Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

The Elder's Daughter - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Elder's Daughter (6023 Views)

Dollar Vs Naira; What My Elder Brother Did / Elder Statesman From Northern Of Nigeria Mallam Adamu Ciroma Is Dead / Biography Of Elder Statesman, Politician From The North Mallam Adamu Ciroma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Elder's Daughter by sazy(m): 7:42pm On Sep 14, 2017
The Elder's Daughter: Part 29

“Where am I?” Esther suddenly said. She looked around and all she could see was darkness. She started running, hoping to find help but she tripped on a stone and fell down “Ouch, my leg! Somebody help me please” she cried. She could hear the echo of her voice. The place was empty and looked like a wilderness. She struggled to stand up and when she was on her feet, she decided to look back. She could see a bright light from a very long distance. Under the light, she saw beautiful houses and plantations. “I need to go back to my father’s house” she thought to herself. Suddenly, she felt unusual strength. She ran towards the light with determination shouting “I need to return to my father’s house. I can’t continue suffering in this manner when my father has all that I need.” When she got a bit closer to the light, she saw people gathered, celebrating. The first person she saw was Brian. He looked at her from a distance and smiled. He shouted “Father is waiting for you. Come Esther, come!” Esther ran with even more determination. Suddenly, she woke up. It was just a dream. She rubbed her eyes as she looked around. She realized that she had been dreaming. The sun had already risen and her room was filed with a beautiful bright light from the sun. She looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was already 7am. She got up from the bed and pulled the store curtain. The view was even more beautiful that morning. She stretched her arms and sat down, starring at the room. She thought about the dream she had just had “I don’t understand this dream. Why was I telling myself to go back to my father? Does this mean that I need to go back home? But I don’t think my father wants to see me again after what I have done.” She thought to herself.

She went into the bathroom and took a bath. She had slept like a baby and felt refreshed. Someone knocked on the door. It was aunty Mercy. She was holding a tray of food. “Hello my dear Esther. I brought you some breakfast. Mr. Brian called and said he will be here around 9am to pick you up. Please also feel free to move around the motel. We have a nice garden near the pool area” she said. She entered the room and placed the food on the table. “Thank you very much ma. I appreciate” Esther answered. “Oh just call me Mercy” aunty Mercy said. Esther smiled. When the woman had left, Esther ran to the food. She couldn’t wait to eat again. It was a full English breakfast. She ate the bacon and fried sausages like there was no tomorrow. She finished up the baked beans and drank the glass of orange juice. “Wow! What a treat! I feel like I am in paradise” she said. She looked at her stomach and shook her head “What will I do with you? How will I handle you? I don’t have a job to take care of you. I can’t abort you because when I think of what happened to Naomi, it scares the hell out of me. So what will I do with you?” she said to herself. She sat down feeling very sad and insecure. She imagined what would happen next. She imagined Angela’s reaction “I am sure she will blame me for throwing myself into David’s arms. As for David, he can go to hell. I don’t even want him to know about this pregnancy. I will do everything possible to get a job in town, even if I have to become a maid just to raise money to take care of this child” she said. With anger, she rose up, took her phone and bag and went downstairs. Her phone was still off and she wasn’t thinking of switching it on yet.

As she got downstairs, she met Brian on the way to his office. He gave her a warm hug “Esther, mama twins, how are you?” he said. Esther laughed “Twins? Brian don’t be funny” she said. “I am not joking. You will have twins. I dreamt about it last night and my dreams always come true” Brian said, pulling Esther by the hand to his office. “Hmm, talking about dreams, I had one last night that is making me wonder” she said. “Oh really? Tell me all about it” Brian said as he sat down in the office. Esther narrated the entire dream to him.

Esther: Do you think the dream is telling me to go back to my father’s house?

Brian was quiet for a while, then he said “Well, I am not really sure what that dream means but in most cases, dreams also have a spiritual meaning. This evening, I am inviting you to church for our weekly service. I can take you to the Pastor so that he prays for you and maybe help you to interpret your dream”

Esther: Brian, I really don’t want to seem rude. I really appreciate everything you have done for me, but to tell you the truth, I no longer have the interest to go to church or even believe that God knows me. Where was God when all these terrible things were happening to me?

Brian: Let me also ask you a question: Where was God when you were committing fornication? Where was God when you were cursing Him?

Esther: Are you trying to judge me?

Brian: No I am not judging you sweetheart. All I am saying is that we are always trying to blame God for everything that happens to us. But we also forget how filthy we are before Him. We forget that sometimes we do things that don’t please Him, but He never condemns us. He is always giving us a second chance. Can you imagine what could have happened if God decided that for every sin that a human being commits, he should die? The world would be empty by now. I am sorry if I came out quite harsh, but I just want you to get a point. I know you to be a very good person. I noticed you from the very first day we were introducing each other in class. I know you don’t deserve to be treated in that way, but one thing I am sure of is that God has a good plan for you no matter what you have gone through. I believe everything that happened to you, happened for a reason. Do you remember the day I was asking you about your fiancé? You actually seemed to be irritated by my curiosity that day

Esther: Yes I do

Brian: I know that guy very well. He is a regular customer of the motel, even though he doesn’t know me quite well, because it is only recently that I started managing the motel. My father was the one in charge before, but now he wants to concentrate on other things. I used to see Jacob here so many times with different ladies. I know at least two ladies he used to bring here, one is called Clara and the other is Sharon, although Clara was more frequent with him

Esther: What! Clara? Is she short and fair, with a dark blackhead under her eye?

Brian: Yes. Do you know her?

Esther: Of course. She is a member of our church back in Gemba. And to think that he lied about her saying she just liked following him! That guy is a dog!

Brian: Hmm. He usually spent the weekends here with her. But wait until you hear what I am about to tell you. The receptionist, who knows him very well told me a couple of weeks ago that he was now coming with a certain tall lady. He was spending the weekends with her. I had to ask her to get the person’s name and guess who it was! It was Naomi.

Esther: Oh my God I knew it! That traitor!

Brian: Yea. I am really sorry, but the guy is a crook. That is why I had tried to enter into a conversation with you about him so that I could eventually tell you, but you seemed so irritated that I just had to keep it to myself. But you have been in my prayers ever since I saw you with him, asking God to protect you from being hurt

Esther: Well, your prayers were not answered

Brian: Don’t say that. My prayers were answered because God has exposed him before you made the mistake of tying the knot.

Esther: You think so? And now I am pregnant for another man and you think it’s better that way?

Brian: Yes Esther, it is much better than getting married to that guy because you would have lived a terrible life. As for David, I know that you are trying as much as possible to forget him, which I clearly understand. But the only thing I can tell you is that he is a good guy

Esther: Oh please. So you think you know everyone at the university?

Brian: Well, not really, but I know quite a number of people because I am involved in a lot of Christian charity associations both at school and even around here. Anyway, I will not enter into details. I pray that God’s will be done in your life. So my dear, you cannot say no to my request this evening concerning church. You don’t need to do anything, just come

Esther: O-o-K. But please it’s only for today.

Brian: Your wish is my command dear beloved. Now, let’s go home. I would like to introduce you to my parents and even my fiancé. I’ve already told them about you. Am sorry I had to narrate a bit of your story to my mother as she is quite curious. You know how women are. She was just trying to make sure that I have not brought a girlfriend in. hahaha. But you don’t need to worry about her. She is a godly and wonderful woman.

Esther: I can imagine.

The two left the office. Brian led the way to the car which was parked at the entrance. They both entered and drove off. Esther watched the beautiful trees as they drove through a scanty bush. Brian switched on the music player and played the song “God will make a way”. He moved his head up and down as he sang the song. “So, how did you meet your fiancée?” Esther asked. Brian smiled “Jennifer and I have known each other for as long as I can remember. We have been childhood friends since primary school. Our parents are good friends and we are like family. We were only friends until three years ago when I strongly fell in love with her. At that time, she was seeing a certain guy from secondary school, although he was not a serious guy. But you girls like men who are not serious. Hahaha. Anyway to cut the story short, the guy ended up disappointing her and that is when I tried my luck. At first, she found it hard to accept because we had been like brother and sister, but with time, she also fell in love with me and we started seeing each other. She got admission at a university in London while I got admission at the university in the capital. We’ve been seeing each other for 3 years now. Last year, I finally proposed to her and she said yes. We are planning to do our wedding next year, by God’s grace” Brian said.

“Wow lucky you! Both of you look so happy together. I am sure you have had a smooth relationship because you are such a wonderful person” Esther said. Brian smiled again and shook his head “Not really my dear. I was not as wonderful as this before I met Christ. I was a party boy, I used to drink and smoke a lot. My parents were actually tired of me because I caused them so much trouble. I used to steal my father’s money and use it on beer and games. Jennifer and I went through a lot of difficulties, all caused by me. But she was very patient with me. She used to pray for me so that God could change me and never put pressure on me. Until the day that I met Jesus. My whole life changed. I became a new creature. I lost taste for the things of the world and embraced a new life of purity and sanctification. My parents and even Jennifer could not believe how I had changed at first, but with time they realized that God had finally answered their prayers. Today, I live for Christ and Him alone. ” Brian said.

Esther was amazed. She looked at Brian and said “Wow. Your story sounds interesting. I am happy for both of you. They finally arrived at Brian’s place: it was a big blue house surrounded with a huge wall fence and black gate. The guard ran to open the gate as Brian drove in. They found Brian’s mother outside with Jennifer picking up some flowers. Jennifer looked so beautiful and vibrant. Esther disembarked shyly from the car. Brian gave Jennifer a warm hug “Hello Princess. You look beautiful this morning. Thank you for coming early this morning” Brian said. He turned to his mom and said “Mom, baby please meet my friend and school mate Esther…..Esther this is my mom and this is my fiancée Jenny.” Esther was very shy. She looked down as she greeted Brian’s mother. Brian’s mom gave her a hug and said “You are welcome my daughter.” Jennifer also gave her a hug and they all went inside the house. Esther admired the house as they went to the living room. The interior was even more beautiful than she could have imagined. Jennifer rushed to the kitchen and brought some fresh orange juice and pancakes to the living room. “Please help yourselves with this. I made these pancakes specially for you Esther last evening when Brian informed me about your arrival. You are welcome” Jennifer said. Esther thanked her and even though she was quite full, she ate the pancakes out of respect. Jennifer excused herself and left Esther with Brian’s mother.

Brian’s mother: So my dear Esther. Please feel at home. My son told me everything that has happened to you. I am so sorry to hear about it, but I want you to know that all hope is not lost. Firstly, I would like to know if you have called your mother to inform her about your well being

Esther: N-n-n-n-o Ma

Brian’s mother: Well, that’s not a good thing at all. I am sure that right now she is worried sick about you. I would advise you to call her and let her know that you are in safety. I am a mother and I know exactly how it feels to be far from your child. She can even enter a state of depression because of it. You can call her using my phone.

Esther was reluctant but agreed to call her mother. She dialed her brother’s line “Hello Daniel. It’s me Esther…Yes I am fine thank you….Please put mom on the line…….Hello mom…Yes I am fine mom…..No I am fine believe me……I am at a friend’s place not very far from the capital……Mom, I am fine…..I will be going back to school in a couple of days…..I am being taken care of by my friend’s family so well mom, you don’t need to worry about anything…..Please stop crying, you are making me feel bad….I will definitely come back after our final exams when everything has calmed down a bit….Don’t worry about that mom, I will find a way to survive…Yes mom, no problem. Please don’t worry about me. I am even better that I thought I could be. Ok mom. I have to go now I am using the phone of my friend’s mom…Yes you’ll talk to her soon. I have to go now…. Bye mom…Amen mom. Bye” Esther gave the phone back to Brian’s mom with tears flowing from her eyes. Brian’s mom hugged her “Don’t worry my dear. Everything is going to be alright” she said.

Esther and Brian’s mother discussed for a long time before Jennifer and Brian came to take her out to drive around town. They spent almost the whole day downtown moving from one place to the other. Jennifer was a very funny and friendly girl. She gave Esther her best laugh. They had lunch at a local restaurant and finally headed to church around 6pm. It was a medium sized church. The place was almost getting filled up. Worshippers entered the church with so much passion and enthusiasm. Esther’s mind was far away. Going to church was the last thing she had expected to do. Jenifer and Brian led her to the fourth row. Jennifer knelt down as she worshipped God while Brian stood up and lifted his hands as the choir sang songs of worship. Esther was not used to such things. In her church, people never worshipped passionately. They all just sat quietly listening to the choir while others preferred sitting outside. She looked to her right and saw people laying even on the floor while others cried in deep worship. She had never seen such a thing before. She sat down, looking at the people who were worshiping.

When the Pastor climbed the altar, he preached on a message titled “Come back to the Father”. He talked about the prodigal son and how he had decided to leave his father’s house in order to live the life he wanted. Esther listened carefully as the message seemed to touch so many points of her life “Did Brian tell this Pastor about my story? This man is preaching like someone who knows my situation” she thought to herself. Just before he could end his sermon, the Pastor lifted up his voice and shouted “There are many of you here that are like the prodigal son. You left the security that your heavenly Father provided for you and you decided to live your own life. You abandoned your heavenly Father and thought you knew better than Him. But now, you have found yourself in so many difficulties. Just like the prodigal son, you are now eating with pigs and living in the cold. But if only you can turn back and be like the prodigal son who decided to go back to his father. If only you can return to your Father, the Great King. If you only you can come running to Him, He is able and willing to receive you back. In His house, are many mansions. In his arms are many blessings. It doesn’t matter what you have gone through. It doesn’t matter what you have done. Your heavenly Father is ready to throw a party for you and give you the best of his kingdom. But this is a decision you will have to make alone. The Father is waiting for you. Run back to him. True security, prosperity and salvation come from the Father alone. You don’t need to be perfect in order to be accepted by Him. He will purify you and mend your broken heart. I know that you have been broken. I know that you have been disappointed by those you trusted, but the Heavenly Father says Come unto me all that are heavy laden and I will give you rest. So wherever you are, I am inviting you to take this decision to come back to the Father. Please if you want to dedicate your life back to Jesus, I kindly ask you to come to the front and make your bold declaration. Jesus is waiting for you now. He will never condemn you. He loves you”

Esther felt like a cold and gentle breeze blew across her entire body. Suddenly, she remembered her dream “I need to go back to my father” she shouted. Some people looked at her when she shouted. Jennifer gently held her hand, rubbing her hand on her palm and praying. Esther shouted again “I need to go back to my Father, my heavenly Father!” this time around she ran to the front and fell on her knees before the altar. Some members of the ushers gently held her to comfort her. Brian lifted up his hands and thanked God. Esther lay down on the floor as the choir sang songs of worship. She cried out “Father, I am here. I have come back to you. Please receive me Father. I went astray because I didn’t know you. Now I want to know you more.” The Pastor left the altar and prayed with her. Some other people had also come to the front to give their lives to Christ. Esther cried and was led to dedicate her life to Jesus. She prayed the prayer with so much sincerity and went back to her seat. Brian hugged her and she wept on his shoulder “It is over my dear. Welcome to a new world. A world of peace everlasting” he said.

“I feel like a heavy load has just been lifted from off me. I feel light and free and while the Pastor was praying, I saw a great light that was shining before me. Now I understand the meaning of my dream. God wanted me back” Esther said as they left the church. Brian and Jennifer lifted up their hands and worshipped God “Oh God you are great. I thank you for this miracle that only you can do” Brian said

To be continued……………
Re: The Elder's Daughter by sazy(m): 7:56pm On Sep 14, 2017
The Elder's Daughter: Part 30

Brian took Esther and Jennifer to his house for dinner. Brian’s mother had prepared a special dinner for all of them. Brian’s father had travelled out of the country for business. “Please enjoy your food.” Brian’s mother said that night as they had dinner. Brian told his mother how Esther had given her life to Christ that evening at church. Brian’s mother was more than happy to hear the news. She praised God and gave Esther a hug “My daughter, you will never regret the decision you have taken today” she said.

After dinner, Brian drove Jennifer home. Esther stayed with his mother as she waited for Brian to take her to the motel.
Brian’s mother made some tea for Esther and they both sat down in the living room.

Brian’s mother: My dear Esther. I knew that God had a plan for you. He brought you here for a reason. Our God is so good
Esther: Yes ma. Honestly, I cannot explain how I am feeling right now. I feel as if a new chapter has been opened in my life. I feel brand new
Brian’s mother: Of course you have become new. The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 5: 17 that whoever is in Christ Jesus is a new creature, old things have passed away and everything has become new. When you give your life to Christ, you become a new person totally. Forget your past mistakes and pains. God is offering you an opportunity to live a new life.
Esther: Amen. What amazes me is that I thought I knew God. I thought being a Christian is simply just attending service on Sunday and that’s it. I have been brought up in the church ever since I was born, but I have never experienced anything like this. I used to go to church every Sunday, but I never thought we could actually feel God’s presence the way I felt it this evening
Brian’s mother: Hallelujah! You know my dear daughter, the problem we have with many Christians today is that they have become so religious. They think Christianity is just going to church, wearing suits and ties and singing and dancing. But there is more to it than that my dear. True Christianity is having a personal relationship with the Father. When you have a personal relationship with Him, you will be able to live the life that He commands us to live. That is why there are many people called Christians today who are so cold, have no love and cannot live the life that is biblical. It is simply because they don’t know the Father face to face. They have no relationship with Him, so they just do everything religiously like the Pharisees and Sadducees during the time of Jesus. They do things because they want to please men. But when you have a relationship with Father, you will learn to love because Father is love. You will learn to show compassion because you have been infused with His divine nature.
Esther: But how can I know more about Him?
Brian’s mother: Through His word. Find time to study His word, the Bible. Develop the habit of closing the door behind you in your closet and just learn about Him. When two people are in love, they always want to be together. It is the same thing with our Father. He longs to be with us at all times. The Bible represents who the Father is. Another important thing is fellowshipping with the brethren. Many people like saying going to church is not important, but believe me, it is. The Bible admonishes us not to despise fellowshipping with the brethren. When brethren gather together to listen to the Word of God or even to worship, God’s presence is made manifest. Even at school, make sure you go to church. Brian can take you with him every Sunday. I believe he also told me that they have a Christian students’ fellowship there. And please don’t forget to pray. Pray the way you wish. Talk to God just like you talk to your Father. Tell Him everything you desire or feel. With that, I can assure you that you are in for a good ride with the Driver of our lives: God Himself. Enjoy your ride
Esther: Thank you Ma. I have taken note of that. I know it won’t be easy for me, but I will try. I have gone through so much, but now I am ready to move on
Brian’s mother: That is why the Holy Spirit is there to help our infirmities and weaknesses. Let Him lead the way. Our Savior Jesus went through so much, but He held on to the hope of the crown that was laid before Him. Keep pressing, don’t live by sight but live by faith. Even when things seem hard, continue moving because one with God can never lose. Eventually, everything will work out for your good. What are you planning to do now? Are you going to inform the father of the precious baby you are carrying?
Esther: Never! I don’t think he would even like to know. He has moved on with his life. I will take care of this baby alone
Brian’s mother: Hmm. I understand how you feel right now, but I want you to understand that this is not just about you and the father of your baby. It is also about the child itself. Don’t let your anger towards the father rob your child of its relationship with its father. He also has the right to know about the existence of this child. If he decides to take care of the child, then fine! And if he decides not to, it is fine too. At least you would have informed him anyway.
Esther: I will think about it Ma.
Brian’s mother: Sure and don’t forget to pray about it too. I am sure the good Lord will show you the right way.
Esther: Thank you ma.

After some minutes, Brian came back and was ready to take Esther back to the motel. Esther thanked Brian’s mother. “Oh you are welcome. I am happy for you. And one more thing: please forgive anyone that has hurt you. Forgiveness releases you and sets you free. Take care and see you tomorrow” Brian’s mother said, giving her a warm hug. Esther felt so good. She jumped into Brian’s car excitedly and they left. Esther told Brian how relieved she felt. She also thanked him for his kindness. Throughout the short journey to the motel, Esther told him about her plans to get a good job in the capital and settle down alone. Brian listened to it all and smiled “Esther Esther! You are a wonderful being” he said, shaking his head with a smile. When they arrived at the motel, Brian held her hand and said “Esther. You cannot imagine just how happy I am right now. I knew God had a wonderful plan for you. I am sure my mother has told you more than enough. The only thing I want you to know is that you can always count on me as not just a friend, but as a brother. God has brought you in my life for a reason and I will try my best to be there for you. Jennifer and my entire family will also be there whenever you need them. I would have asked you to stay with us in the house, but I want you to take some time alone, to enjoy your freedom and relax your mind. Here, take this Bible and read it in your spare time. Jennifer and I will come to pick you up tomorrow around 10am so that we can go to the game reserve. Have a good night and sleep under the covering of our God”

Tears were already flooding Esther’s eyes. She took the Bible and said “I don’t know what to tell you Brian. You are so amazing. Thank you for everything.” Brian smiled and gently pushed her ‘Go to bed now. You need to rest. Aunty mercy will bring some fruits for you. Good night mother of twins.” Esther laughed so hard and went to her room. That night, she sat on the well covered floor and meditated on what Brian’s mother had told her. She lifted her head up and, with tears in her eyes, said “Father. I know you can hear me now. I know I erred when I doubted your existence. Thank you for accepting me back. Father, I want to know you more. I want to feel your presence. I want to hear your gentle voice. Father right now, I am at crossroads. I do not know how to go about with my life. I terribly need your help. My unborn baby also needs your help. We both need your help. I feel like a new chapter has been opened in my life, but to tell you the truth, I don’t know how to start it. I need your help in everything.” She bowed her head and cried for some time. She then looked at the Bible which lay on the table, and picked it up slowly. She opened it and fell on a scripture in Matthew 11: 28 which read “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Esther looked at it carefully and read over five times. She closed her eyes and smiled “I have come Father. I have come. Give me rest.” Suddenly, she got on her knees with so much strength and prayed all manner of prayers with tears from her eyes. She worshipped, praised and just poured out her heart to God. She was in prayer for almost 1 hour 30 minutes. She didn’t even know when she slept off. When she woke up in the middle of the night, she realized that she was lying on the floor. She stood up and fell on her bed and slept like a baby.

Esther stayed at the motel until the end of the holidays. She had become so joyful and spent most of her time studying the Bible and praying. Jennifer helped her to understand some scriptures as they had become good friends over the days. Jennifer had left a day before Esther and Brian left for the capital. Brian’s mother gave Esther a good sum of money to use while at the university. Esther had stayed in touch with her mother who informed her how violent her father had become. She explained that Jacob was becoming suspicious as he kept asking why she could not switch on her phone. He had threatened to go to her aunt’s place to see Esther, but Elder Barnabas had asked him to exercise a little patience, stating that she was in intensive adulthood teaching.

The family driver took Brian and Esther to the university. They arrived in the early hours of the day as they had left in the night. Esther got out of the car reluctantly. She had enjoyed her stay at the motel and wished that it could continue forever. Brian first of all helped her to take her luggage to her room. Angela, who had already arrived, jumped on Esther when she saw her. ”I missed you so much my friend” Angela said. She looked at Brian and when he had left, she turned to Esther and said “Hmm. Are you hiding something from me again? This time around, I will just kill you if you dare try to keep secrets from me.” Esther laughed and put her hand on Angela’s shoulder “Don’t worry, I have a long story for you. Let me just get some rest and once I wake up, I will tell you everything’ she said. “Hmm. I think I love the sound of this” Angela said. Esther thanked Brian and went straight to bed. She was feeling quite tired.
When she woke up, she found Angela reading through a magazine. It was almost noon. Esther woke up, stretching her arms like a baby. Angela went to lie on her chest “Wake up, wake up. I need to hear the story” she said. Esther laughed and woke up. She went to take a bath and came to meet Angela. “Can we go to the public garden? This place is very hot and I want some fresh air. The fan can wait” Esther said. ‘Hmm, I can’t feel the heat that much my dear. Are you alright?” Angela said innocently. Esther pulled her hand and they left the room. They sat under a huge tree at the public garden. Esther narrated her whole story to Angela

Angela: Oh my God! I don’t know what to say to you Esther. I warned you not to throw yourself on David. But anyway, it has already happened and the only thing to do is to move forward. Life goes on. That child is now part of your life and you have to do everything possible to protect it. You need to inform David as soon as possible
Esther: I am not going to do that. David has moved on with his life and the last thing I want to do now is to beg for his love
Angela: You are not begging for his love. You are simply informing him of this situation. He deserves to know and your child needs to know the father too. Don’t be selfish Esther
Esther: Listen Angela. I understand what you are trying to say, but I am not ready to tell him. I don’t want him to come to me just because of this child. I will tell him when the right time comes
Angela: Ok. I won’t force you. I understand how you feel. But I am just glad that you have let go of the depression that took over you
Esther: Jesus has taken away all my pain Angela. I don’t know how to explain this to you, but I am a changed being. I know the change is gradual but I can feel that something about me has changed
Angela: I am happy for you. Brian has always seemed to be a nice guy. May God bless him and his family.
Esther: Amen my dear. I can't pay him and his family, only God can do it.
Angela: I am just so shocked to hear that Jacob was sleeping with Naomi. May her soul rest in peace, but to be honest she was a real witch! And you know what? Yesterday when I arrived, I found some girls talking about Janet and Naomi in the dinning hall when Janet passed. One lady was saying that Janet was now taking over everything that Naomi had including her boyfriends. I couldn't believe my ears
Esther: What a shame! And she called herself Naomi's best friend. Anyway Naomi got what she sowed. She betrayed me big time, telling me to leave Jacob so that she could take over. I thank God I am wiser now
Angela: I wonder what Jacob will do when he finds out that you are pregnant
Esther: I don't care. Let him do what pleases him.

Jacob arrived at Esther's house. Elder Barnabas was the first one to welcome him "welcome my son. Please come in" he said. Jacob did not answer. Elder Barnabas knew that he had come to ask for Esther again. He didn't know what to tell him again. Jacob entered the living room and sat down with a straight face. He did not allow Elder to talk before he opened his mouth and said "Elder. I am very disappointed with you. I can't believe you could lie to me" Elder Barnabas was already getting nervous. "W-h-a-t d-o y-o-u mean my son?" He said stammering. Jacob sighed "You have been lying to me that Esther is at her aunt's place and yet she is not. I was told by one of your neighbours that you chased her out of the house because she is pregnant. I know that what Esther and I did by committing fornication is wrong but please sir I am asking you to forgive us. I am ready to marry Esther even before the pregnancy begins to show. I am sure she is only about 3months down the line so we can get married before everyone knows. I actually gave a huge sum of money to the girl who told me. I asked her to keep her mouth shut" Jacob said

Elder Barnabas and his wife were speechless. Elder couldn't imagine that Esther had been having multiple sex partners. He knew that Esther couldn'tlie about who the father of the child was. But Elder was not ready to face the shame. "If this young man thinks he's the one responsible for this pregnancy, then I will just lie to him that it is indeed his child. Then I can inform Esther and ask her to come back immediately after her exams for her wedding. They can get married without this man ever finding out the truth" he thought to himself so that the imageof our family can be preserved." Esther's mother was in shock as she imagined what could have gotten into her daughter for her to do such a thing. Finally Elder Barnabas spoke "My son. I must say I was very disappointed when I found out that my daughter is pregnant. Esther has never done such a thing in her life. I brought her up in a godly way. However, I do admit that we all aren't perfect and sometimes we do make mistakes. I guess I am the one to blame because I gave both of you too much freedom to be seeing each other in private".... Esther's mother got surprised. She couldn't understand where Elder was heading to. Elder continued " Well the irreparable has been done and the only thing we can do is to move forward with the marriage preparations bec..." before Elder could finish his sentence, Esther's mother shouted "Enough of these lies! Enough! You and I both know that Esther said Jacob is not the father of the child but another guy from school. Someone she loves"

Elder Barnabas and Jacob looked at her in amazement. Elder Barnabas shouted "shut up woman! What do you know? What disrespect is this?" Esther's mother also shouted back "I will not shut up. All my life I have respected and reveranced you, but today I cannot leave you to spoil the life of my child. She's not a toy that we can toss about. She's a human being just like you and I. Esther said she is pregnant for another man and I believe her because her pregnancy is not even up to 2 months. I don't care what anyone says but my daughter deserves to live her life." Jacob stood up and when Elder Barnabas tried to hold his hand to make him sit down, he pushed his hand and shouted "Leave me alone you old liar. You are nothing but a useless liar." Elder Barnabas shouted "How dare you talk to me like this!" Jacob answered "I talk to you the way I want . I cannot respect an old fool whose only desire is to use me for my money. You poor family. If it was not because of me, you would have died in poverty. Useless pigs!" Elder Barnabas could not believe his ears. No one had ever insulted him in such a manner. Jacob left the house in fury. Elder Barnabas looked at his wife and said firmly "You are leaving this house. Esther's mother screamed "Let me leave. I'd rather leave than stay with a guilty conscious of such a pathetic lie. Pack my bags and throw me out of this house please!!" Elder did not know what to do anymore. He hurried to the bedroom while his wife waited for her luggage in the living room.

To be continued
Re: The Elder's Daughter by sazy(m): 10:01am On Sep 15, 2017
The Elder's Daughter: Part 31

Elder Barnabas came back to the living room, breathing profusely. His wife looked at him expecting to see her luggage, but it was nowhere to be seen. She understood that he did not have the courage to chase her out of the house. They both sat in the living room each one facing different directions. Elder Barnabas shook his head “Esther you have brought shame to this house after everything that I have done for you. I am not sure if I should hand you over to Satan or just allow the Lord to deal with you. What will be said of me at church and in this community at large? I will be considered a failure, a man that cannot teach his children the right way to follow. A man that cannot even be respected by his wife. I am sure Jacob will tell everyone everything that has happened here today” he said. Esther’s mother wanted to respond but she held her peace. She stood up and went to the bedroom. Elder Barnabas shouted “Where are you going woman? How dare you walk out on me like that without my permission?” His wife looked at him in anger and walked away, not paying attention to him. Elder Barnabas stood up and ran to the bedroom, locked it and put the keys into his pocket. Esther’s mother paid no attention to him. She just turned back and went to the kitchen while Elder sat down in the living room. Daniel arrived and suspected that something had happened. He went to the kitchen and whispered to his mother to ask what was going on. “I will tell you everything later” his mother said. Suddenly Elder Barnabas shouted “Daniel, please come and buy some lunch for me from the restaurant. I don’t ever want to eat anything from this house!” Daniel hurried to where his father was calling from. He collected the money and went to carry out the errand. “Do what pleases you” Esther’s mother said to herself as she put water on the stove.

In the evening of that very day, Esther decided to switch her phone on. She found more than 50 messages from Jacob. Some of the messages were love messages where he was telling her how much he missed her. Esther sneered as she read. Then she suddenly stumbled upon other messages that seemed quite disrespectful. “You b**tch, sl**t, so all this while you were with me, you were also opening your legs for that idiot of a boy called David…….You are such a LovePeddler. You will regret what you have done. I am about to sue your useless dad for collecting money from me and trying to lie to me that I am responsible for your pregnancy……..we will see just how they will manage to pay off what they have taken form me…….I will inform the whole church about your lack of control………Your parents will be the laughing stock of the whole city…….and many more messages. Esther’s heart beat fast when she read them all. She did not know how to react. She wanted to respond by insulting Jacob and asking him to go to hell, but she erased her messages and kept thinking. She thought of her mother. She wondered what had happened. She was alone in the hostel as Angela had gone out. She then put her phone on the bed and knelt down. “Holy Spirit, I have been told that you are the one that knows all things and that you are my Comforter and Director. Right now I don’t know what to do and how to react. Please help me. I feel like just insulting this man for all the bad things he has done to me, but I am also thinking that you wouldn’t think it’s a good idea. What should I do?” she prayed. She continued on her knees and thought about what to do. Someone knocked at the door and when she opened the door she found that it was Brian. “Hello my dear Esther, how are you doing?” he said. Esther was happy to see him “I am doing fine Brian and you? I hope you had some rest” she said. “Yes I did, thank you. I came to ask if you don’t mind going with me to the Christian students’ fellowship Bible study and prayer meeting. It starts in the next 30 minutes. I am sorry I had to come straight to your room. That’s because I couldn’t get hold of you on the phone” Brian answered. Esther looked excited “Of course Brian, with all pleasure. I just switched on my phone a couple of minutes ago. Let me call my friend Angela to go with us…..Oh there she is…Angela sweetheart, let’s go for Bible study. I think you and I both need it” she said as Angela walked in. Angela happily accepted and they all left at once.

The meeting was being held in one of the classrooms. A good number of students were all inside the hall as others also came in. Brian went round greeting the students. He seemed to be quite popular as everyone greeted him back with so much respect. He asked Esther and Angela to sit down, gave them two note books and pens and went to the front. He looked at his watch and said “Ok dear brethren, I think it is now time for us to start. It is indeed good to see you all after our short break. Shall we all be on our feet as we give thanks to our God for yet another privilege to be in his presence this evening?” All the students stood up and with hands lifted up, gave thanks to God. Esther and Angela prayed along and after about five minutes, Brian invited a young lady to lead them in worship. The lady had such a beautiful voice. Esther went down on her knees as they sang songs of worship. She felt so good and relaxed. She didn’t want it to stop, but finally the worship was over and it was now time for the Bible study to commence. One of the male students rose up and introduced the theme of the study “Today we shall be looking at how to overcome evil with good. Let us all open the book of Romans chapter 12 and verse 21 which says Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Can someone please tell me what they think this means? ” he said. Some students raised up their hands and gave their own explanation of what they thought could be the meaning. The student then asked them to form groups of 4 people in order to discuss the scripture. Esther and Angela belonged to the same group with two other fellows. They listened carefully as they spoke. Esther and Angela also gave their views on the subject. When it was time to consolidate their answers, Brian stood up and gave a small teaching on the subject “Brethren we all know that one of the hardest things to do is to be good to those who have wronged us. But we have to understand that Christ commanded us to do so. Can you imagine that even when he had been crucified, He still asked the Father to forgive them? It’s simply because He was filled with the love of the Father in Him. We all need to learn to forgive those that have hurt us. I know it’s not an easy thing to do, but it brings healing to you. Lack of forgives is like drinking poison and expecting someone else to die. When we forgive, we manifest divine nature and we free our hearts from bitterness. I know someone might have hurt you. I know maybe someone even sent you a disrespectful message or even insulted you, but I advise you to forgive and forget. Leave all things in the hands of the Lord who is the rewarder of all men, whether good or bad. Your role is to forgive and God’s role is to reward. That is why I am asking each and every one of you to bow your heads down and think about anyone that has hurt you and you have been finding it hard to forgive. Imagine Jesus on the cross asking the Father to forgive those that pierced his body with swords, cursed him, spat on him and hanged him on the cross. Then liberate yourself from the bitterness and free your life from captivity. None of you here deserves to be held in captivity. No one has the right to be master over you. You can free yourself now” Brian said.

All of a sudden, some students began to cry. Esther was trying to retain her tears but when she saw Angela on her knees crying, she burst out into tears and also cried. Brian shouted “Forgive them, liberate your life, tell the Father that you have forgiven them. Free yourself. You have the key to open the door to freedom now. Go ahead and just free your mind right now.” He also knelt down and prayed. Esther prayed “Oh my Father. I forgive everyone that has hurt me. I forgive my father, my mother. Yes I forgive David and Jacob and I ask you to forgive me also for keeping malice in my heart. Father liberate me today and let me live in total freedom.” Angela was also on her knees pouring her heart out to God. When they had finished praying, they all held hands and prayed together. After prayers, they greeted each other: handshakes and hugs, encouraging each other in the Lord. Esther and Angela were excited. Brian hugged both of them with a smile on his face “God bless you both for coming” he said. One lady came to meet him and asked him to pray for her concerning a certain issue. He held her by the hand and went to sit down with her a few meters away. Angela and Esther looked at him as he held her hands and prayed with her. “This man is heaven sent” Esther said. ‘You can say that again. He is so full of love and compassion” Angela answered. When Brian had finished, they left the classroom and headed to their rooms. Brian cracked some jokes and the two ladies laughed so hard. As they were walking, they met David coming from the opposite direction. He looked at them in surprise. Esther’s heart was beating so fast. David did not expect any greeting from Esther, but he got the shock of his life when Esther ran to give him a hug “David. It’s so good to see you after such a while. How are you my dear?” she said. Before David could try to figure out what was happening, Angela also gave him a hug “Hello Mr. David, what’s up?” she said. “Er-er-er-er I am fine thank you ladies. What a surprise! You both look very good” he said. He looked at Brian who was smiling and gave him a handshake “Hi bro. How are you? I have not forgotten about your invitation to the fellowship. I will come very soon. I have just been busy with work and school” David said. Brian smiled “No problem bro. You are welcome at any time” he said. David longed to talk to Esther, but he did not know just how to go about it. Esther smiled and left with Brian and Angela. David looked back and thought “Wow. What is going on? Why can’t I control my feelings over this girl? She looks so radiant like never before. Something about her has changed.”

The next couple of days, David was still thinking about Esther. He desired to talk to her, but he was afraid of her reaction. “After what I did to her, I don’t think she could ever want to be friends with me again. And I hope that she is not seeing that born again guy. I love this girl. I can’t seem to forget about her no matter what happens. Eish!” he thought to himself as he lay on the bed on night. He picked up his phone and sent her a message “Hello Esther”

Esther: Hi David. Good evening

David: Good evening my dear. How are you?

Esther: I am fine thanks by God’s grace and you?

David: I am a little bit fine

Esther: Why a little bit? Is everything ok?

David: Not really, but I’ll be fine I guess

Esther: Ok. May God give you strength to get over whatever situation you are facing

David: Amen. Thanks. So what’s up with you?

Esther: I am fine. I couldn’t be better.

David: I am happy to hear that. You looked so radiant the other day when we met. Beautiful as ever!

Esther: Thank you

David: Are you still with your fiancé?

Esther: lol. Why the question?

David: I just want to know. We are friends aren’t we?

Esther: Sure. Maybe we can talk about it another time. I am feeling sleepy right now. Good night my dear. May God protect you

David: Oh come on! Let’s just chat for a few more minutes then you can go to sleep.

Esther: Later my dear. Good night

David: Please, I am on my knees. Please

Esther did not respond to the message. David called her but she did not pick up. “What is wrong with me? This girl is engaged for heaven’s sake! Why are my feelings getting even stronger?” he said to himself, throwing the phone on the other side of the bed.

Early in the morning as Elder Barnabas was pulling some weeds from the garden, he received visitors. It was Jacob, his father and three other elders from the church, including the Chief Elder. Elder Barnabas knew he was in trouble “Oh dear Lord, help me” he said. He went to meet them and asked them to enter the living room. Esther’s mother was in the living room. She respectfully greeted all of them even though Jacob refused to greet both her and Elder.

When they sat down, Esther’s mother offered them something to drink but they all rejected the offer. “Thank you my dear, but I am alright. God bless you” the Chief Elder said. He also demanded that she sits with them as they had something to discuss with them.

Chief Elder: My fellow Elders, son and sister I greet you all in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. We apologize to you Elder Barnabas for embarking on this journey to you house without even notifying you in advance. But I believe this is a matter that has to be dealt with much sense of urgency. We received information here from our son Jacob that his supposedly fiancée who happens to be your daughter has committed an abomination both before men and before God by becoming pregnant for another man

Jacob’s father: Aieeee! Jesus!

Chief Elder: Before I go any further, I would like to hear from the horse’s mouth if indeed what we have heard is true

Elder Barnabas: Well, according to my daughter, she is pregnant for another man. However, Jacob here confessed to us some few days back that he also had sexual intercourse with her, so we cannot tell the whole truth here unless maybe we carry out the tests necessary to know who the father is

Jacob: Which tests? You think I am mad? Your wife here told me that she is not up to 2 months pregnant so I cannot be the father of that bastard

Esther’s mother: How dare you talk about my daughter like that in our house! Listen to me you disrespectful fool. If you have nothing good to say here, I will personally chase you out of this house! Nonsense!

Jacob: Not until you have paid back everything you stole from me

Chief Elder: Jacob! Shut up and sit down here! What kind of a thing is this? Can’t you allow us to finish before you can talk? Have some respect please!…….. Now, Elder Barnabas, your daughter told you that Jacob is not responsible for her pregnancy and even your wife here confirmed it. We all know that this young man Jacob had good intentions towards your family by asking for the hand of your daughter in marriage and also showed goodwill towards you all. However, your daughter paid him with evil by stabbing him on his back. We are all so disappointed and after having some discussions with the church disciplinary committee, we have come up with some decisions that will need to be taken. Please note that all these decisions are biblical and we are doing them for the good of the church which is Christ’s body. The first thing we have decided to do is to call off the planned wedding of our son to your daughter, Esther with immediate effect.

Jacob’s father: Oh yes!!!!

Chief Elder: and according to our son here, he wants to take back some of the things that he gave to you as a gift for granting him the hand of your daughter in marriage. I have a list of the things here on this paper. They include: the car, the dowry amount in totality, at least half of the amount he spent on fertilizer for your farm and also the two phones he bought for you and your son Daniel. He also says there are many other things he got for you, but he has decided to forgive you and count them out, out of respect for you. Then the second decision that was taken is your excommunication from the Elders’ board and any other leadership position that you hold in church. This also means that you can longer occupy the Elder’s seat behind the Reverend. You will now be seating in the congregation like ordinary members. It is not a good example to have an Elder who cannot teach his children moral values. But please understand that this does not mean that you are no longer welcome in the church. The church belongs to Jesus and you are free to worship there anytime you want. So please, feel free. We are still brethren in the Lord.

Elder Barnabas felt like a sharp sword was pierced his heart. He did not know what to say, but he gathered the little courage he had and said “My dear Elders. I have heard everything that you have said and I am ready to comply with it. However, I am asking you to plead with our son Jacob to give me some time to gather the money necessary to pay him back for the things he bought for us. As you know, I am on retirement and I am still waiting for my retirement package to arrive.

Chief Elder: That is no problem. How long do you think you will need to gather this amount?

Elder Barnabas: Well at least 12 months

Jacob: What! 12 months for what? Did it take me 12 months to give it to you? I need my money within two months because I will start preparing for my wedding with another lady who deserves my love and care.

Chief Elder: Jacob! Please calm down. Our Elder, I mean Barnabas, has explained to us that he does not have enough money. I suggest we give him at least 6 months to pay back the debt. Barnabas, is that ok?

Elder Barnabas: Yes my Elder. I will try my best

Chief Elder: Ok, thank you very much for your time. We need to leave now. So since our son is here with us, I think it will be better for you to give him back the car and the two phones.

Elder Barnabas slowly walked to his room. He went to Daniel’s room also and came back with the car keys and the two phones in his hands. He then handed them over to the Chief Elder who departed from the living room. As they got outside, Jacob said “Chief Elder, please help me drive this car to your house. I will pick it up later in the evening. And here, you can give these phones to your daughter Clara and her sister.” The Chief Elder entered the car with the other visitors and Jacob entered his car with his father. Esther’s’ mother watched them as they left with tears running from her eyes. She felt broken. Daniel was also watching from the window. Elder Barnabas slowly entered the house with so much sadness. He sat down on the chair and put his hand on his chin. He breathed deeply as he thought about everything that had happened.

To be continued…..
Re: The Elder's Daughter by sazy(m): 8:22pm On Sep 16, 2017
The Elder's Daughter: Part 32

“Mom. I know that what I did was wrong by engaging myself in immoral activities, but I want you to know that Jacob is not the person you think he is. He is a monster” Esther said when her mother called her on the phone in the evening. “I know my daughter. I do not condemn you in any way. Whatever has happened has happened and we need to trust in God for the way forward. Your father is still in shock and I believe that with time, he shall get over it” her mother answered. “I will try my best to find something to do here so that I can help him to gather money to pay off the debt that he owes Jacob. I know God will make a way for us” Esther answered. It was a long discussion. Her mother didn’t want to cut the line. She had gone to one of her trusted neighbors to make the call as Elder and her son didn’t have phones again. Tears filled her eyes as she talked to her daughter. Esther was also filled with pity. She imagined what the family was going through. “Anyway, God is in control” she said to herself. Jacob kept sending her warning messages with abusive language, but Esther did not respond. “Angela, do you know how I can block this man? I am honestly tired of seeing his messages all the time” she said. Angela took her phone and with a simple click, blocked Jacob’s calls and messages. Esther was happy and felt relieved. She received another message ‘Oh no, I hope he is not using another number now!” Esther shouted. She opened the message and sighed “Oh thank heavens! It’s not him. It’s David. I wonder what he wants this time around” she said. Angela looked at her with curiosity. The message read “Hi Esther. Can we meet this evening at 7. I have something important to discuss with you. Please.” Esther shook her head “Men! When they want something, they can be very deceiving” she said.

Angela: But Esther. I thought you had always loved David. Don’t you think this is your opportunity to make things right with him?

Esther: Which things? Yes I did love David, but I am no longer desperate for love. I found the love and peace I was looking for in Christ.

Angela: I understand and you are perfectly right. No one loves us more than Christ, but David is the father of your child and he needs to know. Do you want to have a child that will not know its father?

Esther: Angie, with time, I will inform him about it. I just don’t want him to think that I am using my pregnancy to have him in my life. You know I am no longer the person I used to be. I no longer look down on myself. I have read from the Bible that I have so much value in the eyes of Father and that is why He even sent His only Son to die for me. I cannot be chasing after love from men. Love should find me where I am. David is seeing Betty and I definitely don’t want to be the cause of their separation. If he truly loves me, he will put everything in order and come after me.

Angela: But don’t you think that is what he is trying to do?

Esther: No I don’t think so. I think he is trying to be selfish. It’s not even more than two months since I saw both of them together. He cannot be jumping from one lady to another and at the moment, I don’t even want to get involved with any man. I want to concentrate on my studies and see the way forward. God will bring the right man to me when the time is right. You have always told me to do so. So I don’t understand why you are now pushing me to David

Angela: Because I care about you and your child

Esther: Don’t worry dear. Everything is under control. As for David, he can continue in his state of confusion. May God help him and show him the way

Angela laughed “Wow! You have really changed and I guess you have changed for the good. I am happy” she said. Esther smiled and continued revising, completely ignoring David’s message.

The final exams were coming up in the next three weeks and students were preparing adequately. Esther and Angela were also in deep preparations for the exams. They were constantly revising and studying hard. They continued attending the Christian students’ fellowship and were becoming even more excited about knowing more about God. Brian was ever kind and friendly. The three: Angela, Esther and Brian had now become best of friends within a short period of time. They were usually found together after classes and did revisions together as they all studied the same course. David was becoming more paranoid. He had tried his best to get in touch with Esther but it was all to no avail as she also tried her best to avoid him. At times, he went to see her in her room, but she would ask Angela to tell him that she was not around. He still hoped to see her soon.

One afternoon during lunch break, David found Esther, Angela and Brian having lunch together. His heart was filled with jealousy. He sat behind them constantly looking at them. He could see Esther laughing loudly as Brian talked. “She looks more beautiful every single day I see her” he said to himself. He ate his lunch with anger and left. In the evening, as he was going to his shop, he met Brian on the way to their Bible study. David told himself that it was his chance to talk to Brian. Brian was the first to greet him with a merry heart “Hello bro . How are you doing?” he said.

David: I am doing fine thank you and you?

Brian: Very well, by God’ grace. I am still waiting for you hahaha

David: Hahaha. No problem my bro. I will come very soon.

Brian: Ok. Remember that we only have a few weeks left before the end of the term

David: Sure. I will be there soon. Actually I am glad that I met you today. I wanted to find out something from you. I hope you can spare a few minutes

Brian: Definitely. Our prayer meeting starts in the next 20 minutes or so. So you can go ahead. I am all ears

David: Thanks man. I don’t you know if you are aware that Esther and Angela have been my very good friends for over three years now

Brian: Oh yes, I am aware of it.

David: Great. Well, I just wanted to find out something from you. Please forgive my curiosity. I am not trying to poke my nose in your business but I just want to clarify certain things. Are you seeing any of those ladies?

Brian: Hahaha. What a question! Anyway I do understand why you ask such a question. I know that of late, we have been quite close. No, I am not seeing any of them bro. They are just my friends. I actually have a fiancée but she is not in this school. Esther and Angela are very good ladies. We fellowship together.

David: Oh ok. Thank you for the information. Sorry again for my curiosity, but do you know if Esther is still engaged?

Brian: Hmm. That can only be answered by Esther herself because I don’t think she would be happy to hear that I am talking about her private life. But why all these questions, if I may ask?

David: phew! It’s a long story bro. you definitely seem to be like someone that is trustworthy, but I don’t think it is of use to tell you about it. Maybe I am just being paranoid for nothing.

Brian: You don’t have to be. Maybe I can help. Are you in love with her?

David: hmm. I don’ t know what to say. We have known each other for a long time now and so many things have happened between the two of us. We went from best of friends to enemies, even though she pretends as if she has nothing against me. The truth is that I have fallen deeply in love with her and I don’t know what to do. I know she has a fiancé but I feel she is not meant for him

Brian: How do you know that she is meant for you?

David: I can feel it in my bones bro. I have met different girls in my life, but none of them has stolen my heart like Esther. I have tried so many times to forget about her, but the feeling won’t go away. And the strange part is that ever since we came back from the short break, the day I saw her, I felt like there is something connecting both of us. I can’t explain it, but the feeling was so strong

Brian: What do you mean?

David: I don’t know mehn! I felt like she was having a part of me. I don’t know how to explain it anyway. Maybe I am just being too obsessed with this girl.

Brian kept quiet for a while. He knew exactly why David was feeling that way, but he dared not tell him the truth.

Brian: Well bro. I understand perfectly how you are feeling. I have been and I am still in love with my fiancée and I know how I felt when our relationship was almost being torn apart

David: Really? And how did you manage to solve the issue

Brian: Well, our story might be a little different from yours, but I just made up my mind to conquer her love for me. I put childish things aside and did my very best to win her heart again. You know, I learnt that women love strong willed men; they want to be conquered at all times. So if you truly think that both of you are meant to be together, then go for it. You might start by following me to the fellowship now because Esther will be there. Hahaha

David: Oh really? Then I won’t take any chances. I am coming with you

Brian: Hahaha. So now that you have heard that Esther is there, you finally decide to come? May God arrest you

David: Hahaha. Yes indeed!

Brian and David hurried to the classroom where the prayer meeting and Bible study were being held. David was excited as he hoped to see Esther. As usual, a good number of students were already gathered inside. David sat right at the back and the meeting started. He kept looking back and forth to see if Esther was there. He was not even praying when the opening prayer was announced. Five minutes after the start of the meeting, Esther and Angela walked in. David’s heart beat fast as he looked at Esther. However, Esther and Angela had not seen him. They went straight to some seats in front and joined in the prayers. The Bible study for that day was centered on “living to please God”

Brian was the one taking the teaching for the day. He talked about how one can live a life that pleases God. He explained with so much enthusiasm and conviction. David, who had not been paying much attention, was drawn to the teaching when Brian gave his personal testimony “I am a living testimony of what I am saying right now. I used to live a worldly life, a life that had no meaning. My parents gave me everything that I needed. I had money and could go anywhere I wanted, but deep within me, I felt an empty space that needed to be filled. I thought I could find fulfilment in drinking, womanizing and even stealing, but all these things led me into more frustration. I was trying to find my purpose of living, but it was to no avail. I hurt the people that loved me: my parents and even my fiancé. I thank God for their love. They kept praying for me. But a day came when I had to take a decision that changed my life. I was driving one night after a long drinking spree with my friends at a night club. On the way, I lost control of the car and it went straight into the forest. The car turned at least twice before hitting a huge tree. I hang upside down with blood dripping from my nose, ears and mouth. I could not feel my legs anymore because they were stuck. I was hoping to see passersby to rescue me but there was none because it was in the middle of the night. At that particular time, I remembered my mother’s words “God is a present help in times of need.” I was afraid to call on God because I knew He knew that I had been a bad person. I felt I was not qualified to even mention His name. I feared that He would just kill me brutally. But somehow, as the pain on my head became intense, I had no option but to give it a try. So with pain and shame all over my face, I cried <God. If truly you can hear me, please come to my rescue. I know I haven’t been a good person but I promise that if you bring me out of this situation, I will change and serve you all the days of my life. I will tell people about you and I will not be ashamed of you> I could see, because of the lights of the car, blood that was dripping on the ground from my nose. I was losing hope. I told myself that God couldn’t possibly hear a sinner like me. But suddenly, I heard a noise. My car made a crack and within a few seconds, it fell on one side, allowing me to go through the other door. I crawled out of the car with the little strength I had. I dragged one of my legs because I was badly hurt. Then I started moving, dragging my feet towards one direction. I knew the area very well so I knew where I was: there was a small village just on the east side of the road. I took the journey towards the village. It was painful, but I knew God had given me a second chance to live. After a couple of minutes, I could see some lights. I rushed in desperation. I had arrived in the village. Everyone seemed to be sleeping and with a loud voice I cried out “Help me! Somebody help me!” Some men form the village came out with hunting guns to see what was going on. I was already on the ground lying in a pool of blood. I lifted up my hand and cried again “Please help me.” And that was the last thing I remembered. When I woke up, I found myself in a small hospital. I was later told that the village men had taken me to their local clinic. My body was full of bandages, but I was glad that God had given me another chance to live. My parents were informed and they transferred me to a private clinic. My brethren, within a few weeks, I had totally recovered: no broken bone, no fracture. I was bouncing in sound health. I came out not only good physically, but spiritually also because I had been renewed. I had been forgiven and given a second chance. Today, I can proudly say that I am a living testimony of God’s mercies and grace. Maybe you are here and you are wondering what life holds for you. You are not sure of the reason of your existence. I have good news for you: Jesus is here waiting for you. He is ready to take you back if only you make the decision to follow Him like I did and just like me, He will change your life and make you a whole new person” Brian said. Everyone clapped their hands. David was touched. He had never heard such a profound message. He fought in his heart whether to respond to the call that was being made or not. Some few students stood up and went to the front. He also stood up and joined them, with his hand on his chest.

Esther and Angela looked at each other in astonishment. Esther couldn’t believe that David had been there all along. Brian smiled with joy in his heart as he saw David giving his life to Christ. The whole group stood up and sang songs of praise. When the meeting was over, Esther walked up to David and said “Hi David. It’s good to see you here. What brought you here?” David smiled “Hi Esther. The same thing that brought you here” he said. Brian came to meet them and shook hands with David, congratulating him for the decision he had just taken “You’ll never regret it my bro” he said. David looked so touched and humbled. He was quiet and kept looking at Esther. Esther, who seemed to be suspicious of him, said “It was nice seeing you. I need to go now. I have some things to do urgently.” David wanted to talk to her, but Brian made a sign to him to hold his peace. Esther and Angela left. Angela clapped her hands “Wow. I am so happy to know that David has joined us” she said. Esther was quiet. She then answered “I don’t think his salvation is genuine. I believe he only came there to show me that he is now interested in church things. Men can be very subtle and I am not ready to fall for his gimmicks. I am not a small girl anymore. It’s just sad that people can even use God to get have their targets met.” Angela could not continue the discussion as she could see that Esther was not considering it a laughing matter.

That evening Esther was taking a walk near the hostels when she met Betty. Betty gave her a hug ‘Hello Esther. It’s been a long time. How are you doing?” she said. Esther was not very happy to see her, but she gave a fake smile “Hi betty. I am doing fine thanks and you?” she said. “Oh I am alright. Just running a little late. I have a date with David tonight and I am sure he has been waiting for me for a long time. Hahaha. I’ll see you later. Take care” Betty said. Esther smiled “Oh great. Please pass my regards to him” she said. Betty went running to prove her point. Esther shook her head “Hmm. David you are a wolf in sheep’s clothing” she said to herself. Surprisingly, a few minutes after that, David sent a message to Esther which read “Hi Esther. I was happy to see you this evening. I had a wonderful time. I feel so relieved and I believe this is the beginning of a new chapter in my life. I hope we can meet one of these days. I miss you my friend.” Esther read the message with so much frustration. She took her phone and blocked David’s number. She was determined not to hear from him again.

To be continued…….
Re: The Elder's Daughter by kisscivic(m): 8:19pm On Sep 18, 2017
I have been refreshing this page to see if there is an update.
Re: The Elder's Daughter by sazy(m): 2:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
kisscivic:
I have been refreshing this page to see if there is an update.
Sorry sir...was busy..will try and finish it
Re: The Elder's Daughter by sazy(m): 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
The Elder's Daughter: Part 33

Elder Barnabas had become hysterical. He tried to figure out how he could get the money to pay off the debt. He had tried to go to the department of pensions to request for his benefits but he was told they could only be ready after about six months. He was getting devastated. “Please bring my black coat over here. It’s almost 8 am and we are late for church service. Mtcheww!” Elder Barnabas shouted at his son Daniel. He had refrained from talking to his wife the way he used to. Only on rare occasions did he speak a few words to her. His wife was not bothered at all. She knew that it was just a phase and that it would soon pass and things would go back to normal. They all hurried and walked to the church, as it was not very far.

As they entered the church auditorium, they all sat in the congregation. Elder was feeling terrible and ashamed because of the situation. He looked at his fellow elders seated behind the Reverend. The Chief Elder looked at him and quickly turned his face to the altar. Jacob was also seated behind the elders. After a few minutes, he climbed the altar and led the congregation in the reading of the call to worship. Esther’s mother looked at him in anger. Seated a few pews from them was Clara, the Chief Elder’s daughter and her friends. As the service was going on, Esther’s mother noticed that Clara was pointing at them. She seemed to be whispering something to her friend and they both laughed to scorn. Esther’s mother did not mind. She listened carefully to the teachings. At the end of the service, Elder Barnabas went to greet the other elders, but most of them seemed to be ignoring him. One of them said to him “Elder, you know that you are not supposed to come near these seats. If you truly wanted to greet us, you should have waited until we come to the congregation seats. This is an abomination.” Elder was shocked. “Has it gotten to this?” he said, with his hands on his waist. The elder did not respond. He just looked at Elder Barnabas and turned back. Elder Barnabas left the elders’ pews and went to meet his wife and son who were waiting for him outside. Meanwhile, Clara and her friend passed near Esther’s mother. Clara clapped her hands and laughed “That’s what happens when you think you are holier than anyone in church. Haha. Nothing is hidden under the sun. Eventually the truth always comes out. Some girls pretend as if they are holy and yet they are opening their legs for any man that passes by” she said. Esther’s mother was hurt by these words. She pulled Clara by her dress and warned her “If you ever try to talk nonsense about my daughter, I will personally beat you and throw you on the road. Silly girl!” she said. Some worshippers who were watching came to separate them. “What is going on here Mama Esther?” the man said. Esther’s mother refused to respond. Elder Barnabas and Daniel pulled her by the hand and drew her out of the church premises. Clara shouted, shedding fake tears “I don’t know what I have done to her. I was just discussing with my friend here. Instead of disciplining her daughter, she thinks she can pounce on me. Remove the log in your own eye before you can remove the speck in another man’s eye” she cried.

Elder Barnabas was furious “What is wrong with you? How can you be fighting with such a small girl? Now people will think that we are a useless family!” he said to her. Esther’s mother kept quiet. She wanted to answer him back, back because of the respect she had for him, she decided to keep quiet. Daniel was shocked by everything that was happening in his family. Elder Barnabas arrived home and went straight to lie on his bed.

“Esther I wish to speak to you for a minute please” Brian said to Esther as they left the class in the evening. “Sure, let’s sit over there” Esther said pointing to some benches outside. Angela went back to the hostel.

Brian: Esther I know that we have discussed this issue before but I just want to encourage you to think about it again. It’s about David.

Esther: Oh Brian please leave this matter. I have told you several times that I don’t want to have anything to do with that guy.

Brian: He’s not just a guy; he is the father of your unborn child. You can’t leave him in the open air just like that. He deserves to know what is going on. For the past five days now, ever since he gave his life to Christ, he has been coming to my room every evening to have a Bible study with me. I cannot say that he is perfect, but my spirit tells me that he is a good man. He is a few years older than me but I have never seen such humility in a man like the one he has. He literally listens to everything I tell him and is always ready to take up any task I ask him to do.

Esther: People can pretend. I know that he only came to the fellowship simply because he wanted to see me and since he knows that you and I are friends, he wants to use you to get to me. His salvation is not genuine

Brian: God forbid! Esther how can you even say such a thing? Who are you to judge another man’s salvation? Instead of thanking God for the salvation of a soul, you are busy condemning this guy. That’s not what the Lord asks us to do. Can you imagine if we all had to be judged based on things we have done in the past?

Esther was quiet for a moment. She regretted her words and felt bad.

Esther: You are right. I have no right to say such a thing. But Brian, you need to put yourself in my shoes. How do you expect me to just bring him back in my life after everything that has happened?

Brian: I am not asking you to bring him back into your life. I am only asking you to inform him about the pregnancy. And anyway, what wrong did David commit? You had a fiancé and you were even seen with another man. David only moved on with his life. Did you expect him to put his life on hold simply because he was in love with you? And anyway, all those things are in the past now. He is a new creature. Old things have passed away and everything has become new.

Esther: Nothing has become new. Do you know that the same day he came to the fellowship, I met Betty who was boasting of a date she had with him that night?

Brian: What? Are you serious?

Esther: Of course! And you expect me to believe him! I am not a fool

Brian: Hmm. Anyway, only God knows the truth. I cannot say that the lady was lying but one thing I know is that David is ready for change. I have seen it in his eyes. I can only ask you to continue praying for him to be established in the faith because God has great plans for him

Esther: Ok!

Esther walked to her hostel convinced that David was just trying to play games with her. She was determined to hide the information from him. Meanwhile, David attended the next fellowship meeting with them. Esther was trying to ignore him and thought he would try to talk to her. However, David seemed so carried away by the prayers that he hardly even looked at Esther. Immediately after the meeting, he came rushing to where Esther and Angela were standing and greeted them with a smile “Ok, great. I will see you guys later. I need to rush to my shop. God bless” he said and quickly left the class, waving to Brian. “Hmm. Someone is trying to play hard to get again” Angela said. Esther smiled “Maybe it’s his new strategy, but I won’t fall for it” she said. Much to Esther’s surprise, this situation continued even during the next meeting days. David was always focused on prayers and the Bible study and rarely had time to even talk to Esther and Angela. Esther was becoming restless because of this situation. She wondered what was going on. “I am sure he has decided to focus on his relationship with Betty. May God grant them favor. As for you my baby, don’t worry about anything. God is here for us and will definitely take good care of us” she said to herself, placing her hands on her tummy. It was Friday afternoon and she was revising as exams were to start the following Monday. She was also scheduled to lead the Bible study that evening. Suddenly, she started feeling some sharp pains in her stomach. They were quite painful that she shouted “Ouch! Ouch! That hurts!” She took her phone and called Angela who came running. She found Esther lying on the bed with hands on her stomach. ‘Esther, what is it?” she asked in fear as she sat next to her. “I am having some sharp pains in my tummy. I think I need to go to the hospital” Esther said. Angela helped her to get up and helped her to put on her shoes. “Let’s go to the dispensary now” Angela said. Esther said firmly “No, I don’t want to go to the dispensary. Let’s go to the general hospital. I don’t want anyone at the dispensary to know that I am pregnant” she said. They both walked out of the hostel slowly. Esther tried to be strong.

“Oh there is nothing to worry about. These are just normal physical changes your body goes through as it gears up for carrying your baby. They will eventually disappear with time. Just make sure you don’t involve yourself in heavy physical exercise, have enough rest and drink a lot of fluids especially water. You can try to take a walk from time to time and also ask your husband to give your lower back a gentle rub” the Doctor said to Esther after the tests. Esther looked at Angela and smiled ‘Husband indeed” she said. She stood up, thanked the doctor and they left. Throughout the day, she was not feeling very well, so she decided to send a message to Brian to inform him about it and excuse herself from not being able to attend the prayer meeting that evening. Brian called her and prayed with her on the phone. In the evening after the meeting, Brian who was rushing to come and pay Esther a visit was called by David. ‘Hey bro. Where are you rushing to?” he asked. “I am going to see Esther. I was told that she is not feeling very well today. That is why she couldn’t make it this evening and Angela said she also had to be absent in order to keep an eye on her” Brian answered. “Do you know what is wrong?” David asked. Brian hesitated for a while and then said “Hmm. I am not very sure yet”

David insisted that he would go with Brian. When they arrived, they found Esther lying on her bed, covering herself with a blanket. She was surprised to see David. She trembled in fear as she thought that Brian had told him the truth. David greeted her and gave her a warm hug “Hello Esther. What are you doing on the bed and who told you that you are sick? Come on get up and show the world that you are strong!” he said jokingly. Esther and everyone in the room laughed. “I am feeling much better thanks David” she answered. “So madam, have you taken any medication?” Brian asked. He was trying to avoid so many questions as he did not want David to suspect anything. “Yes I have. The doctor prescribed some medicine for me. I am actually feeling much better now” she said. David kept starring at her with admiration. The feeling was stronger than him. They discussed and David made them laugh so hard with his jokes. Esther remembered how she used to laugh with him. Her heart felt the pain of losing him. She wished that things could work out again between them, but she was not ready to force him especially with Betty on the scene.

ONE WEEK LATER

Esther had made the decision to stay a while before going back home. She was thinking of getting a job as Angela who had already spoken to her dad, was ready to host her in their house.

David: Bro. I am planning to talk to Esther after the exams

Brian: Really? About what?

David: I want to tell her how much I love her and how willing I am to make things right between us. I heard that she will not be going back to her hometown after the results. I want to use that opportunity to spend quality time with her. I am even ready to rent a room for her here in town.

Brian: Wow, that sounds great. You go for it bro!

David: Sure. I am not ready to lose this girl. I love her so much and she is the only person that has ever made me happy.

Exams were over. The students awaited their results with impatience. Angela received a message from one of their fellow students to announce to them that the results had come out. Esther and Angela rushed out to check them out. A crowd had gathered outside their department, reading the results. Esther and Angela pushed their way through. Brian shouted “We have all made it my ladies!” Angela screamed “Are you serious or you are joking?” Esther had already made it halfway through the crowd. She came out screaming “Yes Angie we made it. Our names are there!” Angela was quite short so she had to go to the front in order to see clearly. When she saw her name she screamed with joy “Yes! Yes! We did it!” she hugged Esther and Brian. They were filled with excitement. Angela took her phone and called her father to inform him. Esther also decided to call her mother on Daniel’s phone but it was not going through “Oh I forgot that he no longer has a phone. I’ll need to call dad’s line then because mom said he has started using his old phone” she said to herself. She was hesitant to call her father’s line as she was not sure if he would answer. But she gathered her courage and called him. It rang for a few seconds without an answer. Just when Esther was about to cut the line thinking that he had refused to pick it up, her mother answered in a low tone “Hi Esther. Good day my dear.” She said. “Mom I made it. I passed my exams with flying colors!” she shouted. “Praise to our God who is the giver of wisdom and knowledge” her mother said gently. Esther wondered why she spoke in such a low voice “Mom, are you alright? Why are you speaking so low? Is everything okay there?” she asked. Her mother started crying. “It’s your father...” she said. Esther screamed “Mother, what is it? What is happening to my father?” Esther shouted. “He just had a stroke and is in a coma right now” her mother answered. Esther sat on a nearby bench. She could feel her stomach rumbling already.

Esther” Mummy, what happened?

Esther’s mother: He has been so depressed of late. He keeps thinking about how he will pay off the debt. He doesn’t eat much no matter how much I force him. This morning, he woke up complaining of a severe headache. I made breakfast for him and even gave him some painkillers, but around 10:30am, he just collapsed. We took him to the hospital and I was told he had a stroke. One part of his body is paralyzed and his mouth is crooked.

Esther: Oh my God! Oh my God! Father, no!

Esther’s mother: God is in control. The doctor said he is out of danger, but he is still in a coma. Your brother and I are at the hospital right now, waiting for him to wake up. God is in control

Esther: I need to leave this evening. I need to be there

Esther’s mother: No my daughter. Finish what you have to do there. Your brother and I are here and God is on our side too. He will be fine

Esther: No mom. I have already finished my exams. I can always ask them to send me the statement of results by post. I can’t stay here knowing that my father’s life is in danger. I am going to pack my things now. Please keep the phone by your side. I will be calling you from time to time.

Brian and Angela had come to hear what was happening. Esther narrated to them what her mother had said. They held her hands to comfort her as Brian prayed for Elder Barnabas’ healing. They both agreed to the fact that Esther needed to travel back to her hometown to be with her family. Brian rushed to the nearest restaurant and bought her a lot of food to carry on her journey. He also gave her a fair amount of money to use. “I will send you more money to help foot the hospital bills by tomorrow” he said to Esther as they helped her to pack her luggage that evening. Angela was in tears “I am so sad. I was looking forward to spending time with you at home as planned. May God bring healing to your dad” she said. Esther shed tears too. “Amen. I will definitely come back after a month or so. I am sure by that time, my father would have recovered” she said. Brian kept singing songs of worship and praying. “Aren’t you going to inform David about your trip?” Brian asked. “No. I do not think it is necessary” Esther said. “Ok. I understand. I will let him know once you have gone because I know that he will ask me about you” Brian said. Esther nodded her head. They took her to the car park and when the bus was full, they hugged her goodbye and left. Esther cried as they left. She would miss them. She also thought of her father and sorrow filled her heart “Dear God, please save my father. Heal him and make him whole” she said to herself. The bus started off and another long journey began

To be continued…………………………….
Re: The Elder's Daughter by sazy(m): 1:37pm On Sep 21, 2017
The Elder's Daughter" Part 34

David went to meet Brian that evening looking so excited. “Hello bro. What’s up?” Brian said as he opened the door for him. “I am doing just fine man thanks and you?” David responded. Brian opened the door wide as David went to sit down on one of the chairs.

Brian: Hey man, you look so excited. What’s the news?

David: Hahaha. I have two reasons. Firstly, I am so grateful to God because I have passed my exams

Brian: Hallelujah! Congratulations David. That makes the two of us

David: Really? Oh praise God. Congratulations to you too. God gave me enough strength and wisdom to actually be the first student to pass with distinction

Brian: Glory to God! Glory to God! I am very happy for you. I know you will go so far in life

David: Amen. Thank you

Brian: So, give me the second reason that is making you look like you just saw an angel

David: You see this? It’s an engagement ring I bought for Esther. I want to propose to her this evening. I know she is no longer with that Jacob guy and I know she loves me too but she has been playing hard to get. I think she has just been waiting for me to give her a little push. I have booked some seats at the “Top Ten” restaurant. I would also like you and Angela to be present. My plan is to have dinner with her until around 10pm. Then I will send both of you a message so that you can come in when I am about to propose. What do you think?

Brian: Aww! What a wonderful plan mehn! Hmm, this life!

David: Why do you look so sad? Is there anything wrong?

Brian: There is a little challenge. Esther received a call from her mother to inform her that her father had a stroke and is in a coma

David: What? Dear Jesus! Is she in her room? I need to go and see her

Brian: No. She had to leave early this evening. She took the bus that leaves at 5pm

David: And nobody cared to even inform me?

Brian: I asked her to inform you, but she was reluctant so I could not force her. However, I told her that I would eventually inform you once she is gone, to which she replied by the affirmative.

David looked down. He looked so disappointment. He shook his head.

Brian: I am sorry man. I wish things would work out the way you planned. But you know, the Bible says all things work together for the good of those that love the Lord. So maybe there is a reason why it has happened this way.

David: I just don’t understand why Esther won’t see the truth that I love her so much. I also know that she loves me too, but I just don’t seem to understand this barrier between us

Brian: Can you be honest with me? I want to ask you a question

David: Sure

Brian: Are you still seeing the lady called Betty?

David: Of course not! Why do you ask?

Brian: Well, Esther explained to me that the first day you came for the fellowship she met Betty who was trying to brag of a date that she was having with you that night

David: What? I have not been with that girl for over a month now. I caught her red handed kissing one guy in town. It is from then that someone told me that she is a bad girl. In fact, I have never had any true feelings for her. She fell in love with me and pushed me into going out with her. I know that is a lame excuse, but I was so hurt when I learned about Esther’s engagement that I just had to occupy myself with something else. I was also trying to keep the promise I made to Esther’s father. And that is when Betty came in

Brian: Which promise? Have you ever met Esther’s dad?

David: Bro, it’s a long story. The man came all the way from Gemba to beg me not to continue with Esther, stating the fact that he could fall sick because of it. Now my heart is even troubled. I hope I am not the cause of the stroke he had.

Brian: No. I don’t think so. Let me just explain to you what has been going on in Esther’s family. May God forgive me for speaking behind her back. I will definitely inform her of the fact that I have narrated everything to you.

Brian narrated everything Esther had told her about Jacob and what was going on in her family. David listened carefully, wondering in amazed at every bit of the story.

David: Wow! I can’t imagine what this girl has gone through. I feel so bad. I wish she could open up to me. We would have fought it together. But I just believe that she is no longer interested in me and I am not going to force her. I will allow her to live her life. Is she coming back?

Brian: She said she would come back once her father is in good shape

David: I don’t think she will come back. Jeez! And I thought we were about to make up. Gosh!

Brian: Don’t give up David. There is still hope

David: Well, I don’t know about that. I think I can no longer go ahead in this adventure. In as much as I love her, I wouldn’t want to force her to accept me back. But if she can leave suddenly without even thinking of informing me, then it is clear that she no longer has feelings for me.

Brian did not know what to advise David again. He kept asking him to be patient but David was convinced that it was no longer necessary for him to keep trying. He left the room with so much disappointment. Brian prayed for him that night asking for God’s will to prevail in his life.

The bus made a stopover at the motel. Passengers got off the bus and went to refresh themselves. Esther got off and went straight to the reception to greet the receptionist who looked so happy to see her. She also went to the kitchen and greeted aunt Mercy. Aunt Mercy gave her a huge sandwich and a bottle of orange juice which she hungrily ate. As she was about to go back to the bus, she accidentally met Jacob and Clara, holding each other tightly. Esther was shocked. Jacob also looked surprised to see her. He tried to let go of Clara slowly, but somehow managed to stay tight.

“Hi Jacob. Hi Clara. How are you doing?” Esther said with a smile on her face. Jacob frowned his face and, trying to be so proud, said “Oh very fine as usual. I couldn’t be better and you? You look so worn out. I hope the father of that thing is taking care of you using the little money from his small shop.” Clara laughed. Esther smiled and answered “I am doing very well thank you. God is taking care of me. I am actually better than I have ever been, especially that you are no longer part of my life. It feels like I just came out of prison. You can’t imagine the freedom and liberty I feel. And as for my baby, well it will surprise you to know that it is such a pleasure to have a child born out of pure love between two people. At least he won’t have a father who is a rapist”

Clara opened her eyes wide. Jacob felt like hitting Esther, but he feared the crowd around them. Esther walked out and went to the bus. “What did she mean when she talked about a rapist?” Clara asked Jacob as they climbed the staircases. “How can I know? That girl is a mad girl, no one needs to pay attention to her” he said. Clara was curious “I hope she is not insinuating that you raped her” she continued. Jacob pushed her and shouted “What are you trying to say? Are you out of your mind? How can you even have the guts to talk such rubbish? You idiot! If you are not careful, I will leave you in this place and you’ll go to your house barefoot. Stupid girl!” Clara tried to console him by begging him ‘Sorry baby. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I am sorry….Come on…..Ok let me cheer you up by giving you the sex you always like” she said. Jacob smiled and put his hands around her waist as they entered the room.

Esther arrived in the early hours of day, as early as 4:30am. The car park was not very crowded. She got down, stretching her legs. She got her luggage from the bus and looked around to see if she could get a taxi. One taxi came around and after negotiating the price, she entered and he drove off. When she arrived home, she could see that the light in the living room was on. She pushed the wooden gate open and knocked on the house door. No one came to open, but she insisted. After close to five minutes, she finally heard some footsteps. She saw someone peeping through the window next to the door. Daniel jumped on her in excitement. Esther laughed “Hello young brother. How are you?” she said. “I am fine” Daniel said, taking the luggage inside the house. Esther entered the house and looked around. “Mom informed me about dad’s illness. Where is mom?” she asked. “Mom is still at the hospital. She said she would spend the night there. That is why the light in the living room is on. I am alone” Daniel said. Esther asked Daniel to go back to sleep as she took a bath. She cried as she entered her parents’ room. She took one of her father’s shirts and knelt down in prayer “Oh Lord please heal my father wherever he is and give strength to my mother too. I promise I will serve you all the days of my life” she said. She wiped her tears and went to freshen up. She was not feeling sleepy. She went to the living room and read through the Bible, praying at intervals. When it was 6am, she went to Daniel’s room and informed him that she was going to the hospital. She rushed to the main road and waited for a bus to pass by. Buses started moving as early as 5:30am because of people that went to their farms and those who worked in the nearby town. Esther entered the bus. She was impatient to arrive at the hospital. When she arrived, she gave the name of her father to the nurse on duty who showed her where he was admitted. Esther walked quickly, breathing profusely. She arrived in front of the door and stopped for a while. She took a deep breath and entered. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw her father lying on the bed, looking so helpless. Her mother was lying down on a small mat on the floor. She walked towards the bed and looked at her father. Tears fell from her eyes as she looked at her father, his mouth bent on one side. Her sobbing woke her mother up. She got up from her mat and said “Esther. Is that you? Is that you my daughter?” Esther stooped down to where she was lying and hugged her “Mother. It is I. I am here. God will heal my dad. God is in control. The Bible says by Jesus’ striped we are healed. Dad is healed already in Jesus’ name” she said. Her mother cried too. “Amen” she answered. They both discussed for almost an hour. Her mother put her hand on Esther’s tummy and said “How is my granddaughter doing? I can’t wait to hold her in my arms?” Esther laughed “Granddaughter? How do you know it’s a girl?” she said. “I want a girl. I want to be plaiting her hair and I also want someone to go to the market with me” she said. They both laughed. Elder Barnabas made some moves. He tried to stretch his hands and move his back.

“Dorothy are you here?” he said calling his wife. Esther and the mother rose up. Her mother answered “I am here sir. I am here.” Elder Barnabas looked at Esther in astonishment. He struggled to move his back. His wife helped him while Esther stood there wondering what to say. She knew that her father was still upset with her. However, elder said gently “Esther is this you? When did you arrive?” Esther found it hard to believe. She moved closely to the bed and said “Yes sir. It’s me Esther. I came as soon as I heard what happened. I am sorry sir. It is all my fault, I am sor…” Elder interrupted “You are not to blame my daughter. You are not to blame. I am the one that needs to apologize to you. I am sorry for all the trouble I cased you, I..” he could not speak any further because of the state of his mouth. Saliva dropped from his mouth. Esther’s mother took a piece of cloth and wiped his mouth “That’s enough. You have talked enough. Have some rest. Let me get you some food” she said. Esther turned to her mother and said “Mom, you look so tired. Go home and get some rest and freshen up. Allow me to stay with dad. I will get breakfast for him. Once you return, I can go back home and make him some nice soup.” Esther’s mother tried to refuse, but Esther insisted and she went home.

Esther went to the nearby shops and bought some fruits and cereals. She took it to the hospital canteen and asked them to boil the cereals in hot water. She then rushed to the room. “It’s time to eat sir. You need to eat in order to gain strength. I have also bought you some chewing gums. You can chew in the direction contrary to where your mouth is bent. It will help you to bring your mouth to its normal position by God’s grace” she said. She adjusted the pillow under his head and helped him to sit up straight. She held his hands and prayed for him, asking God to grant him strength, vitality and quick recovery. She reminded God of His promises of long life and good health through the blood of Jesus. She took a spoonful of cereals and gave him to eat. Elder Barnabas looked at her in amazement. He seemed to be enjoying his food. The Doctor walked in and looked at Esther. “Hmm, elder you seem to be enjoying your food. Yesterday, you didn’t eat anything your wife gave you. Is this your daughter?” he said. Elder answered “yes she is. Her name is Esther. I couldn’t eat the food my wife gave me because it was so heavy. She brought rice and fish knowing very well that my mouth is not strong enough to chew” Elder said. The doctor laughed. Esther said “Warm cereals and fruits are good for him. I will cut the fruits into tiny pieces to make them easy for him to chew and swallow. For many stroke survivors, loss of appetite is a common problem. Even when appetite isn't affected, other challenges can make getting the proper nutrition seem like a chore. But a healthy diet is an important part of recovery, and it helps reduce the risk of another stroke”

The Doctor looked at her “I am impressed. Where did you learn all these things?” he said. Esther smiled “I am studying medicine at the university. I just completed my third year and I am now thinking of doing some training before I can continue my studies next year” she said. “Wow. We are actually looking for some medical students to help us out as we are short of medical personnel. Many of them have left the city to look for greener pastures. Are you ready to start next week? We are really in need and you seem to be quite intelligent.” The Doctor said. Esther looked excited. “Yes sure. I am ready to start any time” she said joyfully. The Doctor told her to pass by his office around 4pm that evening. He did some checkups on elder’s sate of health and nodded his head “You are making improvements. I believe you will be out in a few days’ time” he said.

To be continued………………..

1 Like

Re: The Elder's Daughter by sazy(m): 1:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
The Elder's Daughter: Part 35

“I will miss you guys” David said as he saw Brian and Angela off. He helped them load their luggage in Brian’s family car. It had been a week since the results were out and most students had already left the Campus. Brian and Angela were leaving the same day after clearing all the paperwork. Brian had proposed to drop Angela home on his way to his hometown. David, on the other hand, was still going to be around. Thanks to his small business, he had managed to raise enough money to rent a room and take care of his sister. Brian gave him a hug “I’ll miss you too bro. But hey, I am waiting for your visit as promised. I will show you around our town. You’ll love it. It’s very quiet and cool” he said. “Definitely! I’ll visit you soon once I get some free time. I am praying to God to get a job soon while I continue with my business” David said. He turned to Angela and gave her a warm hug “As for you Madam, your house is not far from here. Please visit me whenever you are free. Thank you for being such a good friend.” He said. Angela shed some tears. “It has been a pleasure knowing you Dave. May God give you a good job. I’ll definitely stay in touch” she said. They both entered the car and left. David went to the printing shops at the Campus and printed out his CV in several copies and went back to his room and cleared his stuff. He carried his two suitcases and left the room. He boarded a taxi that took him to his rented room. It was only 1pm, so he decided to go to some offices in town to look for a job. He went from office to office leaving his CV. Some promised to get in touch with him while others simply didn’t give any response. He then went to his shop and stayed there until around 8pm.

That evening after returning from his shop, he lay down on his bed thinking about his life. He thought of how to expand his business. “Now that most schools are on holidays, I don’t think I will get many customers for my goods. I need to think of something else that I can sell. I will go to my Chinese supplier and see if I can get other goods apart from stationery” he thought to himself. He scrolled through his phone. He glanced through the pictures in his phone. He came across Esther’s pictures. He smiled as he looked at her. He remembered that he had taken a video of her and Angela when they went to Magic land. He played the video. Esther was shouting at Angela for pushing her onto one of the moving Mary go rounds. She almost cried as it was her first time. Angela was busy laughing at her. Esther also joined in the laughter. As David watched the video, he laughed. “Oh God! I love this girl. Why didn’t things work out between us?” he said.

THREE MONTHS LATER

Esther was trying to adapt and accept her situation as she strived hard to make it. She had been accepted at the hospital where she was now working. She was excited to start her new job. She went early in the morning and returned in the evening. She stayed in touch with Brian and Angela and purposely decided to forget about David. “If he truly loved me, he would at least give me a call to know how my father is doing” she said to herself. She was now in good terms with Elder Barnabas. With the help of Esther’s salary and the sale of his crops, Elder was able to pay off a part of his debt in monthly instalments. Jacob had been putting pressure on them to pay him back calling them all manner of names whenever he collected his money at the end of the month. Esther was working hard to earn a living. Her pregnancy was almost 5 months. People in the community and even at their local church thought she would be ashamed of her situation. However, Esther and her family kept their dignity and continued going to church, despising the mockery. Rumors were circulating that Jacob and Clara were planning for their wedding. That did not bother Esther at all. She had moved on with her life.

Elder was back home and had recovered quite quickly from his stroke. He had become unusually quiet. One day, as he sat outside the house, feeding his chickens, Esther walked in from her work. She had left the hospital quite early that afternoon. She came to him and greeted him. “Sir, I brought some milk for you. One of our colleagues came from Moti and brought a lot of milk straight from the farm. I am sure you’ll enjoy yourself because you love milk” she said. Elder Barnabas laughed “Thank you my daughter. May God bless you. Please boil some of the milk for me and come here. I want to discuss something with you. Call your mother and Daniel also” he said. Esther went inside and boiled some milk for him. She informed her mother and Daniel and they all went to meet Elder Barnabas.

Elder Barnabas: My dear wife and children I have called you here today to speak to you from the depth of my heart. I know that I have been very strict and rigid towards all of you. I thought I was bringing you up in the ways of the Lord, but I realized that I was trying to make you to be who I wanted you to be when in the actual fact it is God we should strive to resemble. I know in so doing I have hurt all of you but today I realize my shortcomings and I want to apologize to you all. To you my wife, I apologize for being so tough. Deep within me, I love you so much and I appreciate how you stood by me all these years, especially before we even got married. When everyone was against me, including your family, you believed in me and showed me true love. You have also given me wonderful children. To you Daniel, I know you are like my best friend in this house. Hahaha. You are never involved in any disputes but I have also been too harsh on you. I am sorry. And to you Esther, I wish I had the right words to use for you. I remember the day you were born was one of the happiest days of my life. I held you in my arms and promised to be your defender. You have grown into a beautiful lady. However, I used to think I was the best Christian on earth. But you proved me wrong. You showed me what true Christianity is. After everything I made you to go through by forcing you into the arms of a man you did not love, you still found it in your heart to forgive me. You have such a pure heart that I wonder why someone would even think of hurting you. Thank you for showing me what true Christianity is. I sincerely apologize for every pain that I have made you to go through.

Esther was already crying. Her mother cried too and held her hand. “No sir, you have not wronged me. I strongly believe that all these things happened for a reason. The Bible says all things work together for the good of those that love the Lord. I also made a lot of mistakes from which I have learnt great lessons. You are my father and I respect you totally” she said.

Elder Barnabas: Thank you my daughter. I praise God for giving me a second chance to start a new life with my family. I don’t care what other people say about us now, but what is more important to me is that we are a united family. Satan hates to see unity in families that is why he is always fighting against it, but I thank God that he has not been able to prevail. And now my daughter, what are your plans for this child that you are carrying? Is the father aware? What has been his reaction? If he has refused to take responsibility of the child, you will not have to worry about it. Your mother and I are here to give this child the love that it deserves even with our little means of survival

Esther: Er-er-er. Actually I have not informed him about the baby

Elder Barnabas: But why? He deserves to know. Is it because you are afraid of his reaction?

Esther: Not really. Certain things happened that have made me to just forget about him

Esther’s mother: Which things? Please explain to us

Esther: It’s a complicated story mom. He was already seeing someone else when I discovered that I am pregnant

Elder Barnabas: What is the name of the young man?

Esther: David……Why do you seem worried? Do you know him?.....Ah ok I remember Jacob told me that he had reported him to you once

Elder Barnabas: Yes Jacob told me about him. So he was actually right wasn’t he? You loved that young man more than him?

Esther: He was the only person who accepted me for who I am. He was a good friend.

Esther ran into the house crying. She went into her bedroom and cried as she thought about David. She remembered his smile, jokes and how warm hearted he was “I don’t know why things could not work out between us David, but I truly loved you. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. But now, you do not even know that you will soon be having a child. I am sure you are busy having fun with Betty. All the best David, all the best!” she cried. Her mother entered her room and locked the door. She put her hand around Esther’s shoulders and shook her gently “It’s going to be alright. Everything will be alright my princess. Wipe your tears” she said. Esther looked at her mother and cried “But mom, will I ever find any man that I will love the way I loved David? He made me feel so good about myself when everyone around me thought I was bizarre. He helped me to have confidence in myself.”

Her mother looked at her and asked “Then what separated both of you if you truly loved each other?”

Esther: Mom, as soon as David found out that I was engaged to Jacob, he changed completely. He stopped talking to me and eventually started seeing another lady.

Esther’s mother: But do you think he was wrong to do that? You were engaged and any normal man would stay away from you. And I actually think he is a decent man otherwise he would have just used you and dumped you knowing very well that you were engaged to another man

Esther: I guess you are right, but anyway there is nothing more I can do

Esther’s mother: Well maybe you should have been a little patient with him. When you love someone, you will fight to get the person. I don’t mean physically fighting people, but being patient and believing in the person.

Esther: How?

Esther’s mother: hmm. You know there is a day you asked me if I got married to your father by force. I purposely refused to answer you because I was afraid of what the response would do to you. I was thinking that you would end up falling in love with Jacob as he seemed to be a good person. But now that we have a whole new story, I would like to tell you how I got married to your father. I am actually feeling that history has repeated itself. I met your father when I was 15 years old. We were very good friends because your father’s father worked with my father on the same plantation. However, we were from different tribes and in those days it was a taboo to marry from a different tribe. Your father and I used to play together innocently until when I was about 18 years old. We both fell in love with each other. When I was 19, your father decided that we would get married, but he faced shameful resistance from my family. They threatened to even throw him in the river and leave him to drown. But your father was determined to marry me. I remember how we used to sneak out in the late evenings to go and hide in the bush. We’d spend the whole evening there. One day, my father’s brother found us there and he reported it to my father. I was given the beating of my life. My aunts came to the house, locked me up inside a hut and pinched my whole body. I came out with wounds. They thought they had succeeded in putting a barrier between Elder and I, but my love for him grew even stronger. When he found a job at the local government offices as a guard here in Gemba, we made a plan to run away together. That night as I was about to sneak out of the house with a plastic bag full of my clothes, my mother came out of their hut and looked at me. I thought my end had come but with tears in her heart, she looked at me and went back to sleep. I couldn’t understand what had just happened but I took the bold step of leaving the house. To cut the long story short, your father and I stayed here in Gemba for at least three months before he finally decided to go back to the village to apologize for what we had done. We had gotten married at the main town hall before of the mayor. When we arrived at my house, I was already two months pregnant with you. Surprisingly, my parents accepted your father and we did our traditional wedding preceded by a purification ceremony because I was told that an evil spirit could enter inside of me because of what we had done. We then left to come and settle in Gemba finally. We embraced Christianity when you were about two years old.

Esther was in total dismay. She couldn’t imagine that as strict as her father could be, he could decide to run away with a woman.

Esther: Wow! I am amazed at you story. I am glad that your story ended on a positive note. I wish I could have a happy ending to mine too but I guess that’s not God’s plan for my life

Esther’s mother smiled “God’s will shall prevail. It is well. Just make sure you cherish the child in your womb no matter what happened between you and its father and I advise you as a mother to please inform him regardless of his reaction. You cannot hide a child from its father. It’s not godly and it’s not just right” she said. Esther nodded her head “Ok. I will think about it. Maybe when the baby is born, I will inform him then” she said. Her mother did not say a word. She rubbed her hand on her back and left the room. Esther thought about the story that her mother had just narrated to her. She looked at her big tummy and said “I love you baby and I know your father loves you too. You will get to know him one day, maybe by that time he will be with his own wife. It is well with you” After a while, her mother came back into her rom and, looking perplexed, asked “My princess I forgot to ask you something: why did you agree to sleep with Jacob if you don’t love him?”

Esther ran out of words. She didn’t know what to say to her. If she told her the truth, her mother would blow up a scandal and she was really tired of scandals. But if she didn’t tell her the truth, her mother would think she is too weak and it would also be a sin to lie to her own mother. “Esther, you have not answered my question. Why did you sleep with Jacob?” her mother asked. Esther broke down and cried. She was trembling as she remembered the horrible scene. “He raped me mom, he raped me. I tried to stop him, but he ruthlessly raped me like an animal” she cried. Her mother stood up and shouted “What did you just say? He did what?” Esther was still crying. Her mother tried to calm down and gave her a hug asking her to explain everything that had happened. Esther gave an account of the whole story. Esther’s mother was shedding tears in anger. She ran out of the room and went to meet Elder Barnabas. Esther could hear elder shouting as he entered the house “I will kill him. I will kill him!” Esther sighed “Oh God not again! I don’t want trouble again. I need rest” she said. Elder pushed the door of her room open and shouted “What did that boy do to you?” Esther trembled “he raped me” she answered. “Why didn’t you report him to the police? Why didn’t you inform us?” he shouted. “He told me that no one would believe me. He said you were blinded by his money so you wouldn’t believe me” Esther answered. Elder went to his bedroom and put on his boots. He went to the pantry and got out his cutlass. “I will kill him today!” he shouted as he left the house. Esther and her mother decided to follow him. They ran behind him. Esther held on to her big tummy as she ran hoping for the best “Sir, don’t do anything you will regret” she said. People starred at them while others followed them to see what was going on.

Jacob’s house was quite far, but Elder dared not take a bus. He ran like a mad man, his wife, daughter, son and other community members running after him. They walked for about 45 minutes before they arrived. Esther put her hands on her knees and stopped for a while to catch her breathe. She put her hand on her stomach and continued. When they arrived inside the compound, they found a police car parked right inside. Two policemen stood near the car. As Elder and the rest tried to go to the main door, the policemen stopped them “Hey where are you going?” he said. Before they could explain, they saw Jacob coming out of the house with handcuffs on his hands, two policemen holding his arms. His mother, father and Clara were also coming out. His mother cried “Please don’t take my son.” Everyone watched in amazement. Jacob and his family were shocked to see Elder and his family. He looked down as the policemen put him inside the car. Elder went to the policemen and spoke to them “Please I want to know what this young man has done because I have come to report him for a crime he committed against my daughter” he said. Jacob’s father shouted “Don’t tell this old fool anything! He is just here out of gossip. My son has not done anything to the prostitute called his daughter”

Elder held his peace and one of the policemen said “Sir. What has this guy done again?” Elder answered “He raped my daughter and went scot free!” Everyone looked astonished including the police officers. “This is the biggest criminal I have ever seen in this town. Firstly, he is being charged for embezzling funds from his bank worth at least 150,000 Dollars. Then he is accused of poisoning a young lady in town because she fell pregnant for him. The lady ended up losing her life and that of her child and now this! What kind of a human being are you?” the police officer said. Esther cried “So Jacob, you are the one who killed Naomi? You are an animal. I pray that you rot in hell” Jacob looked so afraid. The Police officers asked Elder and his family to enter their car so that they could file a complaint against him at the police station.

They entered the car and it drove off leaving Jacob’s family and the neighbors in total shock. Clara sneered and left the house in fury.

To be continued………….

1 Like

Re: The Elder's Daughter by kisscivic(m): 5:27pm On Sep 21, 2017
Thanks for the Double bumper updates.
Re: The Elder's Daughter by sazy(m): 9:40am On Sep 22, 2017
The Elder's Daughter: FINAL

Elder and the entire group arrived at the police station. Jacob, handcuffed was the first to be taken inside while the others got down from the car. Elder and Esther were asked to wait at the front office. Esther looked at Jacob as the police officer made a declaration to the Officer in charge, who took down some notes. Jacob could not look at her. He kept looking down, feeling very ashamed. The police officers asked him to remove his shirt, belt, shoes and other things he had on him. They put the things inside a locker and Jacob was asked to sit down. Esther was somehow filled with pity for him. “What a waste of life!” she said to herself. The Police Officer asked her to make a complaint of what had happened. Esther cried as she narrated the horrible scene. Her mother cried while Elder stood there, breathing heavily out of anger. After a few minutes, they heard some noise outside, noise of people quarreling. Esther and the rest, including one of the police officers stood up to see what was going on. Esther could not believe her eyes: It was Janet quarreling with Jacob’s mother

Jacob’s mother: You are a useless liar. You prostitute! You wanted to swindle my son’s money and because it did not work, you have now come all the way to this place to create fake stories

Janet: You are a mad woman. Your son is not only a thief but a murderer. He murdered my friend in cold blood because of his selfishness and now you think he can go scot free

Jacob’s mother: How dare you talk to me like that! I don’t blame you. I blame your parents for not teaching you the right ways

Janet: And did you teach your son the right way? I guess you are the one that taught him how to steal, use girls and eventually kill them hun! You should even be ashamed of yourself. Idiot!

Jacob’s mother gave Janet a slap. Janet wanted to fight back, but the police officers stopped them. She was taken inside while Jacob’s mother was warned not to create any scandal. “I will lock both of you up if you don’t calm down! Do you think this is your compound where you behave anyhow?” the officer shouted. Janet looked at Esther. She was surprised to see her. Esther did not talk. Without even being asked a question, Janet started narrating her own side of the story “Esther. This man is an idiot. He was going out with you and Naomi at the same time. When Naomi fell pregnant for him, he asked her to abort but she refused, threatening to inform his parents. When he saw that Naomi was determined to keep the child, he lied to her by saying that he would marry her. He also said you were the only obstacle and that is why Naomi tried to do all she could just to separate you from him. But she didn’t know that this evil man who was also sleeping with me had evil plans against her. He called her one day and said he had a surprise for her. When she went, he put a harmful substance in her drink and she ended up losing her life and her pregnancy. When I went to meet him the following day at the hotel to inform him of Naomi’s death, I found a bottle containing a certain substance and as he was taking his bath I took a picture of it and pretended as if I was happy that Naomi was gone. We had a drinking spree that night and in the middle of his drinking, he told me how he had only tried to terminate the pregnancy by adding the substance to the drink. I recorded everything. I have been using that recording to blackmail him by asking him to give me money and to marry me. He has been complying until last week when he informed me that he was about to get married to another b**tch. I warned him but he did not want to listen so I had no other option than to report him. And to my biggest surprise, he was also being investigated for embezzling money from the bank. He is such a useless animal. No one plays with me and wins. I am a savage!” she said.

Everyone, including the police officers were astonished to see how bold she could be to narrate such a story. From the look of things, she seemed to be high on drugs. “Esther say something!” she said. Esther went to stand before her and said “I wish I had the right words to use to tell you how disgusting you are. Not only are you disgusting but you are also very wicked. You, Naomi and Jacob are the most wicked beings I have ever come across in my life. Your selfishness makes you all to behave like heartless human beings. I thank God that I am no longer the same. Jesus’ love is spread abroad in my heart and so there is no room for unforgiveness in my heart. I pray for both of you that you will find time to repent, unlike Naomi who was sent to her early grave in her sins.” She turned to Jacob and said “I have forgiven you for all the wrong things you did to me. I forgive you for robbing me of my dignity because it has now been restored by Christ. I forgive you for making me feel like a useless being because now I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made by my God. And I also thank you. Yes I thank you because in all this, you pushed me to learn great lessons. If I had not gone through all this, maybe I wouldn’t have been able to find the true meaning of my life. May God have mercy on you!”

Esther held her mom’s hand and suggested that they leave. They left as every other person present on the scene looked astonished. Elder held his daughter’s hand as they came out and said “I am really proud of you my daughter. You have made me proud.” Esther stopped a cab and they went home.

It had been almost two weeks since that incident. Esther and her family felt vindicated. Some people in the church, including the Chief Elder had come to apologize to elder Barnabas for what had happened. They asked him to reintegrate the elder’s board but elder rejected the offer. “I am not here to serve titles, but to serve my God. I would rather stay in the congregation with peace of mind than to seat in special seats with bitterness in my heart” he said to them. As for Jacob’s father, he was no longer seen at church, including his entire family. Jacob’s trial was still on as they tried to gather enough evidence against him. He was still locked up in the cells even though he tried to ask for bail several times.

One Tuesday evening as Esther sat in the living room watching TV, a certain program came up called “The Economist.” The presenter introduced the theme of the program and called out the names of the guest. Esther was about to change the channel when she suddenly heard David’s name. Her eyes opened wide to see if it was the same David she knew. “Dear viewers, today I have with me as a special guest, a very young and vibrant Economist by the name of David Malani. David is a Junior Economic Specialist working with the World Bank and today we shall be discussing with him on ways to eradicate poverty in rural communities. David is working under a program called “Using culture to bring sustainable development in rural areas” Mr. David Malani, you are welcome” the presenter said. Esther could not believe her eyes. It was the same David she knew. She screamed “David!” and looked at him in admiration. He was looking very handsome as usual except that he had become even more handsome. He was nicely dressed and looked so happy. When elder and Esther’s mother heard the shout, they came running to the living room. “What is it?” Elder said. Esther smiled warmly ‘It’s David the father of my child.” Elder looked at the screen carefully and remembered him. They both sat down and listened to him. He spoke with much eloquence and diplomacy that Elder kept nodding his head silently in agreement with what he was saying. “At the present, culture is one of the most impotent factors of development. The role of culture in development should be treated as multi-layered: on the one hand as an intrinsic value, on secondly as a real factor of regional development leading to increased attractiveness of regions for tourists, residents and investors, thirdly, as an active factor of social development based on knowledge, tolerance and creativity. For instance in Gemba, the communities have a strong culture of working in teams, especially when it comes to farming. They have huge hectares of land, but most of them only use a small portion because they don’t have the necessary machinery and equipment. We can use those teams to pass on knowledge on certain technologies used in farming and then grant them the machinery to grow huge amounts of crops not only for their families but for the entire region” David said. Elder and his wife were impressed. Suddenly, Esther knelt down with tears in her eyes and said “Oh Lord I thank you for making David to succeed. He really deserves it. He has worked so hard to achieve his goals. I am sure that his sister is now at peace. Lord I thank you and I ask that you keep him in your ways and make him to see even greater things in his life In Jesus’ name I have prayed.” Esther’s mother felt so sorry for her daughter. She could feel her pain of not having the possibility to be with the one she loved. Elder Barnabas also felt bad. He remembered how he had warned David to stay away from Esther.

The following Saturday morning, Esther was in her room sleeping. She was becoming quite tired because of her pregnancy and could sleep long hours. It was already 10am and Esther’s family had already had their breakfast. They sat in the living room watching TV. Esther was enjoying her sleep when suddenly her mother entered her room. “Esther! Esther! Wake up!” she said. Esther mumbled “Hmm mom, I’ll wake up later. I want some more sleep” she said. “Wake up. You have a visitor by the name Brian from your school.” Her mother said. Esther jumped up “Brian! Are you sure about what you are saying?” she said wiping the small sweat on her face with her hand. “Yes he said his name is Brian. He is in the living room. Now dress up and come to meet him” her mother said and left her room. Esther removed her pajamas and quickly put on her dress which was slowly becoming quite small because of the pregnancy. She hurried to the bathroom, washed her face and brushed her teeth then went to the living room. Esther almost fell down out of surprise when she saw that it was not just Brian who had come to visit her: she could see Angela and David. Esther entered the living room, trembling as she looked at David. David became uncomfortable when he saw Esther’s tummy. He couldn’t believe that Esther was pregnant. He breathed deeply and thought of what next to do. “Oh Lord. My plan has failed again. Esther is already pregnant for another man” he said to himself. Angela stood up and hugged Esther “Oh my God! I can’t believe that you came all the way to this place to see me” Esther said with tears in her eyes. She greeted Brian and David. She could see that David was somehow disturbed. After making some formal greetings, Brian turned to Elder Barnabas and said “Good morning sir. Thank you for welcoming us in your house. We really appreciate. As we explained to you before Esther came, we have come to have a serious discussion with you this morning concerning your daughter”

Before Brian could even continue, David interrupted him “Sorry sir. Actually, we just came to see how she is doing. We also wanted to know how you are doing after your illness because Esther left in a hurry” he said. Brian smiled “David, please I understand why you are doing this, but please allow me to finish what I am saying” he said. David felt uneasy, but Brian made a sign to him to keep calm. “So sir, as I was saying, we have specifically come to have a discussion with your daughter, but we thought it would be respectful for us to first of all see you. I am sure you are already aware of the fact that your daughter and my friend David here were very good friends……..David please allow me to talk……Ok let me now tell you the whole truth. Esther is carrying your child. She was pregnant with this child even before she left the campus. I had tried to convince her to inform you, but she thought you were already seeing another woman and she didn’t want to disturb you” Brian said.

David’s heart sank. She looked at Esther. Esther looked down. “Esther is it true? Are you carrying my child?” he asked. “Yes David. After our encounter, I learnt that I was two weeks pregnant when I came for the short break. I did not want to disturb your relationship with Betty, so I decided to keep it a secret from you. I was planning to only inform you once I deliver” Esther said. David put his hand on his mouth “My God! My God! But you know that you are the only person I have ever loved” he said. He turned to Angela and said “And both of you knew about it but you didn’t want to inform me?” Angela smiled “Esther asked us not to do it and since we respect her opinion, we complied” she said. Brian continued “So sir, we have come all the way from our various cities to ask for the hand of your daughter in marriage on behalf of my friend David. I know that Esther has gone through a lot of things and we wouldn’t want to add any more trouble to it. However, I would like you to know that my friend David is a responsible man and he has always loved your daughter.”
Re: The Elder's Daughter by sazy(m): 9:42am On Sep 22, 2017
Elder cleared his throat. “My dear sons and daughter, I appreciate you all for the respect that you have shown towards me by approaching me first before doing any other thing. I am aware of the relationship between my daughter and David. However, I have no right whatsoever to take a decision on behalf of my daughter. She is old enough to know what she wants in life. Marriage is between two people and they are the ones to make the decision. I stand however, to say that I am ready to support any decision that my daughter will make” he said. Everyone was quiet. David then looked at Esther and went on his knees and said “Esther, will you marry me?” Esther was shaking like a leaf ‘Yes I will marry you David” she said with tears in her eyes. David stood up and held her hands. He couldn’t stop his tears either “Thank you” he said. Esther’s mother was excited. She stood up and made a sound of joy in their traditional way. Everyone laughed. They discussed at length the necessary things that had to be done for the preparation of the marriage ceremony. “I prefer to do it after the delivery of my child” Esther said. Everyone seemed to agree with her and David informed them that he would visit Gemba every weekend because of a project that had just been launched in Gemba by the World Bank of which he was the project Coordinator. Esther was excited. After a while, Elder and his wife left the living room to give the friends some space to discuss. They could hear them laughing hard as they talked about school.

David had lodged them in a nearby guest house. Esther’s mother asked them to stay for lunch which they did. At around 2pm, they decided to go to the guest house. Elder had gone to the church. Esther followed them. David kept starring at her as they entered Brian’s car. He sat at the back with her while Angela and Brian sat in front. David held Esther’s hand and smiled at her “I have missed you so bad!” he said. Esther smiled. They arrived at the guest house and Angela and Brian decided to go and get some rest as they had to leave the following morning. Esther and David stayed at the pool area. “Esther. I want to apologize for not being there for you when you needed me. I wish I could turn back the hands of time and make things right with. My love for you keeps growing day by day and when I couldn’t take it, I had to ask Brian and Angela to bring me here. Now I understand why I felt like something was drawing me to you. I felt as if you had a part of me that I couldn’t explain. I love you and I promise to do my best to make you the happiest woman on Earth. I also promise to be the best father to our child” David said. “I love you too David and I am also sorry for making you go round circles and for hiding such an important information from you. I have never stopped thinking about you. Even though I thought you had moved on, a part of my heart still longed to see you and spend the rest of my life with you” Esther said. They had a wonderful chat that evening and discussed their plans for the future. ‘I want a boy!” David said. Esther laughed “I want a girl!” she said. “Hmm, are you sure you have not done a scan already to know the sex of the child?” David said. “Hahaha. No, I want it to be a surprise” Esther answered.

And so it was from that day that Esther and David finally came back together. David came with one of his uncles the following week to pay the bride price. It was a wonderful ceremony. David visited her every weekend. Elder had finally managed to finish up the debt he owed. Jacob had been sentenced to 19 years imprisonment with hard labor for various crimes that he had committed including illegal abortion leading to death. Time went by and Esther’s pregnancy was almost reaching its full term. Two weeks before the due date, David had decided to take leave and stay in Gemba as he did not want to miss the D-day. Esther started feeling contractions one Sunday afternoon upon returning from church. “I don’t understand. I am still remaining with at least two weeks before my due day” she said as she groaned in pain. David and her mother helped her to get up while Elder stopped a taxi. “It will be alright! Shhhh, shhhh” David comforted her inside the cab. Esther was crying of pain. She was taken to the maternity ward immediately she arrived. David, Elder and his wife waited impatiently outside. David moved to and fro praying “Oh Lord, let everything go well. Help dear Lord! Help!” he said. After about an hour, the midwife came out. They all rushed to hear the news. The midwife smiled “Congratulations! Esther just gave birth to two bouncing babies: a boy and a girl” she said. David jumped up and down like a little kid. Esther’s mother danced while elder praised God. They were asked to wait for a few minutes before they could see her. When it was time to see her, David was the first to enter. Tears ran down his cheeks as he saw Esther holding the twins. Her parents praised God for the miracle. David kissed her on the forehead and, looking at the twins, said “God has given both of us the desires of our hearts. The son shall be called Samuel because I asked him of the Lord.” Esther answered “And the daughter shall be called Grace because God’s grace has seen me through the valley” It was a great day in the life of Esther and David and the entire family. They celebrated the arrival of the twins in grand style. Angela and Brian were both present during the naming ceremony, a week after the delivery.

Two months after delivery, David and Esther finally wedded in grand style. Their wedding was held at a hotel in Gemba which gave view to the beach. Some of David’s family has travelled to attend the wedding: His sister, cousin and uncle. Angela was the Chief bridesmaid while Brian stood as the Best man. Jennifer and Brian’s mother were also present. It was a colorful ceremony with Peach and mint as the main colors. David danced like never before. As a gift, Brian offered the couple a whole week free at their motel as a honeymoon destination. David and Esther left the following day. Because of the babies, they went to the nearest city which had a domestic airport and took a flight to Brian’s city. They spent a wonderful time at the motel, visiting different places. Brian’s mother came every day to help Esther clean the babies. After the honeymoon, David and Esther returned to Gemba. Esther stayed there for a month before they finally left for the Capital city. Esther’s mother shed tears as she waved them goodbye at the airport. She was definitely going to miss her daughter even though she promised to be visiting from time to time. David had been given a beautiful grand standing apartment in the city center. Esther planned to get a job at the General hospital once the child had grown enough to be left with a nanny. Meanwhile, David had expanded his shop: business was booming and he was making huge profits. Brian and Jennifer also got wedded two months later while Angela was in a relationship with one of the former students from the fellowship who worked with Angela at the University Teaching Hospital.

“I am so glad that God gave me a second chance and transformed my tears into joy. I cannot thank Him enough for the privilege to be married to the most wonderful man on Earth. And words cannot be enough to express my gratitude for these two bundles of joy.” Esther said one night as they sat on their bed. David kissed her “I am the luckiest man on Earth to marry a woman like you. I thank God for your life and that of our children. I love you my baby, my friend, the Elder’s daughter” he said. Esther laughed “The Elder’s daughter indeed!” she said.

The end…………………………………

Thank you for taking time to read. God bless you all!!!

1 Like

Re: The Elder's Daughter by gameboy727(m): 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2017
Baba you well. The whole story in just two pages, awesome. I really enjoyed it and had to admit it with this comment.

1 Like

Re: The Elder's Daughter by sazy(m): 8:26am On Sep 28, 2017
gameboy727:
Baba you well. The whole story in just two pages, awesome. I really enjoyed it and had to admit it with this comment.
Lol...Tanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

pictures of a lautech student nude / 10 Insects You Probably Don't Know Their Names. / Why Do U (wud U) Ride A Motorcycle (power Bike)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 399
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.