Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Apc May Cancel Anambra Guber Primary Election Over Sen.andy Uba's Petition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc May Cancel Anambra Guber Primary Election Over Sen.andy Uba's Petition (540 Views)

INEC May Cancel Results From Units Affected By Ballot Box Snatching / Current Situation In Osogbo, Osun State Over Sen. Adeleke's Tribunal Victory / States APC May Lose In 2019 - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apc May Cancel Anambra Guber Primary Election Over Sen.andy Uba's Petition by Upritman(m): 2:35am On Sep 12, 2017
Source: http://www.suanusblog.com/2017/09/apc-may-cancel-anambra-guber-primary.html

If the All Progressives Congress, APC, finds merit in a petition filed by an aggrieved aspirant of the party, Sen.Andy Uba over the emergence of Hon.Dr.Tony Nwoye as the Governorship Candidate of the party in Anambra State, then the victory song of Mr.Nwoye may just be short-lived.

To entertain the grievances of Sen.Ubah who had the second highest votes in the said primary election, the party has set up a panel to probe the election result.

Nwoye who appeared before the Appeal Panel in Abuja on Monday said members of the panel asked him questions about some individuals whom they described as student union leaders who allegedly beat up delegates during the primaries.

According to Him, “It (the allegation) was not true. No single member of NANS or former students was part of the primary election. All the delegates that voted were statutorily the delegates expected to vote. And this is a primary election that was adjudged the best in the history of Nigeria and the partisan politics in the country.

“There was no room for manipulation, nobody was intimidated to vote and no evidence of inducing voters with money.”

In response to a question on whether he nursed any fear that the panel might nullify his victory, Nwoye said, “I’m not God but I know these are party men and women. I told them that at this point in time, the Anambra people have spoken as far as the party ticket of the APC is concerned.

“That mandate I think by the special grace of God should be left alone. It is not about Tony Nwoye but about these people who suffered all the night, I felt for them, I pity them.”

As to whether he has reached out to other aspirants who contested against him, he said all the aspirants except Senator Andy Uba were on the same page with him.

“Andy Uba is the only aspirant who refused to talk to me. I called him, I sent text to him, I even got to his house but he refused to open gate for me. For the other aspirants I have met with all of them.”

The governorship election in Anambra State is scheduled to hold on November 18, 2017.

Re: Apc May Cancel Anambra Guber Primary Election Over Sen.andy Uba's Petition by Paperwhite(m): 2:57am On Sep 12, 2017
The do-or-die Anambra politics have started again.Since anything APC is now associated with catastrophic failure,woe betide any state or region that decided to embrace this evil.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc May Cancel Anambra Guber Primary Election Over Sen.andy Uba's Petition by Nobody: 3:08am On Sep 12, 2017
Sometimes I pity Andy Uba and those financing his campaign, b'cos he can Neva be the governor of Anambra State..

His kind's Era has passed...

Btw Anambra is too great for that APC..

Dedicating this FTC to my momma cheesy[/color][color=#000099]

1 Like

Re: Apc May Cancel Anambra Guber Primary Election Over Sen.andy Uba's Petition by Nobody: 3:12am On Sep 12, 2017
Paperwhite:
The do-or-die Anambra politics have started again.Since anything APC is now associated with catastrophic failure,woe betide any state or region that decided to embrace this evil.

Was about dedicating this FTC to my mum cry

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Under House Arrest – Lawyer / Death Of Nnamdi Kanu Could Lead To Another Civil War - Igbo Group Warns / Northern Governors, Traditional Rulers Begin Consultations In 19 Northern States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.