Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide - Technology Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide (309833 Views)

Cheap Laptop Prices In Computer Village Ikeja Lagos,ict Accessoriess Price / Latest Brand New Laptops For Clearance Sales In Computer Village Ikeja / The Ikeja Computer Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by Wysiwyg: 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2007
@ gbade.x
SLOT is located at Ola-Ayeni street. The street opposite that bridge in front of cash n carry.

Any one knows how much I could get a fairly used Playstation 2?
Original seagate 80GB hard drive and where?
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 14, 2007
This an experience I had a couple of days ago from buying a charger from Computer Village.

I've been having phone charger problem . The one I've been using for a while blew so I decided to get another one. I went to a shop close to the entrance of computer village got another charger and watched them test it and I saw that it was working perfectly. I paid 300naira for it. You won't believe that on getting home the charger didn't work squat.

Incidentally, I had given my aunt's driver 500naira earlier in the day to look for one but he didn't return from the office on time and I didn't want a situation where he comes back and says he wasn't able to purchase it. But he came back with one all the same and it worked. But stopped working about 10mins later. Is it my just my luck or are we in trouble in Nigeria as fake things are just flooding the market? I've become very cynical when it comes to buying electronics.
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by sendtodeji: 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2007
Analysis of the Market Trend in Nigeria

I have observed the market trend in the country and came to the conclusion that things are the way they are because people want CHEAP things! Yeah right, they can't afford it blah blah blah. At the end of the day, they end up paying more. Whenever I purchase electronics, I made sure I made my budget known to the seller in all honesty. I will tell him I want a durable product at whatever price that is reasonable. I made sure I don't haggle the price ridiculously low so as not to make the guy change his mind and do something I will regret. In all my encounters, I always end up with sellers who appreciate my honesty and I end up with just what I want. A solid business relationship is born out of such encounters.

Nigerian market is a buyer-driven market. Because the sellers are trying to meet buyers demands, they go all out to do anything that will make the prices attractive to the buyers, even if it means buying inferior items. Sometimes ago, I sent some flash drives home to be sold. These flash drives cost me $30+tax+shipping to buy in the US. When it arrived in Nigeria, people were offering =N=2500 for them. I was so frustrated that I asked them to sell at that price, not because I was happy with the offers, but because I wanted to prove a point. The other Computer Village flash drives that mine were compared with lasted only about 2 weeks! It was then they realized that they weren't the same product. Now they want my flash drives at any cost!

This trend applies to everything that's being sold in Nigeria right now. Nigerians want to buy a car that costs $8000 in the US for just N1.4 million naira. Ridiculous! They want a laptop that costs $600+tax+shipping for N80k. Ridiculous! C'mon guys, let's be realistic. It ain't gonna work! It keeps me wondering "where do these people buy from that makes them sell for such a ridiculously cheap prices?" I have since found an answer to that question and we are all witnesses to the consequences of buying CHEAP things. I am not saying all CHEAP things are bad, but I am saying you that you simply get "your money's worth".

TIPS TO AVOID BEING A VICTIM

Next time you want to buy an item at Computer Village, you have to first be honest with yourself about the price. Do a price research online. Do the maths. Make sure it's a brand you've seen on the Internet. Try as much as possible to establish a long term business relationship with some trustworthy sellers and stop jumping from store to store. Make sure they will always take back your defective item and replace it in a whim. I used to have a chain of trustworthy sellers when I used to assemble PCs. I always get my "money's worth" and my customers always come back for more.

Conclusively, it seems to me that we all have a role to play in what's currently going on in the market. We will get durable products if are honest to ourself about the price. Put yourself in the sellers shoes. Don't assume he's buying at a bargain wholesale price. What if he is? He doesn't have to because of that, sell at a below-market-value price!

MY PROPOSAL
------------------

If you want a good durable item, contact me @ sendtodeji@gmail.com. Let me know how much you are willing to pay for it. I will tell you where you can pick it up in Lagos or Ibadan. It might take up to 2 weeks before your order arrives in Nigeria. But patience isn't too much of a price to pay for good quality.
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Sep 14, 2007
Why get a USED one, Why not go for a BRAND NEW one and get the Warranty and loose the hassle of getting crap and not being able to do something about it ? If you really want to get a playstation 2, you can get the SLIMLINE for N20, 000 and with peace of mind knowing that if you have issues, you can call the company directly to complain, not tell another sob story about being 419ed yet again or something

KoboJunkie smiley
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by Wysiwyg: 7:26pm On Sep 14, 2007
I need to see some replies men! or what is the essence of the thread. Anyways, how much would a sony discman go for and where would I get a nice and original one.

PS: It has to be sexy and lovely cos it's for my sweetpie wink

I also need an Ipod shuffle for my self. Prices please?
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by SHOT(m): 12:38pm On Sep 22, 2007
you can get various computer prices form this site.
strictly naija
http://shot-africa..com/
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by gbeboy(m): 8:53am On Oct 01, 2007
shot, subzy home of technology, nice way of advertising. this is a real entrepreneur from CU. Thumbs up men and keep it up. CU for life.
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by gentleone(f): 11:39am On Oct 01, 2007
Wysiwyg:

I need to see some replies men! or what is the essence of the thread. Anyways, how much would a sony discman go for and where would I get a nice and original one.

PS: It has to be sexy and lovely because it's for my sweetpie wink

I also need an Ipod shuffle for my self. Prices please?

@wysiwysg, buy an ipod for your sweetpie and for yourself too, prices from 5k.
check https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-81985.0.html for more details
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by Kobojunkie: 12:56pm On Oct 01, 2007
A real Ipod for 5k up? Are you referring to Ipod accessories in this case??
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by ricki: 11:26pm On Oct 12, 2007
all this things you guys are talking about are very reasonable priced conpared to here in the uk, how can an xbox 360 cost N40,000 that is roughly about north of £150, you nigerians are enjying a lot, i do not know why ppl complain about that place. grin
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by Femtex(m): 5:15pm On Oct 18, 2007
Everybody Help.

What is the current actual market price for a Pentium 3 Dell / HP Laptop
Pentium 4 Dell / HP Laptop
Pentium M Dell / HP Laptop
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by sabmack(m): 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2007
If u want most of the prices for Computer and accessories u can mail me at sabmack2001@yahoo.com for your quaility products and accessories in Computer.

We provide Internet services and also help in setting up your System Network.

Meanwhile u can get your Hp P4 Laptops from 150k.
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by Marketiva: 7:34pm On Oct 19, 2007
@muyibaba,

guess you are almost tru with ur house at ajjah.a p4 laptop costs 60k,the board of a dell is 35k.bye
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by hayprof(m): 3:38am On Oct 21, 2007
Pls How much do Scanners Cost in Comp. Village?

Precisely Hp Models,

-Thanks  cool
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by Kabidoye(m): 9:37am On Oct 22, 2007
bought a 4 port usb hub for 500 box,
sony memory card 512 mb for 1800
brand new p4 512 ram with 40GB hdd, cd/rw, 14' monitor for 45k
will post more as i visit.
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by kayceeyank: 12:24pm On Oct 22, 2007
I have in stock for sale

1 .New 2.4 Dish VSAT
2. Fairlly used IPSAT Moderm
3. Net2phone Yap Max 8port
4. 24 port dlink switch

Interest you to know more call 08034717933 or email aderibigbe2004@yahoo.com

Ade is my name
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by lobinoxebe(m): 1:41pm On Oct 24, 2007
I am a computer engineer, am always in and out of floor

LAn shooker 3,500

Softwares ( windows xp,microsoft office 2007, antivirus) 150 naira

PROCESSOR
P3 1GB MMX PRO 5,000
P3 733 MMX PRO 3,000
P3 866 MMX PRO 4,000

p4 2.8 cel 8,000
P4 3.06 CEL 8,5000
P4 3.2 CEL 9,500

see more in the attach file,

Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by colors(f): 9:58pm On Oct 25, 2007
hey pls does any one know how much a hp photosmart A826 printer costs. pls someone reply urgent as i need it asap. thanks[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by hayprof(m): 12:50am On Oct 26, 2007
lobinoxebe:

LAn shooker 3,500

PROCESSOR
P3 1GB MMX PRO 5,000
P3 733 MMX PRO 3,000
P3 866 MMX PRO 4,000

p4 2.8 cel 8,000
P4 3.06 CEL 8,5000
P4 3.2 CEL 9,500

Hello lobinoxebe,

I have a Hp laserjet 1100 printer in ma Office, but the problem is no one knws hw to set it up.

Can u be of Help, And where is your office located?

Phone No.
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by Bankky12: 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2007
Hi fellas,

you guyz should check the prices on this site www.easydoit.co.uk don't worry about the .co.uk its a Naija site
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2007
bought a 320GB seagate hard drive yesterday for 19000
3.5" case for 5000
mercury UPS classic for 5,500
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by Bankky12: 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2007
Hi Oyb,

I could deliver Freecom Hard Drive 500GB to you front door for just #21k and better still the seagate for even less.
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by hayprof(m): 9:08pm On Nov 04, 2007
Bankky12:

Hi Oyb,

I could deliver Freecom Hard Drive 500GB to you front door for just #21k and better still the seagate for even less.

I will need a External HDD,

What r the Sizes and Price Ranges??
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by Bankky12: 8:30am On Nov 05, 2007
Hi Hayprof,

It depend on the make, model and memory capacity. Tell me your specs and I will give the price you can not beat anywhere else.

For Example this :MAXTOR MAX320GI 500GB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE with image attached will only cost you #26k

So, you will have to tell me you specs to give you what will interest you

Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by Seun(m): 8:34am On Nov 05, 2007
Where can I buy daylight-corrected fluorescent tubes? And at what price?

Also, where can I buy a USB to IDE adapter to connect my desktop hard disk to my laptop?
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by hayprof(m): 11:15pm On Nov 05, 2007
Bankky12:

Hi Hayprof,

It depend on the make, model and memory capacity. Tell me your specs and I will give the price you can not beat anywhere else.

For Example this :MAXTOR MAX320GI 500GB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE with image attached will only cost you #26k

So, you will have to tell me you specs to give you what will interest you

You just give me Prices to the various Sizes u have and i will pick ma Choice, -Its Simple!
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by earthrealm(m): 11:36pm On Nov 05, 2007
i need a usb tv/fm tuner, for my laptop
anybody know where i cud lay my hands on one?, n the price too,
bought a pcmmia card n the stuff didnt work, !!!
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by Bankky12: 8:18pm On Nov 06, 2007
Western Digital My Book 500GB Essential USB2.0 External Hard Drive #27,000

Seagate FREEAGENT DESKTOP 500GB Hard Drive UK-VER 3,5" 7200RPM 8MB USB2.0 - ST305004FDC1E1-RK #27,500

LaCie, Desktop Drive , Design by F.A Porsche, 500GB, 7200RPM, USB2, Mac and PC, Plug and Play #26,900

Western Digital My Book 250GB Essential USB 2.0 External Hard Drive #19,000

Western Digital Elements 250GB FAT32 USB 2.0 External Hard Drive #18,500

Freecom Classic 500GB External HDD, USB2 Black #24,999

SAMSUNG EHD35 500GB 3.5 inch External Hard Drives #40,000

MAXTOR STM305004EHCB01-RK 3.5 inch 500GB External Hard Drives #26,850

MAXTOR STM310004OTDB06-RK 3.5 inch 1000GB External Hard Drives #68,500

So Hayprof, here it is as requested.

Let me know what you think and if you need the images give me a buzz. Also note the prices includes delivery to your door.

Bankky,
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by Bankky12: 8:47pm On Nov 06, 2007
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide
« #90 on: Yesterday at 11:36:06 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i need a usb tv/fm tuner, for my laptop
anybody know where i cud lay my hands on one?, n the price too,
bought a pcmmia card n the stuff didnt work, !!!

Hi Earthrealm

I can deliver Hauppauge WinTV USB TV Tuner For #15,300
Specs
Watch TV Full Screen or in a Window on your PC or Laptop
Snap Video images
Videoconference over the internet
Plugs into USB port for easy installation
Create digital movies in the Microsoft AVI file format with Hauppauge's WinTV-Capture application

Freecom DVB-T Hybrid USB Stick - Analog TV & Digital Freeview Receiver, black For #16,999

Specs
Product Description: DVB-T & Analog TV USB stick DVB-T receiver / analogue TV tuner - USB
Device Type: DVB-T receiver / analogue TV tuner - external
Interface Type: USB
Dimensions (WxDxH): 2.8 cm x 8.6 cm x 1.5 cm
Weight: 25 g
Video Input: TV tuner - external
Digital Video Format: MPEG-2, DVB
OS Required: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition, Microsoft Windows XP SP1 or later
Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years warranty

This prices includes delivery to your door.

Let me know what you think

Bankky

Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by 3dhunter(m): 7:24pm On Nov 08, 2007

LAn shooker 3,500

PROCESSOR
P3 1GB MMX PRO 5,000
P3 733 MMX PRO 3,000
P3 866 MMX PRO 4,000

p4 2.8 cel 8,000
P4 3.06 CEL 8,5000
P4 3.2 CEL 9,500

@ lobinoxebe
it is quite interesting posting the price of pirated softwares for Microsoft and others to see on a public forum. please kindly modify the post and remove those ones.
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by earthrealm(m): 9:23pm On Nov 08, 2007
ok, i like the tv tuner, cudnt u twiddle the price downwards a bit?,
whats ur final price?, am also interested in a laptop external hard drive 350gb,,,<i need something compact!!!!>, hats the price?
n how do u settle the issue of payment n collection of goods?
Re: Computer Village (Ikeja) Price Guide by Bankky12: 8:10am On Nov 09, 2007
Hey Earthrealm,

I suppose you 've checked the prices above else where, thats the best price I could get them. Send your e-mail address to bankky12@yahoo.com with the Ext. HD you want.

And we will take it from there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Www.whatsapp.com- Download Whatsapp For Nokia, Blackberry, Android / ♨️⭕️⚙️⏯️ BARELY USED Smart (Web 2.0) TVs..."⏯️⚙️⭕️♨️ / Get Up To 100,000mb Data Bundle For Free From Airtel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.