Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Introducing FGN Savings Bond Offer For September 2017 - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Introducing FGN Savings Bond Offer For September 2017 (1116 Views)

Federal Government's Savings Bond Offer / November 2019 FGN Savings Bond Offer For Subscription / FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introducing FGN Savings Bond Offer For September 2017 by froz(m): 2:24pm On Sep 11, 2017
This is to bring to the notice of the public that the Debt Management Office (DMO), on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN), wishes to introduce a retail savings product that will be accessible to all income groups – the FGN Savings Bond.

Kindly note that the FGN Savings Bond for September 2017 kicks off today.
Details are as follows;
ISSUANCE
MATURITY
2 Year FGN Savings Bond
September 20, 2019 : Coupon 13.817% per annum
3 Year FGN Savings Bond
September 20, 2020: Coupon 14.817% per annum
Opening Date
Monday, September 11, 2017
Closing Date
Friday, September 15, 2017
Settlement Date
Wednesday, September 20, 2017 (this is the date the bonds will be credited into your CSCS Account domiciled with your broker)
Units of Sale
N1,000 per unit subject to a minimum subscription of N5,000 and in multiples of N1,000 thereafter, subject to a maximum subscription of N50,000,000.
Interest Payment
Quarterly (Coupon rate divided by 4)
Redemption
Bullet payment on the maturity date
Purpose
To deepen the national savings culture.
To provide opportunity to all citizens irrespective of income level to contribute to National Development.
To enable all citizens participate in and benefit from the favorable returns available in the capital market.
To diversify funding sources for the Government.
Benefits
Interest income is paid quarterly directly into bond holder’s account.
The Bond is acceptable as collateral for loans by banks and can be sold for cash in the secondary market before maturity.
Good for savings towards retirement, marriage, school fees, house projects, etc.
Safety: backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Liquidity

The Bond will be listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange for trading and provides liquidity for investors who want to exit before maturity.

Subscription Mode
Investors are to subscribe through stockbroking firms trading on the floor of The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and accredited by the DMO to act as Distribution Agents. (Please visit www.dmo.gov.ng for the list of accredited Stockbroking Firms).

How to Invest

https://brandspurng.com/introducing-fgn-savings-bond-offer-for-september-2017/

Re: Introducing FGN Savings Bond Offer For September 2017 by marvelling(m): 2:50pm On Sep 11, 2017
froz:
This is to bring to the notice of the public that the Debt Management Office (DMO), on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN), wishes to introduce a retail savings product that will be accessible to all income groups – the FGN Savings Bond.

Kindly note that the FGN Savings Bond for September 2017 kicks off today.
Details are as follows;
ISSUANCE
MATURITY
2 Year FGN Savings Bond
September 20, 2019 : Coupon 13.817% per annum
3 Year FGN Savings Bond
September 20, 2020: Coupon 14.817% per annum
Opening Date
Monday, September 11, 2017
Closing Date
Friday, September 15, 2017
Settlement Date
Wednesday, September 20, 2017 (this is the date the bonds will be credited into your CSCS Account domiciled with your broker)
Units of Sale
N1,000 per unit subject to a minimum subscription of N5,000 and in multiples of N1,000 thereafter, subject to a maximum subscription of N50,000,000.
Interest Payment
Quarterly (Coupon rate divided by 4)
Redemption
Bullet payment on the maturity date
Purpose
To deepen the national savings culture.
To provide opportunity to all citizens irrespective of income level to contribute to National Development.
To enable all citizens participate in and benefit from the favorable returns available in the capital market.
To diversify funding sources for the Government.
Benefits
Interest income is paid quarterly directly into bond holder’s account.
The Bond is acceptable as collateral for loans by banks and can be sold for cash in the secondary market before maturity.
Good for savings towards retirement, marriage, school fees, house projects, etc.
Safety: backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Liquidity

The Bond will be listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange for trading and provides liquidity for investors who want to exit before maturity.

Subscription Mode
Investors are to subscribe through stockbroking firms trading on the floor of The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and accredited by the DMO to act as Distribution Agents. (Please visit www.dmo.gov.ng for the list of accredited Stockbroking Firms).

How to Invest

https://brandspurng.com/introducing-fgn-savings-bond-offer-for-september-2017/

pls, I need more info about this...
Re: Introducing FGN Savings Bond Offer For September 2017 by rodeo0070(m): 8:40am On Sep 12, 2017
marvelling:

pls, I need more info about this...

I don't know if this will help but I found this on the site...

https://brandspurng.com/understanding-the-fgn-savings-bonds/
Re: Introducing FGN Savings Bond Offer For September 2017 by marvelling(m): 8:46am On Sep 12, 2017
rodeo0070:

I don't know if this will help but I found this on the site...

https://brandspurng.com/understanding-the-fgn-savings-bonds/

thanks. I instructed a relative of mine to buy the bonds offered around the month of march. I don't know exactly what she did, but I was told it was less than 5% interest rate for 9 months (she didn't tell me this before she put my money in) and that I can't touch or get the money back until after the 9 months elapses
Re: Introducing FGN Savings Bond Offer For September 2017 by rodeo0070(m): 10:07am On Sep 12, 2017
marvelling:

thanks. I instructed a relative of mine to buy the bonds offered around the month of march. I don't know exactly what she did, but I was told it was less than 5% interest rate for 9 months (she didn't tell me this before she put my money in) and that I can't touch or get the money back until after the 9 months elapses

Quite true.

But if you ask me, its a good way to invest your money.
Re: Introducing FGN Savings Bond Offer For September 2017 by Fxmanager(m): 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2017
marvelling:

This is the best structured, secured and transparent investment you will ever find in this forum. No lock up period on your investments and you can withdraw or close your account anytime. Your withdrawals from our partner broker to your bank Mastercard/Visa debit card takes 2 to 4 days maximum and it takes 5 mins to your ecurrency payment system "Megatransfer", regulated and Licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority of UK(FCA)", then you can then make instant withdrawals to your Mastercard/Visa debit cards From Megatransfer. You can also use Bank wire transfer. You might be interested in what we offer. We promise a target of average 5-10%+ monthly profit on your investment. Funds in a secured licensed,audited and regulated financial firm. You can monitor your investment anywhere you are in the world 24/7 using any internet enable device. You are free to test us with any amount you can comfortably risk before investing fully with us. Statement of account sent to your email daily. working risk to investors capital is 5-10% risk and maximum permissible risk to investors capital is 30% of investors capital. Visit the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3901897/currency-trading-journal-target-avg

Visit the posts below to learn how to avoid scam and fraud. Learn to check and get the regulatory body's website to verify any company's regulatory status.

https://www.nairaland.com/3925379/investments-anti-scam-fraud-guide
https://www.nairaland.com/3931027/4-ways-avoid-investment-scams

1 Like

Re: Introducing FGN Savings Bond Offer For September 2017 by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 13, 2017
Space Mountain
Re: Introducing FGN Savings Bond Offer For September 2017 by marvelling(m): 8:18am On Sep 13, 2017
Fxmanager:

This is the best structured, secured and transparent investment you will ever find in this forum. No lock up period on your investments and you can withdraw or close your account anytime. Your withdrawals from our partner broker to your bank Mastercard/Visa debit card takes 2 to 4 days maximum and it takes 5 mins to your ecurrency payment system "Megatransfer", regulated and Licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority of UK(FCA)", then you can then make instant withdrawals to your Mastercard/Visa debit cards From Megatransfer. You can also use Bank wire transfer. You might be interested in what we offer. We promise a target of average 5-10%+ monthly profit on your investment. Funds in a secured licensed,audited and regulated financial firm. You can monitor your investment anywhere you are in the world 24/7 using any internet enable device. You are free to test us with any amount you can comfortably risk before investing fully with us. Statement of account sent to your email daily. working risk to investors capital is 5-10% risk and maximum permissible risk to investors capital is 30% of investors capital. Visit the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3901897/currency-trading-journal-target-avg

Visit the posts below to learn how to avoid scam and fraud. Learn to check and get the regulatory body's website to verify any company's regulatory status.

https://www.nairaland.com/3925379/investments-anti-scam-fraud-guide
https://www.nairaland.com/3931027/4-ways-avoid-investment-scams

hmmm... let me think about it
Re: Introducing FGN Savings Bond Offer For September 2017 by Fxmanager(m): 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2017
marvelling:

hmmm... let me think about it

Thanks for your interest, you can take all the time you need.
Re: Introducing FGN Savings Bond Offer For September 2017 by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 14, 2017
The safer the lower returns and the longer on maturity.

(1) (Reply)

New Investment Plan / Bonanza Bonanza Bonanza Cheap Website / What Insme Advertisers Won’t Tell You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.