Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Osun State University,(uniosun) News - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun State University,(uniosun) News (637 Views)

2019/2020 Osun State University (uniosun) Admission. / Osun State University (UNIOSUN) Release 2018/2019 Academic Calendar / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2018/2019 Post UTME /admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osun State University,(uniosun) News by youngaz(m): 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2017
3080GIST NEWS

GNS EXAMINATION: UNIOSUN STUDENTS GROANS AHEAD OF RE-SITTING

" It came as a surprise to me when I heard it. I have to resit for an examination that I have already written. What do they expect me to go put down when I already feel am in 300level. May God save us from being padded like a kid in her mother's arm" These were the words of Bala Adeniyi (not real name), a student of the department of Economics, who in no way failed hide her thoughts.

Recently, the news broke out across every campuses that the General Studies examination popularly known as GNS will be rewritten by all students and this came as a shock to everyone.
As a result of this, student have become furious and saddened with the management decision and are therefore making known their grievances to the management.

Our correspondent VIA WhatsApp interviewed a student who would love to be identified as Omo Baba Opa, Okuku Campus.He said " Warrave I gotta say�....dan to say.."Uniosun is bullshit!...upon all our money blah blah blah"...buh at d end of d day..We still gonna do...So...no mata wat we say...dey've made d decision"

He continued by comparing the school with a chess game 'Dis is just like chess...Uniosun and ASUU are d King and Queen...and we are d pawns...so we get to suffer d ridiculous conclusion..And decisions since we've got no choice".

A student also made it known that since most of the campus already did the GNS examination, there is no need to call all campuses back to campus to come sit for the examination again. He said "The people yet to do the exams are not up to one third of the ones that have done.. Travelling is not a day to day activity oh"

Also, Alhaji Keji,the faculty president for management science made known his opinion as well. "There is nothing special in rewriting exam but the major concern here is the risk of travelling and transport cost."

The management stated it's reason calling for resitting of examination because of leaked questions.

Adejoke, a student reacted to this " Whats their basis of cancelling it, It was leaked... It's GNS. And, ain't we on strike? The exam we just concluded was like a narrow escape.
She continued by adding that its not the student fault. " Is it our fault that they did not allow us to finish exam. Why did they postpone the exams'.

The resitting of the GNS examinatin has made campus, facaulties, departments to start backing out and announcing their stance that they are never going to resit for any examination.

Facaulty of Law, Ipetu Ijesha campus announced recently to her students via WhatsApp"On behalf of all students, we write to set the record straight and maintain our earlier stance that we are not rewriting any GNS examination at Ifetedo Campus for the just concluded 2016/2017 academic session as exams are deemed to be done. We re-emphasize that we do not intend to rewrite the examinations we have written, most especially the GNS courses. We request that the Directorate of GNS fix new examination dates with colleges/faculties who missed the examination exercise."

Also, Okuku campus, facaulty of management and social sciences insisted on no going for examination " GREATEST MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCE STUDENTS, WE SAY NO TO REWRITING OF EXAMS. We are not meant to pay for what did not buy. We went through so many processes before we wrote our papers, that they are about to forfeit. We stand against any act that can leads to violation of our efforts."
Re: Osun State University,(uniosun) News by davbravo(m): 4:39pm On Sep 12, 2017
youngaz:
3080GIST NEWS

GNS EXAMINATION: UNIOSUN STUDENTS GROANS AHEAD OF RE-SITTING

" It came as a surprise to me when I heard it. I have to resit for an examination that I have already written. What do they expect me to go put down when I already feel am in 300level. May God save us from being padded like a kid in her mother's arm" These were the words of Bala Adeniyi (not real name), a student of the department of Economics, who in no way failed hide her thoughts.

Recently, the news broke out across every campuses that the General Studies examination popularly known as GNS will be rewritten by all students and this came as a shock to everyone.
As a result of this, student have become furious and saddened with the management decision and are therefore making known their grievances to the management.

Our correspondent VIA WhatsApp interviewed a student who would love to be identified as Omo Baba Opa, Okuku Campus.He said " Warrave I gotta say�....dan to say.."Uniosun is bullshit!...upon all our money blah blah blah"...buh at d end of d day..We still gonna do...So...no mata wat we say...dey've made d decision"

He continued by comparing the school with a chess game 'Dis is just like chess...Uniosun and ASUU are d King and Queen...and we are d pawns...so we get to suffer d ridiculous conclusion..And decisions since we've got no choice".

A student also made it known that since most of the campus already did the GNS examination, there is no need to call all campuses back to campus to come sit for the examination again. He said "The people yet to do the exams are not up to one third of the ones that have done.. Travelling is not a day to day activity oh"

Also, Alhaji Keji,the faculty president for management science made known his opinion as well. "There is nothing special in rewriting exam but the major concern here is the risk of travelling and transport cost."

The management stated it's reason calling for resitting of examination because of leaked questions.

Adejoke, a student reacted to this " Whats their basis of cancelling it, It was leaked... It's GNS. And, ain't we on strike? The exam we just concluded was like a narrow escape.
She continued by adding that its not the student fault. " Is it our fault that they did not allow us to finish exam. Why did they postpone the exams'.

The resitting of the GNS examinatin has made campus, facaulties, departments to start backing out and announcing their stance that they are never going to resit for any examination.

Facaulty of Law, Ipetu Ijesha campus announced recently to her students via WhatsApp"On behalf of all students, we write to set the record straight and maintain our earlier stance that we are not rewriting any GNS examination at Ifetedo Campus for the just concluded 2016/2017 academic session as exams are deemed to be done. We re-emphasize that we do not intend to rewrite the examinations we have written, most especially the GNS courses. We request that the Directorate of GNS fix new examination dates with colleges/faculties who missed the examination exercise."

Also, Okuku campus, facaulty of management and social sciences insisted on no going for examination " GREATEST MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCE STUDENTS, WE SAY NO TO REWRITING OF EXAMS. We are not meant to pay for what did not buy. We went through so many processes before we wrote our papers, that they are about to forfeit. We stand against any act that can leads to violation of our efforts."

(1) (Reply)

All The Gurus, Please Help With This Quantitative Reasoning Question / Jamb Publishes Accredited Registration Centers For 2018 Jamb Registration / See This Primary School In Benue State - Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.