Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud (22397 Views)

SARS Kill Cleaner During A Raid In Ilupeju (Disturbing Photos) / 2 Nigerians Arrested Over $500K In Stolen Items In The U.S(photos) / Nigerian Brothers Arrested Over Drugs Sent By Post To Nonthaburi, Thailand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by charleff512(m): 9:44am On Sep 11, 2017
tellwisdom:
Deltans and fraud eh....Tufiakwa angry
CRIME SHOULD NOT BE TRIBALIZED.IT IS A UNIVERSAL VICE

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by Nutase: 9:45am On Sep 11, 2017
I believe the guy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by Yusuf4: 9:46am On Sep 11, 2017
lafflaff123:
Look at him?

N500 million at once?who does he think he is?Abacha? it is his lack of intelligence that put him in trouble. If he had been asking for the N2 Million that he had earlier succeeded with, i am sure nobody would have detected.

Good thing is that at least he can claim to be a millionaire for a short while.

When will you buy sense.
He gave his own narration and you Never read meaning into it.
He's a victim of what he just said.
Yahoo boys usues peoples card to pick money.
If he's the one he will not use his own card to do it.
I'm talking based on experience when I was serving.

The boy may be innocent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by dominique(f): 9:56am On Sep 11, 2017
Either he is an accomplice or he's extremely naive. How could he give a complete stranger total control over your account and card if there isn't something he stands to gain from it? I have a feeling that he knows the corper is a g boy and also wants a taste of the loot but he got played instead.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by dominique(f): 10:02am On Sep 11, 2017
PassionateSoul:
For him to hack an email address means he's a smart dude. If it was in a developed country his brain power would have been used to mitigate further attacks, but here the reverse is the case. We still have a long way to go in this country.

If you're suggesting that a criminal should be employed by the government, then you have a long way to go. I used to watch a cyber crimes series on Crime channel, the perpetrators were arrested and given lenghty jail terms. Some are even given up to 200 years in prison for the multiple counts of fraud committed. Nobody rewards criminal acts anywhere, so don't come here and indirectly validate crime.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by samsam2019: 10:04am On Sep 11, 2017
He could be innocent oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by alizma: 10:08am On Sep 11, 2017
lafflaff123:
Look at him?

N500 million at once?who does he think he is?Abacha? it is his lack of intelligence that put him in trouble. If he had been asking for the N2 Million that he had earlier succeeded with, i am sure nobody would have detected.

did u read his own part of the story at all? u probably didn't want to read that but ur type will be the first to criticize Nigerian government for not doing proper investigation before jumping into conclusion. how will Nigeria ever change when people like u also lay claim to the nation's leader of tomorrow?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by poseidon12: 10:20am On Sep 11, 2017
SOFTENGR:
The lesson here is: For your safety, DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE USE YOUR ACCOUNT
Otherwise, you may land yourself in jail for someone else's crime.

So you believe his story about someone else using his account. He is the fraudster, of course.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by Omooba77: 10:21am On Sep 11, 2017
modelmike7:
It's obvious the guy is innocent, he's only foolish handing his Atm to the corper guy...

Na wa for those guys up there that just comment without reading the body of the news but only the Headline !! It's obvious the guy is innocent, he's only foolish handing his Atm to the corper guy...

Na wa for those guys up there that just comment without reading the body of the news but only the Headline !!

It shows we still have intelĺigent guys here. That young man is innocent, police should be looking for Emmanuel; the cleaner is just a victim of being friendly with a bobo corper. It is a lesson for him if God set him free

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 11, 2017
Omooba77:

It shows we still have intelĺigent guys here. That young man is innocent, police should be looking for Emmanuel; the cleaner is just a victim of being friendly with a bobo corper. It is a lesson for him if God set him free

Good to know we share the same point of view.
We can only wish him well.
Have a nice day bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by symbianDON(m): 10:25am On Sep 11, 2017
one would have expected to police to request the photographs of the person who made the withdrawals before parading this guy as the thief. from his narrative, he appears to be innocent....I'm just wondering, if he could make daily atm withdrawals (at least 20 days) to cash the N2m stolen money, why didn't he simply use his atm to draw the salary?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by hazyfm1: 10:31am On Sep 11, 2017
lafflaff123:
Look at him?

Why do people comment before reading??

Nigerians!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by simpleshawls(m): 10:36am On Sep 11, 2017
If you are in kwara we have London used iphone 6 @ cheap price kindly check my signature or you come to our office @ challenge ilorin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by JerryDM1: 10:41am On Sep 11, 2017
tellwisdom:
ur fada

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by mooresucre(f): 10:55am On Sep 11, 2017
Amebo1:
Don't allow anybody to use your account for any transaction, it's might be a fraud. I'm convinced this guy is not guilty. They should use CCTV to trace the guy that borrowed his ATM
dey dont make use of CCTV, datz how my friend entered debt for borown some his atm to withdraw.
he used all his nysc alawe to pay gbese

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by Dmeji4444(m): 11:04am On Sep 11, 2017
Fact :

Most time, when you heard that an accountant of a company commited fraud, this is what happened.

I know of an accountant been jailed because somebody used this exact method to defraud his company (cloning the MD's mail to give an instruction to make payment to a particular account).

The accountant spent up to a year in Kirikiri before the fraudster was caught.

Please don't in anyway support yahoo boys.

They are great threat to accountants

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by asawanathegreat(m): 11:16am On Sep 11, 2017
Sharp guy make u hack police 4 ur release nah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by john650(m): 11:33am On Sep 11, 2017
eliment:
this man is innocent based on his narrative. I thing the police should rather look for the said corps member
There is no said corper. He is only using that line of story to divert attention from his crimes. Why would anyone allow a stranger to use their ATM for withdrawals? Assuming he actually was foolish enough to allow a stranger to use his ATM to withdraw money, surely, he must have asked the stanger for a commission for that service none of which he did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by Cutestud(m): 12:42pm On Sep 11, 2017
tellwisdom:
Tellwisdom? Nah! You lack it
Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by akpumping7720(m): 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2017
fodelat:
Hmm this is a Wawu
hmmmmmm. u Don watch Ajasa Olowo idan tire!
Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by Jay542(m): 1:04pm On Sep 11, 2017
All I need is that 2m transaction to be successfulangry
Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by Nickonomakaveli(m): 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2017
That's CFO scam. It's a eye opener . Don't give your account details out anyhow. GoDaddy and Reagan mailer don deliver .

1 Like

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by roqrules04(m): 2:00pm On Sep 11, 2017
CFO-- CEO
Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by roqrules04(m): 2:04pm On Sep 11, 2017
Nickonomakaveli:
That's CFO scam. It's a eye opener . Don't give your account details out anyhow. GoDaddy and Reagan mailer don deliver .

They Dan use fake mailer for them grin grin
Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by bobowaja(m): 2:09pm On Sep 11, 2017
johnnyvid:
The operatives of Rapid Response Squad of the Lagos State Police Command have arrested a 30 year old hotel cleaner for defrauding a company of N2 million and attempting to collect another N500 million after hacking into the company’s e -mail address.
The suspect, Ahuja Sylvester was on Friday picked up by operatives in 911 Hotel, Warri, Delta State. He had sometime in April, 2017, hacked into the e – mail of a Lagos based company, posing as the Managing Director and instructing the firm’s accountant to disburse the sum of N2 million into his Access Bank account.
Using the same approach in June 2017, he again requested the payment of N500 million into a Zenith Bank account. The company detected this and quickly alerted the police who got him arrested.
The RRS Decoy team in their investigations discovered that the initial N2m was withdrawn with a debit card belonging to Ahuja Sylvester. Ahuja, in his statement to the police denied hacking into the account of any company, stressing that one NYSC member, Emmanuel, was the culprit.
He stated that he met Emmanuel at his work place in April, 2017. According to him: “Emmanuel told me that he was stranded and that somebody was going to send money to him.
He requested that I allow him use my ATM card because he couldnt locate his own and I did. He told me that I should alert him whenever I received credit alert on my phone and I did.
I expected these transactions to have been completed after two days. After almost a week, I saw him and I requested for my ATM, he told me he was still using it. He later told me that he had misplaced it. That was how he didn’t return the debit card again and he disappeared.
My salary came and I approached the bank. That was when I was told my account was having issues. This was the moment I got to know my account was used for fraudulent transactions.”
source:http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/09/hotel-cleaner-arrested-over-n500million.html
The guy who did this is a relative to the Managing Director.
Police kindly contact the said manager and try to know any of his families or in laws that served this same year.

My best guess is that the man might have logged in on the dude system and pressed "remember password" either by himself or by the suspect. The manager might have written the email details to where a third party can have access to it (and such person will be close ofcourse).

That cleaner guy can sue either the NPF or the said company (or both) for name defamation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by sexaddict08(m): 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2017
lafflaff123:
Look at him?

you must be very good in stealing...twalley

1 Like

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by Marotzke(m): 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2017
eliment:
this man is innocent based on his narrative. I thing the police should rather look for the said corps member
No he is not innocent.
Every transaction in every account now has a transaction alert linked to the owners phone number.
Methinks that he surrendered his account details for a fee to a fraud syndicate.
Now he thinks some cock and bull story will save him.
Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by WrathOfHadez(m): 7:28pm On Sep 11, 2017
I believe the suspect is telling the truth.
Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by Omooba77: 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2017
What is the liquidity strength of this Hotel self that someone will steal #500m? Police and frame no get part two..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beautiful Lady Caught Stealing Human Hair From Salon (pic) / Fighter Helicopter Deployed To Plateau By Nigerian Air Force To Maintain Peace / American defrauds Nigerians seeking Green Card of $565,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.