Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,214 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Stephens Defeated Keys For US Open Title - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephens Defeated Keys For US Open Title (367 Views)

Naomi Osaka Beats Jennifer Brady To Win Second Australian Open Title / Quadri Retains Nigeria Open Title, Claims $7,000 / Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stephens Defeated Keys For US Open Title by ieaempire44(m): 12:55am On Sep 12, 2017
On Saturday, during the US Open final, Sloane Stephens captured her first Grand Slam title by crushing Madison Keys on 6-3, 6-0. On July, Sloane Stephens returned after having a left foot injury that was tangential for 11 months.

Since 2002, on the New York hardcourts, Sloane Stephens took a $3.7 million (3.07 million euros) top prize from the biggest victory of her career, rutted against one of her closest friends in the first all-US final.

Sloane Stephens was so excited, she said "I should just retire now," she also said. "I'll never be able to top this. Talk about a comeback. Things just have to come together and the past six weeks they really have."

During her career, with the 15th victory in her past 17 matches, Sloane Stephens became only the fifth unseeded player to win a women's Slam title, while Latvia's Jelena Ostapenko managed the feat at this year's French Open.

Kim Clijsters was also the only prior unseeded US Open women's champion and she came back from retirement to take the 2009 title.

Stephens said "It's incredible," she also said. "I had surgery January 23. If someone told me then I'd win the US Open, it's impossible I'd say, absolutely impossible.

to get the full story click on this link http://www.theempire.com.ng/2017/09/stephens-defeated-keys-for-us-open-title.html

Re: Stephens Defeated Keys For US Open Title by Paulpaulpaul(m): 1:09am On Sep 12, 2017
All I can not see is booob

Congrats sha

(1) (Reply)

Sadio Mane “surprised” By Red Card Punishment In Manchester City Defeat / Daily Soccer Predictions PREDICTIONS (30/09/2017) / We Will Not Underrate Zambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.