Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 11'9/17 David (1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 11'9/17 David (1) (259 Views)

CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) / Adeboye's 63rd Birthday Message To David Oyedepo / David Ibiyeomie Welcomed By Female Church Members In Uniform (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 11'9/17 David (1) by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 11, 2017
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL...*
*Date:* Monday, September 11, 2017

*Topic:* DAVID (I)
*Read:* 1 Samuel 13:13,14

*MEMORISE:* _And tore the kingdom away from the house of David, and gave it to you; and yet you have not been as My servant David, who kept My commandments and who followed Me with all his heart, to do only what was right in My eyes._ *(1 Kings 14:cool*

*EXPOSITION*
Studying through the life of one of the biblical aces, David, one would discover a man of character, integrity, uprightness and right standing. He was an epitome of quality, godly and people-oriented leadership. He was not an angel; he had his own weakness. He was not a god. Yet, the almighty God addressed him as a man, (not an ordinary man, but a man) after His (God's) heart. Leaders today have lots and lots of lessons of note, to learn in David's life. It is doubtful, if a Christian would make it, without taking cue from this man of faith, sincerity and transparent godliness. David would not allow an unconfessed sin to sleep with Him, especially when the Holy Spirit has beamed His searchlight on such. He openly rebuked anyone around him who was unforgiven and abhors animosity. He stayed several years before assuming the position of which he had been divinely anointed. Several opportunities came knocking for him, to deal with his notorious enemy, the only person standing between him and the throne. Yet, he did not utilise it, unlike the likes of Jehu, and the rest usurpers. He was a man of sincere love and usually stood by his words. A kind-hearted king to the core was David. No one sought God in his generation like him. He preferred to fall into God's hand rather than man's and readily bows to the will of God in all circumstances. When he was declared unworthy to build God, a temple, he did not feel disappointed, but went ahead to prepare for the building, with all sincerity and gratitude. On his dying bed, he commissioned his successor to deal with some disgruntled elements who have allowed themselves to be used by the devil and who could turned down the reign of peace. This is a worthy judgement as God can never condone wickedness. He finally became an interlink for the fulfilment of the messianic vision. What would be said about you? How would your biography be worded? Watch out, whatever we do live after us.

*PRAYER POINTS*
*1.* Deliver me, oh Lord, from every character deficiency hampering my relationship with You.
*2.* Lord, help believers to give You wholehearted devotion.
*3.* Lord, help our leaders in all sphere to lead live worthy of emulation.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* 1 Kings 10-12

*Author:* CAC WORLDWIDE
Remain Blessed!

(1) (Reply)

Power Of Prayer / Bishop Chris Encourages The Nigerian Police Force / Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Saturday, 23/09/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.