Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

BONNY Youths Protest Against NLNG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BONNY Youths Protest Against NLNG (990 Views)

Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery / Insecurity: Youths Protest In Ibadan, Warn Buhari Of Interethnic Conflict / Youths Protest With Coffin In Akwa Ibom Over Siege On House Of Assembly (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BONNY Youths Protest Against NLNG by CallMeNJay: 7:29am On Sep 12, 2017
Youths from Bonny Kingdom in Rivers State on Monday staged a protest against the Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas Company for allegedly failing to carry out its corporate social responsibility, especially in the area of employment.

The youths, who marched to the NLNG facility in Bonny Local Government Area of Rivers State, said they had not benefitted anything from the firm since 1996.

The leader of the protesters, who identified himself as Ezekiel Hart, said, “Few months ago, we got a hint that the NLNG was employing 81 graduate trainees. We thought it was a joke; so, we tried to make enquiries. Later, we got the fact that the 81 slots were already filled.

“We wrote to NLNG management to find out why the company would embark on such a project without carrying along the Bonny indigenes who are graduates. But the company did not listen to our concern.

“This morning, our youths came out in their numbers to protest the injustice. We are saying that as host community we deserve the right to have some slots.”

When contacted, the NLNG Manager, Corporate Communications, Mr Tony Okonedo, told our correspondent in a telephone interview that stakeholders were already working towards resolving the matter.

http://www.naijalabel.com/2017/09/bonny-youths-protest-against-nlng.html

Re: BONNY Youths Protest Against NLNG by Sebastine1994(m): 7:33am On Sep 12, 2017
Seun please block this topic.
How can he call this thing protest. Protest is when bonny national student would want to destroy things. When Militants issue death threats to non indigene
Re: BONNY Youths Protest Against NLNG by Sebastine1994(m): 7:39am On Sep 12, 2017
I swear bonny youths are just too lazy. How will you keep disturbing oil companies for employment when something better can be done. What have those companies not done. They brought bonny vocational centre to teach the youth skills.
They have 24 hour power supply and cant do anything with it. Every time they are busy shouting marginalisation. The same company built a petrol chemical institute but how many indigene are attending.

1 Like

Re: BONNY Youths Protest Against NLNG by Amberon11: 7:41am On Sep 12, 2017
Lol.
Re: BONNY Youths Protest Against NLNG by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 12, 2017
The same Bonny Island that has 24/7 electricity courtesy NLNG, same Bonny that they give consideration above others in vocational training (Bonny Vocational Center, BVC), same Bonny Island that has a newly-built state-of-the-art Polytechnic, same Bonny Island that has almost all its road tarred, same Bonny that they give consideration when it comes to job positions, on top of the 13% derivation given to Rivers state. . .

You can't satisfy human beings. South-south youths need to man up and focus on their lives instead of complaining about "awa oyel". I stayed in Bonny Island, I know what I'm saying.

Small time, they will say its their oil they're using to feed Nigerians. Tell me, all the oil derivation being paid to their state and their elders and their militants, what have they achieved? They talk about spillage when they are the ones responsible for vandalizing pipelines which in turn pollutes their land and water.

A lot of their youth who complain should come to Lagos and see how other Nigerians youths are hustling for their lives in trade & commerce. I.T and Education... Oil money my foot.

The oil is blocking their brains from thinking further and realizing that there's a lot of money outside the oil sector. Apart from the FG and their local politicians with militanta like Asari Dokubo, Tompolo etc, the average Nigerian has profited nothing from this "awa oyel".

(1) (Reply)

Fayose And Nnamdi KANU For 2019 Presidency- Photo / Nigerians Must Apologize To GEJ / Army And The Need For Anti Psycho Pathological Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.