Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Osoosi Vs Ogun - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Osoosi Vs Ogun (883 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osoosi Vs Ogun by Babalawos(m): 7:45am On Sep 11, 2017
Aboru Aboye

Today I will be telling you the itan of Òsóòsì and Ògún. Òsóòsì and Ògún where enemies because of a Sisán that Èsù had provoked but Ògún had a similar problem, even though nobody could make trails in the bush as fast as Ògún could, he was not able to kill his prey as Òsóòsì could.

So both rivals went to the bush and started talking to each other, while they were talking they saw a deer, quickly Òsóòsì shoot an arrow that went through his throat and killed the deer.

Òsóòsì told Ògún that he could not reach the catch because of the bush, Ògún grabbed his bowie knife and made a trail as fast as a blink of an eye.

Really exited of what they had discovered, they shared the catch and realized that they where nothing as long as they stood apart from each other.

They booth went home to Òrúnmila and made a pact. That’s why Òsóòsì and Ògún are always together, Òsóòsì the hunter and Ògún the master of the Iron.

The Spiritual forces that are the foundations of Òsóòsì’s role in the spiritual kingdom are connected to the search of the balance between itself and the world.

Thank you for reading, leave your comments

Babalawos

Re: Osoosi Vs Ogun by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 11, 2017
Babalawos, how many deities do you have in your shrine?
Re: Osoosi Vs Ogun by Babalawos(m): 11:10am On Sep 11, 2017
BloodAxe:
Babalawos, how many deities do you have in your shrine?

I have lost count. Why don't you visit my shrine and count them?
Re: Osoosi Vs Ogun by ifenes(m): 11:39am On Sep 11, 2017
I love these stories, much better than Noah and the flood.
Re: Osoosi Vs Ogun by Redomi(m): 11:46am On Sep 11, 2017
Despite I did Yorùbá in school, I have learnt from Babalawo on nairaland since I,started following him. I have learn from him more than my lecturers in school for 4 year.
Re: Osoosi Vs Ogun by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 11, 2017
Babalawos:

I have lost count. Why don't you visit my shrine and count them?

How will you lose count of how many deities you have in your shrine? So if someone steals one of the deities how will you know? Just say you don't want to tell me how many deities you worship so I will visit your shrine

You can't have more than seven. Tell me their names!

(1) (Reply)

The Doctrine Of Niklas: Aka The Nicolatian Doctrine Hated By Faulkin(Yeshua) / Martin Luther King Jnr Had All Night Sex Orgy At A Workshop Before Death-fbi / Frank Edwards Comes Very Hard On Naijagospelworld Blog On Instagram For.. ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.