Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

4 Words To Make You A Successful Writer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 4 Words To Make You A Successful Writer (371 Views)

Powerful Inspiring Words To Say Every Morning| Facts | Psychology| Motivational / Punstars; Lets Play On Words. / 4 Words To Make You A Successful Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Words To Make You A Successful Writer by marenx: 8:01am On Sep 11, 2017
"Let your writing rest."
If you proof-read your work day and night—day and night—it may become empty. It will wither away.
Go back, read your old Facebook or Twitter updates. Now you can know the best among them.
Writing, you don't need to go for too much corrections because you can miss the craft.
Patience win.
Creating relationship how-to I applied strict revision, numbering all the sentences and treating each individually. That day my 1500 words reduced to 800. After a week only 500 words. Some months later, 300. What if I let all rest? It wouldn't have withered away.
Let your writing rest if you love it, it will remain yours forever.
If you are with me for a long time--say a month or two--you know writing I love is simple and juicy. Nothing more. But nomatter what I write, I save it untouched for days.
Slowly I edited all my works—through this method.
From“You can read to change the World. You can as well teach your Little Friends to read.” by Maren John Mafuyai
“When editing, remove all buts and ands from the beginnings of the sentence. After it rests, you’ll know whether you need them or not.” Maren John Mafuyai
“Write and keep away—write and keep away. Then read. Editing process comes last. Then throw away. Let it rest.” Maren John Mafuyai.
Follow him on Twitter to get more writing advice: HIS TWITTER https://mobile.twitter.com/account

(1) (Reply)

Cure The Night By Harry Ubhi / Grown Woman / Earning Opportunity For Online Writers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.