Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! (10903 Views)

Okorocha: God Will Judge Politicians,pastors And Court Judges First / God Will Disgrace My Adversaries – Wike / We Will Never Forgive Buhari For This.... Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by paduskinosa: 9:15am On Feb 26, 2010
So so sad, how can people be so heartless? Robbed all those wt money, despoiled d ladies n then asked d driver to crush those without money, God will judge them down to their generations unborn

1 Share

Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by Justcash(m): 9:24am On Feb 26, 2010
JESUS OF NAZARETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by Beaf: 9:26am On Feb 26, 2010
I just saw this on TV as well. What is that country becoming? angry
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by Meekzy(f): 11:03am On Feb 26, 2010
D security operatives in nigeria r not reliable because they cant face d robbers.
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by REALTRUTH1: 11:27am On Feb 26, 2010
could it be there is a war situation going on in nigeria and I do not know about? Can this be real or probably a movie,,,,No way man,,,this can't be true,,,
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by Devonian(m): 11:56am On Feb 26, 2010
What makes you think that the Security Operatives were themselves not directly responsible for this. A number of armed robbery operations are being carried out by police and military personnel themselves.
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by paduskinosa: 12:01pm On Feb 26, 2010
who ever did this is heartless and barbaric, hope he continues to have nightmares and see the faces of those he killed for the rest of His Life !

1 Like

Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by kshow1(m): 12:01pm On Feb 26, 2010
God have mercy. This is unbelievable. May their souls RIP  cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by paduskinosa: 12:08pm On Feb 26, 2010
God have mercy. This is unbelievable. May their souls RIP

na so we see am o! annoying thing is that no security agency is talking about it or has made a statement about it
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by Afam(m): 12:15pm On Feb 26, 2010
Saw this yesterday but it seems there are at least 3 different versions of the time it happened ranging from last year to this year.

However, one version stated that contrary to the story about the robbers asking them to lie down and then asking the driver to run over them that what happened was that the robbers indeed asked the victims to lie down as they normally do on the road and a speeding lorry or truck that didn't want to stop as the robbers were trying to stop him ran over them as he didn't know human beings were on the roads.

I would want to believe this version as I do not see how people would gladly lie down and wait for the bus they were traveling with run them over to a certain death when they could have fought back and probably shot in the process but at least with chances of survival.

People should also learn to defend themselves or fight for their lives when faced with some situations that could lead to certain death.

1 Like

Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by oderemo(m): 12:19pm On Feb 26, 2010
was just abt to have my lunch and guess what. i threw it in the bin . damn.
RIP.
Whatever the story even common animals are not supposed to die this barbarous way , it shows Nigeria as a country its zillion miles away from civilisation.
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by chidyke77(m): 12:48pm On Feb 26, 2010
Ths happened last year in ogun state and it was a lorry that actually ran over them.
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by RichyBlacK(m): 12:50pm On Feb 26, 2010
chidyke77:

Ths happened last year in ogun state and it was a lorry that actually ran over them.

chidyke77, do you have a link to the original story? I also believe it happened last year though as robbery operation gone horribly bad.
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by paduskinosa: 12:57pm On Feb 26, 2010
this is a recent occurrence as i have a friend whose brother was in the accident of last year when the robbers told them to lie down and a truck ran over them. actually went to the funeral. this happened a few days ago along Aba express way. it seems the demons in this robbers are becoming more blood thirsty. i just heard that women in a village in delta state are running for their lives because they are being captured and vital parts of their bodies are been taken off ! IGBUZO TO BE EXACT
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by Ibime(m): 1:05pm On Feb 26, 2010
Afam:

Saw this yesterday but it seems there are at least 3 different versions of the time it happened ranging from last year to this year.

However, one version stated that contrary to the story about the robbers asking them to lie down and then asking the driver to run over them that what happened was that the robbers indeed asked the victims to lie down as they normally do on the road and a speeding lorry or truck that didn't want to stop as the robbers were trying to stop him ran over them as he didn't know human beings were on the roads.

I would want to believe this version as I do not see how people would gladly lie down and wait for the bus they were traveling with run them over to a certain death when they could have fought back and probably shot in the process but at least with chances of survival.

People should also learn to defend themselves or fight for their lives when faced with some situations that could lead to certain death.

This sounds like logic to me. . . . I dont think anyone would lie down and wait for a bus to crush them. . . .if you look at the bodies on the ground sef, they've obviously been crushed by a vehicle travelling at full speed, not a bus going slowly over them.
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by RichyBlacK(m): 1:08pm On Feb 26, 2010
[size=18pt]22 crushed to death on Sagamu-Benin Road[/size]

* By Ernest Nwokolo
    * Published 2/08/2009

It was a horrifying sight at the scene where scores of Igbo traders who were going back to the South-East zone in a night Luxury bus met their gruesome death.

No fewer than of the traders were killed near Odogbolu, in Ogun State, along the Sagamu - Ore stretch of the Lagos Benin Expressway.

The traders including 13 men and seven women were crushed to death while held captive by armed robbers who had waylaid them.

The Nation gathered from an eyewitness who introduced himself as an Ijebu - Ode based photographer that a gang of armed robbers had fanned down the luxury bus down, ordered the passengers to disembark when it stopped and compelled them to lie face down by roadside.

The captives were in that state-still lying down, when a trailer in top speed and in desperate effort to avoid obstacles mounted on the road by the armed robbers ran over the passengers and mauled them instantly, spattering human flesh on the road.

The incident which happened in the early hours of yesterday, the eyewitness recounted, involved a luxury bus with registration number XF 285 AKD and a truck with number plate XN 808 BEN.

When similar incident happened late last year at Itori between Ogun and Lagos, 15 of the Igbo traders going back to the East by night after conducting their respective businesses in Lagos were killed inside two Luxury buses when they were gun-robbed at night while escaping into Ijebu - Ode.

It was gathered that another accident that claimed two lives also occurred on Friday night around 10.45 pm, along Ijebu- Ode- Ore end of the expressway and involved a white Toyota Hiace, marked XQ 201 EKY and a blue Bedford lorry marked XA 565 WER. The fatal accident was said to have happened near Backcok University, Ilisan junction and Odogbolu areas of the highway.

The Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Commission, (FRSC), Ogun State Command, Mr. Olu-Mike Olagunju, who confirmed the yesterday tragedy, said that he could not ascertain the cause of the accident but noted that 13 men and seven women lost their lives immediately while two men were reported to have been seriously injured.

His words: "This incident is unfortunate. What we observed that there was no dent on the luxurious bus, which indicated that the vehicles did not run to each other. The most likely cause of the accident could be because of the activities of armed robbers.

"We have said it over and over again that people should avoid night journeys. If people do not travel at nights, there is hardly a way that kind of accident would not be avoided. At least the truck would have seen people lying on the road while the motorists would have even known that robbers are operating on the road", he mourned.

Meanwhile, the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has expressed concern over the growing insecurity of lives and property across the country, and called on President Umaru Musa Yar' Ardua to tackle it frontally.

ASUU said nothing exemplified these fears and insecurity in the land better than the rising wave of armed robbery, organized murder, including the assassination of a labour leader in Benue State, recent attacks by MEND and the resurgence of the Islamic

fundamentalists - Boko Haram sect, in parts of Northern Nigeria and the attendant loss of lives.

In a communique issued by the Olabisi Onabanjo University Chapter, Ogun State, and signed by the Chairman, Dr Adesola Nassir and the Secretary, Comrade Tayo Omoniyi, ASUU charged President Yar' Ardua to adopt concrete and holistic approach in addressing them.

According to ASUU, their occurrences resulted from real and perceived injustices in the country which could only be tackled if the government demonstrates commitment and sensitivity to the groaning of the people, adding that the payment of stipends to militants in Niger Delta is not solution to militancy in the area.

The teachers also accused the federal and state governments of insincerity in the manner both are handling workers rights to collective bargaining and negotiations and urged the governments to take the path of honour, sign and implement the agreement reached with ASUU.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/12546/1/22-crushed-to-death-on-Sagamu-Benin-Road/Page1.html
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by paduskinosa: 1:10pm On Feb 26, 2010
Ibime:

This sounds like logic to me. . . . I dont think anyone would lie down and wait for a bus to crush them. . . .if you look at the bodies on the ground sef, they've obviously been crushed by a vehicle travelling at full speed, not a bus going slowly over them.

did you not read it on the dailies abi you did not see live footage on tv? its all in the media
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by 1luvkipsus: 1:45pm On Feb 26, 2010
Just saw the gory pix on d front page of Leadership newspaper.d 1st tin i said was dat dis cud not b true,&some of u re already speakin my mind.i blive d versn of d story which says dat d victims were crushed by a fast movin truck evadin d robbers.
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by 1luvkipsus: 1:51pm On Feb 26, 2010
Just saw the gory pix on d front page of Leadership newspaper.d 1st tin i said was dat dis cud not b true,&some of u re already speakin my mind.i blive d versn of d story which says dat d victims were crushed by a fast movin truck evadin d robbers.
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by Fogman(m): 1:54pm On Feb 26, 2010
What a gory sight. Are these armed robbers realy human beings or devil in human fresh. Very unfortunate.
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by Jcob(m): 1:59pm On Feb 26, 2010
No need to argue whether it happened last or next year. It has happened. End of the world has come and We all need to be the closest to Jesus. His grace is sufficient for us !
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by finemocha(f): 2:03pm On Feb 26, 2010
i dont think alot of nigerians will make it to heaven. may their souls rest in peace.
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by violent(m): 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2010
Man's inhumanity to Man . . . . all because of money!. . and how much do they intend to get from these poor traders whose body lie helplessly in splash of their own flesh and blood?

May the souls of those directly responsible be haunted to death. . . . . Curses shall remain in their families for all generations. . . they will feed on their children's flesh when there is none to eat. . . . I don't wish them quick death, but rather longer years in mystery, fear, poverty and disease. . . . they will sleep and wake in their own sh.it and vomit. . . .and when they die, their souls will be forever haunted even into hades!
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by honeric01(m): 2:18pm On Feb 26, 2010
i am here struggling to swallow my saliva ever since i saw this pix, God, please do not forgive every participant in this incident, they must reap from what they sowed. cry
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by oderemo(m): 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2010
every time am on that flight to Nigeria, i always pinch myself why on earth am i leaving my comfortable environment to hell. and this is coming from me having experienced armed robbery incident on a night bus in owo on my way to Lagos frm Abuja.
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by whiteroses(f): 1:55am On Feb 27, 2010
oh lord almighty! too graphic censor the photo now. our population is too much for a poor country and the weak government cant even do anything, they are heartless in brazil but this will never happen, i think normal level of sanity in nigeria is small % of insanity
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by CHAIRMAN1(m): 4:21am On Feb 27, 2010
Christo fo Shido.

cry embarassed
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 27, 2010
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
What is this world turning into
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by otawa: 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2010
So so sad, how can people be so heartless? Robbed all those wt money, despoiled d ladies n then asked d driver to crush those without money, God will judge them down to their generations unborn

very wrong. face reality.

Isrealis is not waiting for GOD to handle their enermies.

They develop bombs and go after their enermies and kill them.

USA did not wait for GOD. They wipe-out the 'red-indians' and drop atomic bomb on Japanesse people.

The solution is Nigeria Government going HARD all out after those responsible.

Smoke them out and ensure they get PUNISHED to serve as lesson that NIGERIA will not accept such any longer.
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by Jarus(m): 3:03pm On Feb 27, 2010
cry cry cry cry

Too sad to comment
cry cry cry
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by amodiaquin: 7:34pm On Feb 27, 2010
O God have mercy
Re: God will Never Forgive these Robbers ! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:54pm On Feb 27, 2010
otawa:

very wrong. face reality.

Isrealis is not waiting for GOD to handle their enermies.

They develop bombs and go after their enermies and kill them.

USA did not wait for GOD. They wipe-out the 'red-indians' and drop atomic bomb on Japanesse people.

The solution is Nigeria Government going HARD all out after those responsible.

Smoke them out and ensure they get PUNISHED to serve as lesson that NIGERIA will not accept such any longer.

I don;t mean to take away from the severity of this incident, but
The NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT is doing worse atrocities in Nigeria every single day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

So Senator Ali Modu Sheriff's Son Actually Married President Buhari Daughter? / Maina Will Be Murdered If He Comes Out Of Hiding - Aide / President Buhari Presides Over Security Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.