Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,314 members, 7,836,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Nigeria Took The Right To Speak I Gave Them During My Tenure To Abuse Me - GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Took The Right To Speak I Gave Them During My Tenure To Abuse Me - GEJ (606 Views)

Okorocha On Ahiajoku Lecture: Ihedioha Gathered PDP Chieftains To Abuse Me / My Tenure Expires In June- Emefiele / What APC Did To Abuse GEJ - Reno Omokri Shares Throwback Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Took The Right To Speak I Gave Them During My Tenure To Abuse Me - GEJ by apogeez(m): 6:58am On Sep 12, 2017
The ex.President Goodluck Jonathan missed the point when he took to the social media and posted that he forewarned that the freedom of speech he ‘dashed’ us during his tenure was now a scarce commodity!

And that we had hitherto taken it for granted under him, but abused him in large measure, to no end.

Firstly, it is a misnomer that Jonathan dashed us this freedom. Throughout the era of the military interregnum, Nigerians, supported by a robust and virile press, resisted threat to free speech.

Especially, in the darkest period of the era, under the evil duo of Ibrahim Babangida and Sani Abacha.

If anything was ever settled in Nigeria, it is unfettered freedom of speech. Hate speech is at variance with freedom of speech. Rwanda is our reference point on this evil. Any observer of social media would acknowledge its abuse. I doubt if Jonathan craves for this!

http://punchng.com/jonathan-on-freedom-of-speech/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Took The Right To Speak I Gave Them During My Tenure To Abuse Me - GEJ by royalamour(m): 7:01am On Sep 12, 2017
Perhaps
Re: Nigeria Took The Right To Speak I Gave Them During My Tenure To Abuse Me - GEJ by Florblu(f): 7:03am On Sep 12, 2017
Oga Jonah,we are missing you

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Took The Right To Speak I Gave Them During My Tenure To Abuse Me - GEJ by Deeldorado: 7:06am On Sep 12, 2017
Oga, it is not in your place to give. It is a fundamental human right. If anything, you were just as ineffectual as Buhari.
Re: Nigeria Took The Right To Speak I Gave Them During My Tenure To Abuse Me - GEJ by tsdarkside(m): 7:06am On Sep 12, 2017
foolish clown....was he president when fela was daring the military goverment..??

now the fool thinks he gave us freedom of speech..this is crazy....
Re: Nigeria Took The Right To Speak I Gave Them During My Tenure To Abuse Me - GEJ by raker300: 7:08am On Sep 12, 2017
Deeldorado:
Oga, it is not in your place to give. It is a fundamental human right. If anything, you were just as ineffectual as Buhari.
go ahead and use your real name to insult buhari now let's see if DSS won't arrest you

I dare you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Took The Right To Speak I Gave Them During My Tenure To Abuse Me - GEJ by rainylad(f): 7:08am On Sep 12, 2017
Extremely correct Oga Jonah..

Now they are crying like fowls under the despotic bigot buhari...shame.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Took The Right To Speak I Gave Them During My Tenure To Abuse Me - GEJ by raker300: 7:09am On Sep 12, 2017
tsdarkside:
foolish clown....was he president when fela was daring the military goverment..??

now the fool thinks he gave us freedom of speech..this is crazy....
what happened to fela after he insulted buhari?

Listen to fela's lyrics and understand better

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Took The Right To Speak I Gave Them During My Tenure To Abuse Me - GEJ by ismail4sure: 7:09am On Sep 12, 2017
gej for 2019

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Took The Right To Speak I Gave Them During My Tenure To Abuse Me - GEJ by Mynd44: 7:10am On Sep 12, 2017
*Singing Fela's song*
"Abegi oo, make you hear me very well
Abegi oo, make you hear me very well
Human rights na my property
So therefore, you can't dash me my property"

Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Took The Right To Speak I Gave Them During My Tenure To Abuse Me - GEJ by CallMeNJay: 7:11am On Sep 12, 2017
Buhari is learning from your mistakes
Re: Nigeria Took The Right To Speak I Gave Them During My Tenure To Abuse Me - GEJ by Deeldorado: 7:14am On Sep 12, 2017
Arrant nonsense. All the clamp down and abuse you did with DSS nko. You can afford to say this because Nigerians have a short memory. You presided over a government that swam in the pool of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Took The Right To Speak I Gave Them During My Tenure To Abuse Me - GEJ by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 12, 2017
Johnathan and hypocrisy are like 5&6

Re: Nigeria Took The Right To Speak I Gave Them During My Tenure To Abuse Me - GEJ by Sebastine1994(m): 7:30am On Sep 12, 2017
Jonathan behave YOURSELF.
Re: Nigeria Took The Right To Speak I Gave Them During My Tenure To Abuse Me - GEJ by ajepako(f): 7:34am On Sep 12, 2017
My HEALTHY presido has spoken

I sure miss this man..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Took The Right To Speak I Gave Them During My Tenure To Abuse Me - GEJ by Yyeske(m): 8:01am On Sep 12, 2017
Lest I forget, was it not under GEJ that newspapers were seized nation wide? MASSOB and BZM members arrested. CBN governor, Sanusi sacked for saying the truth. And some people are defending that same ineffectual buffoon here

(1) (Reply)

Anybody Found With Biafra Emblem Will Be Arrested - Abia State CP / Nigeria Waves Good Bye To Flamboyance At UNGA : Dailytrust / Anambra Election: Tony Nwoye Storms Imo Govt. House, Meets Gov. Okorocha (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.