Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,690 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

2016-17 NPFL Top Scorer Okpotu Vows To Fire Nigeria To WAFU Cup Glory - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2016-17 NPFL Top Scorer Okpotu Vows To Fire Nigeria To WAFU Cup Glory (324 Views)

Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski: Who Has The Best Goal+assist Stats Since 2016/17? / Paul Onuachu Is Nigeria’s Top Scorer In 2017; Beats Onyekuru, Okpotu, Ighalo / Eagles Outclass Hosts Ghana To Reach WAFU Cup Semis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2016-17 NPFL Top Scorer Okpotu Vows To Fire Nigeria To WAFU Cup Glory by samsonslide: 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2017
Lobi Stars striker Anthony Okpotu has vouched to help the Super Eagles win the 2017 WAFU Cup of Nations title in Ghana.

Okpotu, who was the 2016-17 top scorer in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) with 19 goals having scored one more than MFM FC striker Stephen Odey who was on 18 goals before his move abroad.

However, the marksman says he’s not targeting the Cup of Nations Golden Boot award as his top priority is to help the Super Eagles win the tournament.

“I am not targeting the highest goal scorer in the WAFU tournament,” Okpotu said.

“I would prefer the team won the cup than for me to be the highest goal scorer.

“But if along the line the opportunity comes for me to be top scorer, I will grab it and make it a double – the cup and the award.”
Read More Interesting Sport News:https://www.sportlineng.com/more-news/

(1) (Reply)

Wenger Happy With Lacazette Display / Harry Kane Gets Job Done For England As They Qualify For 2018 World Cup / Premier League Followers & Prediction Experts, One Of Will Win N2000 Airtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.