Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria (35609 Views)

Local Chicken Gold Mine / Snail Farming, The Untaped Gold Mine / Tilapia Farming, A Hidden Gold Mine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 11:11pm On Sep 12, 2017
THE NEXT GOLD MINE IN NIGERIA

Did you know that Nigeria sits on an agribusiness goldmine but most people just don’t see it? If you’re one of the blind, allow me to open your eyes with a few exciting facts you need to know about agribusiness

Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, recently invested $1 billion in rice production? Every year, Nigeria spends billions of dollars on rice imports, and Dangote wants a slice of the market.

Let me share with you five reasons why agriculture is the biggest business opportunity right now in Africa. And why many of the world’s top business people are investing in African agribusiness.

1. Africa has cheap agricultural land

According to the World Bank, Sub-Saharan Africa is home to nearly 50 percent of the world’s fertile, usable and uncultivated agricultural land. The size: over 200 million hectares! The continent is now widely considered to be the future breadbasket of the world. It is this huge abundance of land resources that gives Africa the strategic potential to feed the world!

2. Africa has a ready market and high demand for agricultural produce

Agribusiness is one of the best business opportunities in the world as food never goes out of fashion. People must eat food every day!
Currently, Africa’s population is just over one billion people. At its current growth rate, the continent’s population is expected to reach 2.2 billion by 2050. Now and in the future, Africa will always have a lot of mouths to feed.

It’s not just the food industry that depends on agribusiness. Several other industries, especially the manufacturing and processing industries, depend on agribusiness for a wide range of raw materials. As Africa’s economies continue to grow, the demand for raw materials will surely increase and create more interesting opportunities for agribusiness on the continent.

3. Improved varieties and farm practices are changing the game across Africa

Agribusiness in Africa has suffered through the years because of its poor yields and crude farm practices. Most of the crops cultivated on the continent produce very little and are often very prone to pests, diseases and drought.

However, due to advances in crop/animal science and technology, it is now possible to harvest more food per hectare than ever before in Africa’s history. There are now improved crop and animal varieties that mature earlier, require less resources, and are less susceptible to pest attacks, diseases and drought.

4. Agribusiness is very scalable. You can start with what you have.

Whether you own one plot of land or 10,000 hectares, agribusiness is one of few business opportunities that allow you to start on any scale, with whatever you have!

5. Agribusiness is a huge job creator

Agribusiness is one of the most effective ways to create jobs and empower millions of Africans. At present, up to 60 per cent of the labor force in Sub-Saharan Africa is employed in the agribusiness industry. Agribusiness remains a top employer of labor in many African countries.

The value chain in the agribusiness industry, from food production, processing and marketing provide huge opportunities for employment and entrepreneurship.

Download Over 3000 Agricultural Business Training eBooks. This ebooks are Categorized into various Crop production, Animal Husbandry and Agricultural Business Plan.

Visit www.Agric.LegalWebConsult.com

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2017
Agriculture is the new Oil
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 9:23am On Sep 15, 2017
Agriculture is the future

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 5:31pm On Sep 16, 2017
Agriculture is one of the reason why we are out of recession
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2017
This is a welcome development
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 5:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
Happy Sunday. Wish you all a wonderful week ahead
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 6:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
This is very helpful
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 6:46pm On Sep 27, 2017
Always improve yourself
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 6:35pm On Sep 28, 2017
Knowledge is Power
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 6:20pm On Sep 29, 2017
With God all things are possible
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 7:00pm On Sep 30, 2017
Be determined to make it in Life

1 Like

Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2017
Happy Independence Day
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 6:05pm On Oct 03, 2017
With God all things are possible
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2017
Dream big and stay focus
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 5:27pm On Oct 09, 2017
Have a wonderful week ahead.
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 6:23pm On Oct 11, 2017
Success is a choice. Make the right choice today.
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 5:53pm On Oct 13, 2017
Don't give up on your dream
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 7:05pm On Oct 14, 2017
Have a great weekend
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 7:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
Happy sunday
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2017
One of the things you need to succeed is Passion
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2017
Mindset is what separates the Best from the Rest
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 6:44pm On Oct 18, 2017
Stay Positive
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 6:51pm On Oct 19, 2017
Stay Focus
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2017
Be Determined
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 6:57pm On Oct 21, 2017
Be Creative
Re: The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria by silasweb(m): 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
Happy Sunday

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nairaland Pig Farmers Host Free Pork Tasting Party / Construction Of Rice Polishing Factory In Kebbi State Kicks Off (Photos) / Recap: My Journey So Far Into Maize Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.