide no explanation. Different agents will attend to you with similar questions, but will provide no further explanation as to why there is a network shutdown. It’s a shame that in this 21st century, a network provider could shut down for one full week, not minding how their customers feel.’’

Mr Usman Aliu, a resident of Kubwa said with the development, the best thing is to swap with another mobile line, but lamented that it’s difficult to just drop a mobile line known by majority of people whom one deals with. ‘’ In this situation, the best thing is to just swap. But how do you swap a line you are known with? We can only take such a decision when it becomes obvious that the network providers can no longer help the situation,’’ he said.

Queen Okoro, a resident of Bwari threatened to throw her sim-card away. ‘’ By Monday, I will throw this sim card out of my phone. I’m tired of this line.’’

When Fabinfos contacted Glo customer care service on 121, no explanation could be provided on the network shutdown as a customer care representative told our Correspondent that queries would be forwarded to their technical unit for further action. The representative assured that network would be restored in the next 24 hours.

But 98 hours, our Correspondent was told that the situation has remained the same, even as many subscribers have now gotten alternative mobile lines in case of emergency and for internet browsing.

When Fabinfos contacted the customer care service for the second time for complaints and to confirm the development, he was told again that complaints would be forwarded. The representative could not disclose what had gone wrong with the network in the affected areas and could not confirm if the management and technical unit were aware of the development.

http://fabinfos.com/glo-customers-lament-network-shutdown-service-disruption-enters-second-week/

Lalasticlala Ishilove Mynd44 Seun Dominique

Re: Glo Customers Lament Network Shutdown As Service Disruption Enters Second Week by smartty68(m): 8:44am On Sep 10, 2017
These guys really has to do something concerning poor network coverage in Nigeria. They're supposed to be the peoples choice but meh really heartbreaking
Re: Glo Customers Lament Network Shutdown As Service Disruption Enters Second Week by maleekberry: 8:57am On Sep 10, 2017
I thought I was the only one Experiencing their poor service
Re: Glo Customers Lament Network Shutdown As Service Disruption Enters Second Week by uboma(m): 9:15am On Sep 10, 2017
Globacoom is a useless network.

the NCC is also very useless as a regulatory body....
Re: Glo Customers Lament Network Shutdown As Service Disruption Enters Second Week by Psychodavidovic(m): 10:33am On Sep 10, 2017
Stupid network.
Re: Glo Customers Lament Network Shutdown As Service Disruption Enters Second Week by shedy03(m): 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2017
its actually my business line o, my business is suffering.
what's the best alternative, porting things.

(1) (Reply)

Smart Watch That Amaze Me. / How To Get The Iphone X Notch On Your Android Phone / How To Fix Screen Overlay Detected On Andriod Device With Ease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.