Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,896 members, 7,863,067 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:11 AM

Foriegn Coach Palava- The Progress Made So Far. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Foriegn Coach Palava- The Progress Made So Far. (725 Views)

[b]nigeria Football Club May Get A Foriegn Coach Soon[/b] / Records Lionel Messi Has Broken So Far / Should There Be A Foriegn Super Eagles Coach? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foriegn Coach Palava- The Progress Made So Far. by honeric01(m): 11:14am On Feb 26, 2010
Eriksson arrives

Posted: 2010-02-25 10:37

Former England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson arrived in Abuja on Thursday morning ahead of his interview for the Nigeria coaching position.
Eriksson arrived, accompanied by his agent Athole Still and was met by NFF officials at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport before being taken to the Transcorp Hilton Hotel.

The Swede is expected to be interviewed at about 13h00 hours by Nigeria football officials.

Eriksson will be the fifth coach to be interviewed, and the second former England manager, after Glenn Hoddle, who is favourite for the post.
Re: Foriegn Coach Palava- The Progress Made So Far. by honeric01(m): 11:14am On Feb 26, 2010
Hoddle tips Nigeria for WC glory

Posted: 2010-02-25 07:17

Intending Nigeria coach Glenn Hoddle says he is convinced that the country have the quality to do well at the 2010 Fifa World Cup in South Africa.

Hoddle was in Abuja as one of several candidates being interviewed by Nigeria football officials for the vacant Nigeria coaching position and said after his session that he believed the country was good enough to make a splash in South Africa.

"I believe Nigeria have a very good squad and that is why I am here. I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t believe that they have the quality to do well at the World Cup," Hoddle said after his interview.

The former England manager gave little away about what transpired at his session.

"All I can say is that I enjoyed it, and I have enjoyed my time in Nigeria and with the people. Obviously I can’t speak too much about the team because I have not been given the job."

Nigeria have already interviewed Bruno Metsu and Ratomir Dujkovic and are due to interview Sven Goran Eriksson and Lars Lagerback in the coming days, with a new coach expected to be named on February 28.
Re: Foriegn Coach Palava- The Progress Made So Far. by honeric01(m): 11:15am On Feb 26, 2010
Lagerback last man in

Posted: 2010-02-26 11:27

Swedish coach Lars Lagerback will be the last of the prospective Nigeria coaches to be interviewed after arriving in Abuja late on Thursday night.

The former Sweden coach will meet with Nigeria's interviewing panel at about noon to make his own presentation ahead of an NFF Executive Committee meeting later in the day.

Already interviewed for the position are Glen Hoddle, Bruno Metsu, Ratomir Dujkovic and fellow Swede Sven Goran Eriksson.

The full executive committee of the Nigeria Football Federation will meet from 7pm on Friday in Abuja with a coach expected to be named at the conclusion of the meeting.
Re: Foriegn Coach Palava- The Progress Made So Far. by candylips(m): 11:24am On Feb 26, 2010
so who are they gonna pick
Re: Foriegn Coach Palava- The Progress Made So Far. by honeric01(m): 11:38am On Feb 26, 2010
by January 28, you will know, they already interviewed 4, one to go (today)
Re: Foriegn Coach Palava- The Progress Made So Far. by IbrahimB: 3:49pm On Feb 26, 2010
honeric01:

by January 28, you will know, they already interviewed 4, one to go (today)

January 28? Are you a time traveller?  That's a month ago, is it not? grin
Re: Foriegn Coach Palava- The Progress Made So Far. by honeric01(m): 8:52pm On Feb 26, 2010
IbrahimB:

January 28? Are you a time traveller?  That's a month ago, is it not? grin

that was a typo, i meant to say February 28 lol, my bad. embarassed
Re: Foriegn Coach Palava- The Progress Made So Far. by semid4lyfe(m): 9:41pm On Feb 26, 2010
Lars Lagerback, former coach of Sweden has already been announced as the new Super Eagles coach. The news is been carried by Channels TV, Lagos and already been updated to the Lars Lagerback and Nigeria Football Federation entries on wikipedia.

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria_national_football_team

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Lars_Lagerback
Re: Foriegn Coach Palava- The Progress Made So Far. by chelseabmw(m): 10:06pm On Feb 26, 2010
largerback nigeria new coach
Re: Foriegn Coach Palava- The Progress Made So Far. by honeric01(m): 10:28am On Feb 27, 2010
Nigeria pick Lars Lagerback
Nigeria pick Lagerback

Posted: 2010-02-27 08:08

Nigeria have picked Swede Lars Lagerback and signed him on an initial 5-month deal to take the Super Eagles to the World Cup in South Africa later this year.

Lagerback, who coached his native Sweden for nine years, was picked ahead of fellow Swede Sven Goran Eriksson, Englishman Glen Hoddle, Serb Ratomir Djukovic and Frenchman Bruno Metsu.

The Swede was the last of the five candidates to arrive Abuja and was interviewed on Friday afternoon.

The executive committee of the Nigeria Football Association subsequently went into an eight-hour meeting before announcing Lagerback as the new coach.

(1) (Reply)

Decline Of The Nigerian Super Eagles, Part I / Predict World Cup Scores And Win Cash Prizes! / Drogba And Essien Quits National Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.