Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

SUCCESFUL ATM Fraud With A Bank Customised Callers Tone By A Fraudsters. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SUCCESFUL ATM Fraud With A Bank Customised Callers Tone By A Fraudsters. (639 Views)

EFCC Arrests Prison’s Staff, 5 Others For ATM Fraud / Armed Robbery Attack On A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (Graphic Photos) / Armed Robbery Attack At A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SUCCESFUL ATM Fraud With A Bank Customised Callers Tone By A Fraudsters. by kennydotkom(m): 1:04pm On Sep 12, 2017
Public service announcement :

Pls beware of ATM fraudsters.

A man in my offfice today also a victim lost #500k to ATM fraudster after he(the victim) called a number (08118111121)that conveyed the sms asking him to update his information e,g date of birth, years, even ATM serial number. When he received the message he anxiously pick his phone and call the number , the customise song underground with welcome to firstbank bla bla bla before a lady picked it. novice could not have escaped this trap. Customer care (a lady) ask him about irregular date of birth and ATM serial number , the victim divulg his ATM serial number on his card after 10min debt alert alert flooded his fone. Under 30mis # 300k has gone. Before he got to bank after 20mins #500k had been withdrew. With pronounced warning by all the bank never to reveal your account information. There will still be some novice/ layman.
Its happen yesterday11/09/2017 i my office at Oke- Ado ibadan.
May we not fall victim.

You can flash the number and confirm. If it has not been off.
Re: SUCCESFUL ATM Fraud With A Bank Customised Callers Tone By A Fraudsters. by Nbote(m): 1:08pm On Sep 12, 2017
Na lie.. D story get big k Leg and it takes a real slowpoke to fall for ATM SMS scam

1 Like

Re: SUCCESFUL ATM Fraud With A Bank Customised Callers Tone By A Fraudsters. by kennydotkom(m): 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2017
Nbote:
Na lie.. D story get big k Leg and it takes a real slowpoke to fall for ATM SMS scam

It may sound like a cookup story. But i was the one that evn help the victim to write out the clear part of the serial. Number on his ATM yesterday and i didnt no what he need it for. So i know what am sayin.
Re: SUCCESFUL ATM Fraud With A Bank Customised Callers Tone By A Fraudsters. by ophizzey001(m): 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2017
kennydotkom:

It may sound like a cookup story. But i was the one that evn help the victim to write out the clear part of the serial. Number on his ATM yesterday and i didnt no what he need it for. So i know what am sayin.

Photos
Re: SUCCESFUL ATM Fraud With A Bank Customised Callers Tone By A Fraudsters. by kennydotkom(m): 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2017
ophizzey001:

Photos

Photo on how the victim send his ATM serial number or the photo of how the scammer were using the money to buy goods via POS ?? Nawa ooo.
Re: SUCCESFUL ATM Fraud With A Bank Customised Callers Tone By A Fraudsters. by sebastin88(m): 2:31pm On Sep 13, 2017
I believe what he is saying, because if I was told what happened to me last month I wouldn't had believe until it happened. my name is sebastin Obasuyi, I was in a vehicle from Ikola to Alakuko when my phone got stolen inside the vehicle, it was on sunday around 3 o'clock... immediately I got off the vehicle I found out my phone was gone, the driver of the Danfo immediately drove of, to cut everything short. Hoping my phone and my sim card was on password I said to myself first thing on Monday morning I will go to my bank to lay report, but I couldn't so I went on Tuesday. even when I got to the bank that tuesday my bank (Diamond Bank, Alimosho branch) was still asking me to go bring police report after providing my international passport, I got angry and asked them to print out my statement of accounts . until customer care called my phone. that's same day (Sunday to Monday) they empty my bank account, the funniest thing was that I don't have Mobile App in my phone but still they where about to access my bank account and wipe my account, they order on jumia, but was recover but the rest money gone till now, my bank is still telling me they are investigating... please be careful with your phone, our banking system in Nigeria is nonsense, and scanners are taking advantage everyday... once you discover your phone is missing please first thing call your bank don't assume your phone is password or not
Re: SUCCESFUL ATM Fraud With A Bank Customised Callers Tone By A Fraudsters. by marooh: 3:39pm On Sep 13, 2017
MMM quotes: Scam are made for greedy men grin

(1) (Reply)

Recent Happening In Abuja / Domestic Violence: Tell Someone / Instagram Slayqueen Lying About Her Look Told To Kill Herself Over No Makeup Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.