Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,005 members, 7,866,802 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:37 AM

The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included (1855 Views)

Japan Debuts New Bullet Train That Can Run During An Earthquake / Ghanaian Lady Made To Jump Into Gutter To Pick What She Threw In There (Photos) / The Portion Of The Track That Causes The Train Accident In Agege - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by TheObservatory: 10:30pm On Sep 12, 2017
Japan Railways runs a train for only one passenger for over three years.

A high-school girl takes the train from Kami-Shirataki station in the northernmost island of Hokkaido, Japan and the same train drops her back from school.

She is the only passenger to travel in the train and Japan Railways has made the decision to run the train only for her.

Japan government was planning to shut the station down due to its remote location, until they noticed it being used by a school girl on everyday basis, which is why they kept the train moving until she graduates. Japan Railways even rescheduled the train according to her school timings. The girl is supposedly going to graduate soon, after which the train service will be shut down permanently.

People are saluting the Japan government for their step of keeping education as top priority and made a comment of Facebook post, which shows the CCTV footage, 'Why should I not want to die for a country like this when the government is ready to go an extra mile just for me. This is the meaning of good governance penetrating right to the grassroot level. Every citizen matters. No Child left behind!'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3395828/The-train-company-stops-station-everyday-pick-ONE-passenger-school.html

Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by cuedish: 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2017
Naija my country....

Where some people exchange their destiny and that of their children for a cup of rice.

Shame !

MEANWHILE:
#atiku2019....Another Criminal is campaigning for 2019 presidency .....I hope plenty of Nigerians will not fall for this cheap trick again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 12, 2017
grin

Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 13, 2017
just 1 passenger...

eleyi gidi gan!!!
Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by happney65: 2:41am On Sep 13, 2017
She would grow up to be punctual always..because of something like this..She would hate people that are not punctual like I do..

1 Like

Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by chukxie(m): 2:41am On Sep 13, 2017
That's a country to die for. A country a citizen should be unwaveringly patriotic to. If there's a next life, I pray I don't come as a Nigerian or come from a country with visionless and corrupt leaders /politicians.

1 Like

Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by Nobody: 5:22am On Sep 13, 2017
chukxie:
That's a country to die for. A country a citizen should be unwaveringly patriotic to. If there's a next life, I pray I don't come as a Nigerian or come from a country with visionless and corrupt leaders /politicians.

I am unwaveringly patriotic yet I had no trains waiting to take me to school everyday, trekking to school with friends was a nice bonding experience and good for my health. This train, carrying only one passenger daily is a monumental waste and will cost tax payers heavily. They can save cost by getting her a mini school bus or she can be home schooled if the terrain is too bad to commute. People like you can never see anything good about Nigeria, we deserve the type of leaders we have.
Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by chukxie(m): 6:03am On Sep 13, 2017
Pidgin2:

I am unwaveringly patriotic yet I had no trains waiting to take me to school everyday, trekking to school with friends was a nice bonding experience and good for my health. This train, carrying only one passenger daily is a monumental waste and will cost tax payers heavily. They can save cost by getting her a mini school bus or she can be home schooled if the terrain is too bad to commute. People like you can never see anything good about Nigeria, we deserve the type of leaders we have.

To each his/her own. To you the train conveying only one girl to/from school is a "monumental waste" but to the Japanese gov't it isn't a waste. My dear, keep being patriotic. I am, too. After all I am an employer of labour in Nigeria even though I don't reside there. If you've not left the shores of Nigeria, you wouldn't know how monumentally screwed up Nigeria is. Nigeria has all it takes to make Nigerians and blacks Africans proud but what has it done with all the wealth mother nature bestowed upon it? Nothing! It's squandered it all!

2 Likes

Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by Antina(f): 6:10am On Sep 13, 2017
Wowzerful!!
Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 13, 2017
chukxie:

To each his/her own. To you the train conveying only one girl to/from school is a "monumental waste" but to the Japanese gov't it isn't a waste. My dear, keep being patriotic. I am, too. After all I am an employer of labour in Nigeria even though I don't reside there. If you've not left the shores of Nigeria, you wouldn't know how monumentally screwed up Nigeria is. Nigeria has all it takes to make Nigerians and bkacks Africans proud but what has it done with all the wealth mother nature bestowed upon it? Nothing! It's squandered it!

I have left the shores of Naija several times , no where is perfect. I don't know why we youths hardly read history, Nigeria was great before, it's humans like you and I that used selfishness and greed to covert her wealth for evil purposes. Instead of criticising the country why not profer solutions when and where you can.

I still stand by my opinion, the action of the Japanese government on this issue is a monumental waste of tax payers money
Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by IstandWitBuhari: 7:30am On Sep 13, 2017
Pidgin2:

Are you more intelligent than the Japanese government?

This is a very stupid comment from you

5 Likes

Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by IstandWitBuhari: 7:33am On Sep 13, 2017
Pidgin2:

I have left the shores of Naija several times , no where is perfect. I don't know why we youths hardly read history, Nigeria was great before, it's humans like you and I that used selfishness and greed to covert her wealth for evil purposes. Instead of criticising the country why not profer solutions when and where you can.

I still stand by my opinion, the action of the Japanese government on this issue is a monumental waste of tax payers money

That you have been to kotonu or ghana doesn't mean you have travelled.

2 Likes

Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 13, 2017
IstandWitBuhari:

Are you more intelligent than the Japanese government?

This is a very stupid comment from you

Shorop there! It's my opinion state yours and move on
Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by chukxie(m): 8:18am On Sep 13, 2017
Pidgin2:

I beg to differ from your opinion that humans like you and I destroyed Nigeria. Those that brought Nigeria to its knees are nothing like us - average hard working Nigerians. The selfish ruling class did ! As for proffering solutions to Nigeria's wows, I think people have done that a billion times over. But did the powers that be listen? NO! Are the powers that be now listening to the cries of the ordinary man/woman? No! Are Christians and Muslims not praying for Nigeria? Yes! Has the standard of living improved for ordinary Nigerians? No! In Nigeria, we lack even the simplest of basic amenities. Should a nation so blessed be so abysmally poor? The prevailing negative situation in Nigeria can crush one's patriotism.

1 Like

Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 13, 2017
IstandWitBuhari:

That you have been to kotonu or ghana doesn't mean you have travelled.

You need AdSense badly
Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 13, 2017
chukxie:

I beg to differ from your opinion that humans like you and I destroyed Nigeria. Those that brought Nigeria to its knees are nothing like us - average hard working Nigerians. The selfish ruling class did ! As for proffering solutions to Nigeria's wows, I think people have done that a billion times over. But did the powers that be listen? NO! Are the powers that be now listening to the cries of the ordinary man/woman? No! Are Christians and Muslims not praying for Nigeria? Yes! Has the standard of living improved for ordinary Nigerians? No! In Nigeria, we lack even the simplest of basic amenities. Should a nation so blessed be so abysmally poor? The prevailing negative situation in Nigeria can crush one's patriotism.

The average working Nigerians are not saints. Among us are the ones who patronise ritualists to get rich quick, the ones who go abroad and disgrace the country by dealing drugs and raping people, the ones who collect bribe at road blocks and immigration check points, who bribe to import fake drugs; tires and other harmful merchandise into the country, people who lie, steal, 419 etc, i can go on but let me stop by saying, we are just as corrupt as any leader you blame after all those leaders are products of our society

Stop ranting and blaming anyone, look inwards and do what you can to change things within your family and in your business

I don't understand what you mean by lacking all basic amenities, you have exaggerated there but I don't want to sound like a broken record and I won't debate on this. You live abroad yet you know that all Nigerians lack every basic amenity, in other words, you mean the average Nigerian is poor and doesn't live where there are good roads ,schools, water, hospitals etc?
Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by chukxie(m): 9:41am On Sep 13, 2017
Pidgin2:

The average working Nigerians are not saints. Among us are the ones who patronise ritualists to get rich quick, the ones who go abroad and disgrace the country by dealing drugs and raping people, the ones who collect bribe at road blocks and immigration check points, who bribe to import fake drugs; tires and other harmful merchandise into the country, people who lie, steal, 419 etc, i can go on but let me stop by saying, we are just as corrupt as any leader you blame after all those leaders are products of our society

Stop ranting and blaming anyone, look inwards and do what you can to change things within your family and in your business

I don't understand what you mean by lacking all basic amenities, you have exaggerated there but I don't want to sound like a broken record and I won't debate on this. You live abroad yet you know that all Nigerians lack every basic amenity, in other words, you mean the average Nigerian is poor and doesn't live where there are good roads ,schools, water, hospitals etc?

Now you are beginning to sound like someone running for a political office. I understand you're trying your hardest to sound patriotic. Your being patriotic still doesn't change the glaring fact that Nigeria has been messed up and is still messed up. Can the mess be remedied? Sure, it can. Is it being remedied? No! I really don't know what picture of Nigeria you have but the one I have - and I'm certain millions of Nigerias have is a picture in which steady and affordable electricity is not available. The average Nigerian is not only poor but lacks basic amenities. It's a sad truth. How many Nigerians enjoy constant electricity from the grid? How many Nigerians have access to drinking water provided by the government? How many good federal roads do we have in Nigeria? Citizens of Ghana, a small country with fewer mineral resources than Nigeria enjoy almost constant electricity supply. Life there isn't perfect but it's much better than what's obtainable in Nigeria. It's a shame! Let's call a spade a spade because by doing so will our leaders listen. On a final note, we can be patriotic but truthful to ourselves.

1 Like

Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by Lumiere91: 10:11am On Sep 13, 2017
now I know why Japanese can die for their country anytime any day
Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 13, 2017
Chukxie, if saying the truth makes me sound like a politician then so be it

If life in Ghana is better than Nigeria (according to you) why is it that even the population of Lagos state alone is still more than the entire country, there should be mass migration into Ghana by now, if life is indeed better there, this is not the case because one cannot even begin to mention many factors that make Nigeria still better than Ghana, we are not in the same class
Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by lonlytroy(m): 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2017
cuedish:
Naija my country....

Where some people exchange their destiny and that of their children for a cup of rice.

Shame !

MEANWHILE:
#atiku2019....Another Criminal is campaigning for 2019 presidency .....I hope plenty of Nigerians will not fall for this cheap trick again.

Don't worry, he is going nowhere
Just let him waste his money again
Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by chukxie(m): 12:41pm On Sep 13, 2017
Pidgin2:
Chukxie, if saying the truth makes me sound like a politician then so be it

If life in Ghana is better than Nigeria (according to you) why is it that even the population of Lagos state alone is still more than the entire country, there should be mass migration into Ghana by now, if life is indeed better there, this is not the case because one cannot even begin to mention many factors that make Nigeria still better than Ghana, we are not in the same class

Come on, my friend, the size of a country should never be a factor in determining how developed or otherwise it is or will be. There are smaller countries than Ghana in Africa that are performing shamefully. Conversely there are countries with a huge population that are performing brilliantly. China and India are two very huge countries but China is way more developed than India in spite of China having a higher population than India. Why is it so?
Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2017
lonlytroy:

Don't worry, he is going nowhere
Just let him waste his money again

A man that CANNOT enter America till today because of corruption charges waiting for him. Is it the same man that will rule this country and end corruption?

He is a great dreamer by the way!

1 Like

Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2017
Mr Chukxie,

Please STOP replying pidgin. It will lead no where. She's a die hard Nigerian and she's ready to defend Nigeria anywhere. Good of her but as for me, MBANU!

I tire for this country and her ways of doing things.

Ni hao
Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2017
chukxie:

Come on, my friend, the size of a country should never be a factor in determining how developed or otherwise it is or will be. There are smaller countries than Ghana in Africa that are performing shamefully. Conversely there are countries with a huge population that are performing brilliantly. China and India are two very huge countries but China is way more developed than India in spite of China having a higher population than India. Why is it so?

It seems you are misunderstanding me, I said population flow is an indicating factor of development both within and outside a country. If Ghana was far better than us, most Nigerians would have found their way there like they found their way into Nigeria in large numbers until we were forced to drive them away from here

1 Like

Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by chukxie(m): 1:40pm On Sep 13, 2017
Pidgin2:

It seems you are misunderstanding me, I said population flow is an indicating factor of development both within and outside a country. If Ghana was far better than us, most Nigerians would have found their way there like they found their way into Nigeria in large numbers until we were forced to drive them away from here

Nigeria has been in regression mode for years. And until we start admitting this sad but true fact things will remain the way they've been for years.
Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by chukxie(m): 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2017
ferhyntorlah:
Mr Chukxie,

Please STOP replying pidgin. It will lead no where. She's a die hard Nigerian and she's ready to defend Nigeria anywhere. Good of her but as for me, MBANU!

I tire for this country and her ways of doing things.

Ni hao

How far? Ni hao ma wo de pengyou ?
Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:04pm On Sep 13, 2017
chukxie:

How far? Ni hao ma wo de pengyou ?
I am fine.
I don't understand the rest after ni hao.
Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by chukxie(m): 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2017
ferhyntorlah:

I am fine.

I don't understand the rest after ni hao.

Hahaha. You still try abeg.
What I wrote- 'How are you my friend?'
Re: The Train That Stops Everyday To Pick Up ONE Passanger- Pictures included by Jlow2: 7:47pm On Sep 15, 2017
in my country a lady getz 2million for tweaking and best graduating student from a university gets 10k

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Living In Cambodia Come In. / The World's Most Powerful Passports For 2021 / Uk Visa Through Conference/seminar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.